JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q2. Psalm 91

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Q2. (Psalm 91) What does this psalm teach us about God's protection when in danger? What does it teach about our authority to vanquish our enemies? What promises does Psalm 91 contain? How does this psalm make you feel?

The charge given to the angels concerning the saints. He who is Lord of the angels, who gave them their being and gives laws to them, whose they are and whom they were made to serve He shall give His Angels a charge over thee, not only over the church in general, but over every believer.

The Angels keep the charge of the Lord their God;and this is the charge they receive from Him. The great care God takes care of the saints, in that the angels themselves shall be charged with them. The charge is to keep us in all our ways, " As long as we keep in the way of His duty, even when there is no apparent danger yet we need it. and where there is most apparent danger.

Where ever the saints go the angels are charged with them, as the servants are with the children The care which the angels take of the saints, ability and their great affection. They are able to bear up the saints out of reach of danger,and they do it with all the tenderness and affection wherewith the nurse carries the little child about in her arms: They keep the feet of the saints, lest they dash them against a stone,lest they stumble and fall into sin and into trouble. That the powers of darkness shall be triumphed over by them ( 91: 13 ) Thou shalt tread upon the lion and adder. The devil with long life; he still cries, GIVE, GIVE.

He that has his treasure and heart in another world has soon enough of this. He would not live always

( 6 ) That they have eternal life in the other world. This crowns the blessedness: I will show him my salvation, show him the Messiah. It is more probably that the word refers to the better country, That is the heavenly, which the patriarchs desired and sought. He will show him that, bring him to that place. Of which consists so much of seeing that face to face which we see through a glass darkly: and, in the mean time, He will give him a prospect of it. All these promises, some think, point at Christ, and had their accomplishment in His resurrection and exaltation.

( Isa. 26:3 ) To encourage us to make the Lord our habitation, and to hope for safety and satisfaction in him, the psalmist intimates the comfort he had in doing so: " He whom thou makest thy habitation is my refuge; and I have found him firm and faithful , and in him room enough and shelter enough, both for you and me.. " In my Father's house there are many manisons, one needs not crowd another, much less crowd out another. The promises that are sure to all those who have thus made The Most High their Habitation. That, what ever happens to them, nothing shall hurt them ( Psalm 91: 10 ): There shall no evil befall thee; For it shall come from the Love of God and shall be sanctified: It shall come not for hurt but for good..

All through this psalm there are instructions on serving and following God. In doing so whether it be bad or good it is to teach us how to grow and mature if we follow His instructions. He will always be close by and He sends His Guardian Angels to look over us. This Psalm explains the good in taking the right path. When sinking He is there to save us from the miry clay and put us on higher ground Praise God.

Q2. (Psalm 91) What does this psalm teach us about God's protection when in danger? What does it teach about our authority to vanquish our enemies? What promises does Psalm 91 contain? How does this psalm make you feel?

All those who live a life of communion with God are constantly safe under His protection, and may therefore preserve a Holy sernity and security of mind at all times ( Psalm 91:1 ) He that dwells,that sits down, in the secret place of the most high, shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty; he that by faith chooses God for his guardian shall find all that in Him which he needs or can desire. It is the character of a true believer that He dwells in the secert place of the Most High; He is at home in God, returns to God, and reposes in Him as his rest; He acquaints himself with inward religion, and makes heart-work of the service of God, worship within the veil, and loves to be alone with God, to converse with Him in solitude. (2 ) It is a privilege and comfort of those that do so that they abide under the shadow of the Almighty; He shelters them, and comes between them and every thing that would annoy them, whether it be storm or sunshine. They shall not only have an admittance, but residence, under God's protection; He will be their rest and refuge forever.

That believers shall be kept from mischiefs which they are in danger of, and which would be fatal to them ( psalm 91: 3 ), from the snare of the fowler, which is laid unseen and catches the unwary prey on a sudden, and from the noisome pestilence, which seizes men unawares and against which there is no guard. This promise protects,( 1 ) The natural life. and is often fulfilled in our preservation from those dangers which are threarening and so ver near.

(2 ) The spiritual life, which is protected by devine grace from the temptations of Satan, which are the snares of the fowler, and from the contagion of sin, which is the noisome pestilence. He that has given grace to be the Glory of the soul will create a defence upon all that Glory.

That God Himself will be our protector; those must need be safe who have Him for their keeper, and successful for whom he undertakes ( Psalm 91: 4 ).

He shall cover thee,, shall keep thee secret( Psalm 31: 20 ), and so keep thee safe, ( Psalm 27: 5 ) God protects believers, He shall cover thee with His feathers, under His wings,

That He will not only keep them from evil, but from the fear of evil ( Psalm 91:5-6 ) Here is, great danger supposed; the mention of it is enough to frighten us; night and day we lie exposed, and those that are afraid will not think themselves safe, When we go to bed at night as the dark surrounds us the terror is there, from thieves and robbers, winds and storms, our minds begin to play tricks on us.

Only with their eyes shall thou behold and see the just reward of the wicked, ( luk 13:28 ), so it will magnify the salvation of the saints that with their eyes they shall behold and see the destruction of the wicked. ( Isa. 66:24; Psalm 58: 10)

1) First of all, we must never forget Who is with us: God in all his might and power! As it is written in verse 1 that he who dwells in the shelter of the Most high will rest in the shadow of the almighty. I will say of the Lord, "He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom i trust. As long as we are in the shelter of God, he wil be protecting us as he is the strong mighty God that watches over us.

2)Moreover, in verse 3, -"Surely he will save you from the fowler's snare

and from the deadly pestilence." He has used the term "fowler" where it is a person who hunted fowl, birds, either for amusement or to supply birds for food, pets, or sacrifice. God had used figuratively for the plots of the wicked to try to entrap and bring down their enemies. Thus, we need not to worry as God's protection can extend both to the plots of evil men and the diseases that ravage mankind.

3) The following are the promises that Psalm 91 contain:

"14'Because he loves me,' says the LORD, 'I will rescue him;

I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name.

15He will call upon me, and I will answer him;

I will be with him in trouble,

I will deliver him and honor him.

16With long life will I satisfy him

and show him my salvation.'" (91:14-16)

I will rescue him, I will protect him, I will answer him, I will be with him in trouble, I will deliver him, I will honor him, I satisfy him with long life, I will show him my salvation

4) Psalm 91 tells us that he will be protecting us in all circumstances. He will keep his promise. He has taught us how to follow him. As he has said in Psaml 91, he will be with us at all times, and will send his guardian angels to protect upon us. If we do follow his path that he has provided, we will succeed in our christian life.

THAT WHENEVER WE ARE DANGER AND WE HAVE NO ONE TO TURN TO ..TURN TO GOD AND HE WILL

PROTECT US FROM EVERYBODY AND EVERYTHING.. BECAUSE WE ARE HIS CHILDREN.

GOD IS POWERFUL IN EVERY WAY HE DEFEATED THE DEVIL ..HE CONQUER DEATH ..THERE IS NOTHING THAT GOD CAN'T DO WITH THE PEOPLE WHO LOVE HIM..

THIS PSALM MAKES ME FEEL THE LORD IS FOR US ..AND WILL GUIDE US AND PROTECT US...AND IF GOD IS FOR US WHO CAN BE AGAINST US.....NO ONE!

Q2. (Psalm 91) What does this psalm teach us about God's protection when in danger?

God is mighty and powerful! The protection of God can extend both to the plots of evil men and the diseases that ravage mankind. When others around us may fall to the ravishes of diseases and are assulted by evil men, God protects us. He is protecting us during the day as well as in the night. Just trust Him continually, look to Him, and rest in His care. Child of God, you are the 'Apple of His Eye,' take comfort in knowing this.

What does it teach about our authority to vanquish our enemies?

The psalm teach that in Jesus' name we have power greater than that of our powerful enemy. In Jesus we have the power to push our enemy away from us, we have the power to resist him, to wage war against him. As a child of God we are conquerors not to be conquered.

What promises does Psalm 91 contain? How does this psalm make you feel?

Psalm 91 contains the following promises:

• God will rescue the Believer

God will protect the Believer

God will answer the Believer

God will be with the Believer in trouble

God will deliver the Believer

God will honor the Believer

God satisfy the Believer with long life

God will show the Believer His salvation

In whatever crisis I may find myself in God is there protecting me. His care for me will continue through eternity. Thank you Lord!

(Psalm 91) What does this psalm teach us about God's protection when in danger? He delivers us not only from our enemies but from diseases - through the day and night, even as we walk among those who die on the left and right. He is our shield.

What does it teach about our authority to vanquish our enemies? We have been given all authority to vanquish all of our enemies incuding the lion and serpent.

What promises does Psalm 91 contain?

I will rescue him (14a)

I will protect him (14b)

I will answer him (15a)

I will be with him in trouble (15b)

I will deliver him (15c)

I will honor him (15c)

I satisfy him with long life (16a)

I will show him my salvation (16b)

How does this psalm make you feel? Relieved that there is someone who cares, someone whom I can trust, someone who will never desert me or forsake me, but tends to my every need as I dwell with him.

No matter the trouble or situation, nothing is greater than God and our God is ready, willing and able to love and care for His own, in His way.

Jesus gave us the authority and power to defeat our enemies because of His great love for us. By exercising our faith and using this divine gift we are victorious. This faith is the greatest part of our protection package from the Father.

El Shaddai promises us deliverance, a home on high, His answer to our prayers, His honor, long life (see eternal) and His salvation ( salvation = save = Savior = Jesus).

What does this psalm teach us about God's protection when in danger?

* I can say that every time I read or quote this Psalms that I can humbly and truly say that God is my Refuge, my Shelter, my Help, my Deliverer and so much more........ the divine supernatural power that takes over to bring my troubles under control and the peace that follows. The love I feel and the Holy Spirit sweetly and calmly speaking to me all is well, all is well because you trust Him and you know He is all you need to take care of you and the troubles have been brought you by life and by your enemies.

I have learned just by reading and applying this Psalms to my life and writing it upon the table of my heart that God will watch over His word to perform and nothing shall harm me day or night. That I have felt His angels in charge of me knowing that they have obeyed Him by the divine protection that guarded me.

Thank you Father, that You love me and Your eyes are always on me. That You never sleep or slumber because of me.

* Its states that we are to fear nothing, that He will walk with us through what ever the enemy has come against us with.

* In the Message Bible it states, " We sit down in the High God's presence, spend the night in Shaddai's shadow" as we read this we can see that we are seated in heavenly place high above all our enemies and in that place we come under the shadow or wing of that authority so when we speak our voice echo's the voice of God and the enemy can't do anything but submit and loose us from their hold.

* Safe house

* Protection

* Angels in charge in every area we walk in

* That the enemies weapons have no power to harm us, no hidden things will surprise us

* No disease will prowl through the darkness

* No disaster will erupt at high noon

* We will stand untouched

Because of His love and protection we are in a safe house, we are in a place of rest and He is stating here through His Holy Spirit that " I Am is with you and I will never leave you, put you hope in God!

How does this psalm make you feel?

* Safe, its makes me feel safe! I know that I dwell in His presences, in His own house. That whatever comes my way not only is He with me, heaven is with me and that He has given ways in His word to walk through them. If I can stay in trust and peace not letting my soul take over and the enemy embark upon me then I will also hear that still small voice saying, all is well trust Me and hear Me to guide you for I Am the Light of your salvation, whom or what shall you fear.

My God is a good God and I'm so grateful I have Him and I know that He loves me just as I am! No matter what state I find myself in, if I turn to Him, if I admit to Him, if I submit to Him, those loving arms will gather me up together we will come through.

What does this psalm teach us about God's protection when in danger? What does it teach about our authority to vanquish our enemies? What promises does Psalm 91 contain? How does this psalm make you feel?

God's protection is all encompassing and very much to be relied on fully and completely because of who we know God to be.

We can walk without fear as long as we don't invite trouble. We have strength over our enemies through Christ who conquered our enemy Satan.

Promises

1. He will rescue us.

2. He will protect us.

3. He will deliver us.

4. He will answer when we call to Him.

5. He will be with us in trouble.

6. He will honor us.

7. He will satisfy us with long life.

8. He will show us His salvation.

It makes me feel awe for our God and when I read this psalm I feel tears in my eyes because I feel at home in Him.

God Bless!

Jen

Numbers 6:24-26

This psalm teaches me that God is sooooo much bigger than my problems. He can protect me in all danger.

I will rescue him

I will protect him

I will answer him

I will be with him in time of trouble

I will deliver him

I will honor him

I satisfy him with long life

I will show him my salvation

Wow what a Saviour!

This psalm teaches us that God is with us & we can count on Him & His power when we go through trials or tribulations.

Rest & trust in God & He'll give us the power to vanquish our enemies whom God has already defeated!

I love it when I read "I Will" because I know God said He would & we can count on those promises:

to rescue, protect, answer us and be with us in trouble, deliver us, honor us, satisfy us with long life & show us His salvation.

This psalm tells us I need to dwell in Him & acknowledge His name. Then, He will be there in troubled times & be there to be my refuge & to see Him at work. I feel I need to fear nothing (but God)!

Q2. (Psalm 91) What does this psalm teach us about God's protection when in danger?

It teaches us that we can be confident concerning God protection.

God Himself is our protection- and so we can trust in Him (2)

He saves us and delivers us, we dwell in the shelter of His wings, He is our refuge and shield, He covers us, He gives His angels charge over us

God promises protection against all kinds of foes at all times

The psalmist tells of God protection during the day and night

The fowlers snare, deadly pestilence, terror, arrows, plague, disaster, striking our foot against the rocks, the lion and great lion, the cobra and serpent, The Psalmist is aware that God is protective and will help us through, and be with us through all trouble (15)

God

This psalm shows us that God protects us when in danger. God does this by providing refuge if we believe and trust him. God protects from the snare of Satan. Gos gives us supernatural authority and power over our enemies. This psalm makes me feel safe and like I can tackle lifes challenges with God's help.

1. This teaches us that God protects us, but we must have faith in him continually.

2. If we have faith in God and put all our trust in him, we are able to vanquish our enemies. He has given us the ability to vanquish them ourselves with His help.

3. He promises to cover us, rescue, protect, answer, be with him in trouble, deliver & honor, satisfy and show us salvation.

4. Thi psalm assures me that as long as I keep my faith in God and trust only in him, He will keep all of His promises .

There is no doubt that God saves us from danger. But yet, sometimes, He is the last person that we seek when trouble befall us. Only when we have exhausted all channels that we crawl back to him for protection. This Psalm teaches us that God provides the best protection. We should seek him first when we think we are in danger. Verse 7 says that thousands will fall by our side but nothing will happen to us. It seems an impossible thing by human standard but that is the awesome promise by God. And he provides us with his TLC - tender, loving care from 24/7 - 24 hours and every day.

And on top of that, he gives us the authority to win our battles with the help of the angels. He gives us strength to overcome the evil - thoughts, attacks and actions. He gives us the power to overcome our weaknesses may it be physically, mentally or emotionally. If we look at it, God has given us all the necessary tools to lead a righteous life in this world but it all depends on how we use and manage these tools.

This Psalm is really an eye-opener for me. It is not that I did not know about God's protection but it is comforting to understand and know how well this Psalm describes His protection over his people. God really loves me a lot and he does not like when others mess with me. In this world especially where crimes are increasing by numbers, it is good to know that God's wonderful protection is there for all of us.

Hi Davidjjj,

I like the way you answered the question on your reaction to this Psalm. I have had the same questions. Many times, I have been dumbfounded when my non-Christians friends questioned me on this. Like you, I agree that all this will pass and God is not to be blamed for all the disasters or the wrong things that happen in this world.

Cheers

It teaches us that we can be confident concerning God protection.

God Himself is our protection- and so we can trust in Him (2)

He saves us and delivers us, we dwell in the shelter of His wings, He is our refuge and shield, He covers us, He gives His angels charge over us

God promises protection against all kinds of foes at all times

The psalmist tells of God protection during the day and night

The fowlers snare, deadly pestilence, terror, arrows, plague, disaster, striking our foot against the rocks, the lion and great lion, the cobra and serpent, The Psalmist is aware that God is protective and will help us through, and be with us through all trouble (15)

God

He is our rest, our shelter from harm, our fortress, our refuge our shield and protector. He coversus with His wings and no harm can come to us.

God will protect us 11For he will command his angels concerning you

to guard you in all your ways;

12they will lift you up in their hands,

so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.

That God will keep His promises to us if we seek Him and remain in His presence

It makes us free of fear of any one or thing it lets us know that God is always there for us all we need to do is seek Him and remain in His word and keep Him first place in our lives.

Q2. (Psalm 91) :rolleyes:

What does this psalm teach us about God's protection when in danger?

'He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.'

"He will cover you with his feathers, and under his wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart.

We can rest and be assured that God has already defeated our enemies.

Promises

1. He will rescue us.

2. He will protect us.

3. He will deliver us.

4. He will answer when we call to Him.

5. He will be with us in trouble.

6. He will honor us.

7. He will satisfy us with long life.

8. He will show us His salvation.

This psalm makes me feel thankful to have a Savior who watches over me and keeps me safe from all harm. :P

Psalm 91 is very special to me because it was the Psalm my mom used to prayer for deliverance from cancer. She was given 3 to 6 months to live and through much prayer and alternative diet she lived 1 year and 9 months. She had her struggles but looking back she was delivered and saw her salvation. She was left with knowing in the end it would be her and Jesus. I still miss her dearly but I have joy in knowing she is living an abundant life in the light of Jesus' face. It makes me want to live my life for the glory of God and receive my salvation from eternal death and long for my eternal reward which awaits the believer in our eternal home. I will not fear because HE is ALWAYS NEAR! Everything is in his control and will be for my good in the end. For the non- believer this is not so and I pray that I can be a witness of God's love and forgiveness. People must turn from evil and repent. Repentance is not I'm sorry and do what you want. It's I'm sorry, Lord help me to change. With His Holy Spirit anything is possible. God's will be done in all of our lives and what a life we will have. Oh, what a peace can be ours. My mom died with much peace.

That God will save us from troubles, from pestilence or disease and from the terror of both the day and the night if asleep or awake in him we can find peace and rest, he is our protector.

IN Jesus name we have the power greater than that of our enemies and we have the power to push back and resist the evil and wage war against him the master of confusion and against his evil deeds nothing can harm us.

He promises to rescue us in times of trouble, protect us, answer us, deliver us, honor and satisfy us with long life and show his salvation.

This psalm is my protection, I know that he is always with me, and he is with me he will not abandon me when trouble is near this I know that I can find my comfort and I can overcome anything as long as he is with me.

The Lord Gord is the only one we can call upon for protection against anything life throws at us (He is our shelter) from things that trip us up day to day (hunters traps) or the worst kinds of issues, sickness and disease (deadly plages). This protection we can call upon 24/7. This promise is our shield and our armour and having faith in this and faith in His love for us, we have the victory and authority to vanquish our enemies. Without it we are like the thousands that fall beside us, for without God the enemy will surely take us down. This is encouraging to know we have a God that loves and cares for us and does not want to see harm come to us.

God I call for your protection in all things I do, that the evil one would be kept far from me and you would hold me close under your wing when danger is near and yet hold me up with courage when in battle for Your kingdom. Lord thankyou for your protection.

1. What does this psalm teach us about God's protection when in danger?

In times of danger God has promised us that we have His protection, shelter, shield, fortress, and a refuge. He will cover us under his feathers and wings where we can find refuge; his faithfulness will be our shield and rampart

2). What does it teach about our authority to vanquish our enemies?

IN Jesus name we have the power greater than that of our enemies and we have the power to push back and resist the evil and wage war against him the master of confusion and against his evil deeds nothing can harm us.

3). What promises does Psalm 91 contain?

He promises He will rescue us, protect us, deliver us, answer us when we call to Him, be with us in trouble, He will honor us , willsatisfy us with long life and show us His salvation.

4). How does this psalm make you feel?

Psalm 91 is my protection, I know that he is always with me,and shall not abandon me when trouble is near . I can find comfort, peace and assurance and protection when we dwell in the secret place of the Most High. Thank you Jesus as we have quiet confident toward our Almighty Father in Heaven.

If we love the Lord, trust in him and call upon his name he will protect us night and day from whatever comes our way.

We have the power to resist the devil, to push him back.

The promises are to rescue, protect, answer, be with us in times of trouble, deliver, honor, long life, show us his salvation.

This Psalm makes my faith so much stronger. To see these promises written down so clearly gives me confidence.