JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q3. God Is for Us!

Q3. (Romans 8:31-32) What is the significance of the statement: "If God is for us, who can be against us?" Who might our enemies be? What is the evidence presented that God is for us? How does this statement make you feel? How does it affect hope? How does it allow you to act? What might: "...graciously give us all things" refer to?

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who might our enemies be? First, ourselves, we are always our own worst enemies. Second would be those we hold closest to us, those whose influence us the most. Third would be the rest of the world, allowing the wants and desires of the world to come down upon us.

Our evidence that God is for us is Jesus, he was given to us as a gift and a sacrifice. I like the saying, if God is for us, who can be against us. This gives me great security.

Q3. (Romans 8:31-32) What is the significance of the statement: "If God is for us, who can be against us?" Who might our enemies be? What is the evidence presented that God is for us? How does this statement make you feel? How does it affect hope? How does it allow you to act? What might: "...graciously give us all things" refer to?

"If God is for us, who can be against us?" means that we believers are triumphant in all things. our enemies? the worst enemy is ourselves, then those people around us, then the world. the evidence that God is for us, He involves in our dilemma, so that His plan be accomplish. and this plan is by handing over His Son in our behalf. with Christ, God will give us all things graciously.

This statement is telling us that nothing can be succesfully against us because God is all powerful. We are already told that God can work all things for our good if we will love Him and ask Him. When we are overwhelmed with the harshness of circumstances and people it is such a comfort to go to this verse.

The Bible states that our enemies are not flesh and blood but spiritual forces of darkness whose chief is Satan himself. However we are victors in Christ who has conquered our foe.

God graciously gives us all things to live righteously for Him.

And I love knowing that when I am faithless He is faithful. He didn't just drop me off here and then dump me when I am not what I should be. Maybe people do but my God never has. He is with me to the end when He takes me home.

God Bless!

Jen

Numbers6:24-26

Scripture has identified three enemies. But the flesh, the world, nor the devil are a match for the power of God. When we profess belief in Christ as Savior, the powerful presence of God comes to dwell in us. As we submit to this power at work within and allow Him to fight our battles, there is no enemy coming against us that can win. He cannot be overthrown or deceived or weakened!

God has given abundant evidence that He is for us. Pastor Ralph's list of Scriptures showed that. It would make no sense at all for someone to sacrifice so much for something/someone without the committed determination to guard and keep it with all your might. He has promised that nothing can take me out of His hand, that He will never leave or forsake me, that I am His forever, that He will complete His good work in me, that I am more than a conqueror. As long as I think rightly and walk in the Spirit, this gives me hope, security, and courage to face life with confidence. I know who I am in Christ, and that's the source of true self-worth.

"All things" means all things He has promised through Christ in this life and eternity!

Q3. (Romans 8:31-32) What is the significance of the statement: "If God is for us, who can be against us?"

Who can be our foe if God is on our side? He is all powerful, the Mighty Warrior God, and has secured Victory over everything that my enemy can throw against me. Ps. 119:91 says that "all things serve God", so even the enemy in his attempts to destroy me ends up assisting God in moving me toward my destiny as the Bride of Christ without spot or wrinkle, who will be like Him "on that day".

Who might our enemies be?

ultimately, Satan is, and his underling demons who oppress and oppose us, through people and whatever means he can come up with...and lots of "D" words, depression, discouragement, delays, disasters, dismay, debacles.....But Satan is a defeated foe...defanged, declawed, with only the power I ascribe to him.

What is the evidence presented that God is for us?

God did not spare His own Son, but gave Him up for us all! He Himself laid down His life to deliver us from sin, oppression, death. His is the victory. No enemy can withstand the power of the Blood of Jesus!

How does this statement make you feel?

Such gratitude It's difficult to find words...I just rejoice in knowing that I am so loved, that I wasn't an after thought, but His provision was made for me to spend Eternity with Him as His child, before Adam and Eve fell and brought humanity into Satan's control and death.

How does it affect hope?

No matter what trials, persecution, opposition, delays, or other difficulties, God is on my side, and has promised to never leave me nor forsake me, and that He has given me the victory in Him.

How does it allow you to act?

As His beloved daughter, in the inner part of the palace, (my clothing wrought with golden needlework), and with gladness and rejoicing, knowing I am His and will one day be brought to Him. Ps. 45:13-15. (Most of the time I act like that....sometimes I forget who I am and act like a frightened step child!)

What might: "...graciously give us all things" refer to?

It says "also with Him"...so Jesus is the main gift, and if He isn't wonderful enough, He gives us life, breath, our bodies, salvation, eternal life with Him, food, clothing, shelter, all the gifts of the spirit, all the fruit of the spirit, the hope of glory, family (for many), friends, work, His Word, His beautiful creation, fellowship with Him now...even hot water to shower (one of my favorite things!)..every good and perfect gift comes from our Father....even discipline is a gift, though not pleasant at the time.

It is that there is no one or anything that can harm us as children of God our story ending is written God wins and as His children so do we. Are enemies are anyone against God somtimes even ourselves, the devil, and his angles that we lissten to a often let our hope weaken and our faith to be hidden. He gave His Only Son as our sacrifice to die a hoorrible death for our sins. He makes we feel sorry that I would make someone go through that and it makes me glad to Know that God loves me that much. It increases your hope and your faith as you look to God being reassured of His unstoppable love. It make you want to act as Christ showing love to all those around you and helping bring other to a saving knowledge of Christ. It refers to our heavenly home and a whole new life with Christ and our christian family where there is no more sin or death only praise and worship to God the Father.

God is for us and gives us the victory over the devil, the world and the flesh evidenced by the sacrifice of His only begotten Son.

This means that I no longer live in defeat, seeking the pleasures of this world to fulfill my longing for happiness and true love. Now I can clearly see the hope that awaits all believers at the end of our pilgrimage as it lies within me. How humbling that the God of all creation did this for me, for us.

This means, that seeing God is for us, who can, safely and successfully, be against us?

That at all times, but especially in the time of affliction and distress, danger and difficulty, God ever has been, and will be, on his people's side.

That those whom God is for, and on whose side he is of, need not fear, either how many or how mighty they be that are against them. God is for his people; that is, he approves and owns them, he assists and helps them, he will succeed and bless them, reward and crown them.

Our enemies might be those that are not on God's side, those who opposse God.

The statement that if God is with us who can be against us? Questions in the scripture are almost always a negative. God is for us--nothing against us can prosper. Our enemies are satan, of course & his demons, it could be a family member, anyone. With God for us--we have the majority!!

God has prepared the way for us for our redemption, growth, hope. He did not even withhold his only Son for US. I feel loved and that my life has value in His eyes. It gives me hope, through whatever troubling times I need to go through. It allows me to love others & care enough to witness to them.

He gives us graciously--love, peace, joy.

Nobody can be against us if God is for us, yes, we know everything belong to our God, God can do anything. I think our enemy is bad thoughts in our mind which can make us far away from God.

Q3. (Romans 8:31-32)

What is the significance of the statement: "If God is for us, who can be against us?"

My mind boggles at the thought! Just to think that the Creator of the universe, God Himself is for us! What a privilege and blessing to be God

if God loves us and predestined us and called us then what power on earth or in heaven can stop that or change our relationship. Enemies. The world the Flesh and the Devil.Vs 28 And

"we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love god, to those who are called according to his purpose"

It makes me feel that even when I make mistakes and fail him he does not fail us. Even in my flesh when I choose wrong he chooses right for us. Good ness is our mandate from God. This gives me incredible hope. Hope that is based on Gods power and not on my failures or decisions. I aways said that Persisience of the saint is Gods Heart for us. It shows me that my focus needs to be on him and glory is his alone therefore I will strive to do his will and allow him to have the glory not my self..

Grace is the unmaritted favor of God so God chooses by his grace to give us all things. He gave us right to the kingdom of God whcih we now live in and the right to all things according to his will, plan and purpose.

That no matter how we feel, from time to time about our salvation, we can not make the decession as to our salvation, that is all in God hands. Through His Son Jesus Christ death on the cross, and no man or mankind can undo it, Not even Satan, no enemy has near the Power of our God.

God sent His only begotten Son Jesus Christ, to die for us that we may be saved, all that want to be a part of the tree of life everlasting life with unconditional Love for His Prize Creation.

The significance of the phrase 'if God is for us who can be against us?' is to assure us of our security/ victory in whatever situation because the formidable and omni potent God is with us (on our side in wahtever battle).

Satan and his demons are our main enemy (and humans used by them). However, they can not overcome the mighty power of God availabel for us.

The evidence presented that God is willing and able to do much for us is that He allowed His only son Jesus to die in our place because He loved us that much. He will stop at nothing to do any other thing for us. This makes me feel secured and great. Praise God.

Yes, we have quite a few enemies, but if God is for us - what does it matter? God will prevail!

The evidence for this is that God held nothing back to save us, not even His one and only Son, and having God for us makes me feel invincible.

THE SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STATEMENT IS THAT WE SERVE A ALL POWERFUL GOD,SO THE KEEPING POWER OF GOD WILL ALWAYS SUSTAIN US NO MATTER WHAT. WELL A WORST ENEMY IS THE DEVIL. THEN OURSELF.

IF GOD WENT THROUGH SO MUCH, THE OMNIPOTENT GOD OF THE UNIVERSE GOES TO THIS EXTREAM TO PROCURE OUR SALVATION HE IS NOT ABOUT TO LOSE US NOW.

THEREFORE I HAVE HOPE IN CHRIST AND IN HIS SHED BLOOD,HIS PROMISES ARE SURE AND TRUE, HE PROMISE NEVER TO LEAVE ME NOR FORSAKE ME, AND I BELIEVE THAT WITH ALL MY HEART.

If God is for us, then our enemies have no power over us. In a sense we have no enemies. Our enemies might be any that seek to do us harm, spiritual, mental, emotional, or physical. Foremost of these would be Satan, prince of darkness and lies. Nothing can separate us from the love of Christ and the Father, and His care. The father's sacrifice of Jesus for our soul's redemption and the redemption of our bodies is evidence of this.

I feel cradled and joyous, ever hopeful, and feel confident to act. God will graciously give us freedom from sin, redemption of our souls and bodies, temporal and eternal care and love.

The significance is that God is for us because He sent His Son to die for us. Not only that, He is reconciled to us, in covenant with us, and so engaged to us that all of His promises are ours. All that He is, does, and has are for His people. Our enemies are ourselves, satan, and the world, and unsaved loved ones. The evidence that God is for us is His precious love that we have through Christ. This statement makes me feel wonderful. I know that there is nothing that can separate me from God's love. It affects hope because of what Christ did at Calvary. It allows me to show God's love. Graciously give us all things refers to everything that God has. I mean EVERYTHING!

The significance of the statement if God be for us, who can be against us is no matter how powerful or strong anyone or anything that opposes us, God is stronger and more powerful, He will protect us against lies or anything else that is thrown at us because we are His, we belong to Him.

Our enemies are the world, the flesh and the devil. The world is this worldly system of believing lies and doing things contrary to God, the flesh is our own sinful nature. The saying may be true that we are our own worst enemy.

The evidence presented that God is for us is the giving of His only begotten Son to die on the cross for our sin.

This statement makes me feel very unworthy, and very humbled but also so grateful, thankful and full of joy that words cannot express.

It affects hope in that my expectation of spending eternity with God and all He has prepared for us is heightened tremendously.

It allows me to act like I belong to God, I am His child. I am not my own, I have been bought with a price that Jesus paid so willingly. Therefore I want to please Him more than anything else I could desire.

Graciously gives us all things refers to all the gifts we have recieved from the Lord. Our salvation, joy, peace, security, all the fruits of the Spirit and all the future things He has prepared and is preparing like our future glorification. Praise God!

"If God is for us, who can be against us" - God is the most powerful force in all of creation, He is the soverign ruler - what He says goes, and he has the power and strength to back that up. Our enemies are really only one- Satan, he is the cause of all that is evil in men. The evidence that God is for us is that he gave his only Son as a sacrifice for all the wrongs of man, who could do more than that for the love of a sinful people? This gives me great hope and conficence, that in all things I do, I will have the blessings of my father, God. He will always be there, ready to pick me up when ever I fall, all I need do is ask Him in prayer.

Q3. (Romans 8:31-32) What is the significance of the statement: "If God is for us, who can be against us?"

Rom 8:31 what can we say about all of this? If God is for us, who can be against us?

About all this the following chapters, Paul’s teaching to the Gentiles, who have been invited into God's covenant with Israel, the importance for the believer to live righteous lives. God's love laws have been written on their hearts, and the Holy Spirit has been given to them, as it was given to the disciples on Pentecost; We too can know God, we have been adopted into the family, for Israel is God's first born.

Who can be against us, no one can, and we are part of God's family too.

Who might our enemies be?

I think the worst enemy would be ourselves, but, God gives to us instructions, a warning of what we must do.

Eph 6:10-13Finally, receive your power from the Lord and from his mighty strength. Put on all the armor that God supplies. In this way you can take a stand against the devil's strategies.

This is not a wrestling match against a human opponent. We are wrestling with rulers, authorities, the powers who govern this world of darkness, and spiritual forces that control evil in the heavenly world.

For this reason, take up all the armor that God supplies. Then you will be able to take a stand during these evil days. Once you have overcome all obstacles, you will be able to stand your ground.

What is the evidence presented that God is for us?

The evidence is seen in God's Son.

How does this statement make you feel? Loved

How does it affect hope?

Eph 2:11-13 Remember, once you were not Jewish physically. Those who called themselves “the circumcised" because of what they had done to their bodies called you "the uncircumcised."

Also, at that time you were without Christ. You were excluded from citizenship in Israel, and the pledges God made in his promise were foreign to you. You had no hope and were in the world without God.

But now through Christ Jesus you, who were once far away, have been brought near by the blood of Christ.

Q? What is the significance of the statement: "If God is for us, who can be against us?"

Ans: This means to me that God is on my side. He will protect me from the evil one. The power of the Holy Spirit which is in me will enable me to conquer all my weaknesses so that I may be able to do His will for me.

Q? Who might our enemies be?

Ans: Our enemy is satan who continue to pour negative thoughts on my mind. He continue to sow the seed on doubt that my trust in God will die down.

Q? What is the evidence presented that God is for us?

Ans: Abraham's love for God was evidenced by his offering of his son to God. God in His love for mankind did not spare His one and only son, but offered Jesus Christ for the remission of our sins. He could have accepted the burnt offerings of lambs and goats, but God wants to show us more. He wants to show us His love, his fathomable love.

Q? How does this statement make you feel?

Ans: This statement makes feel secure in my worship with God. He loved me so much that I need to pay Him with my life by following Jesus.

Q?How does it affect hope?

Ans: I have now the confidence that I will spend my eternity with God in heaven.

Q? How does it allow you to act?

Ans: My actions are in conformity with the will of God.

Q?What might: "...graciously give us all things" refer to?

Ans: God in His abounding grace gives us all things freely out of love and not as a gift. It comes along with

Christ being His co-heir of God.