JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q3. Judeo-Christian Faith

• 1 month later...

Q3. Every religion has its own kind of faith. What is the content of the Judeo-Christian type of faith that sets it apart from any other?

Judeo-Christian type of faith is the confidence that Jesus Christ died for the forgiveness of our sins and that He rose from the dead and is now seated on the right hand of God the Father in Heaven.

What is the basis of Noah's faith (11:7)?

Noah's faith was based on "holy fear." Though he had never seen or heard of the events to come, his confidence in Jehovah led him to obey the command.

What is the basis of our faith?

The basis of our faith, as was Noah's, is the confidence that we have in God.

How does faith grow (see Romans 10:17)

Romans 10:17 says,

"So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God."

Our faith grows when we stay in the Word of God. The more we know of Him the more our faith grows.

• 1 month later...
Q3. Every religion has its own kind of faith. What is the content of the Judeo-Christian type of faith that sets it apart from any other? What is the basis of Noah's faith (11:7)? What is the basis of our faith? How does faith grow (see Romans 10:17)

The basis for Noahs Faith. ( GEN. 6:9 ) To say that Noah was righteous and blameless does not mean that he never sinned ( the bible records one of his sins in ( gen. 9: 20 ) Rather it means that he wholeheartedly loved and obeyed God. For a lifetime he walked step by step in faith as a living example to his generation.

Noah experienced rejection because he was different from his neighbors. God commanded him to build a huge boat in the middle of dry land, and although God's command seemed foolish Noah obeyed . Noah's obedience made him appear strange to his neighbors.

Noah had a HOLY FEAR. ( REVERANCE and respect OF GOD )

The Judeo-Christian faith made them stand out as different because they would not deny the Christ they believed in, They believed deep in their heart that Christ was sure and certain.They believed in a secure beginning and ending point. The beginning point of faith is believing in God's character---He is who He says He is The end point is believing in God's promises-- He will do what He says. When we believe that God will fulfill His promises even though we don't see those promises materializing yet. We demonstrate true faith. The Judo- Christian had this kind of faith that was why they stood out different, They knew there was something better than life as it was on this earth, even during all the persucation. Their faith and beliving in Christ, they held fast to the truth, and their faith

Faith grows by daily reading the word, praying, spending time in the presence of God, trusting Him to guide you, believing in Christ as your Redeemer and that He died on the cross for you. Believing He loves you know matter what. Faith in when you pass from this life there is a better one with Christ. This is not our home, We are just passing through.

Consequently, faith comes from hearing the message, and the message is heard through the word of Christ. ( NIV. )

The basis of my faith is the Word, telling me Christ died, rose, went to heaven, Now is seated on the right hand of the Father. He shed His blood for me, forgave me of my sins and is coming back for me someday to rule and reign with Him. Faith, Hope, and trust.

Q3. Every religion has its own kind of faith. What is the content of the Judeo-Christian type of faith that sets it apart from any other?

1. Believe that he exists.19 This in itself is not faith, but a precursor to faith. James says, "You believe that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that -- and shudder" (James 2:19). Nevertheless, it is a first step.

2. Believe that he rewards those who seek after him. That is, he will reward or recompense20 people who seek him out.

What is the basis of Noah's faith (11:7)?By faith Noah, when warned about things not yet seen, in holy fear built an ark to save his family. By his faith he condemned the world and became heir of the righteousness that comes by faith." (11:4-7)

What is the basis of our faith? How does faith grow (see Romans 10:17)But how should any call on the Lord Jesus, the Divine Saviour, who had not heard of him? And what is the life of a Christian but a life of prayer? It shows that we feel our dependence on him, and are ready to give up ourselves to him, and have a believing expectation of our all from him. It was necessary that the gospel should be preached to the Gentiles.

The Content of Judeo-Chritian faith is believe. They undoubtedly made them stand out of other by believing in God's word.

We are made rigth with God by placicng our faith in God. In this He empowered us to live the way He taught us. God's solution is avaliable to all of us regardless of our background or past behavior.

Noah was obeying God's word. He had faith in God, he had known Him personally, and he was very sure that what He said will come to pass.

We have to also to Obey God. If He asks us to do something, He will give us the necessary strength to carry out that task.

Faith grows by Listening, believing and Obeying God's word with the helpof the Holy Spirit that dwells in us.

The content of the J./C. faith is a living God. All other "faiths" are generally what can be seen or in the lies of the enemy.

The basis of Noah's faith was his belief in God & his obedience to our living God's directions.

The basis of our faith is what Jesus Christ accomplished on the cross for us & our actions because of this.

Our faith grows as we spend more & more time in the Word & getting to know HIM!

Q3. Every religion has its own kind of faith. What is the content of the Judeo-Christian type of faith that sets it apart from any other? What is the basis of Noah's faith (11:7)? What is the basis of our faith? How does faith grow (see Romans 10:17)

I believe that it is a belief that Christ, The Messiah, has already come and died and rose again to save us from all our sins. That He is the true and living God and in Him we have our bieng and life.

7By faith Noah, being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear, prepared an ark to the saving of his house; by the which he condemned the world, and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith.

Noah believed and acted on the fact that God would and could do what He said He would do, He believed that the voice that spoke to Him was truly from God and that He was the one and only God creator of Heaven and Earth.

The basis of my faith is that Christ is read, and evry word of the Bible is true, that He can and will do what He says that He is going to do, come again and recieve us unto Himself, that where He is there we may be also. I believe that we will be judged for all our sin and that Jesus is our only hope for forgiveness from those sins.

17.So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

Faith grows as we continue to read God's word and pray for strength to do what He calls us to do love our neighbor as ourselves. As we strive to do God's will and continue in the reading and study of His word He give us added belief in Him and an increase in the faith as He see fit and as we ask Him to fill us with His Spirit again our faith grows as we see Him liveing in us.

To the best of my knowledge Judeo-Christian is the only faith that God gives hope, hope to spend eternity in heaven with Him. Others promise a return to earth in a new body or perhaps that of a butterfly, another a chance to go to a place called paradise and have certain fleshly desires provided, etc. I prefer the former.

God's word moved Noah and it is that word which is the basis of our faith. Faith grows by hearing the word of God. Growth comes from studying and applying the word.

The basis of Noah's faith as ours is the Word of God. God spoke to Noah, Noah believed and responded, then God delivered. Noah's fear (Love of God) was the driving force behind his actions. What is the basis of our faith?? Good question that requires daily thought and prayer because daily, it should be the love of God and the love of our neighbor, but even for me I get caught up in self and love of self becomes my driving force. I pray that that is not the case too often and fight not to give in to the prosperity preaching which has all but destroyed God's word today.

The two diferences between God's word to Noah and God's word to us is the messenger and the message. God's word to Noah was save yourself, God's word to us is save others. If we believe and obey we already have a place in heaven and our concern should be for others. God had already given up on everybody save Noah, but not so the case today. It is our duty through our actions to be a guiding light to the saving grace of the LORD. Faith comes from hearing but it is watered and nutured through actions.. In faith you cultivate and plant a garden but the harvest comes only after watering and daily care.

Darrell

1) It is my understanding that the Judeo-Christian had a strong belief in God. They put all of their confidence in Christ that he would do what he said they would do.

2) Noah's faith was built on fear for him and his family, but it was a reverent fear and he had such confidence that he obeyed him.

3) Our basis of faith is what we think of God and our belief in his promises to reward us.

4) Our faith grows by hearing, reading and studying the Word of God. Without our faith in God we would be lost.

We have an inner assurance and evidence of truth for the things we cannot see -- a gift from God that we know the absolute spiritual raelities of His kingdom -- "7 By faith Noah, when warned about things not yet seen, in holy fear built an ark to save his family". He truly believed the warning of God and protected his family, and "condemned the world, and became heir of the righteousness that comes by faith". The more we learn about God an the Bible, the stronger our faith grows -- In all honesty we base our faith on fear as Noah did. (We should so fear and love God...) We believe we will be condemned if we turn away from God. However the more we learn the more we base our faith on our love for God as well.

Q3. Every religion has its own kind of faith. What is the content of the Judeo-Christian type of faith that sets it apart from any other? What is the basis of Noah's faith (11:7)? What is the basis of our faith? How does faith grow (see Romans 10:17)?

I believe God put faith in all of us. Some people put their faith in their intellect, some in the theory of evolution, some in buddha etc, but I put my faith in the Lord Jesus Christ because the evidence points me to Him as the author and finisher of all things including faith (and not only the evidences these days, but my spirit witnesses with His Spirit, praise HIs glorious Name). We have faith, and we have to put is somewhere.

The content of the Judeo Christian faith is the Truth from eternity to eternity, from the beginnings to the end. We have evidence of the Truth, Who in fact walked the earth with us, and is with us to this day, Who loves us and never leaves us alone.

The basis of Noah's faith was a relationship with God which included fear and obedience. He must have sought God and found Him, and thereafter both feared and trusted Him.

The basis of our faith is the fact of Jesus Christ who walked, died and rose again on this earth in order to represent us to His Father, Jehovah, if we will accept His redemption as Noah did.

Faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the Word of God. Everything was done in the beginning through the Word, and faith comes also through the Word. We are made in the image of God andour words are the single most potent part of our lives - for good or evil. Through study and application of the Word of God we grow spiritually and communally. Speaking His Word puts divine power in our lives. Hallelujah! Thank you Father!

Believing that Jesus died and arose 3 days later. That He LIVES today. He created the universe.

Noah feared that he'd loose his family if he didn't obey God's command to build the Ark. In faith he obeyed God and was rewarded .

Our faith is built on the trusted Word of God and on His very word for our salvation.

By socializing with Christians and hearing the Word, being doers of the Word.

Hearing , believing and speaking God's Word.

Q3. Every religion has its own kind of faith. What is the content of the Judeo-Christian type of faith that sets it apart from any other? What is the basis of Noah's faith (11:7)? What is the basis of our faith? How does faith grow (see Romans 10:17)?

What is the content of the Judeo-Christian type of faith that sets it apart from any other?

* That we believe in the Lord Jesus Christ as our Savior and that only through Him

will we be saved. We must confess with our mouth and believe in our hearts and

to do this it takes faith.

* The differences in the Jewish faith is they are looking for a Savior, WE have found

Him.

* He heard from God (Gen 9: 12) and saw all that God was seeing (verse 13) and it

created a holy fear in him and because of this God was able to see his faith and use

it to keep mankind going while He cleaned up the sin in the world. It was Noah's faith

that help bring Abraham along and once again God saw that I believe God kind of faith

in a good man.

* The cross, the death and the resurrection and that we to as Abraham did, we believed God

and that He has sent His Son the Lord Jesus Christ and that soon He is returning to redeem

the Jews and all creation, along with all who confess Him as King of Kings and Lord of Lords.

How does faith grow (see Romans 10:17)?

* 17 So faith comes by hearing [what is told], and what is heard comes by the preaching [of the message that came from the lips] of Christ (the Messiah Himself).

Judeo-Christian faith is based on the fact that Christ was given as a perfect sacrifice for our sins. And He rose again 3 days later defeating death and satan.

Basis of Noah's faith was a holy fear.

Basis of my faith = cross, death and resurrection of my Lord Jesus Christ, confessing Him as my Saviour and depending on His Holy Word.

Faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the Word of God. Everything was done in the beginning through the Word, and faith comes also through the Word.

The content of Judeo-Christian type of faith is based on a personal relationship with Jesus Christ, the only unique Son of the Living God, which sets it apart from any other religion. Additionally, our faith is based on a relationship with a God who values the individual and has a purpose for each of us. A purpose that can be lived out in cooperation with the Living God, Creator of this universe if we seek Him out.

Noah acted on God's words, in faith, with the expectation that God would carry out what He said He was going to do. Noah trusted that God meant what He said, whether he could totally wrap his mind around it or not. This is the basis of my faith.

Faith grows from the Word brought to us from Jesus Christ.

That we serve a living God. That Jesus was born, lived, was crucified, dead, buried and rose again. He lives today.

Noah

The content of the Judeo-Christian type of faith that sets it apart from any other is that we worship a living God who created the entire universe, plus we also worship a living Savior who died for the sins of mankind. Most of today's religions worship a god or deity that either was created by human hands or else have long been dead and buried. Also many other religions are polytheistic, having more than one god.

The basis of Noah's faith is that God told him about the coming flood, he believed God and built the ark to save his family from death and destruction.

The basis of our faith is Jesus' crucifixion, resurrection, and second coming.

Our faith grows by spending time reading the bible, spending time in prayer, fellowshiping with other believers, and sharing the gospel with those that don't know Jesus.

• 2 weeks later...

Faith of the Judeo-Christian is the response of obedience to God that qualifies a people of "Faith."

Noah never saw rain come from heaven, but he did believe what God said, and because of his faith, he was "obedient" to God and built an ark. Because of his obedience, he was an instrument for mankind to be saved. Noah lived in a time of great disobedience to God, the people did not fear God, nor did they seek Him!

It is in Noah's unswerving confidence in God that we see what "faith" is. Noah's faith was seen in his steadfast obedience; For 120 years Noah stayed strong in his faith, even during the times of ridicule from ungodly people, people who put a death ear to what Noah preached, they did not believe rain would come, they did not fear God and His judgment that it was coming.

The basis of our "faith" is trusting in God and trusting He is who He says He is, it is trusting in God's Word, that the Word is truth, and because it is truth, we show our faith in our obedience to what the Word says. God's Word gives us a better understanding of who God is and what pleases Him. Hearing the Word gave me faith to believe and brought me a new life in the Lord Jesus Christ.

Faith comes by hearing. Hearing means to understand, to take to heart, give audience to. Faith comes when we give audience to, we "hear" what God's word is saying. God's Word is sharper than a two edged sword, it cuts to the heart of man, telling us the important things God wants us to know, so we can live lives that please Him.

The content of the Judeo-Christen faith is Jesus shed his blood and died for our sins. There is no way anyone person can have a relationship with God or go to heaven without accepting what Jesus has done for them.

Noah

• 3 months later...

I believe that the Judeo-Christian still believe in the 10 commandments and that they are heirs to the Old Testament. This is what sets them apart from any other. Noah, by faith when the Spirit warned him on things that was not yet seen, in holy fear built an Ark (acting out his faith) to save himself and family. The basis of of our faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see. Our faith wiol grow when it comes from hearing the message, and the message is heard through the word of Christ.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

The Judeo-Christian faith differs from other religions because of their man made beliefths of Gods that have no power to heal and deliver and if you call upon any others you will not be responded to. However when any one who calls upon the name of the Lord God Almighty, God will answer and deliver that person sinner or non sinner.

Noah faith was based on obedience's and out of the fear of God.

My faith is based on the great love that he has for me. St JOHN 3:16 says, That God so loved the World that He gave his only begotten son and whosoever beliefth in him shall not perish but will have everlasting life.

Faith grows by trusting and even though I can't trace him I trust him. Faith grows by my walk and experiences that I have with God.

• 1 month later...

The Judeo-Christian faith is the only faith that relies on dependence upon God. All others depend upon the flesh/works in order to please God.

I heard a story once that said: A man fell into an abondoned pit and was unable to climb up the slippery sides to get out. A Hindu stopped by and told him to give offerings to the many hundreds of Hindu gods, but he had nothing to offer. A Buddhist stopped and told him to think and meditate until nirvana is reached through the 8 fold path of right belief, right resolve, right word, right act, right life, right effort, right thinking, right meditation. But he found himself unable to climb out. A Mormon stopped and said "seek to become a god of your own planet through the temple endowments of temple marriage and multiple wives to help populate your planet and you'll have a better life there". But this was no help to him. A Muslim looked down on him and said "Seek Allah and his prophet Mohammed, learn the Koran so your good and bad will be weighed in the "scales of balance" in the afterlife. But this did not help him. On and on it went. Jesus hearing his cries for help stopped by, saw the man helpless and hopelessly lost and came down into the pit and lifted him out, cleaned him up and they walked away together in relationship. This is the only Way to eternal life...through Jesus coming down into our pit and saving us.

Noah believed God's Word to him and acted upon what God told him to do.

Belief in God and believing His Word. For us, it's the further revelation of Who God is, as the Mystery was revealed in His Son Jesus Christ and His finished work on Calvary.

By hearing the Word of God preached, hearing oneself reading the Word of God. (renewing the mind to think as God thinks)