JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Q4. (Psalm 24) How do verses 1-2 establish the Lord's right as King?

Verses 1-2 establish the Lord's right as King because He is creator of all things.

What do verses 3-6 tell us about the requirements of the King?

Verses 3-6 tell us that the King requires worshippers who have a clean hand and a pure heart, ethical and moral purity; those who do not align themselves with the enemy but has given all allegiance unto God.

What do verses 7-10 tell us about the glory of the King?

Verses 7-10 tell us that the glory of the King is his Person, Yahweh; His omnipotent power as He is the victorious Warrior of all battles.

How does this psalm speak to you in your situation?

This psalm tells me that my God is a Victorious Warrior. When I face a battle I need not be afraid, I can just call out to Him and He will rescue me from the hand of the enemy. I am moved to render worship to Him continually.

• 2 weeks later...
Q4. (Psalm 24) How do verses 1-2 establish the Lord's right as King? What do verses 3-6 tell us about the requirements of the King? What do verses 7-10 tell us about the glory of the King? How does this psalm speak to you in your situation?

( # 1-2 ) How do verses 1-2 establish the Lord's right as King?

His rightful Lordship is indisputable. We are His, and He made us. With what lowly reverence should we bow before Him! How meekly should we yield to His supermacy! How constant should our efforts be to Glorify Him with body, soul, and spirit, which are His.

( #3-6 ) What do verses 3-6 tell us about the requirements of the King?

It is a grand and everlasting truth, " Without Holiness no man shall see the Lord." His dwelling is essential purity. No speck of sin can enter where He dwells. Therefore no one who ever breathed life's breath or trod this earth, except Jesus, can enter by His own right and in His own name. " He who has clean hands, and a pure heart; who has not lifted up his soul to vanity, nor sworn deceitfully. He shall receive the blessing from the Lord, and righteousness from God of His salvation.

( #'s 7-10 ) What do verses 7- 10 tell us about the Glory of the King?

" Who is this King of Glory? The Lord strong and mighty, the Lord mighty in battle." The guardians of the portals are represented as responding. They must be certified of the claim of Him who thus draws near. They ask, Proclaim His name, His purpose, and His right. Why is He free to enter? A ready answer cries, " The Lord strong and mighty, the Lord mighty in battle." Jesus has returned; He went forth strong in might to do battle. He comes crowned with all conquest Admit Him.

" Who is this King of Glory? The Lord of Hosts, He is th King of Glory."

Look, He is enthroned on the right hand of the Majesty on high. May our poor hearts lift up their heads! May He there sit and rule, and reign forever!

How does this Psalm speak to you in your situation?

I know He is my healer, He is my protection, He is the King of Glory, When I am being attacked by the enemy in areas of my life all I have to do is call upon Him and He will answer. When I feel alone and there is an emptyness in my soul .He will fill it.

Q4. (Psalm 24) How do verses 1-2 establish the Lord's right as King? What do verses 3-6 tell us about the requirements of the King? What do verses 7-10 tell us about the glory of the King? How does this psalm speak to you in your situation?

1) In verse 1-2, it clearly tells you that it is the Lord that had created the earth and everything in it and everything that live on earth. Thus, all human beings and non-living things belong to God. The Lord is the King and Owner of all because he is the creator of all.

2) In verse 3-6, it says that to be a King, he will need to be ethical and moral purity. He will also need to be strictly allegiance as well as having a pure heart.

3) In verse 7-10, the entrance of the "King of Glory" is announced. God is to be heavy, weighty,someone who is honorable, impressive, worthy of respect. In reference to God, we should associate him for his holiness, splendor, and blinding light. "Who is this King of glory?" - the answer comes back immediately, that the King of Glory is Yahweh himself, the victorious Warrior.

4) I know he is the King of Glory. He is the victorious Warrior, he will be protecting me at all times. He is the great physician, there is nothing that he is not able to do. Thus, especially when I do face troubles, there is no need to be scared as there is God that is in control of all situation.

THE LORD IS THE CREATOR OF IT ALL

GOD IS MY EVERYTHING..HE IS ALL I NEED

The Lord created, therefore owns the earth, the world & everything in it.

The requirements of the King are those who have clean hands and a pure heart, who do not lift their soul to an idol or swear by what is false.

The King of Glory is the Lord strong & mighty, the Lord mighty in battle. Let the King of Glory come in!!

His is the victory! I must remember this when it seems things are too hard to be changed. His is the victory! He is the Lord mighty in battle--all His foes are defeated! If God is for us who can be against us? Praise Him!

They speak of His sovereignty. He founded and established the earth and everything in it, they are His, He owns it entirely.

They establish the requirements for those who can come into His presence.

The Lord's right as King is that He is the Creator...., of everything. He owns it and us.

Without holiness, no man shall see God (ref.: Heb 12:14). We must be pure in heart and spirit to approach our King. The King of Glory is without limitation in size and power. He is Mighty God of the Heavenly Host. Jesus is all Glory.

This Psalm reminds me that without His love and mercy I cannot be and that without His grace I am a captive of the dark.

Verse 1-2 establish the Lord's right as King; the earth is his, he is the creator, and he is soverign over all he has created.

Verse 3-6 tells us the requirements of the king; He has to be holy, righteous and a pure heart.

Verse7-10 tells us that the king of Glory is the Lord of hosts. He is the King of Glory. He is worthy to stand in the holy place. Only with the coming of Jesus did the meaning become clear.

Psalm 24-Praise to God the creator as Sovereign of the world, an inquiring concerning the appropriate approach to the Lord and an anticipation of the king of glory. Whatever situation we are in, let us continue to prasie God. King of Kings, Lord of lords.

How does this apply to me? When I lift up my head the King of Glory will come in. In my situations, do I recognize that the earth is God's and He founded it, and no matter what my situation is, I continuously seek Him. Lately it seems that I wont hold my head up because my eyes are too focused on situations around me, but when I do remember who He is and that He is greater than my situations, there are blessings from Him for those who are clean and pure who will seek Him and lift up his/her head to Him that the mighty and strong Lord will be with me in battle...

How do verses 1-2 establish the Lord's right as King?

* 1 The earth is the LORD's, and everything in it, the world, and all who live in it;

2 for he founded it upon the seas and established it upon the waters."

* 4 He who has clean hands and a pure heart, who does not lift up his soul to an idol or swear by what is false.

5 He will receive blessing from the LORD and vindication from God his Savior."

6 Such is the generation of those who seek him, who seek your face, O God of Jacob. Selah"

* 7 Lift up your heads, O you gates; be lifted up, you ancient doors, that the King of glory may come in.

8 Who is this King of glory?The LORD strong and mighty, the LORD mighty in battle.

9 Lift up your heads, O you gates; lift them up, You Ancient doors, that the King of glory may come in.

10 Who is He, this King of glory?The LORD Almighty

1. He has all of the right, because he is the creator of all. No one else deserves this honor.

2. The requirements for King are someone who is ethical and morally pure, does not worship idols, is loyal, and doesn't swear by what is false.

3. Verses 7-10 lets us know that God is an Almighty God. He is one that should be glorified. He is magnificent. We should bow down and praise Him for He is the only one worthy of all the praise.

4. No matter what situation we are in, we should never forget to praise and trust in God. We owe Him our all.

Verses 1-2 begins again with exaltuation and declaring the Lord's or King or Creator sovereignity over all the earth reminding us that all there is and all we are has come from him. Verses 3-6 describe that God requires ethical and moral purity-loyality to the King. Strict allegience without idoltry. Verses 7-10 speaks about how the Lord will come in. I am going through a long dry spell but I remain steadfastly praising God and resting in knowing God is in charge of the timing and restoration. During the dry times I grow.

The earth is the Lords and the fulness thereof says it all. He is the creator and maker of all things and everything belongs to Him.

We must be holy to come in to the Lords presence and it is only through a pure heart that He will make us holy through His Son Jesus Christ.

That He is our King and protector. He alone is mighty and powerful. He is worthy of us opening our hearts gate and allowing Him to enter in.

The Lord God created us and everything around us and for that fact alone He is above all and King, let alone all the other things He has done for us and freely given His son so we might live. Because the love shown in this act, we can put all our trust in God. God wants people who put others before them, who are role models for the kingdom, who are not hypocrites and live to the law and people that are driven by love. God is bigger than any person and any plan we may have, we need to lift our heads to God and invite Him to be sovereign. Only with God can the enemy be scattered and His kingdom be expanded.

They speak of His sovereignty. The King of heaven and earth and they are His own.

It describes that God requires ethical and moral purity-loyality to the King. Strict allegience without idoltry.

He is Yahweh and God of Magnificent and Almighty. He is the victorious warrior King, mighty in battle, worthy of respect and honor. He deserves all our praises and all Glory. He is the highly exalted , the King of Kings, the Lord of Lords.

He is my Sovereign God and I must come in full surrender to Him as Lord of my life. I must come to worship Him in Spirit and in Truth. He is Awesome and Great in Power to save us.

Q4. (Psalm 24) :rolleyes:

How do verses 1-2 establish the Lord's right as King?

• He is King and Owner of all because he is Creator of all!

• God requires ethical and moral purity, that is, loyalty to the King and his commands, both outwardly and inwardly.

• He is "The LORD Almighty--

he is the King of glory; He is

King of Glory and Yahweh himself, the victorious Warrior:

• God is my Lord and Savior and I need to give Him all glory and praise.

It's the Lord's right to be King because he is the creator of earth and all who live here.

The Lord requires us to be completely loyal to him.

The glory of the Lord is the Lord Almighty who is strong and mighty in battle.

There is nothing more powerful, majestic or wonderful than the Lord Almighty. He is, "able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine." If I am loyal and keep my eyes on him,he will bring me through any battle that I go through.

The earth and all people belongs to God. So we are only stewards, or caretakers. We should be committed to the proper management of this world and its resources. We are not to become devoted to anything created or act as sole proprietors, however, because this world will pass away.

The requirement of the King is one that is honest and never tells lies.

The King of glory, is The Lord of Heaven

Verses 1 and 2 establish the Lord's right as King because everything belongs to Him,He is the creator of all things.

Verses 3-6 teii us the requirements of the King are:one who has access to God,equal with Him. He must be holy and have a pure heart,sinless. He must have God's blessing and righteousness. People will seek to know Him and to do His will.

Verses 7-10 tells us about the glory of the King. He is deserving of worship,He is strong and mighty,mighty in battle. One day all will worship Him when He comes again in all His glory!

This psalm speaks to my situation by comforting me and it gives me joy to think of the king coming in all His glory. It makes me want to praise Him!

Verses 1-2 of psalm 24 establishes the Lord's right as King by proclaiming that the earth, everything on it, and all who live on it

belong to Him. His sovereignty is over the whole earth because He is Owner and Creator.

Verses 3-6 tell us the requirements of the King are for our complete loyalty. He requires ethical and moral purity, both outwardly and inwardly.

Verses 7-10 tells us that God Himself is the King Of Glory, the victorious Warrior. He is the "Lord of Hosts", the head of the armies of heaven.

This psalm speaks to me in my situation by reminding me that God is in control.

• 2 weeks later...
The Lord's right as King is established by reminding us to the fact that the earth and everything in it belongs to Him. He created it and rules over it. We are then told/reminded that we must give honour and loyalty to our King. He commands outward and inward loyalty and it is our duty to give it to Him. We then see that the King is announced - He is with us and we are constantly before Him.

Verses 1&2 establish the Lord's right as King in that the Lord founded/created the earth, everything in it, and everything that lives in this world. The Lord God Almighty is King of the Universe.

Verses 3-6 tell us that in order to stand in the presense of, and have a relationship with the Lord, one must have clean hands; a pure heart; not worship idols; or swear by what is false -- morally pure. Those that honor God will receive His blessings, vindication, and salvation.

Verses 7-10 tells us that the Lord is the King of glory; is strong and mighty; mighty in battle; and that He is the Lord of Hosts.

As a person who recognizes the Lord God Almight as Savior, Creator, and Father, I gladly give Him my life, my praise and my worship. He is God Almighty and is deserving of my praise, honor and love.

• 4 weeks later...