JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

• 2 months later...
Q3. (Psalm 34:1-3) Why should we praise God continually? What are barriers to continual praise? What does continual praise do to our spirit? How are you training yourself to praise continually?

God's never-failing care demands unfailing praise. Sheltered beneath the refuge of His wings, may we sing gratefully.

( Psalm 34; 1-3 )

This precious record of experience is common to the whole family of faith. They have the common portion of fear and trouble, but in all distress their course is the same. They seek the Lord, They turn their eyes to Him. To Him they raise the suppliant cry.

WE all are gladdened by the like result. We are all heard---- relieved, delivered, saved. We never hang our heads depressed in shame. Oh! happy people! One, also is our grateful task.

We in our deliverance shout to the Lord in exualtation of gratutude. Our spirits are released from bondage and once more we lift our hearts in joyful adoration of worship.

In praising continually I am singing in the language of the Spirit all day. My thoughts are towards the Lord Jesus. There are times when I am in the car I am singing out loud, in the grocery store I am quietly praying for those around me, When I am taking walks I am thanking Him for all His creation.

Q3. (Psalm 34:1-3) Why should we praise God continually? What are barriers to continual praise? What does continual praise do to our spirit? How are you training yourself to praise continually?

1) "1I will extol the LORD at all times;

his praise will always be on my lips.

2My soul will boast in the LORD;

let the afflicted hear and rejoice." (34:1-2)

"Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances" - because he is worthy for us to praise him. He is the creator of the universe. Not only that, he has died on the cross to save us from having to go to hell and have eternal life. I believe that is more than enough of reason for us to praise him all the time.

2) We often find excuses that we are busy and have no time to praise God.

3) Continual praise will allow us to release all the burdens in our heart and cast it all upon Jesus. Continual praise will help us to grow closer to God and have a better relationship with God.

4) I am making sure that i do give thanks for every little things that God has provided me. And make sure that i am reading his words everyday. And also sing the praise songs and worship him at all times.

We should praise Him continually to transform & renew our minds.

Barriers are work, hobbies, illness, business and perhaps sin in our lives.

Continual praise encourages & lifts our spirits.

My training is to be willing to let Him be in my thoughts more often throughout the day--in whatever stiuation I'm in.

Thanksgiving Day is EVERY day!!

Why should we praise God continually?

* It renews our mind to God's ways daily

* It keeps our hearts tender before the Lord

* If we create a habit of praise towards Him, to be the first place we turn in time of need or trouble as David learn to do.

What are barriers to continual praise?

* Unrelated things in our life, the natural side of man

* Uninhabited things that take the place of worship

What does continual praise do to our spirit?

* Brings in joy, structure, victory, peace, trust, love, hope, renewed faith and a picture of Jesus

How are you training yourself to praise continually?

* Renewing my mind daily

* Giving thanks

* Having Him on my mind daily as I rise and as I lay at night

* Turning to Him in all things

* Loving Him and staying in perfect peace with Him in all things

Q3. (Psalm 34:1-3) Why should we praise God continually?

Ps 34:1 I will extol the LORD at all times; his praise will always be on my lips.

Ps 34:2 My soul will boast in the LORD; let the afflicted hear and rejoice.

Ps 34:3 Glorify the LORD with me; let us exalt his name together.

The bottom line is God is worthy of all praise! Reading through this Psalm I can see a great deal of motivation for David in praising God is the goodness of God. There are many references to God saving and delivering from fears and troubles (34:6-7, 17-19) and also references to His protection, vindication and redemption (34:20-22). There are references to answered prayer (34:4-6,15),and provision in times of need (34:9-10).

The pinnacle of all the glorious actions of the LORD I think is seen in verse 8

Ps 34:8 Taste and see that the LORD is good; blessed is the man who takes refuge in him.

The goodness of God is motivation for continual praise, and out of this sense of His goodness, and David

For he is Lord and he is good and his love endures forever; his faithfulness continues through all generations. The battles come from the world-too busy, too late, etc.-I praise him continually by walking out my day thanking him and for everytime a blessing comes I talk to him and say thanks. Praise makes my spirit sore all the way up to heaven.

God alone is worthy of our praise, he created us then sent His Son to rescue us and know continually cares for us. Our continual praise brings attacks from satan as the righteous man has many troubles, but God rescues him from all of them. I am now doing my devotions every morning instead of at night which I find is setting up each day with God in forefront of what happens during the day, which helps with training to praise continually.

So tht it become a way of life for us we are told in scripture that we are in all thing to give praise to God. He is our maker and creaator we owe Him our all. The barriers for me is the everyday struggles of life, the worry, and fears of the day, I tend to want to please man before giving praise to God, I try to remind myself but often fail. Praise is our hearts lifts and strengthens our spirit and draws us closer to God. Just trying to remind myself that in all thing I am to give God praise even in my times of struggle and for me this some times is hard to bring myself to do. I forget that I am the Lords and everything around me I owe to Him.

Q3. (Psalm 34:1-3) :rolleyes:

• "Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." (1 Thessalonians 5:16-18)

"... Always giving thanks to God the Father for everything, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ." (Ephesians 5:20)

-----------------------------------------------------------------

It is so easy to get so busy with the activities of the day that we forget to praise the One who made it possible for us to be involved in these activities. We need to strive to renew our minds so that we will be constantly praising God.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What does continual praise do to our spirit? How are you training yourself to praise continually?

We need to praise God continually to give God constant glory and to be constantly aware of how to serve Him in gratitude for His blessings. I am striving in my life to set aside times throughout the day to commune with our Heavenly Father.

BECAUSE GOD IS ALWAYS LISTENING TO US ,,,WE HAVE TO PRAISE AND WORSHIP HIM.

IT LIFT US UP ..BECAUSE WE KNOW THE LORD LOVES PRAISE!

BY PRAYER AND THANKSGIVING !

We should praise God continually because he is worthy, it's God's will for us to praise him, more people will learn of God's goodness and our minds will be transformed.

One barrier would be forgetfulness, I always remember that riches, cares and worries are what draws us away from God and from praising him also.

As I become a more mature Christian it is just second nature to praise God. When circumstances work out well, when I see the love of God in people, when I see beauty in nature, there is lot's of things to praise God for, but I need to make an effort to continually praise him.

We should praise God continually because His word commands us to and because He is a just and merciful God. The barriers to continual praise are unconfessed sin, not having a right attitude, and considering other activities more important. Continual praise helps us to have a joyful spirit no matter what our current circumstances may be. I've been training myself to praise continually by finding something to give thanks for when I first wake up in the morning and again before I go to bed at night.Then throughout the day, if something happens that I'm grateful for or I see something that pleases me, I try to give praise for it.

1. We should continually praise God because He deserves all of the praise for all that He has done for us. We shoud keep our mind renewed by continually praying.

2. Some of the barriers are our busy life styles that make us forget. It seems like we are always rushing to complete some kind of deadline and don't take out time to stop and pray or worship.

3. Continual praise keeps renewing our spirit. It keeps us in closer contact with God.

4. I take bathroom breaks to praise God during the workday and I try to thank Him for all things that I do.

We must praise the Lord continually because we are His praise. We were created to praise Him. When we negelect to do so we are walking in the flesh which usually leads to self glory. The two cannot coexist.

Continual praise is uplifting to the human spirit. When we serve our purpose we fully function in the manner in which we were created. It's a beautiful thing.

The only way I know how to learn to praise God continual is to just do it. It is a discipline and one that must be self imposed.

It is important to remember that we are to praise Him in the good times and the bad as our life is in the Potter's hands. All pottery must go through the fire. It makes it perfect.

God is worthy to be praised at all times! Some of the things that I feel that block or stop us from continually to praise him are the worldly flesh attacks or tries to attack us all the time...satan will sit back and laugh and carry on and say mean things such as you dont need to praise Him cuz he wont listen to you or He wont hear you...continually praise Him gives us a humble and joyful spirit and when the enemy tries to attack us look him in the eye and tell himto get behind yu and go back to the pit where you belong satan cuz i want to praise God only not you and that he (satan) is not worthy to be praised what so ever! i have been working on training myself just by telling Him no matter where i am at to give him thanks or just praiseing him...another way i been working on praising him is by listening to chrisitan music...i also use a prayer shawl when i praise him too.

We are to Praise Him always because of His great Love upon us. Even in trouble He will give us strength to see us through in that difficult time.

We should praise God continually because He deserves it for all he has done for us.And if we don't praise Him then it is very likely we will be complaining about something.

Some barriers to continual praise are, having our mind filled with other things,letting circumstances dictate what we do so we don't praise but instead complain.

Continual praise will draw us closer to God and cause us to be content with the life God has given us,it also increases our faith so that no matter the circumstances,we trust Him.

I am or I am trying to train myself to praise God continually by praising Him always even when circumstances in my life are rough like now. I also will put up little notes to remind me.

We are called to praise God continually, at all times. There isn't a call on us to praise God on Sundays and read our Bible the rest of the week. Our call is for praise to always be on our lips. Why? Because He is our Lord and most worthy of praise, because of all He has done for us. Because He loves us.

God should be at the forefront of our minds. We need to remind ourselves constantly to praise. When we get busy, wrapped up in ourselves, we often forget about Him, who is worthy of our praise.

By praising God continually, even if we don't really feel like it, we lift our spirit. We come to know Him more intimately. The more we do it the easier it becomes.

I have changed my study/quiet time to first thing in the morning. This has meant getting up early, but I have seen a huge change in my spirit. Because I start the day with Him and focus in on the Lord, He is at the forefront of my mind all day. I find myself continually talking to my Lord. Just short prayers as the day goes by. I have been truely blessed by making this sacrifice of myself.

We should praise God continually because He is God and is there for the saint in every way possible.

Our Father who art in Heaven delivers me from affliction and depression; He rains good things and blessings upon me consistently; He lifts up my broken, crushed spirit; He protects me from evil and the evil one -- God loves me and takes care of me. I will love and praise God throughout eternity.

God is continually working in my life, and I know Him, I cannot help but praise Him -- that is training.

• 2 weeks later...

We should praise God continually as part of the transformation of our minds. The barriers are in not making it a habit and letting other things take our attention away. Continual praise lifts our spirits as we lift up our praises to God. I am training myself to continually praise by always keeping my bible open - it is a reminder to me, not only to praise God, but to read the bible.

• 3 weeks later...

It is because of God that we exist and have our being. At any time He could 'zap' us and we would be in His presence in heaven. We should praise him continually-in I Thes 5:18 says in everything give thanks-who do we thank?? The Lord!! so many times our circumstances get in the way and we can't see past the immediate to see what God is doing in our lives. We need to focus on thanksgiving. When we praise continually it is then that God can be honored and glorified through us. Every time something happens I try to automatically thank the Lord.

We ought to praise God continually because it is His Will for us to do so. Praising God is boasting about His goodnes, His faithfulness, of who He is; when we take the grace of God lightly and fail to praise Him it develops as a barrier and our continued disregard for the majesty of God, always, will set a continual barrier to our praise. However, when we continually praise God our spirit is lifted and the more we do the more it become a part of who we are. I train myself to praise by intentionally doing so throughout the day.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

As we have learned from our study of the psalms, that the Lord is our deliverer, our salvation, our fortress; He watches over us by day and by night. For love of us, in spite of us, He sent us a Savior to redeem us. All that we are and all that we will be is by the Grace of God. He is a God that thicketh closer than a brother, who promised never to leave or forsake us, to be with, to protect and keep us, but Most of all to love us. He has kept His promises to us and have given us the greatest gift of eternal salvation through the shed blood of Jesus. If that alone is not reason enough to continually praise Him, look around you and see that the Lord is good and His blessings have not been withheld from you.

Barriers to praise come when we allow Satan to cause us to turn away from God. To sulk and not seek when God says no. To not give continual praise through trials, to ever look at the glass as half empty instead of eternally half full. To not give thanks , not because of , but in spite of. God continually shower us with His blessings, and we must give praise and honor to God as His ways are not our ways.

We must like David, when we experience disappointments, sit with the Lord and reflect on who and what He is to us and how he has continually blessed us and where he brought us from. When we do that, our spirits will shout for joy, praising our Lord for His goodness and love.

How are you training yourself to praise continually?

I asked to keep my mind stayed on Him. I prayed daily for that, so that Satan could not get a foothold in my thoughts. God has answered my prayers. I meditate on His word through scripture, song and constant talks with God.