JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Lesson 9. Exercises

Exercise. For one of the psalms in this lesson -- or another psalm with a similar theme -- do one of the suggested exercises to help you experience the Psalms (www.jesuswalk.com/psalms/psalms-exercises.htm). These include such things as praying a psalm, meditating, reading to a shut-in, paraphrasing, writing your own psalm, singing, preparing a liturgy, and memorizing. Then report to the forum what the exercise meant to you personally or share what you've written with others.

• 2 months later...
Exercise. For one of the psalms in this lesson -- or another psalm with a similar theme -- do one of the suggested exercises to help you experience the Psalms (www.jesuswalk.com/psalms/psalms-exercises.htm). These include such things as praying a psalm, meditating, reading to a shut-in, paraphrasing, writing your own psalm, singing, preparing a liturgy, and memorizing. Then report to the forum what the exercise meant to you personally or share what you've written with others.

PSALM 103 ;8

Our Salvation is not dependent upon our goodness.......nor is our staying saved dependent upon our human ability to live the life. We are saved by grace through faith...... not of works, lest any man should boast! ( Eph. 2 :8-10 )

We are not saved and lost over and over. Many live in constant fear that some little mistake will send them to hell........after a lifetime of living for the Lord. They make no provision for their thinking for the "grace of God ," This constand state of frustration leads to spiritual disaster when one believes he has to be repeatedly "re-saved " because of little slips. Often this beliefs leads to an attitude of "whats the use?!I've blown it anyway! I might as well give up and go all the way." This thinking comes from a distorted knowledge of our position in Christ Jesus. The Psalmist wrote, " The steps of a good man are ordered of the Lord....... though he may fall , he shall not be utterly cast down, for , for the Lord upholdth him with his Hands." ( Psalm 37;23-24 ) Our sins are under the blood of Jesus! The epistle to the Romans reads, " All have sinned and come short of the Glory of God "....but we are " justified freely by His grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus; whom God set forth to be a proitiation through faith in His blood , to declare His righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the for bearance of God ".... declaring God's righteourness, that He might be JUST as well as the JUSTIFIER of them which believe in Jesus. " where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works ? Nay: but by the law of faith. Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the Law." ....Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid..... we establish the Law."! ( Romans 3:23-31; 5-9 ) He paid the price for our mistakes and failures!! ( Gal. 2:20; 3:6-14 )

I taught this in Home Bible Study

At one time I had begun to memorize Ps. 145. I want to get back to memorizing it. This study has encouraged me to continue the memorization--remembering why I had chosen this particular Psalm to put in my heart! Thank you!

I will praise him everyday, all the time with love & trust, faith & honor, but more than that I will praise him in all my ways and heart.

• 2 weeks later...

Psalm 117. Not only is this Psalm short but it gives me great assurance that Salvation is for all people, not just for Jews. God

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Psalm 117

From all that dwell below the skies

Let the Creator's praise arise:

Let the Redeemer's name be sung

Through every land by every tongue.

Eternal are thy mercies Lord;

Eternal truths attend thy word;

Thy praise shall sound from shore to shore

Till suns shall rise and set no more.

Isaac Watts

• 1 year later...

These psalms tell me that I am to praise and worship God. My lips are to speak praises. I am amazed at the compassion, love, kindness, understanding our God has. We serve an awesome and wonderful God. His love endures forever. Praise His holy name.

• 3 weeks later...

Exercise. For one of the psalms in this lesson -- or another psalm with a similar theme -- do one of the suggested exercises to help you experience the Psalms (www.jesuswalk.com/psalms/psalms-exercises.htm). These include such things as praying a psalm, meditating, reading to a shut-in, paraphrasing, writing your own psalm, singing, preparing a liturgy, and memorizing. Then report to the forum what the exercise meant to you personally or share what you've written with others. First I will like to ask for forgiveness for being late on this study in the name of Jesus. I woke up this morning and instead of praying for many things all I wanted to do was to think God for his Love and for loving us no matter what. I began to read Psalm 43, it touch me because two weeks ago I had a dream that I was on this mountain top and I met Jesus face to face. I was a beautiful and in a way the most unexplainable thing that I ever experience. As I was reading it in verse 3 it talk about the light and the truth that will guide me and the holy mountain as the place where He lives. I have never read and seen Psalms 43 like this before, but this was my experience after meeting Jesus on the mountain top he showed me different people and the life and also told me to tell them after seeing what they were doing to seek his face. God is so real that my heart still is weeping over the fact that so many is not trusting His Love for use on a daily journey. I Love you and Thank you for all that you do in Jesus name.

Exercise. For one of the psalms in this lesson -- or another psalm with a similar theme -- do one of the suggested exercises to help you experience the Psalms (www.jesuswalk.com/psalms/psalms-exercises.htm). These include such things as praying a psalm, meditating, reading to a shut-in, paraphrasing, writing your own psalm, singing, preparing a liturgy, and memorizing. Then report to the forum what the exercise meant to you personally or share what you've written with others. First I will like to ask for forgiveness for being late on this study in the name of Jesus. I woke up this morning and instead of praying for many things all I wanted to do was to think God for his Love and for loving us no matter what. I began to read Psalm 43, it touch me because two weeks ago I had a dream that I was on this mountain top and I met Jesus face to face. I was a beautiful and in a way the most unexplainable thing that I ever experience. As I was reading it in verse 3 it talk about the light and the truth that will guide me and the holy mountain as the place where He lives. I have never read and seen Psalms 43 like this before, but this was my experience after meeting Jesus on the mountain top he showed me different people and the life and also told me to tell them after seeing what they were doing to seek his face. God is so real that my heart still is weeping over the fact that so many is not trusting His Love for use on a daily journey. I Love you and Thank you for all that you do in Jesus name.

• 2 months later...

Exercise. For one of the psalms in this lesson -- or another psalm with a similar theme -- do one of the suggested exercises to help you experience the Psalms.

Then report to the forum what the exercise meant to you personally or share what you've written with others.

Exercise - While in my office this week I was able to pray with a gentleman who was having marriage problems. And then later in the week, while on a business trip to Boise the Lord led me to two people who I prayed personally with - Rodney, and then Meagan, and then the Lord brought me in contact with another lady, Kristin, who I lift up in prayer to the Lord.

• 8 months later...

Exercise. For one of the psalms in this lesson -- or another psalm with a similar theme -- do one of the suggested exercises to help you experience the Psalms (<a href="http://www.jesuswalk.com/psalms/psalms-exercises.htm" target="_blank">www.jesuswalk.com/psalms/psalms-exercises.htm</a>). These include such things as praying a psalm, meditating, reading to a shut-in, paraphrasing, writing your own psalm, singing, preparing a liturgy, and memorizing. Then report to the forum what the exercise meant to you personally or share what you've written with others.

One of the psalms that I love to think on is 103 when I see all the benefit of God. The benefit that we get by serving him and having the faith to believe on the benefit.

Another one that I love to think on is 96 when I praising God I know I am singing a song to him I am worshiping at his feet. And I know that he love for his people to praise and worsjip him.

• 3 weeks later...

Exercise. For one of the psalms in this lesson -- or another psalm with a similar theme -- do one of the suggested exercises to help you experience the Psalms (<a href="http://www.jesuswalk.com/psalms/psalms-exercises.htm" target="_blank">www.jesuswalk.com/psalms/psalms-exercises.htm</a>). These include such things as praying a psalm, meditating, reading to a shut-in, paraphrasing, writing your own psalm, singing, preparing a liturgy, and memorizing. Then report to the forum what the exercise meant to you personally or share what you've written with others.

mediated on Psalms:145, really enjoyed it.

• 3 months later...

Exercise. For one of the psalms in this lesson - or another psalm with a similar theme - do one of the suggested. These include such things as praying a psalm, meditating, reading to a shut-in, paraphrasing, writing your own psalm, singing, preparing a liturgy, and memorizing. Then report to the forum what the exercise meant to you personally or share what you've written with others.

I

• 2 weeks later...

I continued working on memorizing Psalm 61. I had started memorizing it, but stopped. I still want to cry out to Him, to run to His refuge, and praise Him as I fulfil my vows to Him daily. In addition, I listened to and meditated on Shane and Shane's song on Psalm 145. The truths of the Word become embedded in my heart through music. "The Lord is gracious, slow to anger, rich in mercy, and good to all." I continue to appreciate how these exercises help me to apply what I have learned in the past week and let me think about the Psalms as a whole.

• 3 years later...
  • 3 years later...

I chose to write my own Psalm again and found it meaningful to me. here it is. 

I will bless You O Lord 

You are greatly to be praised

For You are a good God

How can I thank You enough?

For all Your love

And all You have done for me

When I was wasting away in sin

And not following You

The least I can do 

Is to devote my life to serve you

• 11 months later...
  • Pastor Ralph changed the title to Lesson 9. Exercises