JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q3. The Vision of Faith

• 1 month later...

Q3. (Hebrews 11:23-28) How did Moses' faith affect his willingness to suffer?

Moses' willingly suffered because he respected the power of God to bring judgement on the unjust.

What kind of vision did faith create for Moses? What kind of vision does faith create for us?

Moses knew that if he continued in faith, trusting God implicitly, then God would be faithful in his recompence of the reward. Ours should be no different.

• 1 month later...
Q3. (Hebrews 11:23-28) How did Moses' faith affect his willingness to suffer? What kind of vision did faith create for Moses? What kind of vision does faith create for us?

Moses chose to be mistreated rather than enjoy the pleasures of sin for a shorter time, He saw Christ as of a greater value than all the worldly treasures of Egypt, Because he was looking ahead to a greater reward. He persevered because he saw Him who is invisible.

It took faith for Moses to give up his place in the palace, but he could do it because he saw the fleeting nature of wealth and prestige which is not lasting. Moses saw the eternal rewards far out weighed the temporary.

This vision of the Invisible God created a faith in Him where He knew with courage and boldness he could and would lead his people out of their misery. He believed and trusted God.

The vision God has given me in my walk with Him is Submit in obedience to Him in all my ways. When Sometimes I fail, as long as I come before God in honest heart felt repentence, He will forgive me. Each time I do this and listen to His voice my faith increases and grows and I can patiently wait for His soon coming return. This kind of faith over the years has built a more trusting relationship with my God.

It is easy to be deceived by the temporary benefits of wealth, popularity, status, and achievement, and to be blind to the long-range benefits of God's kingdom. Faith helps us look beyond the worlds value system to see the eternal values of God's kingdom.

Q3. (Hebrews 11:23-28) How did Moses' faith affect his willingness to suffer? What kind of vision did faith create for Moses? What kind of vision does faith create for us?

Moses was who Moses was! In spite of his privileged Egyptian youth, somehow (perhaps because his mother was his wet nurse and taught him though he was too young to remember) he was aware that he was not Egyptian but Hebrew, and that these slaves were his people. Possibly they, the slaves, had let him know that they knew it, as his mother was one of them and he had a brother and sister who would have known who he was. Whatever it was, the Truth got to him, and he identified with his people, wanting to protect them or bring justice, and in that way got himself in trouble with Egypt.

I think Moses got a vision of truth and justice. Possibly he felt insecure in Egypt anyway as an Israelite (it would possibly have been fairly obvious to the Egyptians that he was not of their DNA) Maybe he had 'adopted child syndrome', and wanted to know his roots! When truth and justice gets to you it grabs you really strongly!

Truth is a very strong drawcard for me as is justice. From even a young child I fought justice battles within the family and community. Living in the truth is very important for me. It excites me and I consider it a great privilege that I partly know the truth which sets us free!. The other side of the coin is love.

Moses' faith caused him endangerment when he revealed who he really was. He could have chosen to stay with the pharoah & live a life of plenty & more, but desired to please & obey God.

Moses saw the unfairness happening to the Jews & wanted to release them/save them. 40 years later God gave him more than that vision--to be an actual part of the release of the Jews!

God gives us visions of what we can accomplish for Him--or making it our true desire--which He put there! My faith vision needs to grow!!

Q3. (Hebrews 11:23-28) How did Moses' faith affect his willingness to suffer? What kind of vision did faith create for Moses? What kind of vision does faith create for us?[/u]

Moses believed so strongly that he could see past the present suffering because he knew of future rewards. This created a vision for Moses of the joy of a future that was so wonderful that present suffering was insignificant in comparison.

This same kind of faith creates for us a vision of joy in a country with God which will be our eternal home.

Because Moses could see past this world's pleasures he was able to suffer in his flesh, knowing that Adonai had a better hope for him. This faith is a vision of things not seen, as all we as Christians are expected to possess.

This and other great testimonies in the bible are our assurance that what God says most certainly will come to pass. Our vision should become clearer as our faith increases, that of a heavenly home with God the Father and our Blessed Savior, Jesus Christ.

1) MOSES WAS WILLING TO SUFFER BECAUSE HE WAS OBEDIENT TO GOD AND HAD SUCH FAITH THAT HE WAS WILLING TO SUFFER WITH HIS TRUE COUNTRYMEN IF HE HAD TO.

2) MOSES COULD SEE ALL THE SIN AROUND HIM AND THAT IT WAS GOING TO LEAD TO DESTRUCTION AND HE DIDN'T WANT ANY PART OF IT, BECAUSE HE WAS LOOKING TOARD HIS HEAVENLY REWARD FOR LIVING RIGHT. HE ACCEPTED THE FACT THAT THEY WERE TRANSIENTS IN THE WORLD. THE SAME VISIONS OF DESTRUCTION ARE GOING ON TODAY. iF WE OBEY GOD'S COMMANDMENTS, WE CAN LOOK FORWARD TO OUR REWARD.

Moses chose to be mistreated rather than to enjoy the pleasures of sin for a short while. He He knew it was disgraceful to the sake of Christ and he wanted no part of it. He valued the love of Christ more than the treasures of Egypt because of the later reward. Moses' faith kept him looking for the greater reward.

We can look forward to all of God's promises.

It gave him the desire to live as a Hebrew instead of an Egyptian and to have a belief centered around God and His plan for him instead of living a life it the house of Pharaoh.

It created a faith that led him to go into the desert and seek after what would cause a bush to burn yet not burn up. It gave him a faith that caused him to remove his shoes when Jesus told him he was standing on Holy ground. and a faith that led him to listen to God and lead his people from Egypt to the promise land not know where he was going.

It give us a longing for the place where we will never grow old as the song relates a place that is not made with human hands but by the Lord our God as He said He would do. A vision of the Lord and our being allowed to see and worship Him in His presence instead of by faith. A vision of hope for those around us who still live in the world knowing that at just the right time Christ can enter their hearts and they to will know what we already know that Christ is a live and Our Lord does reign forever.

Moses' faith was so strong that he willingly gave up the treasures of Egypt as part of Pharaoh's family, to stay aligned with his own people -- people of God, and would rather suffer persecution with them for God's sake, than choose the easy luxury and safety of Pharoah's palace. Moses' faith had him looking ahead to the image of his final reward in heaven. For us to-day, we are all in the path of temptation periodically, and I believe we choose not to yield to it, as our love for God provides us as well, with the future image of our Eternal Life with our Lord and Saviour.

Moses' faith affected his willingness to suffer because he chose to live amongst his people. He chose to be like his people and to worship God. To be mistreated like his people giving up all the pleasure of Pharoah's house. He chose to give up all the pleasures for a greater pleasure with Chirst and by faith he left Egypt and his faith created the vision and the promises of the Invisible God which sustained him and continued to enhance his belief in the one on only true God.

It took faith for Moses to give up his place in the Palace, but he could do it because he saw the fleeting nature of great wealth and prestige.

Moses saw the long-range benefit of God's Kingdom. He was not blinded and deceived by the temporary benefits of wealth, popularity, status, and achievement of this world.

Faith helps us look beyond the world's value system to see the eternal values of God's Kingdom.

Throughout history there has been glorious moments in several people's lives maybe in all lives. Abraham Lincoln said, "It is difficult to make a man miserable while he feels worthy of himself and claims kindred to the great God who made him." The difference between a moment of glory and a lifetime of service to God is the faith we place in God verses the worthiness of self. Moses' service to God began when he felt his lowest, and was sustained by his faith in God.

Moses' willingness to suffer was was something he didn't even realize he was doing, I know when I am doing something which is motivated by pleasing God and face struggles I don't realize I am struggling. But when the same things are motivated by self the struggles seem endless.

Jesus gave us the vision, and that vision is sustained by faith, a glorious life in heaven.

Darrell

As these verses imply Moses could have taken the good life but chose to be counted with the people of God and suffered the same affliction with them.

Knowing the greater reward in Christ was enough to drive his vision and obedience.

For me knowing who I am in Christ and the strength He gives me to be transformed into Christlikeness and not to conform to what the world offers.

How did Moses' faith affect his willingness to suffer?

* 24By faith Moses, when he had grown up, refused to be known as the son of Pharaoh's daughter. 25He chose to be mistreated along with the people of God rather than to enjoy the pleasures of sin for a short time. 26He regarded disgrace for the sake of Christ as of greater value than the treasures of Egypt, because he was looking ahead to his reward.

What kind of vision did faith create for Moses?

* That God had called him out to deliver his people from salvery and bondage. That there

was a promise land awaiting in them.

What kind of vision does faith create for us?

* The same for Moses, that we too are to deliver people out of their bondages that they

have been enslaved in and lead them to the promise that God has for them and help

them envision a new place, a promiseland God has for them. Tell them they are

a generation of people that led others to the land that God has given them.

Moses persevered because he saw the invisible God. He had such a strong faith due to his relationship with God that he knew the suffering was temporary and trusted that God was in control. Moses could see the spiritual realities between the events in the material world. God is developing this kind of faith within me even as I am answering this question.

Because of his obedience to God he was willing to suffer for his faith and beliefs. He chose to suffer persecution with his people rather than live the life of luxury that was offered to him.

The vision that he would deliver his people from bondage.

That we are to be like Moses and help deliver people from their bondage of unbelief. We are to be witnesses and help spread the Good Word. :rolleyes:

Q3. (Hebrews 11:23-28) How did Moses' faith affect his willingness to suffer? I think Moses had a faith in the promise that God had given him. The first promise God have given Moses was

Moses' faith affected his willingness to suffer because eventho he was raised by Pharoah's daughter, he preferred to identify with his fellow Hebrew slaves.

The kind of vision that faith created for Moses was that he willingly turned his back on the riches of Pharoah and treasures of Egypt in order to identify and suffer with the Hebrew people.

The kind of vision faith creates for us is that, like Moses, we are to release others from the bondage of sin by introducing them to Christ.

• 2 weeks later...

By his faith, Moses was willing to suffer in order to help his people. He put them before his own comfort and pleasure. His vision of faith was freedom from bondage for the people of God. My vision of faith is freedom from the bonds of the world and a life of eternity with our Lord.

Moses's faith began with the God of Abraham and the miracle of the family of promise, a family of 12 sons and one daughter, who under God's blessings multiplied and grew abundantly and became mighty; Egypt was being filled with them, bringing "fear" to the new king that did not know the history of Joseph and what God did for the Jewish people of promise.

The people were being afflicted with great burdens and when the king of Egypt told the Hebrew midwives to kill the boy babies at birth, they did not because they "feared God" meaning, they worshipped God and was obedient to God over the law of the land. Therefore God dealt well with them and the people multiplied and grew mighty.

We, the church must "fear God"- be obedient to Him.

This brings us to the "faith" of Moses's parents who are of the house of Levi. Moses mother refused to listen to the king and hid Moses for three months, until she could hide him no longer. She continued in steadfast faith in her God and she persevered, doing whatever she could to save her child. She made an ark and placed Moses in the ark she pitched with asphalt, and I am sure as she put him in the ark, it was not with a hope that the world has, but with the "hope" in the God of Abraham, she put her trust in the God she served.

As we know, Pharoah's daughter took Moses to raise him as hers, calling on a Hebrew women to nurse him. It is during this time that his mother (God did another miracle) for she was chosen to nurse Moses; She must have spoken to him about the Almighty God they, the Hebrew people served, and she must have spoken to him about their bondage and affliction they were under from the king of Egypt. She spoke of her "faith" in God, and how God spared Moses life, building Moses "faith" in their God, the God of Hebrew people. When Moses was grown, he "feared" God and would rather serve Him over the passing pleasure of the sin seen in Egypt.

When God identified Himself as the God of Moses father, the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, assured, and increased his "faith" that the covenant with the fathers of Israel was still in effect. God was aware of the troubles of His people, and He would act on their behalf.

Our "faith" in the Lord Jesus Christ has brought us under the blessings of the covenant of Abraham, the God of Israel who is sitting on the throne, He is there to act on our behalf, for we know as Psalm 103:17-18 tells us - "the mercy of the Lord is from everlasting to everlasting on those who "fear" Him, and His righeousness to children's children. To such as keep His covenant, and to those who remember His commandments to do them." Persevere in "faith" for Christ Jesus has opened the gate for us to go through, He has given us power to walk the walk.

• 3 months later...

Moses chose to follow God's leading rather than to enjoy the pleasures of sin for a short time. Moses kept his faith in God because he was looking ahead to his reward from God. The kind of vision that faith creates for us is a reward in heaven where our treasure are.