JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Q1. (Psalm 100) What is the predominant emotion in Psalm 100? How does this psalm make you feel emotionally about God? What are the reasons for praise given in verses 3 and 5? What are the commands in this psalm?

This hymn has been, and still is the delight of Christian heart. Its prevading note is a call to adoring joyful ( noise ) praise. Praise is due to our God, because of His sovereignty, and His tender care. May praise ever fill our hearts and dwell on our lips!

The feeling should be mighty in our hearts, It should be our chief joy to render service to the Lord. We are called to dwell in realms of Happiness and joy. Our whole existence should give a good report of His gracious dealings. His worship should be our constant pleasure

( Verse 3-5 ) It is good to call others to the knowledge of the Lord. This is a wondrous theme, and well demands our utmost powers. We should commend His glorious supermacy. But who can tell His essence as God! Each call us to proclaim Him in varied terms. We live on earth; Where did we aquire our being? His will called us from nothingness to be living souls. But we are His forever by His covenant-engagements. He has chosen us to be His favored flock. He has selected us to be the sheep of His pasture. It is through His grace that we are brought to revel in the rich pastures and to draw water with joy out of the wells of His salvation.

Shall we not then throng His courts with praise, and cause His sanctuary to resound with adorations! Again and again topics of praise abound around us. With joyful lips let us speak of all His goodness. It is unsearchable, un merited, infinite, everlasting. Let us here begin the testamony which can never end. From age to age His truth shall live; from age to age let joyful lips proclaim it! AMEN.

Q1. (Psalm 100) What is the predominant emotion in Psalm 100? How does this psalm make you feel emotionally about God? What are the reasons for praise given in verses 3 and 5? What are the commands in this psalm?

1. predominate emotion: "joy of the Lord" (no matter the current circumstance on the earth)

2. This Psalm reminds me of how safe I am in God's fold. I feel God's overwhelming love for mankind, His hospitality, the goodness of His heart in this psalm.

3. Reasons: We are made to be in relationship with Him. We are his people. He is faithful.

4. Shout for joy to the Lord...

Worship him with gladness...

Come before him with joyful songs...

Know that the LORD is God...

Enter his gates/thanksgiving... his courts/praise...

Give thanks to Him

Give Praise to his name

1) The predominant emotion in Psalm 100 is thanksgiving. Psalm 100 is clearly in the "hymn" genre. One of the most beloved psalms in the Bible, it has quite a history. It was closely identified with the "thank-offering" in the temple, probably sung when thank-offerings were offered on the altar. In simple, Psalm 100 breathes thanksgiving and praise.

2) I feel that is good and the almighty God. I feel safe as i can feel his presence around me. Psalm 100 gives an invitation to enter his presence and gentle command to praise. "For the LORD is good and his love endures forever; his faithfulness continues through all generations." (100:5)

3) "Know that the LORD is God. It is he who made us, and we are his ; we are his people, the sheep of his pasture." Psalm 100:3

Because Yahweh is God who created us. We belong to him, like a king with his people, like a shepherd and his flock. We are not alone! We belong to the family of God and are tenderly cared for as sheep. God takes responsibility for us!

"For the LORD is good and his love endures forever; his faithfulness continues through all generations." (100:5) - This shows the goodness and righteousness of God's character, which is more than enough of a reason for us to praise him all the time.

4) Commands:

a. Enter his Gates with thanksgiving

b. Give thanks with joy

c. We are the sheep of his Pastures

d. Worship him

What is the predominant emotion in Psalm 100?

* Joy, Thanksgiving, Praise

How does this psalm make you feel emotionally about God?

* Joyful, Glad, Understand His Goodness

What are the reasons for praise given in verses 3 and 5?

* The reason for the jubilation,Yahweh is our Creator, King, and Shepherd,

* We are his; Yahweh is God who created us. We belong to him, like a king with his people, like a shepherd and his flock. We are not alone! We belong to the family of God and are tenderly cared for as sheep. God takes responsibility for us!

* Verse 5 gives the reasons for our jubilant praise -- God's character. His goodness and righteousness (ṭ

The overwhelming and incredible emotion in Psalm 100 is joy, joy, joy. This joy compels one to offer sacrifices of thanksgiving to the God of all the universe who cares for us as our heavenly Father. He evokes such great love for Him that it is impossible to contain one's self.

We praise Him as our creator, His chosen generation, our Great Shepherd. He is good, merciful and He is Truth.

This Psalm commands us to offer Him thanksgiving continually, shout praises to Him, sing to Him, worship and adore Him.

On Thanksgiving week we humbly thank our One Provider for giving our small mission over 225 turkeys and trimmings for needy families who cannot care for themselves. We too thank Him for our Thanksgiving Day buffet, to feed the poor and homeless who come to the only true love that they have, Jesus Christ.

Thanksgiving & exuberent praise. So unworthy but praising God is what I do for sure.Know that God is the one who made us and not we ourselves and we belong to a King with his people and a shepherd and his flock.

I think the predominant emotion is joy-ie- shout for joy-joyful songs- worship the LORD with gladness etc

I feel

Praise dominates.

He is worthy of all our praise.

Because we are His people and the sheep of His pasture.

Make a joyful noise unto the Lord

Serve the Lord with gladness

Come before His presence with singing

Know that the Lord--He is God

Enter into his gates with thanksgiving

Enter his courts with praise

Be thankful unto Him

Bless His name

It is an emotion of joy, jublation, giving praise to God our creator. It give you a feeling of His love and mercy and of belonging to His family, being a part of His creation that gives Him praise. The reasons for giving praise is because He is our Creator, He is our Lord and Saviour. He alone is worthy. The commands are to enter into His Courts with praise. Make a joyful noise, give thanks,serve Him with gladness, Know that He is God.

:rolleyes:

• Q1. (Psalm 100) What is the predominant emotion in Psalm 100?
Giving thanksgiving and praise with joy

• How does this psalm make you feel emotionally about God?
Thankful to all his goodness, blessings, gifts

<H1 style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">Full of joy that can we give thanks to such a loving God</H1>

• What are the reasons for praise given in verses 3 and 5?
Because Yahweh is God who created us. We belong to him, like a king with his people, like a shepherd and his flock. We are not alone! We belong to the family of God and are tenderly cared for as sheep. God takes responsibility for us!

And so we praise him. The psalmist calls us into the temple to present a joyful thanksgiving offering, to praise him in the courts of the temple.

God is good and righteousness, shows us steadfast love and faithfulness.

• What are the commands in this psalm?
Worship the Lord with joy and gladness; serve Him with joy and make a joy noise as we praise Him for his steadfast love and faithfulness.

The predominant emotion is joy and happiness. I have this same joy because I am His and one day I will be with the Father in heaven. This is part of the reason for praise mentioned in in verse 3 that we are His and under His care and in verse 5 we have the promise that His mercy and faithfulness will last forever. We are commanded to tell others about the Lord and to serve cheerfully. We also need come into His presence and sing joyfully, praise and worship Him.

The main emotion in this Psalm is joyful thanksgiving and praise.

This Psalm makes me happy to serve a God who is so good, I feel the joy of praising and thanking him.

We are to know that we are his people, that he is good, his love endures forever and he is faithful through all generations.

This Psalm commands us to joyfully thank and praise him, serve him with gladness, come before him with singing.

THAT WE GIVE GOD THANKSGIVING PRAISE AND WORSHIP!

HIS LOVE ENDURES FOREVER....BECAUSE GOD LOVESHIS PEOPLE

PRAISE HIM COME TO HIM WITH PRAISE AND WORSHIP AND THANKSGIVING!

The predominant emotion in psalm 100 is joy. Whenever I read this psalm I just want to praise the Lord for His greatness and mercy. The reasons for praise given in verses 3 and 5 are 1) the Lord God is our Creator,King,and Shepherd, and 2) because His love and faithfulness endures forever,through all generations.

The commands of this psalm are, we are to shout for joy to the Lord, worship the Lord with joyful songs, serve Him with gladness,give thanks to Him and praise His name.

1. This Psalm is a Psalm of thanksgiving. This tells us that we should worship God with gladness because of what He has done for us and because He has created us.

2. We should praise God because He is our Lord and has created us and we belong to Him. God is good, He is faithful and He promises to love us forever.

3. We are commanded to enter his gates with thanksgiving by shouting for jor, with singing and worship.

This Psalm is a thanks giving and also an invitation to enter into God

The predominant emotion in psalm 100 is one of thankfulness.

This psalm makes me feel like praising God with thanksgiving in my heart.

The reasons for praise given in verses 3 and 5 are; God is our creator,he is good,his love endures forever and his faithfulness through all generations.

The commands in this psalm are; to make a joyful noise, serve the Lord with gladness, sing when we come into his presence,we are to know that the Lord is God,he made us and we belong to him.We are to be thankful,to praise him and bless his name.

The predominant emotion in Psalm 100 is that of being thankful and joyful. We should joyfully give thanks - not grudgingly give thanks. It is a real joy related psalm - where joy shoul fill our hearts.

I just want to thank the Lord for all that He has done for me! I am so thankful for where He has brought me and all that He has provided for me. I know that there is always trials to face but I know that even in trial and suffering I can have joy in the Lord and that I am never alone.

Verses 3 and 5 show us His character and goodness - which is our very reason to praise. What greater reason is there to praise our Lord and King than because He loves us. He is faithful, righteous and good - our Creator, Shepherd, King and deserves our JOYFUL praise.

The command of this psalm is to give joyful praise to the one true God.

The predominat emotion in Psalm 100 is the joyous giving thanks to God.

This Psalm makes me feel excided about God -- joyous, glad and thankful. It makes me want to shout for joy to the Lord for who He is and all that He has done for me and the universe.

The Psalmist gives praise to God for making us and that we are His people -- the sheep of His pasture. Praise is given because God is good and His love endures forever. His faithfulness continues to all generation.

The commands in this Psalm are to shout for joy to the Lord; enter His gates with thanksgiving; and His courts with praise.

Give thanks to Him.

The predominant emotion in Psalm 100 is that of thankfulness.

The Psalm reminds you of your purpose, of whose you are and why we are to be thankful.

We offer our praise to God because we belong to him. As our king and shepherd, God takes care for us and we show our appreciation in praise.

The Psalm commands that we enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise, giving him thanks and praise.

• 2 weeks later...

The predominant emotion in Psalm 100 is thanksgiving. It reminds me of my relationship with God ane reinforces the need to give thanks in all things.

We are to praise God because he is our Creator, King, and Shepherd and we belong to Him.

The commands are to enter His gates with thanksgiving, praise Him, give thanks to Him and praise His name.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Q1. (Psalm 100) What is the predominant emotion in Psalm 100?

I believe the prominent emotion in this Psalm is Thanksgiving.

How does this psalm make you feel emotionally about God?

Makes me want to praise Him and give thanks for all He has done for me and my family.

What are the reasons for praise given in verses 3 and 5?

Giving thanks that we are His.

What are the commands in this psalm?

Give thanks and praise His Name. :rolleyes: