JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Q1. (Psalm 2) What does Psalm 2 teach us about Yahweh's "anointed" king?

Anointing was used to set apart to God a thing or person, like a priest. Here it is said that the Son is Yahweh's anointed king, He is set apart for the service of God.

Why do you think the apostles saw this passage as referring to Jesus the Messiah?

The apostle saw this passage as pertaining to Jesus because they equated the the conspiracy of Herod and Pontius Pilate that resulted in Christ's crucifixion (Acts 4:25-26). The "nations" refer to the Gentiles (the Romans), and "kings of the earth" and "rulers" to Herod, Pontius Pilate, and the Sanhedrin.

What does the passage teach about the importance of submission to Jesus the Christ before it is too late?

It teaches that submission to Jesus the Christ is important early before He comes and bring judgement on you.

Q1. (Psalm 2) What does Psalm 2 teach us about Yahweh's "anointed" king? Why do you think the apostles saw this passage as referring to Jesus the Messiah? What does the passage teach about the importance of submission to Jesus the Christ before it is too late?

Several psalms are called Messianic because of their prophetic descriptions of Jesus the Messiah ((Christ ) ----His Life, His death, resurrection, and future reign. David, who may have been the author of this psalm , was a shepherd , soldier, and king . We can see that he was also a prophet ((Acts 2: 29, 30 ) because this psalm describes the rebellion of the nations and the coming Christ to establish His eternal reign. This Psalm is often mentioned in the New Testament ( Acts 4: 25,26; 13:33; Hebrews 1:5, 6; 5;5 ; Revelation 2: 26,27; 12:5; 19::15 )

(9 Verse 2 )

" The Kings of the earth prepare for battle; the rulers plot against the Lord and against His anointed one. "

Why do you think the apostles saw this passage as referring to Jesus the Messiah?

Those who occupy earth's highest seats are fierest to oppose Jesus. The Herods and Pilates take determined stand. The council of the priests and elders meet in secret assembly. In the beginning it was so. The same hatered has defiled suceeding thrones and courts. Against whom is rage? Tremble, O earth, turn pale, you heavens. This fury assails the Lord Jehovah and His beloved Son. The Father sends the Son anointed by the Spirit to be the promised Savior, to execute the all-saving offices of Prophet, Priest, and King, to bless the Church with every blessing. And earth's chiefs combine to tread Him beneath insulting feet. Give ear! this is their frantic--" Let us break their chains," they cry, " and free ourselves from this slavery."

( Verse 12 ) " Kiss the Son, lest He be angry, and you perish from the way, when His wrath is kindled but a little. Blessed are all those who put their trust in Him"

Mercy still warns. It points to Jesus. It exhorts to give Him Homage, because it is His due-- to worship Him to whom all praise belongs--- to love Him who has so loved us as in our stead to die. It forbids delay. Until our hearts be wholly His, we totter on destruction's brink! One spark of kindled wrath excludes forever from salvation's way. What, then, will be their doom against whom. It is in faith. Faith is saving and the happy grace. It tightly clings to Christ. It trusts Him at all sseasons for all things.

1) The annointed King is given the nations to rule, the earth to inherit.

2) The resurrection of Jesus and the promise to come again to judge.

3) Jesus will come again to judge sin. The promise is to repent of -- to turn away from -- our sin, ask Jesus to forgive our sins, and we will be forgiven. We are covered in his righteousness.

Romans 3:22This righteousness from God comes through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe."

These verses:

12 Kiss the Son, lest he be angry

and you be destroyed in your way,

for his wrath can flare up in a moment.

Blessed are all who take refuge in him.

remind me that Jesus, the son of God has the Father's heart. Jesus doesn't tolerate evil, pain and disease. It reminds me of how quick he was to heal, to deliver, to comfort, to speak the Father's great heart to his people. He did not placate or "reason with" evil spirits. He commanded "Legion" out of the demoniac, for example (Mark 5). Jesus will most certainly come again-- we don't know when that "moment" is -- so the time is now to take refuge in HIM.

Q1. (Psalm 2) What does Psalm 2 teach us about Yahweh's "anointed" king? Why do you think the apostles saw this passage as referring to Jesus the Messiah? What does the passage teach about the importance of submission to Jesus the Christ before it is too late?

1) The term "Anointed One" or "anointed" means "to anoint, spread a liquid. Anointing was used in a ritual sense to apply oil to set apart to God religious items and especially people to divine service -- priests, kings, and finally Yahweh's ultimate King, the Messiah. Annointed would mean that he is being selected to lead the nation and should live according to God's will and boundaries.

2) Because they realized that Jesus was the God that has washed away their sin. And the reserruction of Jesus and the second coming of Jesus for judgment made them refer him as the Messiah.

3) 12Kiss the Son, lest he be angry

and you be destroyed in your way,

for his wrath can flare up in a moment.

Blessed are all who take refuge in him

The translation is "kiss the Son" (as seems called for by the text) or "kiss his feet," the point is that the kings and rulers of the earth need to submit to Yahweh's anointed Son with the kiss of homage before he comes with might to put down their rebellion towards him. It would be great to follow God as he will not let you down. He will bless us abundantly as long as we have faith in him and trust him.

Psalm 2 teaches that every knee will bow and that every tongue will confess that Jesus Christ is Lord.

The apostles were witnesses to the Lord, they heard the Word. With this testimony committed to their spirits it was quite simple for them to put two and two together.

When He returns He will rule the nations with a rod of iron. It is far better to serve Him now, willingly, than later.

If anyone looks at this-a great song based on this is performed by Rich mullins called "while the nations rage"

What does Psalm 2 teach us about Yahweh's "anointed" king?

The nations rage against the LORD and His Messiah (1-4)

The LORD has placed His chosen Messiah on the throne (6)

The Messiah (the King) proclaims the LORD

Q1. (Psalm 2) What does Psalm 2 teach us about Yahweh's "anointed" king?

The psalmist is speaking about an international conspiracy against Yahweh and his King.

The Apostle Peter preached that Psalm 2:1-2 are prophetic of the conspiracy of Herod and Pontius Pilate that resulted in Christ's crucifixion (Acts 4:25-26). The "nations" refer to the Gentiles (the Romans), and "kings of the earth" and "rulers" to Herod, Pontius Pilate, and the Sanhedrin.

Verse 7 speaks of an especially close relationship between the Father and Son, Yahweh and his Messiah, and Verse 8 seems to speak of a king that rules over the whole earth, not just the nations that surround Israel itself.

Perhaps it is because of what they heard God say about Him at His baptism. (Mark 1:10-11) The moment he came out of the water, he saw the sky split open and God's Spirit, looking like a dove, come down on him. Along with the Spirit, a voice: "You are my Son, chosen and marked by my love, pride of my life."

(Luke 3:21-21)After all the people were baptized, Jesus was baptized. As he was praying, the sky opened up and the Holy Spirit, like a dove descending, came down on him. And along with the Spirit, a voice: "You are my Son, chosen and marked by my love, pride of my life."

What does the passage teach about the importance of submission to Jesus the Christ before it is too late?

The kings and rulers of the earth need to submit to Yahweh's anointed Son with the kiss of homage before he comes with might to put down their rebellion towards him. To me this seems to say, submit or you will lose out in the end.

There will come a day when every knee shall bow and every tongue will confess that He is Lord. See Romans 14:11 and Philippians 2:11.

That His "anointed" king, his firstborn son, would rule the earth. All the nations will try to depose Him, but will be unable to.

With the use of "begotten" and "my son" the disciples would recognize Jesus as the one they were speaking of.

One day every knee will bow & every tongue confess that Jesus is Lord. There will be rebellion until the day of the Lord when the rightful King will rule forevermore!!

That He is King and Ruler of all that all should pay Him homage. 7 .I will proclaim the decree of the LORD:

He said to me, 'You are my Son;

today I have become your Father.'

8Ask of me,

and I will make the nations your inheritance,

the ends of the earth your possession.

9You will rule them with an iron scepter;

you will dash them to pieces like pottery." (2:7-9)

I think that they probably understand that in these verses that only the true God could place all the nations under His feet as it says in Psalms 110, and that the words You are my Son says the rest.

that with out submission we will all be lost He is King of Kings and is due our homage and love other wise He will have no choice but destroy those who reffuse to bow down to Him.

THAT HE IS THE KING ABOVE ALL KINGS

HE IS THE MESSIAH SON.

WE HAVE TO GIVE OUR ALL TO HIM ,BEFORE WE DIE IF NOT WE ARE IN REBILLION AND GOD WILL PUT HIS WRATH DOWN ON HIS PEOPLE

The anointed king of Yahweh is the Christ, who has been given all the power and authority, and has His foes under his feet. He is anointed for the purpose of ruling and conquering, by virtue of His obedience to Yahweh, when He came to earth to die a shameful death for us. He has constantly faced a battle, but the victory has already been given to Him.

In explaining the scriptures to the apostles, Jesus made them understand that His mission had been prophesied, and the apostles knew then that the reference to a conspiracy referred to their Lord, having seen firsthand the betrayal of Judas Iscariot.

All power has been given to the Son, and He exercises it till the end of time, so there shall be no escape for anyone who disobeys Him or submits to another authority (satan) because he himself is submitted to Christ.

:rolleyes:Q1. (Psalm 2)

Though all the good kings of Israel were messiahs (God's kings) it is really about Jesus the Messiah. God put David in Zion as king. When David died his son Solomon became king and so on. Jesus was the last man that God put as king in Jerusalem. Herod, Pilate and the Jews killed Jesus. Where Jesus died Pilate wrote, "The King of the Jews." Really, Jesus offered himself and God said that he was king.

Psalm 2 is not only about David and other kings of Israel. It is also about Jesus. The prophets said that Jesus would be king of all the nations. David never ruled the whole world. Jesus will rule the whole world. He will do this when he returns to the earth. Now he is ruling in heaven with God.

Verses 10 - 12: This part is important today. We must all become servants of the LORD. If we do not we will die. We will not live with Jesus always in heaven. When we come to Jesus, he becomes our friend. But we must remember who he is. Jesus is God! Though we are friends, we are also servants. But this is the only way to become happy and safe.

Gods own son is prophesised in His coming, how the leaders plotted to kill Jesus, but God knew what was to happen before time, He sent His own annointed Son to be King. God sent His Son into the world and who ever believes in Him will not die but will have eternal life and be blessed. Who ever does not believe would be beter off not being born. These things the apostles saw in the passage about Jesus were coming to pass, and only Jesus could bring down the rulers of all the world and be true ruler. If we do not submit to Jesus we will truely die

;) Q1. (Psalm 2) What does Psalm 2 teach us about Yahweh's "anointed" king? Why do you think the apostles saw this passage as referring to Jesus the Messiah? What does the passage teach about the importance of submission to Jesus the Christ before it is too late?

This psalm teaches of the opposition of the world to Christ as their King. The apostles quoted, in Acts 4, about the start of the opposition by Herod, Pontius Pilate, the gentiles and the people of Israel. It was through the Holy Spirit that they knew this. We can only know through the Holy Spirit.

When it's too late, It's too late! Believe on the Lord Jesus and thou shalt be saved. Acts 16:31. Man has the freedom to choose whether to believe or not and Christ is going to come to set up His kingdom. He is coming to judge the earth. It will be too late then.

Lord , Please through your Holy Spirit open our eyes and the eyes of our loved ones to your Truth set down in Scripture and to the folly of delaying that kiss of acceptance of our beautiful precious Lord and Savior Jesus the Christ.

Let us pray for each other. We need each others prayers.

God Bless!

Jen

Numbers 6:24-26

Psalm 2 teaches that Yahweh's "anointed" king would be conspired and plotted against. The kings and rulers would be against him.

The apostles saw this passage as referring to Jesus the Messiah because of the Father-Son metaphor and the begotten son phrasing.

This passage teaches that we are to submit to Jesus before it's too late because he and God are the same and we will be destroyed if we do not.

1. It teaches us that the Nations were against Yahweh and were plotting to get rid of him, but since He was anointed, they were doing things in vain. Apparently, they thought that they were plotting against an ordinary King that was not like most humans.

2. When the apostles realized that the prophecies that they had read about were coming to pass.

3. The passage warns us that we should serve the Lord with fear if we don't want to be destroyed. We will be blessed if we give our lives to him.

Psalm 2 teaches us about Yahweh's anointed King that He is the King (Ruler) over all the earth and there won't be any successful rebellion against Him because He is the Messiah, the chosen One of God, the Lord Jesus Christ. All the kings and rulers of the earth (as well as their subjects or peoples) are to bow down to the Lord Jesus and to serve Him as their Lord with holy fear as well as to rejoice (in Him) with holy trembling because when He comes again to this earth His wrath will destroy all His enemies (all the ones who do not bow down to Him as their Lord and serve Him), but all those who do take refuge in Him as their Lord and Savior will be blessed by Him throughout eternity, which is exactly what this passage teaches about the vital importance of all men and women bowing down before Him in submission before it is too late for them to do so. The apostles saw this passage as referring to Jesus the Messiah because they knew the Lord Jesus personally, having spent 3

* It teaches that when men or nations come against God's anointed one or ones that they have risen up and come against Him. The Psalms states: "The One enthroned in heaven laughs; the Lord scoffs at them. 5 Then he rebukes them in his anger and terrifies them in his wrath, saying, 6 'I have installed my King on Zion, my holy hill."

* A history of reading the word of God brought revelation and truth to light that they were in fact seeing the Word that had truly come in the flesh and was and had dwelt among them. This Psalms is just one of many that has spoken of the Son of God;

"7 I will proclaim the decree of the LORD: He said to me, 'You are my Son;

today I have become your Father. '8 Ask of me, and I will make the nations your inheritance, the ends of the earth your possession. 9 You will rule them with an iron scepter; you will dash them to pieces like pottery."

* That He will one day rule as King over all the earth.

* That He is from the Father God of Heaven, coming as His Son.

* That He is coming as their Savior

* He is coming as the Judge.

"10 Therefore, you kings, be wise; be warned, you rulers of the earth. 11 Serve the LORD with fear

and rejoice with trembling. 12 Kiss the Son, lest he be angry and you be destroyed in your way, for his wrath can flare up in a moment. Blessed are all who take refuge in him." (2:10-12)

Serve the Lord be wise Kiss the Son. Submission of all the earth to our Lord. It is not good to anger God.

Psalm 2 teaches us that Yahweh's anointed King must be set apart for God's service.

The apostles saw this passage as referring to Jesus the Messiah because He is called God's Son that God has begotten which we find in John 3:16 that refers to Jesus. Also in other passages speaking of the Messiah,it says He will rule witha rod of iron,just as it does here in verse 9.

This passage teaches us it is important to be submissive to Jesus Christ before it is too late because there is coming a day when He will be angry and destroy all those who oppose Him and they will perish from the earth and God's presence.

This Psalm teaches about Yahweh

This Psalm teaches about Yahweh

Psalm 2 teaches us that Yahweh's "anointed king" will rule the nations with an iron scepter.

The Lord will give Him the nations as an inheritence.

I think the apostles saw this passage as refering to Jesus as Messiah based on the fact that Peter pointed to the fact vs 1-2 are prophetic of the conspiracy of Herod, and Pilate, resulting in Christ's crucifixion.

This passage teaches the importance of submitting to Christ now because when He returns to rule the new earth, it will be too late for salvation.

Yahweh's "anointed king" will be conspired against by kings and rulers of the earth. Yahew has installed his "King" on Zion, his holy hill. The "anointed" king is His son and Yahweh His father. He make the nations His son's inheritance. The ends of the earth will be His possession. He will rule with an iron scepter. "... Blessed are all who take refuge in Him."

The apostles saw this passage as referring to Jesus the Messiah because it went beyond the scope of David or any other King at that time. The scope being relationship between Father and Son; Rulers of the World brought together against the Anointed One; and the extend to which His Kingship would rein.

Verses 11 and 12 read: "Serve the Lord with fear and rejoice with trembling. Kiss the Son, lest he be angry and you be destroyed in your way, for his wrath can flare up in a moment. Blessed are all who take refuge in him."