JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q3. Psalm 63

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Q3. (Psalm 63) Why is recognition that God loves you the basis of all faith? What does this realization bring about in your life?

Without that recogniton that God loves me I would have no reason to have faith in anything. Knowing how He sent His Son to die for me even when I was deep in sin, because of that great love. gives me a faith to trust God in all things regarding my life no matter how difficult it may be. The realization of knowing the reality of God increases my faith. The way God answers my prayers in personal ways helps me to know He takes me by the hand and will never let me go. That is my assurance that He loves me more than any human ever could.

Hiding from his enemies in the barren Desert of Judah, David was intensely lonely . He longed for a friend he could trust to ease his loneliness. No wonder he cried out, "O God...... my soul thrists for you .....in a dry and weary land ." If you are lonely or thirsty for something lasting in your life , remember David's prayer. God alone can satisfy our deepest longings. He is greater than any earthly friend.

Q3. (Psalm 63) Why is recognition that God loves you the basis of all faith? What does this realization bring about in your life?

"Happy are those whom you choose and bring near to live in your courts. We shall be satisfied with the goodness of your house, your holy temple." (Psalm 65:4)"

God chooses whom will enter His house. Belief and love on our part will not open that door scripture tells us. Only by humbly

asking, pleading, getting like the Ninivites did when Jonah related God's judgement on them, do we stand a beggar's chance.

Q3. (Psalm 63) Why is recognition that God loves you the basis of all faith? What does this realization bring about in your life? because GOD LOVES ME ..HE WILL DO ANYTHING FOR ME ..AS LONG AS I FOLLOW HIS WAYS TO BE CHRIST LIKE ..AND LIVE HIS WAYS.. GOD LOVES ME AND WILL GRANT ME FAVOR IF IT IS IN HIS WILL. THIS RELIZATION TO ME IS HUGE BECAUSE GOD IS FOR ME ..WHO CAN BE AGAINST ME.

(Psalm 63) Why is recognition that God loves you the basis of all faith? Without knowing and recognizing God's love, you cannot have faith in him. Faith is established through trust and trust is established by consistency. We know from God that he is both our disciplinarian and our reward - because is consistently wise in his responses to our needs. With great trust and faith we know His love is everlasting as His love for us does not wax and wane - it is ever present and unconditional.

What does this realization bring about in your life? I am working with God right now to recognize his love for me and to accept it as all I need. I've been single for over 26 years and was only married for five years separated for three of them. God has been the only constant in my life as my protector and provider. I'm just now finding love. I've known it with my head, but I have never placed it in my heart.

The recognition that God loves you is the basis of faith because it means that you've surrendered any doubts that the reverse may be true. In human families, parents can fall short of the ideal, that of unconditional love of their child/ren. This can cause some who've had bad childhood experiences balk at viewing God as their 'Father'...their image of a father has been adversely affected by their childhood experiences. It is a battle for these people to accept that God is unlike any father they've ever known; that His love is indeed unconditional; that He loves you inspite and sometimes despite what you do. It is not an achievement based love, not does it matter whether you are male or female. God loves us just for being...for wanting to have a relationship with Him. A relationship with God requires time and effort on our part, but His door is never closed to us; He is waiting patiently for us to come to Him both in time of need and for just being with Him.

Many make the mistake that God is somewhat of a 'Santa Claus' that everything we ask of Him will be immediately provided, sometimes God refuses because He knows that what we 'want' is not what we really 'need'. Other times our requests are not for Him to act on but for us. Do we sit doing nothing because we expect God to overcome any obstacles first, or do we begin and step out in faith, knowing that when our path is in agreement with God's then it will be made possible...obstacles may be confronted but we are given ways to overcome them, but we must make the effort to do so. God does not 'buy' our affections, nor can we bribe Him...as so many have learnt to do with their earthly parents. It is when we truly understand this, and surrender our lives totally to God willingly; instead of stubbornly holding onto doing things 'ourselves', that our lives become easier and we live more in tune with God's melody of life.

Recognition that God loves you is the basis of all faith. Assurance of God's love is life changing. When you have this assurance all the other things that He said and the promises made to you you will accept and rest in him. It gives you the basis for eternal hope that comes with faith in God.

God is love and He has visibly shown that love to us through His Son on Calvary. Christ's willingness to do this inspires within me a sense of faith and trust in Him. He cared enough to die for me that I might live, therefore I can put my faith and trust in Him in all situations.

The realization of His love helps me to be able to love Him with all my heart, soul, mind and strength and to love my neighbor as myself. It is no longer I who live but Christ who live in me and the life that I now live I live by faith in the Son of God who gave himself for me.

1) First of all, we will need to have understood that God loves us. We need to have a strong faith that he really really loves us as we have seen that from John 3:16. He has sent His only begotten son to die on the cross to have our sin washed away. Thus, we need to recognize that God loves us. Once we recognize that, we will have a stronger faith in believe His word and we will continue to seek him to help us guide our path of life.

2) Knowing that God loves us, it helps me to continue to follow his way. Because he love us, I will need to use the same passion to love others. I would love to use my talent to share the gospel to others. For God has sent his son to die for our sins, we should be followers of Christs as he has forgiven our sins and have our eternal life.

Q3. (Psalm 63)

[/color]

Why is recognition that God loves you the basis of all faith?

God's loving-kindness is our spiritual life, and that is better than temporal life. We must praise God with joyful lips; we must address ourselves to the duties of religion with cheerfulness, and speak forth the praises of God from a principle of holy joy. Praising lips must be joyful lips. David was in continual danger; care and fear held his eyes waking, and gave him wearisome nights; but he comforted himself with thoughts of God. The mercies of God, when called to mind in the night watches, support the soul, making darkness cheerful.

What does this realization bring about in your life?

Nothing on this Earth could bring me more joy and contentment than know that God love me unconditionally. This knowledge makes material things pale in my eyes and leads me to want to spend my time serving Him in all I do. The peace that I feel even in times of trial is only possible because I know God loves me.

Because it allows for you to have faith,for without faith it is impossible to please Him. We must have faith in order to do our part in our own salvatiion. It is a small part considering what Jesus did for eachof us dieing for our sin once and for all, leaving nothing for us to do but believe that He is who He said and that He did it out of unselfish love for us.

It bring about a thanksgiving to God to do His will, to be the best I can be at bring others to see that He loves them and died for them as well as me. Jesus is our Lord and must be given that praise due Him for without His shed blood all hopewould be lost and with out hope we have no faith and again can not please Him.

In John 3:16, we read "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son....." This is the basis of our faith. Its not because I love God that HE loves me... but while we were yet sinners Chrsit died for us.. that clealry shows that God does truly loves us... Praise God!! And because HE chose us (because of His love for us), we have the privilage of being called the children of God. 1 John 3:1 says, "Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God... "

In our family, what binds us togther is that we are united in love. The moment we feel that our family does not love us, we feel insecure living with them and we dont want to stay there any more.. we move to where we can find real love... because nobody can live without being loved by atleast one person. And in that moment of despair and loneliness of not being loved, we can hear and feel the love of God when He says, "I will never leave you nor forsake you". SO the love of God is not just the basis of our faith alone, but of our whole life. We belong to God and this realization will come only to a person who has trusted in God and given God the control of His life. When you have kept your faith in God and have let him lead the way, you start realizing how blessed you are to be called the child of God and become welcome to His family. :D

God is love. To understand the depth of His love you need to believe in Him for who He is, the Almighty, the Creator of heaven and earth and all that is contained therein. With that faith we come to know Him, that as His created sons and daughters we are His own. We have been bought with a price, that of the earthly life of His only begotten Son, who, while we were yet in sin, died for us. That is love. That is the basis of my faith.

This realization has brought me to where I am today. Solely and wholly His.

It is because no matter where we are God

God is Love. I know that He loves me, because He give His Son to die for me. That is love. I have faith in God. Man will leave me but God will always be there to the end of time. There is no one that will love me like God. Glory to God.

1) Why is recognition that God loves you the basis of all faith?

* We have to look at the word recognition;" the action of recognizing : the state of being recognized: as a : ACKNOWLEDGMENT ; especially : formal acknowledgment of the political existence of a government or nation b : knowledge or feeling that someone or something present has been encountered before 2 : special notice or attention"

I like the way it says "the state of being recognized". This says to me that when I was born again and Jesus came to live in my heart that the condition I was once in has changed and that I am in Him and He is in me and that my Heavenly Father recognizes me and that I am living in the kingdom life of heaven. He acknowledges me, His mind is always upon me and I am encountering special attention from Him. So, with this understanding and knowledge I know that He loves me! With this love I can trust Him, lean on Him, walk with Him and wage and win wars along side Him. I know that the Holy Spirit is here to comfort me, teach me and help me accomplish what ever I need to accomplish even if its winning over my own human parts of myself.

This is how I have learned to build my faith and that God is love and is the foundation of which is basis of faith for me.

2) What does this realization bring about in your life?

* The act of realizing that I must first go to Him and His word, because He has the answer, the wisdom, knowledge I need to solve what ever I have need of.

* I have to stay my mind upon Him as quick as I can in order to get " heavenly minded" and to see and know His love, His thoughts and His ways for me.

* I must realize that His eyes are always upon me and that I never leave His heart nor His presences. That I am forever recognized by Him and I must learned to understand that He is good and that nothing but good comes from Him. That He never takes away to make me suffer or lack, that I have an enemy to deal with while on earth and that I must separate this out before coming to Him in prayer. If I do not learn to do this as David had to learn, then I am apt to accuse and get offended at the one who will always love me and never forsake me!

Faith is the substance of things hoped for and the evidence of things unseen. Heb 11:1 I was lost in sin. On June 12, 1972, by God's grace He brought me to AA and for the last 35 years I have been a free man. Thank you Lord. :rolleyes:

. (Psalm 63) Why is recognition that God loves you the basis of all faith? What does this realization bring about in your life? :angry:

Q3.... A. I will have to say this question baffles me a bit.... or more than that. I understand that one must be active in seeking out

a relationship. I can see where a passive person who is not willing to put effort into a friendship, relationship will find no real

connection with a friend or God. So that this loveing friendship with God needs to be actively sought. So in order to put effort

into seeking God you would have to be convinced in his love and wanting to love you and His wanting to be loved by you

And that is like Faith. You have to know something is real to believe in it and form a relationship with God or another.

Knowing someone loves you gives you hope and an eagerness or longing to believe have faith. in whatever.... God, a

marriage relationship or friendship. If you are not convinced that there is love for you then the faith does not develop.

No reason is seen for the faith.

Q3.....B. I guess that if you believe in Gods love for you ; you will feel and know there is something to be actively persuing

and putting effort into. If you don't believe in His love for you there would be no reason for the persuing or effort.

So this knowing should make your life active and persuing God in any way you can.

God loves us is the basis of all faith because His love never ceases and He is always with us to fullness and wholeness of our being. With His love we can trust Him, lean on Him & walk with Him side by side. The Spirit of God is always with us to guide, protect and show us His way when we abide according to His word.

We belong to God when we have trusted in Him and allow Him to take full control in us. When we keep our faith in God and have let him lead the way, we start rto realize how blessed we are to be called the child of God and be a member of God`s family.

Nothing on this Earth could bring us more joy and contentment than knowing God love us so much that He send His only Begotten Son, Jesus Christ to die for our sin. His love endures forever.

We must realize that His eyes are always upon us and we must have His heart and His presences always in our everyday living for Him. Hallelujah!

:P

God's love is the foundation of my faith. It is my blessed assurance knowing He loves me. When no one else seems to we have that assurance in Him. His love is everlasting ( Jer.31:3). PRAISE HIM , PRAISE HIM, PRAISE HIM!

The realization that God loves me gives me the strength, courage, will to stay the course.

God Bless!

Jen

Numbers 6:24-26