JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q3. Christ Died for the Ungodly

Q3. (Romans 5:6, 8) Why is it so important to embrace the truth that "Christ died for the ungodly" (5:6), that "Christ died for sinners" (5:8)? According to 5:8, did Christ die for us at our best or at our worst? How does this give us assurance against the devil's lies about us being too bad to forgive?

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because this means however bad people are Jesus can still save them from the devils lies and distruction. The devil says you are not worthy. Jesus says all are worthy especially you. He loves all of us no matter how much we have messed up. He wants to take care of us. He is the ultimate parent! He loves us so much. All of us! He knows each of us by name and knows every hair on our head! How amazing is that!

Christ died for us at our worst,he died for the ungodly and sinners so that now,we will not think that we can never deserve Gods blessings and Glory for our sins,no matter how bad we think they are,and satan will not fool us into thinking we are too bad to even ask Jesus for forgiveness

Q3. (Romans 5:6, 8) Why is it so important to embrace the truth that "Christ died for the ungodly" (5:6), that "Christ died for sinners" (5:8)? According to 5:8, did Christ die for us at our best or at our worst? How does this give us assurance against the devil's lies about us being too bad to forgive?

I feel it is very important to embrace the truth that Christ died for the ungodly, although I often wonder why?? Especially when I'm sure that He could go through a certain number of people and find some really good ones and choose to die for their goodness ... but then there would always be the comparison factor - I am better than you because you did this or that wrong therefore, I am more worthy. I guess it puts us all on the same playing field, none are worthy except through His grace. According to 5:8, Christ died for us while we were all sinners, so definitely at our worst. I feel assurance against the devil's lies in the truth that Christ died to give us freedom over sin and condemnation ... because He died to sin, so also have we died to sin through our belief and as He rose above, so also do we.

Because if Christ didn't die for the ungodly or sinners it would of been without cause. Then this would be a lie, But since Christ can't lie we know that he died for the sinners so that we all would live.

Christ died for us at our worst.

Because Jesus Christ died for our sins so that we may live, and all that believenth in him shall never parish.

Because Jesus can't lie so what he says is so.

The devil always lies,so don't believe anything he says,he's a lie to start off with.

It's important to know that I know that I know that Christ died for me at my unregenerate worst because that is an anchor to the truth that I am loved by God and His love has been poured into my heart. Love reaches out, even (and often especially) to the undeserving. Not in an indiscriminate or enabling way, but with the desire for the best interests of another. And that's exactly what the Lord did for me. In restoring unworthy me to Himself, He has proved His love and commitment to me.

Accepting and experiencing that kind of love reassures me that even when I repeat some old sin again or embrace some entirely new one, the Father is just waiting to forgive me. I cannot allow myself to go by how I feel, because that's an area where the devil can influence me with his lies. 1 John 1:9 tells me what God says, and I must discipline myself to speak and act on the truth that my repentant confession will release His cleansing forgiveness. What tender love! The devil NEVER treats me that way. He wants to beat me up, torment me with remorse, and make me doubt that God meant what He said.

There is no sin now that is any greater than my original state of unholy moral perversion. If Christ was willing to die for that, He's willing to demonstrate His love in forgiving and cleansing me now!

1) It is so important because people need to understand the real concept of it, that God would allow his only son to die for the likes of people that do not believe or are not even holy, that is real commitment, that is real love, unconditional love. It's important people know this so they understand to what extent God has actually gone for us giving his only son. If God allowed this to happen when we we're ungodly imagine what he would do for us when we are saved!

2) Jesus most certainly died for us at our worst, dying for us to set us straight with the lord so that our sins would be forgiven. This is the reason God sent Jesus to rescue us.

3) This means that if we we're at our worst & God still forgave us , then he would and always will forgive us, there is nothing that we could do more wrong in his eyes. Whenever you feel uncertain about God's love for you, remember that he loved you even before you turned to him.

God didn't see a wonderful person He wanted to save--He saw a wretched sinner He wanted to save. He didn't look for the well, He looked for the ill. Jesus saves us as we are to become more like Him in time. Satan would like us to continue to wallow in our sin & shame and to miss the blessing. But Jesus is there with His arms wide open to embrace us in our filth and to change/clean us from the inside out. No one is too awful, too filthy, too shameful to accept Jesus' free gift of salvation!! No one is too awful, too filthy, too shameful for us to love & witness to.....

Q3. (Romans 5:6, 8) Why is it so important to embrace the truth that "Christ died for the ungodly" (5:6), that "Christ died for sinners" (5:8) According to 5:8, did Christ die for us at our best or at our worst?

1Co 15:21 For since by man, Adam, came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead.

1Co 15:22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.

It is impossible for us to exercise "faith" in God, if we don't understand why God sent His Son: God tells us, "as Adam sinned, we all have sinned and come short of His glory.

Our faith in God Almighty brings us to the "truth" -- Abraham was fully persuaded that what God had promised, God was able to perform;

We must have this same Faith, for it was not written for Abraham's sake alone, but for us also; we who believe the word as seen in

Rom4:24 if we believe on Him, God, that raised up Yeshua our Lord from the dead;

Rom 4:25 Yeshua, was delivered for our offences, our sin, and was raised again for our justification.

What is our justification? It is our acquittal, being reconciled to God.

How does this give us assurance against the devil's lies about us being too bad to forgive?

Satan is the father of lies, :ph34r: Truth is found in God's Word, fully persuaded! :rolleyes:

I participated in a prison ministry a few years ago and some of the inmates had this same feeling, they were too bad for God to forgive. By the end of the weekend, many realized Jesus gave his life for all, and that we were all sinners.

The poem "Footprints" answers this question. It is when we go through our most difficult times in our life that there is only one set of footprints in the sand, Jesus', because he was carrying us through these tough times.

This is not an answer to the questions as such - but I ask for all of you doing the study to pray as I start something brand new with our church. I am working on getting several to do this study with me - and it is a new way for all of them. Hope some of them will start replying here - but several are rather spooked by the newness of this type of study.

Thanks - and I hope to add some comments to the questions soon

Q3. (Romans 5:6, 8) 1. Why is it so important to embrace the truth that "Christ died for the ungodly" (5:6), that "Christ died for sinners" (5:8)? 2. According to 5:8, did Christ die for us at our best or at our worst? 3. How does this give us assurance against the devil's lies about us being too bad to forgive?

1. Even as the wretch that I am, in my deepest, darkest valley of this physical life, there is always hope. I

Because He alone is our means for salvation without the faith that He died for our sins we remain in those sin and are lost. He died while we were yet sinners so it was at our worst. He can and died that all men could be saved through His name and a belief that He is whom He claims to be. It gives us hope that we are the chosen of God, if Jesus would dies for us then we must be greatly loved by God and therefore as Romans says nothing can take us from His hand.

There can be no greater love than to lay down your life for your friends, how much greater than to lay down one's life for an enemy?

Such is the love of the Son, ordered by the Father and to embrace this is to learn God's love. This lesson, to be an enemy, still to be loved is the soul, the heart, the essence of our faith. Nothing that we can learn is of more importance than this.

Our victory over the Adverary is complete and we are forgiven. It is made so by a love that will never die or fade away. When we were at our worst Jesus gave His all. Now that we are His, covered by His blood, the devil can have no part in us and we are always the Lord's and always forgiven. That is a "Blessed Assurance".

It is important to embrace this truth because of John3:16 For God So loved the world that He gave His only Begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life. This is the truth. Christ died for us at our worst because Is. 64:6 a clause says our rightousness are as filthy rags. And as for as our enemy, he is the master of lies.

Christ died for the sinners. He came to earth to save the lost. We have to embrace this truth that all of us were sinners in the eyes of God before Jesus Christ shed his blood to wash away our sins. He died on the cross so that we may also die with our sins in Him.

While we were still sinners, our best was not good enough in the eyes of God. We were self righteous, full of covetousness and pride. The devil does not want us to leave him. He wants us to remain defeated, helpless and weak. He will see to it that we don't even think of going back to God.

Before The Holy Spirit ever entered us Christ died for us that had no power. When we were in our deepest sin God loved us so much that He sent His ONE & ONLY SON to atone for our sin. Our sin, not His, because He was without sin. When we were at our worst, He showed His Love.

The devil can say anything, but we must remember that he is the father of lies, and we know that God is love and He is ready to forgive us at ALL times. We will sin because we are not a perfect people, but God is quick to forgive. There is no sin that God will not forgive!!!!! Just ask!!!

Because this is very amazing Love that I can not tell, God sent Jesus to die for us, not because we were good enough, but just because He Loved us.

We were weak and hopeless because we could do nothing on our own to save ourselves. Someone had to come and rescue us, Christ came at exactly the right time.

The devil is alier, God Loved to us even before we turned to Him.

Q3. (Romans 5:6, 8) Why is it so important to embrace the truth that "Christ died for the ungodly" (5:6), that "Christ died for sinners" (5:8)?

He died for me before there was any illusion of self effort or "goodness" on my part toward Salvation. I was totally lost and helpless to climb out of the pit of sin. Early on, as a new believer I said "I found Jesus"...then I read "No one comes to Me unless He has been drawn by My Father".John 6:44, and "You have not chosen Me, but I have chosen you" John 15:16 What a joy to know that I had nothing to do except to respond to my Father's drawing me to Jesus, and that He drew me when I was a lost and wicked sinner. What great love He has for His children!

According to 5:8, did Christ die for us at our best or at our worst?

He died for me at my very worst!

How does this give us assurance against the devil's lies about us being too bad to forgive?

It magnifies what a liar and deceiver Satan is...I knew I was a sinner, and learned that God loved me and died for me BEFORE I had a shred of righteousness, through faith in His cleansing blood for me. His blood covers ALL my sin. There is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus!

We have to embrace this fact because if he didn't die for sinners which we all are then we have no hope of salvation. We know thats why God sent his son to redeem us from our sins thus giving us eternal life. If he waited till we were good to save us none of us would be saved because he said not one of us was good we were born with a sin nature. Thats why it took his death on the cross to save us.