JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

• 4 weeks later...

Q3. (1 Corinthians 1:30-31) In what way does Christ represent God’s wisdom, righteousness, holiness, and redemption? How far do these go to lay the basis of a truly Christian philosophical system?

1. Christ is God, He is our all in all. All is all and that is all that all is.

2. As far as a soul will permit. Many are walking the wide road, desiring to go to heaven but unwilling to give up earthly pleasures.

God’s wisdom, righteousness, holiness, and redemption are Christ Jesus’ personal identity!  These intangible qualities were not endowed to Him, they are embodied in Him.  They issue forth from Him because He is their source.  Through Jesus, Son of Man, these qualities are endowed to us.

Philosophy has been defined as a particular system of thought or doctrine; the branch of academic study devoted to a systematic examination of basic concepts such as truth, existence, reality, values, and freedom.  It’s easy to see how important it is to understand the Source of reality and truth!  The identity and character of Christ is the crucial foundation for a truly Christian philosophical system that defines these concepts and doctrines because they shape our thoughts, attitudes, and actions.  What we believe is the basis for what we do and become in life – and for eternity.

Most Christians I know/encounter are unable to articulate the difference in a Biblical world-view and a humanistic world-view.  One’s view of the origins and purposes of the universe and human existence impact the way you observe, analyze, understand, and apply everything, and these two views are really the only two.  One is God-centered, the other is man-centered.  A person who lacks a clear concise grasp of this difference will be swayed by anything that just sounds or feels true.  But the Biblical world-view isn’t based on what we sense or think or feel – it’s based on the truth and wisdom of who God is and what He has said!  The philosophical perspective you come from matters because it determines all your understanding and interpretations. 

Just consider the issue of creation, for example. 

• If you have a foundation based on the wisdom and truth of God and His Word, you will conclude that the earth and everything in it was designed and created with purpose by the Creator.  Your scientific approach will be from that viewpoint. (And there are many brilliant well-educated academic scientists who are Christians.  Check out www.creation.org and www.answersingenesis.org
  • If you have a foundation based on human wisdom and man’s determination of truth, your conclusion will likely be that earth somehow came together from pieces of matter of unknown origin that were blown apart in a big bang explosion and that all life on earth somehow developed from an undefinable primordial ooze.  Your scientific approach and determinations will originate from that viewpoint.

Those 2 viewpoints lead to 2 very different conclusions about everything, most importantly about the value of human life with its freedoms and rights, its eternal nature, and its relationship to Creator God. 

“Let the one who boasts, boast in the Lord.”  Without the foundation of wisdom, righteousness, holiness, and redemption given to us in Christ, we have no truth.

Q3. (1 Corinthians 1:30-31) In what way does Christ represent God’s wisdom, righteousness, holiness, and redemption?

I believed it is when our Lord Jesus Christ died on the cross for the forgiveness of our sins.

Christ represents God's wisdom because Christ is reality and truth. He guides us daily because He is all-wise. Righteousness, which Christ took to the cross for the sins of everyone, everywhere so we as believers will be blameless before God. Because Christ died for our sins He presented us holy before God. God sets us apart from those who are not holy. Christ blood redeemed us from our sins once and for all!

Q3. (1 Corinthians 1:30-31) In what way does Christ represent God's wisdom, righteousness, holiness, and redemption? Through His death, burial and resurrection Christ is come as God in the flesh in fulfillment of God’s promises to every generation and for all eternity.

How far do these go to lay the basis of a truly Christian philosophical system? Ultimately He is the basis of our life and purpose because all things are complete IN HIM and when we submit ourselves to Him as LORD He increases our faith, our hope and our love for all the creation.

In what way does Christ represent God's wisdom, righteousness, holiness, and redemption?

- Wisdom - Jesus shared the knowledge of God, the Father, to the Jewish people in a way to provide them with the understanding of what the Holy God needed from them.

- Righteousness - Jesus Christ opened the door into the presence of God by giving the Christian a right standing before God.

- Holiness - Jesus Christ, by His death on the cross, has separated a class of people to call His own in purity.

- Redemption - A perfect human sacrifice was needed to pay for all sin and Jesus, being sinless, went to the cross to die for all sin, thus redeeming those who chose the grace that God had given in Jesus.

How far do these go to lay the basis of a truly Christian philosophical system?

- The wisdom, righteousness, holiness and redemption of God is the end point of philosophical systems that try to explain the purpose of man.

God is reminding us who  we are by sending us Jesus.  God knows He can only relate to us in human terms because of our limited capacity to understand.  Paul makes this point of telling us that God does things not in human perceptive terms but in ways that let us know the unlimited scope of His power.

Pastor Ralph

05 Feb 2014Q3. (1 Corinthians 1:30-31) In what way does Christ represent God’s wisdom, righteousness, holiness, and redemption? How far do these go to lay the basis of a truly Christian philosophical system?

John1say Jesus is the Word that became flesh. Thus Jesus is Wisdom. Jesus is coming again as King and as Judge. Thus He represents all righteousness. He died for our sins without ever sinning, thus He is totally holy and represents redemption.

This is what we know and what we have to become as disciples of Christ. We can only achieve this through the working of the Holy Spirit.

Pastor Ralph

05 Feb 2014Q3. (1 Corinthians 1:30-31) In what way does Christ represent God’s wisdom, righteousness, holiness, and redemption? How far do these go to lay the basis of a truly Christian philosophical system?

John1say Jesus is the Word that became flesh. Thus Jesus is Wisdom. Jesus is coming again as King and as Judge. Thus He represents all righteousness. He died for our sins without ever sinning, thus He is totally holy and represents redemption.

This is what we know and what we have to become as disciples of Christ. We can only achieve this through the working of the Holy Spirit.

Q3. (1 Corinthians 1:30-31) In what way does Christ represent God’s wisdom, righteousness, holiness, and redemption? How far do these go to lay the basis of a truly Christian philosophical system?

Christ is everything. He is God brought to life as Gods Son, He is the Holy Spirit, the great "I AM".  He is the breath of God.  He is Perfect, in contrast to an imperfect world. He is not of this world, but resides in this world for a while to show us, by example, how we can emulate God. Through Him and only through His sovereignty can we be made righteous. Sanctified. Made pure. As white as snow.

Only through Him can we be gain wisdom and understanding.Nothing from this world is true wisdom. Wisdom comes only through God.

Jesus is the only way to redemption, the only way to be reunited with the Supreme Father in perfected righteousness!.

I am awed and amazed at a question which has been circulating recently around 'social networks'. People are being ask if they are Christian? Many who reply with "yes" are then ask if they are saved? It amazes me that many of those Christians reply with "I don't know", or "I can't say for sure,only God knows". To me forgiveness, salvation, is the cornerstone of Christian faith.  God taught us about his saving grace through Jesus Christ,He paid the random for our sins, through the blood of His only Son!!  He taught us about forgiveness when His Son forgave His captors,SO, that we may understand forgiveness and what a treasured gift of grace it is to be forgiven. SO,that we may enter into his Kingdom as His very own children!!  SO,..that we may stand before God in all His glory, knowing we have been perfected, made righteous. SO, that through our righteousness.Sanctification. By the blood of OUR Lord as Christian we must KNOW we are saved!!! Those Christians who are answering they "don know" are  missing the whole concept of what it means to be Christian. I KNOW I AM SAVED, I thank God for saving me, for His precious gift of the blood of His son who washed me clean! Hallelujah!! Thank you,Lord!!

Colossians 3:11 (New International Version)

11 Here there is no Gentile or Jew, circumcised or uncircumcised, barbarian, Scythian, slave or free, but Christ is all, and is in all.

Exodus 3:12 (NIV)
God said to Moses, "I AM WHO I AM. This is what you are to say to the Israelites: 'I AM has sent me to you.'"

*( to me these are two of the most profound verses in the Bible)

1 Corinthians 1:30-31

Q). In what way does Christ represent God's wisdom, righteousness, holiness, and redemption?

A). They are all wrapped up in Christ Jesus by way of His Spirit within us: "And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them." (Ezekiel 36:27).

#

Q). How far do these go to lay the basis of a truly Christian philosophical system?

A). The Wisdom, righteousness, holiness, and redemption of God in Christ are essential in  laying the basis of a truly Christian philosophical system: "But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption:" (1 Corinthians 1:30).

Wisdom: Christ is reality and His values, guidance and thoughts are truth and are more reliable than any worldly wisdom out there!

Righteousness: We are righteous through Christ and no other way. He took our sins upon Himself and suffered the penalty that should have been ours. We are forgiven and free!

Holiness: Set apart as God's holy people we become children of God through the blood of Jesus.

Redemption: We are bought by the blood of Christ, again, released for freedom.

They ARE the foundation of a Christian mindset. They are 100% truths to embrace when you become a Christian. Christ is all. Christ is all.

Q3. (1 Corinthians 1:30-31) In what way does Christ represent God’s wisdom, righteousness, holiness, and redemption?

Jesus not only represents God's wisdom, righteousness, holiness and redemption....He IS God...He IS wisdom, righteousness, holiness and redemption. (If you've seen Me, you've seen my Father....God incarnate on earth.)

He IS the foundation....the second Person of the Triune God, co-equal with the Father and the Holy Spirit. Jesus is the chief Cornerstone!

Q3. (1 Corinthians 1:30-31) In what way does Christ represent God's wisdom, righteousness, holiness, and redemption?

Yeshua, the Second person of the Trinity, God the Son represents all that the Father is, He is all wisdom, righteousness, and holiness, He is absolutely and ultimately beyond perfection, and when I through "faith" was touched with just a hint of His wisdom, was when I truly understood the calling upon my life is that of righteousness and holiness, the wisdom of the Cross has touched my soul, and love has become my strength and motivation to walk in obedience to the calling the Messiah has placed on my heart.

The philosophical system that I follow is that I fear Adonai, for it was through that reference and respect for God that wisdom began to bring understanding and knowledge and I was touched with the truth of His Son.

Jesus is God.  Those are godly attributes and they belong to Jesus too.  The Bible records Jesus' wisdom, righteousness, holiness, and the price He paid for our redemption.

He has freed us from the bondage of sin to freedom to choose to learn about Jesus' wisdom and pray for wisdom each day, free to be righteous and free to be holy.  When we fail, we are free to confess to God and accept His forgiveness!

Q3. (1 Corinthians 1:30-31) 

In what way does Christ represent God's wisdom, righteousness, holiness, and redemption? 

God’s wisdom – He is the wisdom of God (v. 24), the One whom God’s wisdom chose as the way of our salvation. When we have Him we have salvation. 

God’s righteousness – He is our righteousness for through our faith in Him we are reckoned righteous by a holy God and rid of guilt and condemnation.

God’s holiness – He is our sanctification, no sin, for in ourselves we have nothing in the way of personal holiness, but by Him we are positionally sanctified. 

God’s redemption – He is our redemption, released from bondage and slavery when finally He will come and take us home to be with Himself.  

All we are and all we have comes from our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, and not from any human philosophical system. So there is no need for anything else – we have it all!

By the indwelling of the Holly Spirit within us.(By His life being made manifest in our lives, living His life out of us.

only if we allow Him and surrender our lives completely to him

Wisdom (sophia). Christ is Reality, so that his values, his thoughts, his guidance are all wisdom for us, far more valuable and reliable than any worldly wisdom we might acquire in our lifetimes.

Righteousness (dikaiosyne) -- the state of people who are in right standing before God, without any unforgiven sins. Christ's death on the cross took our sins upon him and suffered their penalty in himself. We are free. Hallelujah 

Holiness or sanctification (hagiasmos) --  personal dedication to the interests of God, holiness, consecration, sanctification,  here probably the result of God's work is in mind, the state of being set apart as God's own people. Christ brought us to this unique relationship to God. Praise Him 

Redemption (apolytrosis) -- literally,  buying back  a slave or captive --  release from a captive condition, release, redemption, deliverance.  And what was the purchase price? Christ's blood shed for us. Praise the Lord  (From note)

Jesus is God.  Everything about Jesus , what he does, what he did on earth for 40 days after the resurrection, before the resurrection, before his birth, after his ascension represents the wisdom , righteousness and holiness of God.  Jesus like God is holy set apart .  

Graeme Goldsworthy in Wisdom and Its Literature in Biblical - Theological Content writes that  Christian Biblical Theology recognizes that the heart of the biblical message is the work of Jesus Christ  p. 45-46).  Jesus is the centre of all theology in  we do not have a wisdom Jesus whom is different from a salvation Jesus.  The Chrisktology of wisdom is part of the total christology of the New Testament.  p. 46)  . It can also be noted that Jesus used parables to teach wisdom points of you.  In fact his conclusion to the Sermon of the Mount implies that typical contrast of opposites.  (p. 46)  

The wisdom of God goes beyond the wisdom of the world .  Paul write of  God's wisdom  has not God made foolish the wisdom of this world?  For since in the wisdom of God the world through wisdom did not know God , it pleased God through the foolishness of the message preached to save those who believe.  For Jews request a sign, and Greeks seek after wisdom; but we preach Christ crucified, to the Jews a stumbling block and to the Greeks foolishness, but to those who are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God.  Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men, and the weakness of God is stronger than men.  (l Corinthians 1:20 b - 25)  This is in agreement with Job 38 and 39 where God compares his knowledge with that of Job's.

God is righteous and is unable to look at unrighteousness. We, on the other hand, are unable to become righteous on our own. We need help. God's grace provided us with Jesus who is able to clothe us in a garment of righteousness that hides our blemishes and scars. The righteousness of God and Jesus is  forgiveness. (Barth, The Epistle to the Romans, Oxford press, 1968.  93.)

The holiness of Jesus is akin to that of God's because Christ is God  and God is set apart because of his righteousness. The holiness of the trinity is because of their righteousness and their righteousness is because of their holiness. Each, holiness and righteousness are cause and effect of the other. We are holy because we are set apart  for God's service and because we are made holy by having Christ lay upon us the cloak of righteousness. And because we have been made holy by the cloak of righteousness we than we are righteous by the grace of God. Not only are we made righteousness and holy by the grace of God in Jesus but we are also redeemed by this Christ who has made holy and has laid the cloak of righteousness upon us and sanctified us to the Lord. Wow  It is to good to be true 

1. Wisdom (sophia). Christ is Reality, so that his values, his thoughts, his guidance are all wisdom for us, far more valuable and reliable than any worldly wisdom we might acquire in our lifetimes.
  2. Righteousness (dikaiosynē) -- the state of people who are in right standing before God, without any unforgiven sins. Christ's death on the cross took our sins upon him and suffered their penalty in himself. We are free. Hallelujah!
  3. Holiness or sanctification (hagiasmos) -- "personal dedication to the interests of God, holiness, consecration, sanctification," 
  4. here probably the result of God's work is in mind, the state of being set apart as God's own people. Christ brought us to this unique relationship to God. Praise Him!
  5. Redemption (apolytrōsis) -- literally, "buying back" a slave or captive -- "release from a captive condition, release, redemption, deliverance." And what was the purchase price? Christ's blood shed for us. Praise the Lord  (From note)

Jesus is God.  Everything about Jesus , what he does, what he did on earht for 40 days after the resurrection, before the resurrection, before his birth, after his ascension represents the widom r, righteousness and holiness of God.  Jesus like god is holy set aprart .  

1. Wisdom (sophia). Christ is Reality, so that his values, his thoughts, his guidance are all wisdom for us, far more valuable and reliable than any worldly wisdom we might acquire in our lifetimes.
  2. Righteousness (dikaiosynē) -- the state of people who are in right standing before God, without any unforgiven sins. Christ's death on the cross took our sins upon him and suffered their penalty in himself. We are free. Hallelujah!
  3. Holiness or sanctification (hagiasmos) -- "personal dedication to the interests of God, holiness, consecration, sanctification," here probably the result of God's work is in mind, the state of being set apart as God's own people. Christ brought us to this unique relationship to God. Praise Him!
  4. Redemption (apolytrōsis) -- literally, "buying back" a slave or captive -- "release from a captive condition, release, redemption, deliverance." And what was the purchase price? Christ's blood shed for us. Praise the Lord  (From note)

Jesus is God.  Everything about Jesus , what he does, what he did on earth for 40 days after the resurrection, before the resurrection, before his birth, after his ascension represents the wisdom , righteousness and holiness of God.  Jesus like God is holy set apart .  

Graeme Goldsworthy in Wisdom and Its Literature in Biblical - Theological Content writes that "Christian Biblical Theology recognizes that the heart of the biblical message is the work of Jesus Christ" p. 45-46).  Jesus is the centre of all theology in "we do not have a wisdom Jesus whom is different from a salvation Jesus.  The Christology of wisdom is part of the total Christology of the New Testament." p. 46)  . It can also be noted that Jesus used parables to teach wisdom points of you.  In fact his conclusion to the Sermon of the Mount implies that typical contrast of opposites.  (p. 46)  

The wisdom of God goes beyond the wisdom of the world .  Paul write of  God's wisdom "has not God made foolish the wisdom of this world?  For since in the wisdom of God the world through wisdom did not know God , it pleased God through the foolishness of the message preached to save those who believe.  For Jews request a sign, and Greeks seek after wisdom; but we preach Christ crucified, to the Jews a stumbling block and to the Greeks foolishness, but to those who are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God.  Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men, and the weakness of God is stronger than men." (l Corinthians 1:20 b - 25)  This is in agreement with Job 38 and 39 where God compares his knowledge with that of Job's.

God is righteous and is unable to look at unrighteousness. We, on the other hand, are unable to become righteous on our own. We need help. God's grace provided us with Jesus who is able to clothe us in a garment of righteousness that hides our blemishes and scars. The righteousness of God and Jesus is  forgiveness. (Barth, The Epistle to the Romans, Oxford press, 1968.  93.)

The holiness of Jesus is akin to that of God's because Christ is God  and God is set apart because of his righteousness. The holiness of the trinity is because of their righteousness and their righteousness is because of their holiness. Each, holiness and righteousness are cause and effect of the other. We are holy because we are set apart  for God's service and because we are made holy by having Christ lay upon us the cloak of righteousness. And because we have been made holy by the cloak of righteousness we than we are righteous by the grace of God. Not only are we made righteousness and holy by the grace of God in Jesus but we are also redeemed by this Christ who has made holy and has laid the cloak of righteousness upon us and sanctified us to the Lord. Wow! It is to good to be true!

This is the basis for our Christian philosophical system.

Christ represents Gods wisdom because being the Son of God He came to proclaim the Kingdom of God, giving man the assurance the Father in heaven is merciful and full of everlasting love and forgiveness. Demonstrating the fathers wisdom through scripture.

In His righteousness by obeying the law and the Father demonstrating His approval of the Son saying "This is my Son, My Beloved, in Whom I delight".

In His Holiness or Sanctification by His complete submission to the Fathers will. By this He had authority to forgive sins on earth and He told His disciples "that no one fully knows the Son except the Father and no knows the Father except the Son".

In His redemptive power by being the pure and spotless lamb for the sacrifice of man's sin. By paying the penalty for our sin's on the cross God our Father has accepted His sacrifice for us. Christ has become our redemption from the penalty of sin, all who believe are forgiven.

There is no other way on earth by which man has been redeemed for our sins and reconciled to God our Father.        

In what way does Christ represent God’s wisdom, righteousness, holiness, and redemption? How far do these go to lay the basis of a truly Christian philosophical system? 

1.  That salvation is only from God thru Jesus death.  It was thru Jesus Christ that we are acceptable to God.  We cannot take the credit or should I say should not take the credit.

In what way does CHRIST represent GOD'S wisdom, righteousness, holiness, and redemption?

Wisdom-whatever wisdom that I seek must be from seeking the face of God for the correct resolution.

Righteousness-I will represent GOD with no sins in my life, and my presence will show that I have been with God through a prayer life everyday.

Holiness-without this nothing can be accomplished, I have to be set apart to work for the work of.

Redemption-I am free from all condemnation, and I am released from the strongholds of Satan.

How far do thes go to lay the basis of truly Christian philosophical system?

This shows the people that are imitation Christians,that it takes more than talk to be a called out child of God.Anyone can talk, but can YOU walk your talk? Don't be deceived!

Brother Mike