JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q4. Reconciliation

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Q4. (Romans 5:9-11) What does "reconciliation" mean? Why is reconciliation with God necessary? We understand our having been saved by Jesus' death (5:10a, past tense). In what sense are we being saved (5:10b, present tense) by his life? What is Jesus doing for us in the present?

Reconciliation means to be on the same side when you previously have been on oposing sides. So it is important to be on the same side as God so we live by his ways not ours. Jesus showed us by his life how to live. We are to live as him now so we can give him the glory. Jesus helps us to be more like him day by day.

Q4. (Romans 5:9-11) What does "reconciliation" mean? Why is reconciliation with God necessary? We understand our having been saved by Jesus' death (5:10a, past tense). In what sense are we being saved (5:10b, present tense) by his life? What is Jesus doing for us in the present?

Reonciliation would mean making amends - making things right, righting the wrong. Reconciliation with God is necessary for our future life with Him. God is without sin, we are sinful creatures. In order for us to be with God in the everafter, we must be reconciled to sin. By Jesus' dying, he overcame sin, by His resurrection he overcame death, death and sin walk hand in hand. So by our belief in Jesus as our Messiah, he has then saved us from death and slowly we evolve into a Christ like being through reading the Bible and learning His ways.

Reconciliation Means to turn around, go in the other direction, change your ways, repent.

Reconciliation with God is necessary so that we can be like God in his ways.

Jesus gives us a way out of sin and to be sinful by washing away our sins with his blood so that we can recieve the Holy Spirit.

Jesus gives us free will to recieve the Holy Ghost and prepairs us to recieve the Holy Father.

Q4. What does "reconciliation" mean? Why is reconciliation with God necessary? We understand our having been saved by Jesus' death (5:10a, past tense). In what sense are we being saved (5:10b, present tense) by his life? What is Jesus doing for us in the present?

1) Reconciliation means to make amends, to restore a friendship.

2) Reconciliation is necessary because if we had not been reconciled we would have to be punished for all our sins, so that we could be reconciled. Now we can rejoice in God through Christ's work.

3) We are being saved in the context that our sins have been paid for there for we are free from condemnation if we belong, we have been reconciled, saved by his blood praise the Lord Jesus Christ!

4) Even today Jesus is setting people free because of what he did years ago, he is hope for all mankind, he send's and fills us with the holy spirit, he free's us from the sin that leads to death.

Reconciliation means a bringing together of two parties separated by sin/hostility.

God cannot accept us on our own merit--He is too holy. We want/need peace with God.

Our life is an ongoing growing relationship with God where He works in & through us--bringing us closer to Christlikeness.

Presently He is growing us through various tests & trials.

Well, I like Pastor Ralph's definition of reconciliation just fine: the exchange of hostility for a friendly relationship. It's the restoration of harmony and friendship between 2 estranged parties. Human rebellion against the LORD caused a breach between God and man that only God could overcome. Without His intervention to make us holy and acceptable, we would all have been forever doomed to eternity apart from Him in eternal darkness and death.

In humility, Christ's death secured our reconciliation with God. And in glory, Christ's life is securing our transformation to holiness through the presence of his Holy Spirit within the believer - a transformation that saves us from many things in this earthly life. But most importantly, He lives today as our intercessor and advocate before the Father. The work of salvation in us and eternal life for us is being perfected and will be brought to completion because He lives!

When I was a child and my father punished me, it took me a while to be able to talk with him again because I was afraid when he saw me, he saw what I did wrong. Once this passed, I was able to resume a normal, loving relationship with my father. (This didn't happen often, I have a great dad!) I think this is what reconcilliation means, being able to resume a normal relationship again and knowing the one we are talking with do not see our falts.

Jesus is showing us when we repent for our sins, we are no longer looked at as a failure, but as someone God wants to have a relationship with.

Q4. (Romans 5:9-11) What does "reconciliation" mean? Why is reconciliation with God necessary?

Brought back into harmonious relationship, all hostility having been removed. Without reconcilation with Him, we are lost in our sins and destined for eternity in hell, apart from Him who laid down His life for us.

We understand our having been saved by Jesus' death (5:10a, past tense). In what sense are we being saved (5:10b, present tense) by his life?

I am being saved and daily delivered from the dominion of sin through His resurrection life.

What is Jesus doing for us in the present?

Where do I start??? He's restoring me to a sound mind from years of violence, parental death threats, sexual, emotional, and physical abuse, He's reparenting me as my loving and tender Father; He's filled my heart with love for Him and for others. He comforts me. He's my daily provision for all things necessary to life, He's my healer. He's delivered me in the past and continues to deliver me from the strongholds and bondages that took root from the abuse and mistrust of those who were my caretakers. He's taught me to be a quick forgiver, even as He forgives me. He's building His character in me through trials and tribulation, and conforming me to the image of His Son.(Rom 8:28,29). He demonstrates His faithfulness every day and is fulfilling promises to me from His Word. He's taking me from glory to glory. He's demonstrating that I am to enjoy Him and to know Him, even as I make Him known to others....that's huge: He gives me opportunites to share His love and the Gospel with others almost daily! And as He has reconciled me to Him, He's reconciling family members who have been estranged from not only Him but from one another....He is the Mighty Warrior on my behalf! I will praise Him every day...oh that's another thing He's doing....He's teaching me to worship and praise Him in freedom and adoration! The only thing He's NOT doing, is condemning or abandoning me.

Q4. (Romans 5:9-10) What does "reconciliation" mean?

Reconcilliation means a change has occured, God doesn't look at us as His enemy, there is harmony in its place.

Why is reconciliation with God necessary?

Death is God's justice for sin, the wages of sin is death.

God's love for mankind was given, God sent His Son Yeshua, to pay sins price, Yeshua gave His life.

Life is found in the blood, Yeshua's blood shed for us reconciling us to God Almighty.

We understand our having been saved by Jesus' death (5:10a, past tense).In what sense are we being saved (5:10b, present tense) by his life?

We are being saved from the power of sin. Now that we have been reconciled to God Almighty, by the blood of His Son,

we must strive daily to present ourselves to God as a vessel of righteousness; it is the least we can do for the reconciliation price paid for us.

What is Jesus doing for us in the present?

He is at the Father's right hand speaking on our behalf. He knows the trials we face here on earth

because of the evil forces that rule; Jesus faced the same trials, and yet He was victorious.

Before Jesus left earth, He prayed to the Father for us, that we would be made perfect, complete.

This is a process of growing in Him, with the purpose being, the world would know, would understand fully,

in their hearts, how great a love the Father has for us; God's love for the Son is beyond words and yet He sent Him

to pay the debt we owed, so we could have fellowship with Him:

And Christ's love for His Father was seen, for He came to do the Father's will. Yeshua set the example for us to follow = LOVE,

for the Son loves us as the the Father does, He paid the price. :huh:

Q4. (Romans 5:9-10) What does "reconciliation" mean? Why is reconciliation with God necessary? We understand our having been saved by Jesus' death (5:10a, past tense). In what sense are we being saved (5:10b, present tense) by his life? What is Jesus doing for us in the present?

The need for reconciliation implies that there is a problem in the world. That problem stems from the time of Adam and Eve when they took of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil in an attempt to become like God. And of course we know what happened don

Reconciliation means we have given up being ugly, hostile, and hating God and that we have become a friend, developing a friendship with our Lord. Our salvation was made when He was nailed to that Cross, and The Holy Spirit was released into our lives to sanctify us in the character of Christ.

Jesus is interceding on our behalf on a daily basis with Our Father. He hears our every cry.

We were enemies to God when we lived in sin. By is death on the cross, Jesus paid the price for our sin and thus ended our hosility with the Father. We wre reconciled.

As we live daily in His word we are being sanctified and gliding toward our blessed hope. In reality, we are dieing each day as we are being molded after the Lord's image. The Father tenderly works His children moment by moment so, we are being saved as we journey on.

Reconciliation means coming back to God, to have a good relation, forgetting the past.

it is God's will to reconcile to sinner, By the death of Christ is the only means that we sinners can reconcile to God.

reconcilation means we exchange a hostile ugly relationship for a friendly peacefull relationship.

We needed to be reconciled with God because of the sin of Eve and all our sin . god hates sin

and if he saw us as sinners our relationship would be hostile and angry. But Jesus reconciled us

to God. He died and his blood covers us and justifies us and makes us presentablein gods' presence

Now our relationship with God can be friendly and peacefull. Jesus's blood sacrifice changed our

relationship with God when we accepted his gift of Salvation.

God is now thru Christ's power in the Holy spirit works salvation in us now. the sanctification that

works into us the character of christ in us . God is bringing us closer to the person he wishes us

to be in Christ thru the working of the Holy spirit in our minds and hearts each day.

In the present Jesus is up in heaven he intercedes for us constantly. intercede going to god in our behalf.

From the lesson text, reconciliation is the "exchange of hostility for a friendly relationship". This means, that while once the reconciled parties had been adversaries, they are now living in a peaceful relationship. It was necessary for man to be reconciled with God to escape the wrath of God and eternal torment for man. As man still has a sinful nature, it is necessary for Jesus to continue His work. Jesus continues to serve us by being there for us as intercessor in our prayers. He is the mediator between us and God.

Reconciliation mean that God has demonstrated his love by putting us right with himself.The death of Christ has saved us from the future wrath of God.If God showed us such amazing love while we were enemies,imagine what he will do for us now that we have been reconciled to him through the death of his son.Reconciliation with God is necessary because no matter what may come we as believers are eternally secure in the hand of God.Resurrection and the eternal enjoyment of the presence of God are the end of all things for those who believe.May we forever stay connected to Almighty God and his Son Jesue Christ;"PEACE"

Reconciliation mean bringing back together that which is estraned or in dispute. Jesus Christ is the one who brings together God and man, with salvation as the result of the union. Reconciliation basically means "Chang or Exchange".

The reason reconciliation with God is necessary is when we confess our sin, we offer reparation and seek forgiveness restoration of a broken relationship between God and humanity occurs, but with out reconcilation the relationship stays broken.

We are being saved through being reconciled to God through the death of His Son Jesue Christ, since we have been reconciled (brought back together) we shall be saved.

Jesus is doing for us right now He is propitiation for us, taking our offer for forfiveness to God to keep us redeemed unto God and His righteousness their foreth we are placate or appease , better yey Jesus is making propitiation on our behalf to Father God.

To be reconciled to God means to be changed, not only us by God. Our sinful nature is changed and God's attitude to us changes, we are no longer of the enemy but of God. Though we were reconciled by Jesus' death, we are even more so by His resurrection. Christ lives in us, continueing to cleanse us that we may approach our Holy Father.

Q4. (Romans 5:9-10) What does "reconciliation" mean? A primitive root of the word reconciliation is to cover; appease, make (an atonement, cleanse, disannul, forgive, be merciful, pacify, pardon, purge (away), put off, (make) reconcile(-liation).To make compatible.

Why is reconciliation with God necessary?

You would have to understand Jewish Law to really get the complete picture of this, but I will give it my best shot. According to the law, a man can divorce a women if she has committed adultery. He must give her a written document of divorce and she must leave the home. The women on the other hand, can not remarry again, even her first husband, until her latter husband dies. This has actually happened in the scriptures.

Deuteronomy 24:1-4

When a man hath taken a wife, and married her, and it come to pass that she find no favour in his eyes, because he hath found some uncleanness in her: then let him write her a bill of divorcement, and give it in her hand, and send her out of his house. And when she is departed out of his house, she may go and be another man's wife. And if the latter husband hate her, and write her a bill of divorcement, and giveth it in her hand, and sendeth her out of his house; or if the latter husband die, which took her to be his wife; Her former husband, which sent her away, may not take her again to be his wife, after that she is defiled; for that is abomination before the LORD: and thou shalt not cause the land to sin, which the LORD thy God giveth thee for an inheritance.