JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q1. The Promise of Romans 8:28

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The promise, as I see it, is God has a plan for us, we need to receive his calling and be a willing vehicle for him. This means, for us to live our purpose, we need to receive his word and his calling, and act in his behalf.

The two qualifications are to love God and to respond to His calling. It gives me hope knowing that, if I respond to His call, my life will be fulfilled and His glory will be revealed.

The actual promise of verse 28 is that in all things God works all for the good. To me this means that He has some good purpose for anything/everything He allows in my life.

In order to receive this promise and its benefits, one must love God and respond to His call. He is at work for good to those who cherish Him and are willing to follow Him.

The wonderful hope in this promise is that success has already been achieved! The LORD (or His children) cannot be defeated by bad things. There is nothing that He cannot use for a good purpose in my life. Everything will ultimately all be good!

Q1. (Romans 8:28) What is the actual promise contained in verse 28? What does this promise mean? Put it in your own words. What are the two qualifications to the recipients of this promise? How does verse 28 give you hope?

The actual promise in verse 28, is that God works in us for the good of those who loves Him. It means that His plan and His purpose in our life be done.

To those who express continually love for God for both in attitude and in action, and to those who are responded to God's effectual calling for His plan and purpose.

It gives me hope, because it gives me also assurance that God works always in my life for my salvation.

Q1. (Romans 8:28)

What is the actual promise contained in verse 28?

If we love God and have responded to His call, God will always and in all things work for our good.

What does this promise mean? Put it in your own words.

We can be sure that no matter what ever happens in our lives everything will work together ultimately for our eternal good. Our justification is secured forever; nothing will change our relationship with God!

What are the two qualifications to the recipients of this promise?

They must love God, and they must have responded to His call.

How does verse 28 give you hope?

We have the assurance that our lives are not controlled by impersonal forces such as luck, or fate, or chance, but by our loving personal Lord. We know that God works for the good in all things that comes into our lives. We also read in the next verse, that through all these things He advances us towards conformity to the image of Christ. This gives us great confidence and is the source of peace day by day to know that God causes all things to move us toward the ultimate goal he has for our lives, namely that we may be like Jesus and thereby bring glory to Him.

Q1. (Romans 8:28) What is the actual promise contained in verse 28? What does this promise mean? Put it in your own words. What are the two qualifications to the recipients of this promise? How does verse 28 give you hope?

The promise is that God works in "Everything", not just isolated incidents for our good.

That is, "All dispensations of providence whatsoever, whether they be ordinary afflictions, or extraordinary trials, which do befall the children of God in this life, shall certainly be directed by his wisdom, and overruled by his power and goodness, for the temporal, spiritual, and eternal good of his children and people.

Blessed be God, the time of affliction is no unprofitable time, nor uncomfortable time neither. 'Tis a thinking time, an awakening time, a teaching time, a repenting time, a weaning time; therfore blessed is the man whom God correcteth and teacheth.

In Romans 8:28 God promises that no matter the situation that we find ourselves in, whether good or evil, it will be turned to His purpose for our lives and become His glory. It is our testimony that as Christians we are victorious in all matters pertaining to this life.

This doesn't apply to those who have not been called and those who do not love the Lord thy God with all of their hearts, their souls, their minds and, their strength.

Romans 8:28 is hope in action. As you see this scripture come to life in your day to day journey you are receiving a real confirmation that what we have been promised to receive at the end is as real as today's victory.

The promise is that God works all things for our good.

"Everything that comes my way good or bad God can and will work for my good as He sees good."

We must love God and be in His will.

I have a powerful God who will turn sadness and disappointments into good as He sees fit.

God Bless!

Jen

Numbers 6:24-26

Q1. (Romans 8:28) What is the actual promise contained in verse 28?

God works all things together for good to those who love Him and are called according to His purpose.

What does this promise mean? Put it in your own words.

Everything that comes into my life, God will use to benefit me in some way..growth, character development, turning evil to good...since I love Him and I'm walking in obedience to Him. That bumper sticker that says "stuff happens"???? It may happen but since God is always on duty, if it happens to me, it will enrich my life in some way in the end.

What are the two qualifications to the recipients of this promise?

That I love God and am called according to His design and purpose.

Psalm 119:91 says "All things serve God"...that means even Satan ends up serving God, in spite of His hatred for God. So, whatever comes, when it passes through God's permissive will for me, will ultimately be used for my good in some way....it takes the fear and worry out of life and removes the sting of trials, since there will be a good outcome for me. Even losses will end up benefitting me in some way.

"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose."

The promise to me is that God will workeverything out in my life that good shall have final domanance. He will work it out to all who love Him and answer His call for their lives. It gives me hope in knowing that God is in charge and He will control the out come of my life if I live my life for Him and show the Love that He has for me to others.

The promise here is that God is working for our good. It means that we have to trust him implicitly because he knows us and is caring for us.

The two qualifications are that we love God and have heard him calling us to his purpose although we may not understand it.

This verse gives me hope because it reminds me anew to not question everything. If I am quiet, I can hear God and not the echoes of my own questions. If I hear, I can listen and respond.

Q? What is the actual promise contained in verse 28?

Ans: God will give the best for us if we love Him. God will turn misery into abundance. He will turn our weakness into strength.

Q? What does this promise mean?

Ans: The promise means that God will use us beyond our imagination if we love Him and if we answer His call. He can turn evil into good and our weakness into strength.

Q? Put it in your own words. What are the two qualifications to the recipients of this promise?

Ans: We must love God and we must obey his call.

Q?How does verse 28 give you hope?

Ans: All I need is to love God and to put my trust in Him. I will not rely on my knowledge but rather let the God's wisdom guide me. I know that God will bless me according to the purpose He set for me.

"And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose." Romans 8:28 (NASB)

As pickledilly wrote, verse 28 is saying "that in all things God works all for the good."

To me it is more a statement of fact than a promise:

• Primarily, God's plan and purpose will not be denied; His goodness will prevail.
  • Secondly, those who align themselves with God and His purpose benefit from His plan moving forward (while those "not with the plan" will not necessarily benefit - and definitely not those who oppose God).
I agree with the comment by masika "that God works in "Everything", not just isolated incidents for our good." God is working on a much larger scale than causing everything to work together for your sake or mine; He causes all things to work together for His purpose.

Here is my way of putting it: The water of this mighty river will eventually reach the ocean, and if your boat is in this river with the same purpose you are carried along, too. You certainly benefit if your boat is in the river, but the river does not exist for your benefit.

Nothing can stop this river from flowing. It will go over or around any obstacle, and any deliberate attempt to block it will eventually be washed away.

How does this verse give me hope? That the "river of God" will prevail and reach the ocean, and that it is taking me along!

Q1. (Romans 8:28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.)

What is the actual promise contained in verse 28? What does this promise mean? Put it in your own words.

I a believer, called according to God's purpose, as I read in V27 the Spirit searches our hearts, I am called not to grieve the holy Spirit - instead, I am called to follow His leading; I am called to put away bitterness, wrath, anger, evil speaking. I am called according to God's purpose, to be kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God for Christ's sake has forgiven us - It is then that God will work all things for my good.

What are the two qualifications to the recipients of this promise

We are to love God and we are to be obedient to the calling of God.

God tells us, "if you love me, keep my commandments."

The promise is that God will work in/through all things for our ultimate good.

The two qualifiers are that we love God & who have been called by Him.

We may not understand all that comes to us, we may have (like me) failed miserably, but God can cause all these things to work for our good & His glory. We don't have the top of the puzzle box--we just have the pieces to look at.

The actual promise is that God will bring good out of all our affliction, our trials, persecution, and suffering. Purpose of our life is to live for Christ. The Holy Spirit is always interceding for us. What it means to me is that God is bringing me out of my sinful nature, drawing me closer to Him, teaching me lean on Him and not the world, and preparing me for heaven. I think the 2 qualification's are to love God and have faith in Him. Verse 28 gives me hope because I know I have the Holy Spirit living in me, guiding me, and I know that I can't go wrong as long as I keep mey eyes and heart on the Lord.

We should trust God and love God, no matter what kind of circumstance we are in. Because God don't give us up and he love us, we can grow in such condition. we can get much in our spirit.

The actual promise in Romans 8.28 is that God is always with his children in evry circumstance and will change any bad situation for their good. This means that God does not cause a bad incidence to happen to His children, He however does turn the bad incident for their good. A typical example of this is the story of Joseph in the Bible. His brothers planned evil against him but God converted to his exaltation and glorification.

The promise is subject to two qualifying factors: First, it is for those who love God. The Bible says that the test for loving God is by obeying His commands, walking according to His Word. The second is, it is for those who have responded to the call to follow Him (Jesus).

That if we love God , He will work a work in our lives for our good to full fill His purpose for Him . Every thing that we go through once we have been "Born Again" He carries us through for our own good as well as for His purpose for our life while we are here on earth. God is able to not only initate events, but respond to evil attacks. "He turn stumbling blocks into stepping stones".

When we have the desire to love God sure all means of evil will come to us , but if our love for God is more than our desire of the flesh God will let His Spirit rise up in us to stay on course and do that what is pleasing to follow His purpose in our lives.

THE ACTUAL PROMISE CONTAINED IN VERSE 28 " AND WE KNOW THAT ALL THINGS WORK TOGETHER FOR GOOD TO THEM THAT LOVE GOD, TO THEM WHO ARE THE CALLED ACCORDING TO HIS PURPOSE.

THIS PROMISE MEANS THE FOCUS OF GOD WORKING TOGETHER ALL THINGS FOR GOOD IS NOT UNIVERSAL, THE PROMISE IS VERY SPECIFIC AND HAS TWO QUALIFICATIONS. THOSE WHO LOVE GOD AND THOSE WHO ARE CALLED ACCORDING TO HIS PURPOSE. THOSE WHO LOVE GOD THE PROMISE IS NOT FOR THE UNCOMMITTED OR UNHEEDING IT IS FOR THOSE WHO HAVE A WARM REGARDS FOR GOD WHO CHERISH HAVE AFFECTION FOR HIM. THE SECOND ONE IS THOSE WHO ARE CALLED ACCORDING TO HIS PURPOSE THIS IS FOR THOSE WHO HAVE BEEN CALLED BEING INVITED THEY HAVE HEARD THE CALL AND HAVE RESPONDED. VERSE 28 GIVES ME HOPE TO KNOW THAT I AM PRIVELEDGE TO BE CALLED BY GOD AND THAT FOR THAT REASON I HAVE THE HOPE THAT I WILL SPEND ETERNAL LIFE WITH HIM.

The actual promise contained in Romans 8:28 is that all things, no matter what they are will work together for my good.

It means I can trust Him with everything that happens good or bad because He will take those happenings and turn them for my benefit.

The two qualifications for the recipients is to love the Lord Jesus Christ and to respond to the Spirit's calling us to do God's will.

This verse gives me hope because I know I need not fret or worry when things take place that are not pleasant or even sin, that God will use those to bring about my good and to bring glory to Himself.

The actual promise is that for the elect, for those who love God, he will make 'all things work together for good'. I like the example used in the lesson, of Joseph being sold into slavery by his brothers. God makes this thing work for good, by Joseph being raised up to rule over Egypt. The qualifications that distinguish recipients of this promise, are that they love God and be chosen by God. This verse gives me hope as a further promise that God watches over and takes care of His elect, those who love God.

God will work all things for our good.

Everything that's happens good or bad all our trials and sufferings is at work for our good. The good will be be our Heavenly home.

The two are that we love God and are chosen by him.

I know that by being called and loving God i will have eternal life through Christ Jesus and that he is in total control no mater what happens.