JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Lesson 10. Exercises

Exercise. For one of the psalms in this lesson -- or another psalm with a similar theme -- do one of the suggested exercises to help you experience the Psalms (www.jesuswalk.com/psalms/psalms-exercises.htm). These include such things as praying a psalm, meditating, reading to a shut-in, paraphrasing, writing your own psalm, singing, preparing a liturgy, and memorizing. Then report to the forum what the exercise meant to you personally or share what you've written with others.

• 2 months later...
Exercise. For one of the psalms in this lesson -- or another psalm with a similar theme -- do one of the suggested exercises to help you experience the Psalms (www.jesuswalk.com/psalms/psalms-exercises.htm). These include such things as praying a psalm, meditating, reading to a shut-in, paraphrasing, writing your own psalm, singing, preparing a liturgy, and memorizing. Then report to the forum what the exercise meant to you personally or share what you've written with others.

PSALM 51

Oh Lord, I am weak

I have stumbled over rocks in the road.

I fell down and dirty did get

Thy best I did miss and your laws I did break

I am sorry dear Lord!

FORGIVE ME I PRAY!!!

have mercy upon me, O GOD

According to Thy Lovingkindness

According to Thy multiplied mercies!

Blot out my sins, Oh Lord

Wash me throughly from my trangressions

And my sin is ever before me!

Ever! Ever!... It's before my eyes!

Oh God... my failure I cannot forgrt

Day and night it haunts me, O Lord

against THEE....Thee only, have I sinned

And done this evil in Thy sight!

Wash me,and I shall be whiter than snow

Make me to hear once again joy and gladness, Oh Lord!..,

That the bones which Thou hast broken may rejoice.

Hide Thy Face from my sins

And blot out all mine iniquities!

Create in me a clean heart, O God.......

And renew a right Spirit within me!

Cast me not away from Thy presence

And take not Thy Holy Spirit from me!

Restore unto me the joy of Thy salvation

And uphold me with Thy free spirit!

Then will i teach transgressors Thy ways,

And sinners shall be converted unto Thee

For I have found out how human and weak I am, O Lord!

Deliver me, O God of my salvation,

And Thy Praise I will sing!

O Lord, open my lips and my mouth shall shew forth Thy Praise!

Sacrifices Thou dost not ask .........But a broken spirit.

A broken and a contrite heart, O God Thou wilt not despise.

I humbly ask of Thee, FORGIVE ME I PRAY,

And Thy Praises I will sing

And in Thy Path will I walk the rest of my days!

• 2 weeks later...

Ps. 2

How the nations are raging in war against each other even today!

The leaders are using their own people to take over other nations.

They are making their plans to take over all nations, especially God's Chosen Israel.

They are not coming together but for to fight against God.

They don't want to acknowledge Jesus Christ, nor be under His rule.

Oh, how God laughs at their foolishness--making something of themselves when they are not--thinking they can outsmart, out-fight God.

He then gets angry--He has given His only Son, Jesus Christ, all the nations to rule as He will in Zion at His holy hill. The earth is the Lord's possession & inheritance.

Warning!!

You kings of the earth, be wise!! Fear Him!! Worship Him!!

He's coming soon & you will lose your life forever!!

Joy & blessing will come to those who trust & take refuge in Him!!

After mediating this Psalm 22 I begin to wonder if the Old Testmant and New Testament continually reflect each other where the Messiah is the winner in both.

• 2 weeks later...

When I read these Psalms that talk of the Messiah, Am very grateful because the Messiah died for my sin. God did not spare His own Son, Jesus, from dying on the Cross. If Jesus had lived, the rest of humankind would have died. God sent His only Son to die so that we could be spared from eternal death we deserved and instead receive eternal life.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Psalm 110: 4a "The Lord has taken an oath and will not break His vow;"

God's word is true. He is a God that cannot lie. He has promised us eternal life if we are obedient to His Word. If we a faithful to serve Him, then He will be our God and Father and we will be His beloved children. John 3:16 For God so loved the world that he gave His only begotten son, so that everyone who believes in Him will not perish, but have eternal life. He could have sent His Son into the world to condemn the world, but instead He sent Him to suffer and bleed so that through Him, the world may be saved. God promises to be with us always, not just in the good times, not just on sunny days, but through all of our trials and tribulations. Always means forever and that is what God vowed to us, "Lo, I am with you always."

• 1 year later...

These psalms are awesome. For me to know and realize that God's ways are not my ways, that His ways are a lot higher and better, is just amazing. To know that God had a plan from the beginning, that Jesus was willing to give His life to bring that plan into action. I use to say that God's love was awesome, which it is, but not it is so amazing. I can see the ways God is moving in my life, and it is so amazing to know what an awesome God I do serve. I praise God for His salvation, for the relationship that I can have with Him through Christ.

• 3 months later...

Exercise. For one of the psalms in this lesson -- or another psalm with a similar theme -- do one of the suggested exercises to help you experience the Psalms

These include such things as praying a psalm, meditating, reading to a shut-in, paraphrasing, writing your own psalm, singing, preparing a liturgy, and memorizing. Then report to the forum what the exercise meant to you personally or share what you've written with others.

Exercise - I think of the song, "The Old Rugged Cross", and meditate on it -

On a hill far away, stood an old rugged Cross

The emblem of suff'ring and shame

And I love that old Cross where the dearest and best

For a world of lost sinners was slain

So I'll cherish the old rugged Cross

Till my trophies at last I lay down

I will cling to the old rugged Cross

And exchange it some day for a crown

Oh, that old rugged Cross so despised by the world

Has a wondrous attraction for me

For the dear Lamb of God, left his Glory above

To bear it to dark Calvary

In the old rugged Cross, stain'd with blood so divine

A wondrous beauty I see

For the dear Lamb of God, left his Glory above

To pardon and sanctify me

To the old rugged Cross, I will ever be true

Its shame and reproach gladly bear

Then He'll call me some day to my home far away

Where his glory forever I'll share

• 8 months later...

Exercise. For one of the psalms in this lesson -- or another psalm with a similar theme -- do one of the suggested exercises to help you experience the Psalms (<a href="http://www.jesuswalk.com/psalms/psalms-exercises.htm" target="_blank">www.jesuswalk.com/psalms/psalms-exercises.htm</a>). These include such things as praying a psalm, meditating, reading to a shut-in, paraphrasing, writing your own psalm, singing, preparing a liturgy, and memorizing. Then report to the forum what the exercise meant to you personally or share what you've written with others.

One book of rhe Bible I think of when I am going through a lot of pain and trouble is the Book of Job. When I read this it let me know that even though the devil will come at you with test that God know that you can pass the test that you are facing.And I look at job he was sick with boils from his head to his toes but he don't turn his back on God.

• 3 weeks later...

Exercise. For one of the psalms in this lesson -- or another psalm with a similar theme -- do one of the suggested exercises to help you experience the Psalms (<a href="http://www.jesuswalk.com/psalms/psalms-exercises.htm" target="_blank">www.jesuswalk.com/psalms/psalms-exercises.htm</a>). These include such things as praying a psalm, meditating, reading to a shut-in, paraphrasing, writing your own psalm, singing, preparing a liturgy, and memorizing. Then report to the forum what the exercise meant to you personally or share what you've written with others.

Mediated on Psalms 22. I never thought of that before, it became so clear to me. It was right in David's time, It spoke of the future of Jesus Christs, and now it speaks to us and what we might have felt like at some particular time. How glorious is our God, and the way He reveals Himself to us right now. To this generation and then the next. Word can not express!!!!

• 3 months later...

Exercise.

For one of the psalms in this lesson - or another psalm with a similar theme - do one of the suggested exercises to help you experience the Psalms. These include such things as praying a psalm, meditating, reading to a shut-in, paraphrasing, writing your own psalm, singing, preparing a liturgy, and memorizing. Then report to the forum what the exercise meant to you personally or share what you've written with others.

Psalm 2 - God rules

Why is the world engaged in a useless conspiracy against God and His Son?

We continuously hear the call to remove all restrictions!

Our Lord dismisses this stupid arrogance and rebellion.

He knows we will one day all surrender and fully submit to His Son!

My eyes have been opened,

And now I can see

The love of the Father

Given to me.

My Saviour, Deliverer,

The reason I sing,

To You I surrender,

For You are my King.

• 2 weeks later...

1 The LORD says to my Lord: "Sit at my right hand until I make your enemies a footstool for your feet." 2 The LORD will extend your mighty scepter from Zion; you will rule in the midst of your enemies. 3 Your troops will be willing on your day of battle. Arrayed in holy majesty, from the womb of the dawn you will receive the dew of your youth. 4 The LORD has sworn and will not change his mind: "You are a priest forever, in the order of Melchizedek." 5 The Lord is at your right hand; he will crush kings on the day of his wrath. 6 He will judge the nations, heaping up the dead and crushing the rulers of the whole earth. 7 He will drink from a brook beside the way; therefore he will lift up his head.

I meditated on Psalm 110 today. David prophesied that the Son of David has come to bring justice. Currently, he waits for the Father to release Him to avenge His wrath. The King of Kings will come with the vigor of a young boy. He will fulfill his mission as an everlasting priest. In majesty, He will lay his enemies to waste. Nothing will stop Him. A life-giving stream will renew his spirit. I am so thankful to know that Christ will overthrow his enemies in the end. Sometimes, it seems like evil is winning in this world. But, no, my God is a God of justice and He will make all things right in the last days. Praise His holy name!

• 3 years later...
  • 3 years later...

Paraphrase of Psalm 142

I cried out with a loud voice unto you, Oh Lord.

I am pleading my case before you

Telling you all my problems and worries

I am completely undone, yet you see my path

My enemies want to destroy me

I looked everywhere for help

But no one came to my aid

Then I cried unto you

For you are my hiding place and my portion

Hear my cries and deliver me from them

Release from my bondage so I can praise your name

And my brothers and sisters will gather around me

When you finally come to my aid.

• 11 months later...

Psalm 2 as a dialogue between the three persons of the trinity

Holy Spirit:   Why do the heathen rage, and the people imagine a vain thing? The kings of the earth set themselves, and the rulers take counsel together, against the Lord, and against His anointed saying, “Let us break their bands asunder, and cast away their cords from us. He that sitteth in the heavens shall laugh. The Lord shall have them in derision. Then shall he speak unto them in His wrath, and vex them in His sore displeasure.

Father      :   Yet have I set my king upon my holy hill of Zion.

Jesus       :  I will declare the decree : The Lord hath said unto Me, Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee

Father      :   Ask of Me, and I shall give thee the heathen for Thine inheritance, and the uttermost parts of the earth for thy possession. Thou shalt break them with a rod of iron; Thou shalt dash them in pieces like a potter’s vessel.

Holy Spirit:   Be wise now therefore, O ye kings: be instructed, ye judges of the earth. Serve the Lord with fear, and rejoice with trembling. Kiss the Son, lest He be angry, and ye perish from the way, when His wrath is kindled but a little. Blessed are all they that put their trust in Him.

• Pastor Ralph changed the title to Lesson 10. Exercises