JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

• 2 months later...
Q4. (Psalm 34:18-22) What encouragement does David give to the brokenhearted? What does it mean that God "redeems" you? How can we avoid condemnation according to Psalm 34:22?

( Psalm 34: 18- 22 )

Delight in prayer is evidence of grace. The righteous cannot be silent. The watchful Lord hears every movement of their humble spirits. He quickly comes to bind up the mourning heart, and deliver from the grasp of sorrow.

( verse 20 )

encouragement to the brokenhearted.) Jesus at once appears. We learn from this particular, to seek Him throughout these Hymns. He never is far distant from the eye of faith. When Jesus was lifted up on the cross, the soldiers drew near to break His legs; but He was marvelously dead, and so they touched Him not. Believers tread, also, the path of countless sorrows, but they lead to everlasting rest. No vital injury ensues. The Lord restrains the malice of the foe. There may be many wounds, but they are not to death.

How sad is the reverse of this sweet picture! There is a multitude who throng the paths of evil. The Lord's averted look to them is misery and death.

( verse 21-22 )

To be redeemed. by God means to me to be set free by the blood of the Lamb. I have been saved from the world I used to be in. I no longer belong to Satan. Because of the cross I belong to Jesus.

I am redeemed by the blood shed on the cross by Jesus.

How do we avoid condemnation? ( verse 22 )

The wicked embrace evil. It is a viper which will suck their blood. They greedily drink the cup, but it is deadly poisen. Seek the Lord. He gives His Son to be complete redemption. He gives the joy of His presence now. There is now no lonely day, and soon there will be countless saved . May we be there!

Q4. (Psalm 34:18-22) What encouragement does David give to the brokenhearted? What does it mean that God "redeems" you? How can we avoid condemnation according to Psalm 34:22?

1) If you are wounded, God is close. If you are brokenhearted, he is near. Reach out. If you feel trapped he'll redeem you -has redeemed you through Christ. If you feel guilty, he has given you an amazing promise: take refuge in him and your condemnation goes away. It is telling us that God is the almighty and he will help us at all time.

2) The concept of "redeem" several times. This word "redeem" focuses on the financial part of redemption, "to transfer ownership from one to another through payment of a price." In verse 22a, Yahweh values his servants so much that he will pay whatever is necessary to secure their freedom. We are redeemed by the shed of His blood.

3) "Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit of life set me free from the law of sin and death." (Romans 8:1-2)

Take refuge in him and your condemnation goes away. It is telling us that God is the almighty and he will help us at all time.

In conclusion, God will help us at all times.

He is close to the broken-hearted.

We can experience his closeness by calling on Him.

God redeems you--Jesus paid the invaluable price--His life--for our sins!! We have been redeemed!

We avoid condemnation when we take refuge in Him.

What encouragement does David give to the brokenhearted?

* "17The righteous cry out, and the LORD hears them; he delivers (nāṣal) them from all their troubles.

18The LORD is close to the brokenhearted and saves (yāsha

That God is near to them and all they must do is call out to Him. He is their deliverer and protector. God redeemes us from our sin through the death of Jesus we are passed into life when we deserve death. Only through God's grace and mercy can we have hope in Jesus that our sin debt is paid in full and that God removes them as far as the East is from the West. By drawing near to God through study and prayer we can be remove from our condemnation, we can have new life in Christ and a peace that surpasses all understanding.

I've been there. My heart has been broken. My spirit crushed. Yet I've experienced God there with me. He is there with you too. When your troubles crushed down upon you and you nearly lose hope, he is with you. Call out, seek him in your lowest time. You'll find him close, nearby. Reach out. Redeem means to be present and to protect you, buy back, pays our debts, to transfer ownership from one to another through payment of a price so much that he will pay for whatever it costs to set you free. By taking refuge in God.

The encouragement David gives to the brokenhearted is that the Lord is close to them and He saves those who are crushed in spirit.

The Lord redeems us by paying for our sins through the sacriface of His Son Jesus on the cross. We deserve to die for our own sins, however, God through His mercy redeemed us by the blood of the Lamb.

We can avoid condemnation according to psalm 34:22 by taking refuge in the Lord. When we take refuge in the Lord and His Messiah, Jesus, we no longer have to worry about our sin. There is no condemnation for those who take refuge in Christ.

1. David tells the brokenhearted that the Lord is always close if you have a crushed spirit. Previously, David tells you to try him and see for yourself how good God is. No matter what is going on in your life, if you call Him he will answer.

2. God redeemed us by sending His Son to pay the price by dying on the cross for all of us even though we had all sinned.

3. We can avoid condemnation by taking refuge in the Lord. Giving our life to Christ and living a righteous life will save us from condemnation.

David tells us that the Lord hears us when we cry out and will deliver us from all our trouble, he is close to the broken hearted and saves those whose spirit is crushed.

God redeemed us by the blood of Jesus when he died on the cross, Jesus was the price paid to have our sins forgiven.

We can avoid condemnation by accepting the mercy of God, by having faith in Jesus and claiming him as our savior.

When we are brokenhearted David has assured us that the Lord is near to us and we must seek Him to be comforted.

Through the incredible sacrifice of His Son, the Lord God paid the price that He Himself charges for sinners to return to Him. The blood of the Lamb was that price and we are redeemed.

By trusting in Jesus and walking in that faith, we cannot be condemned.

God is close to those who are brokenhearted,, He is our source of power, courage, and wisdom, helping us through our problems. Sometimes He chooses to deliver us from the problems. So when trouble strikes, don

God is our hope when everything else is gone. The Lord is close to the brokenhearted. In those times He has us in the palm of His hand and He will not let us go. We just need to reach out to Him and we will find Him.

God gave us everything, His most loved, His Son. Through God's love for us, His Son died on the cross so that we could be free, redeemed. He redeemed us, it was a high cost but He did it anyway because He loves us. We are worth it to God.

We avoid condemnation by taking refuge in Him (vs 22b). Turn your eyes upon Jesus and we will be forgiven.

"The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit." The Lord delivers the saints from their troubles. The Lord protects the saints.

The Lord delivers his servants who take refuge in Him from both judgment and guilt. Thus, we can avoid condemnation by taking refuge in the Lord God Almighty.

The encouragement that David gives to the brokenhearted is that the Lord is close to them and saves them and delivers them from all their troubles.

What it means for God to redeem us is that God will pay whatever price to secure the freedom of his servants,this was fulfilled on the cross when God gave his only Son and the Son allowed them to nail him to the cross to pay for our sins.

According to Psalm 34:22 we can avoid condemnation by being found in Christ Jesus,accepting him into our heart,who sets us free from the law of sin and death.

• 4 weeks later...

David encourages the brokenhearted not to give up hope or quit. The Lord who promised will always be with you even through the problems.

God redeemed us by sending His Son to the cross to pay the price for our Salvation.

We avoid condemnation when we take refuge in Jesus Christ.

• 2 months later...

Q4. (Psalm 34:18-22) What encouragement does David give to the brokenhearted?

"The LORD is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit." Psalms 34: 18

What does it mean that God "redeems" you?

This means that Jesus paid the price so I would be redeemed. Praise the Lord.

How can we avoid condemnation according to Psalm 34:22?

We can avoid condemnation by taking refuge in Christ. :rolleyes:

• 4 weeks later...

What encouragement does David give to the brokenhearted?

That God hears the prayers of the righteous who are broken in spirit, who are not arrogant and proud.

What does it mean that God "redeems" you?

It means that all who believe in Him and trust Him will be saved.

How can we avoid condemnation according to Psalm 34:22?

God's grace is sufficient. Trust in the Lord, be of good courage and he will strengthen thee.

" The Lord redeemeth the soul of His servants; and none of them that trust in Him shall be desolate." John Ball

• 4 months later...

Speaking from experience, David encourages the broken hearted by reminding them that God is close (the darkest hour is just before dawn), and that God will help the righteous when afflicted, and physically protect them.

God redeems us by bringing us up out of our sins and closer to Him.

We can avoid condemnation by trusting in Him, and serving Christ, following Him rather serving and dwelling in the World.

• 8 months later...

Blessed are those who mourn - for they shall be comforted (Matt 5:4) I believe this is in the context of mourning for the sinful state of this fallen creation and long for God's glory to be revealed. The LORD is close to the brokenhearted this is not just unhappy people but those who's heart is broken by the lack of justice and righteousness and hunger for God in this world.

God redeems/helps the RIGHTEOUS ... we are the righteous - if we are followers of Jesus Hallelujah! We are made righteous in Christ (Romans 8:3-4) Redemption means to be bought back out of slavery.. to sin and to the devil. We are redeemed by the "Blood of Christ." Col 1:19 bought out of slavery to the kingdom of darkness into the Kingdom of Light.

... no condemnation for those who take refuge in Jehovah. .. compare abiding in Christ (John 15:7) No condemnation - what sweet music to the soul (Romans 8:1) if we can only believe this deeply in the bottom of our hearts. We are NOT 'sinners saved by grace!' We are not sinners! we are sons and daughters of the most high God - No condemnation - praise the LORD.

• 1 month later...

David gives plenty of encouragement to the discouraged and broken-hearted people of God, including that we can boast in the LORD and rejoice in Him; because of His deliverance from all of our fears when we seek Him and look to Him; we are saved by Him and delivered from our troubles; when we fear Him we will lack nothing (that He wants us to have); we are to turn from evil doing and do good (for others), to seek peace (in Him) and pursue peace (the peace of God that is above human understanding); and our God delivers us from all of our troubles and is (very) close to us who are broken-hearted and discouraged, and saves us who are crushed in our spirits. God redeems us by saving us from our sins (buying us back from are old way of life) in order to then serve Him forever as our Kinsman-redeemer; and gives us eternal life in Him. Amen! When we take our refuge in Him as His redeemed servants, then we are not condemned ever because His Son, the Lord Jesus Christ, took upon Himself all of our condemnation of our sins

• 1 month later...

The encouragement David gives is that God is always with us. He hears our cry and he will deliver us. God redeemed me when He sent his Son to die on the cross for me. My god loved me so much that He was willing to pay in any way to secure me for my freedom. that cost was Jesus Christ. we can avoid condemnation by trusting in God, let him be our refuge, our hiding place.