JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q5. Response to the Birth of Christ

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Q5. (Luke 2:17-20) Great joy, praise, curiosity, amazement, telling others, thoughtful meditation. Which of these responses to the Good News are present in your life? In what manner do they show themselves? If some are missing, why? What can you do to recover these responses?

OH IAM SO EXCITED I AM THE DAUGHTER OF THE KINGS OF KINGS..I PRAISE THE LORD SEVEN DAYS A WEEK...IAM AMAZED HOW HE DOES THINGS ..HOW WE SEE THE SMALL PICTURE AND HE SEES THE BIG PICTURE ..AND WHEN HE DOES SOMETHING .YOU KNOW IT ..YOU MAY NOT SEE HIS HEAVENLY FACE ...AH BUT YOU SEE WHAT HE HAS DONE!!! I LOVE TO BRAG ABOUT GOD...I JUST LOVE THE SONGS FIRST HOW GREAT IS OUR GOD...LIFT OUR HANDS IN WORSHIP YOU MAKE MIRACLES SO GREAT ...THAT SAYS IT ALL... I MEDITATE DAILY BIBLE STUDIES PRAYING AND THANKING GOD..READING BOOKS ..YOU NAME I DO IT ANYHING TO GIVE HIM PRAISE..

I think the one most commonly missing from my life (and others') is telling people. This is generally because I don't like to 'rock the boat' or upset people. I do believe that a lot of the sowing of seeds is done through relationships and not through preaching to people (although there is a place for that) - I am talking of people who are not Christians. I am happy to share as appropriate and as questions come up but not to confront people. I certainly don't hide what God is doing in my life.

Over the past few months I have gotten into the Word more and more and have a real hunger for God. As a result of this time with God, I am seeing those other qualities more and more in my life.

By studying the Word, and seeking God those qualities appear in our lives. As we become more in tune with Him and His Word we naturally see ourselves doing these things.

Q5. (Luke 2:17-20) Great joy, praise, curiosity, amazement, telling others, thoughtful meditation. Which of these responses to the Good News are present in your life? In what manner do they show themselves? If some are missing, why? What can you do to recover these responses?

It all is a part of my response, perhaps not all at once, but at one time or another, I think I have felt all of it, experienced it all. I think, maybe, I have been a bit lax in telling others. Evangelizing isn't my strongest suit, but I am working on that, slowly but surely.

I think I have joy, curiosity (lots of it) amazement and praise as for the rest telling other is hard because as a human you fear rejection and with thoughtful meditation that is why I am doing these studys to get more teaching and understanding.

1. & 2. Great joy that I have God in my life. Praise is how I honor God daily. Curiosity as what God looks like. Amazement when God brings about miracles in my life. Telling others of a God who is so magnificent. Thoughtful meditation that brings me closer to God in spirit.

Trying to explain to others how good God is seems to be the hardest, because so many people do not believe and they have hardened their hearts to the Word. Witnessing is something that I need to work on. I get discouraged when they don't want to listen, but I keep on trying.

Since I was born again Christian I have never stopped telling others about the greatness of Our Lord Jesus Christ, and what He Has done to me in my walk with Him. It has never been easy but I always try as much as possible to tell them about His goodness.

All of the above. Sometimes I don't shoe them all but oh! for the Grace of God, He is quick to forgive me when I repent . What a GREAT & MERCIFUL SAVIOR!! We need to tell everyone that JESUS is ALIVE and that HE REIGNS over ALL...Show the LOVE that Christ has shown us, not just today but everyday..

Thoughtful meditation is something I do often, and it is sometimes caused by curiosity. The result of this meditation is joy and praise and amazement and peace. I tell others, but usually only after being asked because I try to avoid being aggressive and obnoxious. I think recovering the response comes through prayer.

I think that I have always been busy telling people at my workplace about Jesus. I have found that there are so many people who want to talk about Him, but they are afraid, too. They know that they can ask me. I taught ESL and most of my students were Spanish; they loved to compare our version of the names....Jesus sounding different, Mary being Maria, etc. We loved to talk of our religious songs of praise and the holidays.

My health went on the decline this year, and my time for medication increased. Thinking of death, one finds time to study what is after this life. When we get to feeling better, sometimes we take time off from studying his word.

I am full of joy especially at the time of his birth's reinacted at church during this month. Our Christmas tree is decorated with only Christian decor so our grandchild can ask questions and we can answer them about Jesus.

I am always curious about what Jesus did, does, and will do, and I love to teach Sunday School because God always does like he did with Moses, he lets my class speak in my place when I am speechless.

I praise Jesus and talk to him constantly in prayer.

all these responses are present in my life at different points and depending on the situation one or another may be more evident joy is especially appreciated by others when circumstances are difficult and i am at peace and joyfull.i think great joy is a fruit of our new life in Christ.praise also is continually expresed in giving God the honor due Him because of who He is and all He does constantly am aware how much we have recieved from the Lord and praise and thanksgiving flow from my heart and mouth...i think we dont appreciate our Lord enogh for what He has accomplished for all men especially those who believe his message and recieve him. am always amazed at HIS great love and patience with us inspite of our faillings i am curious to see Him in all His glory and to learn more from His word for my knowledge of Him equips me to witness more effectively and increases my love for Him .you cant give what you dont have and to be filled by HIS Spirit causes an overflow to others . all these wonderfull benefits and promises of God i recieved though faith in JESUS that came by Gods grace aloneit amazes me constantly how much we are loved and thoughtful meditation comes while i study and when i pray and thats when i see were He wants me to surrender more and what He wants me to do with the time He has allowed me to have.sweet is the time we spend quiet before Him and waiting for His instruction . the only time i feel distant or cold is when i have sinned or become busy and dont consider Him as much. confession and repentance always reconnects me

I hope all of them at least that is my wish I fell always amazed with the love and grace of God thru his son Jesus. I hope that in every thing that I do reflect all these when i tell others about him and what he has done for me and my life and my family's life as well as the churches life. When i notice that the joy is not there then i start thinking and reading the word of God and I ask God to show me in my life where I have come short and he will show me and then i ask for forgiveness.

All these emotions or responses are in me except one - telling others about Christ - At some point all the responses show up and Praise be to God !!!!!

It is so easy to get caught up in the secular Christmas holiday where retail store employees are forbidden to tell you "Merry Christmas" after you've shopped til you drop. I'll start with the last part and work up. This study has helped me with the "thoughtful meditation." It has made me realize that every advent season, I should do more than just sit in church in Sunday and listen to an advent liturgy while a candle is lit. That helps, but it isn't enough. Although I have a large family, this year I haven't concentrated on the buying of gifts like I normally do. I finally went and bought everyone a gift certificate at a chain book store yesterday. And my family will get my home baked goodies. My husband and I sent all the Christmas cards I had purchased to veterans in the state VA hospital --so in that way, I hope I've been telling others. At least I want those vets--the old WW2, the Korean War, the Viet Nam, and especially these young men coming back from Afghanistan and Iraq that they are in my heart and have my gratitude for their bravery and service to country.

Anticipation has always been the key word for Advent to me. I know what happened. I knew what happened since my mind could grasp the concept as a youngster. But I believe I could listen to the entire nativity story every day and find something new. This time, thanks to Pastor Ralph, I have concentrated on Mary, and I loved his story he sent today about Mary's servitude.

This is a good time to say: Merry Christmas. And may your new year contain peace and joy. It will if you have welcomed Jesus and told Him "Happy Birthday."

Q5. (Luke 2:17-20) Great joy, praise, curiosity, amazement, telling others, thoughtful meditation. Which of these responses to the Good News are present in your life?

GREAT JOY - is present in my life, for what Father God spoke through the angels is true! Has come to be!

PRAISE - My praise to the Father is a means for me to show my JOY, my Praise to the Almighty is the highest commendation I can give to Him, I praise Him for what He has done not just for me, but for the world, He has sent His only Son, the Messiah, the Promised One! It is sad the world does not have this praise in their mouth.

TELLING OTHERS - a witness, God made an everlasting covenant with the Jewish people, a covenant for them to be a Royal Priesthood, a Holy Nation, a Light to the World, so the world would know there is One God; The shepherds went out and I am sure they shouted to the world what they saw and understood to be true, the Messiah has come! I want to be a witness, I am called to be a witness, to tell others -- I do this by living a life that is pleasing to God, being a light to the world, looking for the door to be opened so I may speak of the wonders of God.

THOUGHTFUL MEDITATION - this is my time being with the Lord, for I am in the Word. It is my time of being in prayer, having those moments of just being thankful to God for what He has done for me, and not always asking for something. It is those quiet moments of giving PRAISE to Father God for loving me so much He gave His Son, who left His place of Glory, to be made a little lower than the angels, the Savior to the world, the Messiah humbled Himself, He has come as a little babe; For this I give praise and honor to my Savior, my Bridegroom! GOOD NEWS has come and my heart is full of JOY.

As the world is calling this a holiday, I call it a Holy Day, for the worlds Savior, God's love has been sent! This may not be the exact day Christ the Lord was born, but for the believers we celebrate this day, in honor, in praise, full of joy, for a Child has been given and from this awesome gift I have been changed, a new creation, what better joy can one have but this? Yes Happy Holy Day to you all.

Great joy, praise, curiosity, amazement, telling others, thoughtful meditation. Which of these responses to the Good News are present in your life? All these. As a Child of God, it would be difficult for me not to be all these things.

In what manner do they show themselves? In the way that I treat others and the way I help others in need. If some are missing, then I find a way to show the ones that I missed. By faith, I can help with others that need help or in need.

I believe I have great curiosity that is shown by my interest in studying the bible and trying to understand as much as I can.

Thoughtful meditation is seen in my life from studying the bible as well, and reflecting on events in my life and the questioning of my place and purpose from God.

My joy is increasing, as I grow in Christ and don't place my joy in earthly things.

My amazement almost borders doubt. It is so hard to believe things so wonderful and seemingly impossible, but I am overcoming pieces of doubt daily. It is hard to believe something as wonderful as Christ our Saviour.

My praise is increasing as a am studying the Psalms (also with Pastor Ralph) but again the blessings of Jesus are so great I sometimes don't know where to start.

Telling others is probably the hardest for me. It is easiest among believers, easier to those willing to listen, but I haven't witnessed to anyone that didn't want to hear. I believe this will get stronger as my faith gets stronger, but I don't want to be the type to tell others this is the only way. I want to present it to them, show them the life, and let them come to Jesus on His time schedule.

This has been one of the best Christmas seasons ever for me. Preparing for Christmas by studying the advent has given me a greater joy. I'm always astonished when I think about love's pure light coming to earth in the form of a baby. Our simple little Christmas play at church told the story of Jesus' birth and one father, who had never been there before, came to see his daughter in the play. Going to the nursing home to share time, music, treats and to praise the Lord with the residents, this is Christmas.

All of the above are in visible in my life. They show themselves in the following ways:

I have great joy and happiness in life in the knowledge that God is in control and honors His promises. I know who I am, who He is and where everything is going and where I fit it. I have certainty and joy in life because I am a child of God.

I praise God frequently both personally and corporately.

Out of curiosity and a desire to learn the scripture and experience God personally, I constantly study scripture and seek out ways to apply scripture, serve God, and experience Him in different ways.

I stand in amazement that we even exist.

I am a Pastor, jail inister, street preacher, and community activist for Jesus Christ. I spend a great deal of time telling others about Jesus Christ -- both in word and deed.

I devote time each day to mediate upon God's Word, spitirual things, and praying to God.

I love our God and I have given my life to Him. I am overwhelmed by what God is doing in my life and the fact that He considers me.

I have all of them but I think that Great Joy as described in the passage is something I have not reached. I'm surrounded by a lot of poverty and suffering by the ordinary person, I'm surrounded by disease and deprivation and perhaps these things hinder me from seeing the real joy in the coming of the saviour. All I have is hope! But the reality seems far away.

All of these are present in my life most of the time except telling others. I want to tell others but it seems I seldom have the opportunity.

Joy fills my heart when I meditate on Christ coming to earth to make a way for us sinners to be saved which leads me to praise Him. The birth of Jesus amazes me when I meditate on Him being God and yet humbling himself to such an extent for us. It leads me to curiosity to find out more.

What I can do to recover these responses when they are missing is to spend more time in God's Word,reading,studying and praying which will lead to thoughtful meditation,curiosity,amazement,great joy,praise and telling others.