JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Lesson 8. Exercises

Exercise. For one of the psalms in this lesson -- or another psalm with a similar theme -- do one of the suggested exercises to help you experience the Psalms (www.jesuswalk.com/psalms/psalms-exercises.htm). These include such things as praying a psalm, meditating, reading to a shut-in, paraphrasing, writing your own psalm, singing, preparing a liturgy, and memorizing. Then report to the forum what the exercise meant to you personally or share what you've written with others.

• 1 month later...
Exercise. For one of the psalms in this lesson -- or another psalm with a similar theme -- do one of the suggested exercises to help you experience the Psalms (www.jesuswalk.com/psalms/psalms-exercises.htm). These include such things as praying a psalm, meditating, reading to a shut-in, paraphrasing, writing your own psalm, singing, preparing a liturgy, and memorizing. Then report to the forum what the exercise meant to you personally or share what you've written with others.

GOD'S PRESENCE

Psalm 5:3

I met God in the morning

When my day was at it's best

And His presence came like sunrise

like a Glory filled my breast.

All day long this Presence lingered

All day long He stayed with me,

And I sailed in perfect calmness

O'er a very troulbed sea.

Other ships were torn and battered,

Other ships were sore distressed,

The winds seemed to drive them

Brought to me a peace and rest.

Then I thought of other mornings

With a keen remorse of mind,

When I, too, had loosed the moorings

With this presence left behind.

So I think I've found the secret

Learned through many a troubled way

You must meet God in the morning

If you want Him through the day.

The experience of this lesson helps me. I am going through a crisis and just studing this lesson I know God is in charge and I exaluation Him until the restoration.

I chose to think on Ps. 24:1 & 2 in "The Message"

"God claims Earth and everything in it. God claims World and all who live on it. He built it on Ocean foundations, laid it out on River girders."

I read Ps. 19:1 & 2 today too--

"God's glory is on tour in the skies, God-craft on exhibit across the horizon. Madame Day holds classes every morning, Professor Night lectures each evening.

Our God is an awesome God!!

Psalm 24 has touched me so much. It talks that everything belongs to God. The Glorious eternal King. If we know that everything belong to God, all of us are stewards, or caretakers. We should be committed to proper management of this world and its resources. We are not to become devoted to anything created or act as sole proprietors, however, because this world will pass away.

We are also to be honest in everything we do to God.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

I chose to meditate on Psalm 96 because daily I am a witness of how truly awesome God is. I know how he keeps and protects me and all those I hold dear. He has put a new song in my heart and I praise Him all day every day and night. He doesnt have to do anything extraordinary, I praise Him just because I love Him. He inhabits the praises of His people and I will continually give praise, honor, glory and majesty to a deserving and worthy of all my praise God.

• 1 year later...

In reading these Psalms out loud to myself, they have me realize how important it is to exult and lift up our Lord and Savior. When I think about some of the things God has brought me through, He is so worthy of my worship and praise. God is always true and faithful to his people. I have been real sick for the past 3 weeks. When the devil says he is going to stop you, I said no, because I know that greater is he that is in me than he who is in the world. I could imagine trying to get through that sickness without God. Praise God , I knew he was there with me all the time. He never left or forsake me. When we are so sick we can lift our heads up, praise and worship the Lord. Even though I was so sick in body, my spirit was never down. I kept my eyes and heart on the Lord. He brought me through. Our God is so holy and righteous. There are not enough words that I can say to worship and praise my God with that can thank him for what He had done. To know that He is Lord of all the earth and all there in, that He still reigns, and that I will one day be with Him eternally, all I can say is Come, Lord Jesus.

Exercise. For one of the psalms in this lesson -- or another psalm with a similar theme -- do one of the suggested exercises to help you experience the Psalms (www.jesuswalk.com/psalms/psalms-exercises.htm). These include such things as praying a psalm, meditating, reading to a shut-in, paraphrasing, writing your own psalm, singing, preparing a liturgy, and memorizing. Then report to the forum what the exercise meant to you personally or share what you've written with others. I really think you God for the blessing in the mist of my test I still can say think you Jesus. God have used this study to show me He is still in control. Even those around me have try to discourage me and spread untruth about me I still continue to worship and praise the Mighty King of Glory. I've decided that I'm done with foolish behavior. I have learn how to become more meek and enjoy praising my Father in Heaven. God is in-charge of my life anything that comes up is not for me to worry about it but to seek guidance from my Father who created not only me but

Everything. He know the beganning and my end I trust my Father that He is the Mighty one of it All and that He will continue to protect me. I'm at peace with my relationship with my Father and I think he for Jesus. I pray in Jesus name that many of us continue to learn from our Father and about our Father because he is Truly wonderful and Loving.

• 2 months later...

Exercise. For one of the psalms in this lesson -- or another psalm with a similar theme -- do one of the suggested exercises to help you experience the Psalms

My exercise - A daily event - I will give Him praise and glory for all He has done in my life, and to serve Him, to be obedient to Him, in total subjection to Him, as master of my life.

• 8 months later...

Exercise. For one of the psalms in this lesson -- or another psalm with a similar theme -- do one of the suggested exercises to help you experience the Psalms (<a href="http://www.jesuswalk.com/psalms/psalms-exercises.htm" target="_blank">www.jesuswalk.com/psalms/psalms-exercises.htm</a>). These include such things as praying a psalm, meditating, reading to a shut-in, paraphrasing, writing your own psalm, singing, preparing a liturgy, and memorizing. Then report to the forum what the exercise meant to you personally or share what you've written with others.

These psalms help me to understand why I always enjoyed praise and worship. Now I understand why and it help me to get and what to get even closer to God and worship is one od the ways to do to know that he is there loving my worship and sending the Holy Spirit to let me know that he recieve my worship I love to be in his present.

• 5 weeks later...

Exercise. For one of the psalms in this lesson -- or another psalm with a similar theme -- do one of the suggested exercises to help you experience the Psalms (<a href="http://www.jesuswalk.com/psalms/psalms-exercises.htm" target="_blank">www.jesuswalk.com/psalms/psalms-exercises.htm</a>). These include such things as praying a psalm, meditating, reading to a shut-in, paraphrasing, writing your own psalm, singing, preparing a liturgy, and memorizing. Then report to the forum what the exercise meant to you personally or share what you've written with others.

will be meditating on ps 24 today, considering who my Father is.

• 2 weeks later...

In Psalm 145, the psalmist is glorifying God with unceasing praise. He knows that God is so great that most people can't even begin to know how great he is.

A generation will have heard the testimonies of God's greatness coupled with what they've personally experienced, then they will witness to the world about the Lord's majesty. The psalmist extuls the joy of who God is and what God has already done.

• 3 months later...

Exercise.

For one of the psalms in this lesson - or another psalm with a similar theme - do one of the suggested exercises to help you experience the Psalms. These include such things as praying a psalm, meditating, reading to a shut-in, paraphrasing, writing your own psalm, singing, preparing a liturgy, and memorizing. Then report to the forum what the exercise meant to you personally or share what you've written with others.

I have started memorizing Psalm 96, along with the others; Psalms 8, 15, 40, 63, 91, and 150. Psalm 96 reminds me never to become weary with thanking God. I should never stop praising Him for all He has done and is still doing and will yet do in my life. We should all be rejoicing in the goodness and glory of God. We should be singing His praises announcing how great and mighty our Heavenly Father is. To give God the glory of His name I must continue to grow through His Word; then only will I truly know how great He really is.

• 2 weeks later...

I prayed Psalm 124. It is good to recognize God as the King of glory and the creator of all things. I needed the reminder that only the pure in heart will stand in His presence and receive His blessing. Great is the King of Israel, the King of Glory!

• 11 months later...

The study of Psalms itself has brought me to place of hope and joy in the Lord. I meditate on these beautiful psalms which fill me so much of strength. I have memorised different psalms.Every week I along with my family have made it a habit to memorise a psalm and then say it aloud.

However tough it might seem I somehow praise God with these psalms daily. It has helped me and taught me to praise God and lean on Him and bring myself to rest in Him in daily worship.

I spend my time reading and meditating these Psalms which has made me shut doors to all unwanted things but caused me to dwell and rest in the House of God!

I have learnt a lot by taking this beautiful study and every word is ministering to my situation right now.

Meditation of these psalms have made me Praise God joyfully. Psalm 126 has filled me with great confidence that God brings deliverance and victory in every situation that we surrender into His care. He fills us with joy and God does mighty things when we Praise Him and allow Him to be our Lord and Master. Psalm 24 has brought about a great awareness in me that when we are lead pure and clean lives free from sin and walk in God's ways then we are blessed by God Most High. whatever we do we prosper when we fear the Lord and obey His Word.

• 2 years later...
  • 3 years later...

I write out my own Psalm to God. Here it is:

My God I cry out to You 

I need You right now

My life is in Your hands

You alone can save me

I am afraid of the unknown

I don't know what it'll bring

I only know You are in control

I am unsure how to feel

Because You alone know the end

As well as the beginning Yahweh

Only through You will I find rescue

Or the safety I need

May You be My Healer

But also be My Provider

And My Protector in this storm

So I can praise You.

Oh God, you are the great King 

You sit enthroned on high

The one who created everything

On land and on sea

All the animals and even man 

Who is holy enough to meet you?

Who can even stand before you?

Who can be in your temple, Lord? 

Only, one who is pure and holy

Only ones who are washed by the blood

People who are true to you

They will receive your blessings

Let the King of kings enter into the city!

For He is majestic and great

Who is this king they ask

It is the Lord God Almighty!

Our glorious and terrible Warrior

Let Him enter in

Who is this Lord? 

It is the Lord of Hosts

Lord of the angel armies! 

He is our Lord and King!

• 11 months later...

Psalm 96

Sing to the Lord a brand new song; sing everyone to the Lord Eternal!

Declare the goodness of His salvation every day to the ends of the earth.

Proclaim to the nations His glorious deeds and His wonderful acts

For the Lord is great and worthy of praise transcending the so called gods

The gods of the world are mere idols but the Lord is the Creator of heavens

The majesty of His splendor and the beauty of His glory fills His sanctuary

O nations of the earth, recognize the give to the Lord glory, honor and strength

Give unto the Lord the glory He deserves and bring gifts into His courts

Worship the Lord who is adorned in holy splendor, tremble and worship before Him

Tell the nations, “The Lord reigns”; He rules in righteousness and equity

He makes the world to stand firm and so let the heavens rejoice

Let the earth be glad, let the seas roar and everyone in it be joyful to the Lord

Let the landscape rejoice and celebrate; let the trees and forests clap for joy

When the Lord reigns, the people will enjoy His righteousness and faithfulness

• 4 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Pastor Ralph changed the title to Lesson 8. Exercises