JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Lesson 11. Exercises

Exercise. For one of the psalms in this lesson -- or another psalm with a similar theme -- do one of the suggested exercises to help you experience the Psalms (www.jesuswalk.com/psalms/psalms-exercises.htm). These include such things as praying a psalm, meditating, reading to a shut-in, paraphrasing, writing your own psalm, singing, preparing a liturgy, and memorizing. Then report to the forum what the exercise meant to you personally or share what you've written with others.

• 2 months later...
Exercise. For one of the psalms in this lesson -- or another psalm with a similar theme -- do one of the suggested exercises to help you experience the Psalms (www.jesuswalk.com/psalms/psalms-exercises.htm). These include such things as praying a psalm, meditating, reading to a shut-in, paraphrasing, writing your own psalm, singing, preparing a liturgy, and memorizing. Then report to the forum what the exercise meant to you personally or share what you've written with others.

OH CHRISTIAN. WAKE UP!!!!

" Wake up, wake up ! "

Put on the armour today!

Read the word! Fast and pray!

For Satan has desired to sift you like wheat.

He'll shake you and cast you to the winds!

He'll try and destroy your life, your goals and testamony too! "

So hide God's word in your heart!

So that you will not sin against God!

Wake up! Wake up!

Put on the whole armour of God!

( Psalm 27 ) I felt reading this God was speaking about being alert against the on

coming war of the enemy. (Spiritual warfare )

• 2 weeks later...

I chose Ps. 32 to meditate on this past week. We are so very miserable when we have sins we have not confessed. They eat away at us, actually causing us to be ill sometimes and ruining our relationships with others as well as our relationship to God.

We need to be quicker to ask forgiveness with the Lord so He may bless us & help us grow. He is our hiding place during these hard times; he is our deliverer, our instructor, our guide and our hiding place. If we are wicked, sorrows will come to us. Rather, if we confess quickly & turn ourselves around, we can be righteous & full of joy. In fact, that joy will abound!! Praise Him!

Reading a Psalm 130 has alsways been the Psalm that I hold on to in the rough times. It has carried me through the valley of death. Oh Jehova I love the not for what you are doing for me but just because you are.......

As I have said before for other Psalms, I have often prayed this Psalm 51 back to God by asking God for His forgiveness for my sins, and His restoration of fellowship with Him once again as I have confessed these sins and have repented from them. I believe that God loves to hear His Word prayed in this fashion spoken back to Him and in doing this, it seems to often bring me closer and more intimate in fellowship, worship and praise with thanksgiving to Him. Since David used the personal pronouns

• 4 months later...

Psalm 51 is one of my favorite psalms, verse 10-12 are especially comforting when I am experiencing a trial. I dont know about many of you, but when I am experiencing a difficult time, I pray for God's presence and the restoration of my joy. I dont ask God to take away the trial, but to grant me wisdom from the experience. I can bear anything except not feeling God near me or not feeling His presence.

• 1 year later...

In reading and meditating on these psalms, I praise God for His forgiveness and His mercy and grace that endures. Praise God, that when I sin I can go to Him and ask forgiveness. I can go with a repenant heart and know I am forgiven and I can be restored to the fellowship with my Father.

• 3 weeks later...

Exercise. For one of the psalms in this lesson -- or another psalm with a similar theme -- do one of the suggested exercises to help you experience the Psalms (www.jesuswalk.com/psalms/psalms-exercises.htm). These include such things as praying a psalm, meditating, reading to a shut-in, paraphrasing, writing your own psalm, singing, preparing a liturgy, and memorizing. Then report to the forum what the exercise meant to you personally or share what you've written with others. Well this week was for me a week of reading and mediating on the psalms about forgiveness and just relating it our our life and all that we do against the will of God for our life. This is so amazing to me, because I'm seeing my life as a life of not wanting to do anything but to love the way God love. I'm really hurt with the way many of use say we Love the Lord but we don't love our family are those around us. I have learn to just embrace His Love and spend my days just seeking his face in all that I do. I thank you Lord for such a wondeful change on the inside and out of my life. Thank for cleaning me, and giving me a pure heart a heart of Love for you.

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Exercise. For one of the psalms in this lesson -- or another psalm with a similar theme -- do one of the suggested exercises to help you experience the Psalms (<a href="http://www.jesuswalk.com/psalms/psalms-exercises.htm" target="_blank">www.jesuswalk.com/psalms/psalms-exercises.htm</a>). These include such things as praying a psalm, meditating, reading to a shut-in, paraphrasing, writing your own psalm, singing, preparing a liturgy, and memorizing. Then report to the forum what the exercise meant to you personally or share what you've written with others.

meditating on Ps 32

• 2 weeks later...

Exercise. For one of the psalms in this lesson -- or another psalm with a similar theme -- do one of the suggested exercises to help you experience the Psalms (<a href="http://www.jesuswalk.com/psalms/psalms-exercises.htm" target="_blank">www.jesuswalk.com/psalms/psalms-exercises.htm</a>). These include such things as praying a psalm, meditating, reading to a shut-in, paraphrasing, writing your own psalm, singing, preparing a liturgy, and memorizing. Then report to the forum what the exercise meant to you personally or share what you've written with others.

In Psalm 38, David exhibits a contrite and broken spirit as he again takes his case before God. He confesses to God that his sin has overwhelmed him. The psalmist refers to his sin as folly. He is bow low and mourns all day long. He is truly petitioning God for forgiveness and a place of restoration.

In Psalm 38, David exhibits a contrite and broken spirit as he again takes his case before God. He confesses to God that his sin has overwhelmed him. The psalmist refers to his sin as folly. He is bow low and mourns all day long. He is truly petitioning God for forgiveness and a place of restoration.

• 3 months later...

Exercise.

For one of the psalms in this lesson - or another psalm with a similar theme - do one of the suggested exercises to help you experience the Psalms. These include such things as praying a psalm, meditating, reading to a shut-in, paraphrasing, writing your own psalm, singing, preparing a liturgy, and memorizing. Then report to the forum what the exercise meant to you personally or share what you've written with others.

While meditating on these two Psalms I am reminded of the words of two songs

• 2 weeks later...

Today, I read Psalm 32 again but this time in the New Living Translation. This version stresses the joy that is mine when I confess my sin and allow my record to be wiped out. Guilt sapped my strength but I can feel great release when I choose freedom and purity. A paraphrase of verses 10 and 11: The wicked suffer much grief, but God's unfailing love is all around those who trust Him. So praise the Lord, O servants of God! Celebrate with shouting, for your hearts have been purified!

• 3 years later...
  • 3 years later...

Lord I cry to you for forgiveness

Have mercy on me, Lord

For before You and You only

I have chosen an idol

That idol being food

I seek your forgiveness

For my heart is both broken and tattered

My soul is also that way 

I come before Your throne

Seek Your mercy and grace

For You are my God

And I love you

For You are good

Paraphrase od Psalm 6

Oh God, forgive me for sinning against you. 

Do not punish me in your anger

Have mercy on  me Lord

I have sinned and gone astray

I have forgotten you

My soul is grieved and lonely

Forgive me and restore me

I am tired of fighting a losing battle

Tired of sleepless nights

Go away from me all you sinners

I know God will answer my prayers

Let all my enemies be confused and ashamed.

For my God will come throiugh for me.

• 11 months later...

Psalm 51

Merciful One, have compassion on me and wipe away all my sins

Wash my guilt away and purify me from all my sin.

They are ever before me and are weighing me down

It’s against You that I have sinner and You know my sins in and out

So Your judgments are fair and You have the right to correct and punish me

From the moment my mother conceived me, I was a sinner

You want truth and integrity within me, so teach me Your wisdom

Cleanse me with hyssop from deep within that I may be whiter than snow

Let me rejoice in You, let the broken bones dance in joy and celebration

Let my sins be hidden from You and the stain of my guilt be covered

Create in me a clean heart and renew a right spirit within me

Don’t banish me from Your presence nor take Your Holy Spirit from me

Restore my joy and let me be willing and Obedient to You

Then I will teach sinners Your ways so that they return to You

Deliver me from violence that I may sing anthems to the God who saves

Open my mouth Lord, that I may be unrestrained in my praises to You

Sacrifices and burnt offerings are not what You are pleased in

A broken heart and a contrite spirit, these will not go unnoticed by You

Delight in Zion and help her; rebuild Jerusalem’s broken down walls

You will be pleased in sacrifices offered in the right spirit

Then bulls will be offered in Your altar again as a whole burnt offering.

• Pastor Ralph changed the title to Lesson 11. Exercises