JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q2. Resurrection and Life

• 1 month later...

Q2. (John 11:25-26) In what sense does Jesus embody resurrection?

Jesus is Creator God....He has power over death, and when he was here as God-man, He raised many from death to life. He was the first born Son to be raised from the dead in order to defeat death's sting and so that no believer will ever experience the second death (in hell, cut off from His presence). He is the Resurrection!

In what sense does he embody life? What is the great promise that he offers us in verses 25 and 26?

As  Creator God, Jesus created all life. He is "the Way, the Truth and the Life"...and with all power over death He is the only way to the Father and eternal life.  He is Life!

When Adam fell and with him, all creation, Jesus came to live a sinless perfect life, to die and be resurrected in order to redeem life. His Life was the ransom for whosoever will receive Him as Lord and Savior. The second death then is a choice made, rather than "God sending one to hell."

Q2. (John 11:25-26)

In what sense does Jesus embody resurrection?

Jesus has the power to die and rises. In addition, He has the power to raise any one who died.

In what sense does he embody life?

Jesus embodies life because He is the source and giver of life.

What is the great promise that he offers us in verses 25 and 26?

Whoever believes in Him will not die (spiritually), and even when he dies, he will rise again to spiritual life with he Lord.

(John 11:25-26) In what sense does Jesus embody resurrection? In what sense does he embody life? What is the great promise that he offers us in verses 25 and 26?

Jesus Himself if the resurrection and the life. God the Father has bestowed on Jesus the power to

have life in Himself and to bestow resurrection life on whomever He will. Jesus is the resurrection - He will raise believers up on the last day. Jesus is the life - those who believe in Jesus will never die (spiritually).

The power that will grant resurrection and life on the Last Day is resident within Jesus' person now. When we believe in Jesus, we are united with him; we are "in Him." And so his resurrection power and life power become ours as well.

The great promise in verses 25 and 26 is this - death will not introduce a break into their relationship with God and their experience of eternal life.

(John 11:25-26) In what sense does Jesus embody resurrection? In what sense does he embody life?

1.  Jesus is the one who raises the dead and give them life again.  He is the Creator of life and has the over life and death.

2. The great promise is people that believe in him will live even though they die.  People who are spiritually alive and believe in him will never spiritually die. 

Q2. (John 11:25-26) In what sense does Jesus embody resurrection? In what sense does he embody life? What is the great promise that he offers us in verses 25 and 26?

Jesus is the resurrection so that just by believing in Him as our Lord and Savior we will rise to live with Him.

​In what sense does He embody life?

He is life so in Him we have life forever to never be separated from Him.

The Great promise:  Our soul and our spirit shall never die and we shall live with Him forever. Amen

God Bless!

Jen

Romans 15:13

Q2. (John 11:25-26) In what sense does Jesus embody resurrection? In what sense does he embody life? What is the great promise that he offers us in verses 25 and 26?

Jesus embodies the resurrection in that he is the resurrection and the life (11:25). As the notes put it "...He is so closely associated with resurrection and life that he says he is the resurrection and life in his own person." I cannot put it better than that.

With regard to the promises in verse 25 and 26, Jesus offers life to us, even though we will die, yet we live- whoever believes in him. To begin with, spiritual life and then physical life as well (Romans 6:5). In essence it will be as if we never die.

Q2. (John 11:25-26) In what sense does Jesus embody resurrection, and life?

To embody means to represent something, or to set an example, however, what Jesus is saying here has a far deeper meaning than that of representation, it is because of who he is, (I AM) that he proclaims - resurrection, and life resides bodily in him.

It is because (5:19) the Son does nothing of himself, but what he sees the Father do, it is because the Father loves the Son, and shows him all things, that he will do even greater works, works so great that man will marvel: Because the Absolute embodies the Son is why  he proclaims, "I AM" the resurrection and the life, "I AM" the bread of life, "I AM" the light of the world, "I AM" the gate, "I AM" the good shepherd, "I AM" the way and the truth and the life, I "AM" the real vine, to name a few, however, my heart loves to read over and over again (Revelation 17-18) Fear not; "I AM" the first and the last, he that lived, and was dead; and, "I AM" alive for evermore, and I have the keys of hell and death.

However, how sad for those who have not embodied the great “I AM”, the one who has the keys of hell and death in their life, especially now for signs of his coming are drawing near, is why my heart cries out to them, "Woe is me".

God possesses self-existent life, therefore He is the source of all life and anything that has life (both physical and spiritual) has received it from Him (John 5:26).  When the God the Son set aside His deity to come to earth in human flesh (Philippians 2:6-7), He set aside His own personal inherent power of life eternal (John 1:4).  I understand this to mean that Jesus became utterly dependent on the Father to give Him this spiritual life while in His earthly physical body and to restore Him to His eternal life after that body died. 

When the physical body of Jesus perished, the Father raised it from death and Jesus received that eternal power of life into Himself when His body was resurrected.  So He certainly embodies and personifies resurrection from physical death.  This resurrection power that will raise all believers on the Last Day and the spiritual life that lives eternal already dwell in Jesus.

The great and glorious promise of John 11:25 is that Jesus assures us we’ve already been given everlasting spiritual life when we believed on Him – life that cannot die.  And then He promises in vs.26 that He will use that same power of resurrection He possesses to raise us from physical death into eternal life like Him!  On that Day, as we are finally completely “made to be like Him”, this power of resurrection and life will be fully given as our own, just as it was given to Jesus when the Father raised Him from death!  1John 3:2 Beloved, we are God’s children now, and what we will be has not yet appeared; but we know that when he appears we shall be like him, because we shall see him as he is.

What glory awaits us on that day!

Jesus embodies the resurrection by declaring that he is the resurrection and all who believe in him will rise on the last day.

Jesus embodies life by stating that he is the resurrection and the life, all who believe in him will live forever.

The great promise Jesus offers in John 11: 25-26 is that he who believers in Jesus will live, even though he dies, Jesus will raise them from death on the last day.   

In what sense does He embody life? 

What is the great promise that He offers us in verses 25 and 26?

Jesus is the resurrection and the life in person. This is the fifth great I AM. The others being: The Bread of Life (6:35), The Light of the World (8:12); The Gate (10:9); The Good Shepherd (10:11); The Way, The Truth (14:6); and The Vine (15:5). Both the resurrection and the life are rooted in Him, as He is both the cause and source of our resurrection and our everlasting life. We read earlier (1:3-4) that He is life: “Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. In him was life, and that life was the light of men”. The great promise Jesus offers us is eternal life. Without Jesus there is nothing but death. However, with Him present our resurrection and life is assured. Because He lives we too shall live. 

Jesus is divine.  He is immortal and cannot die.  When he was crucified, he did not remain dead as it is not possible to kill God.  His resurrection was a part of his being due to his divine nature.  As the creator of all things, he embodies life, not death.  His promise is that if we have faith in him we also will have eternal life.

Jesus has power over life and death because he is the Creator of life.The  ones that believes in Him has a spiritual life that death cannot touch in any way.

To those of us that believe it is a wonderful assurance and certainty we have because of John 14:9 BECAUSE  I LIVE,YE SHALL LIVE ALSO.

• 3 weeks later...

We know from the conclusion of the Gospels that Jesus was raised from the dead, as he predicted several times. 

He and the Father gave life to the world and universe at the day of creation. He redeems us every day when we chose to surrender and die to him each morning, or after noticing important sins, and asking and repenting for forgiveness. We ab only do what we are capable of doing in trust and faith, and God knows this better than we do ourselves, and walks with us. Oh how kind and wise, loving and merciful is He.

He continues to offer this promise as we continue to seek Him, and learn to hear Him and serve Him in the moment. Oh the glory to be nothing so as to do His will only!

• 2 weeks later...

I am the resurrection. I am the author or the cause of the resurrection. It so depends on my power and will, that it may be said that I am the resurrection itself. This is a most expressive way of saying that the whole doctrine of the resurrection came from him, and the whole power to effect it was his. In a similar manner he is said to be made of God unto us "wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctifcation, and redemption," 1 Corinthians 1:30.

And the life. John 1:4. As the resurrection of all depends on him, he intimated that it was not indispensable that it should be deferred to the last day. He had power to do it now as well as then.

Resurrection. He who believes in me will live a spiritually, even though he's physical body dies.

"He who believes in me will live, even though he dies." (11:25b)

Jesus will raise them from death on the Last Day.

Life. and whomever lives spiritually and believes in me will never die spiritually .

"... and whoever lives and believes in me will never die." (11:26a)

that is, death will not introduce a break into their relationship with God and their experience of eternal life.

• 2 weeks later...

Jesus has power over life and death as well as power to forgive sins. This is because he is the Creator of life (see 14:6). He who is life can surely restore life. Whoever believes in Christ has a spiritual life that death cannot conquer or diminish in any way. When we realize his power and how wonderful his offer to us really is, how can we not commit our lives to him? To those of us who believe, what wonderful assurance and certainty we have: “I will live again, and you will, too”

And in this fellowship we enjoy the eternal life he promised us.

• 3 months later...

Jesus is the Son of God. He is able to control people's death. He is able to bring them back to life. He is able to take away the sins that are killing them and to show them a new life. He is able to heal a person's heart and soul. He is able to make them better people.

Jesus promises that those people who are truly one with the Holy Spirit will not ever be parted from the love of God. They will indeed have eternal life. We just have to really give our life to God and to live within the teachings of Jesus and to follow the directions of the Holy Spirit which resides in our hearts and souls.

• 1 month later...

In what sense does Jesus embody resurrection?  Through the crucifixion and ultimate resurrection of Christ Jesus God revealed to all mankind that His awesome power can indeed triumph over death.  He proved just that when Jesus left His tomb alive and well.  Jesus’ resurrection proved beyond doubt that God's righteousness, judgement and His absolute goodness would be preserved for eternity.  

In what sense does he embody life?  The certainty of Christ's resurrection from the dead is the basis of our hope.  Jesus is “the way, the truth and the life” and in John 14:19 He tells us that because He lives, we will live also.”

What is the great promise that he offers us in verses 25 and 26?  I believe for most of us, the most disagreeable thing we face in our lives is of course, death.  In Vv. 25 & 26 Jesus tells us that He is “the resurrection and the life” and promises that, if we will only believe in Him, we can live with Him forever.  Jesus doesn’t just talk the talk though, He also walked the walk by giving the gift of life when He raised Lazarus from the dead.  His eternal promise to all of us is that if we truly believe that He is the resurrection and the life and we live our lives accordingly, we too will see the glory of God.

• 3 years later...

The sense that Jesus embody resurrection is when he told Martha that Lazarus is going to be resurrected. He embodies life when he says that if we are spiritually living for him then we will die but not see death. This is the great promise that we will live eternally if we believe in him.

• 7 months later...

Q2. (John 11:25-26) In what sense does Jesus embody resurrection? In what sense does he embody life? What is the great promise that he offers us in verses 25 and 26? He embodies the resurrection since He rose from the dead and He conquered the grave. He also raised people from the dead. He embodies life because through Him we have eternal life. I am the resurrection and the life He who believes in me though he may die, he shall live. And whosoever lives and believes in Me shall never die. 

• 2 years later...

Christ embodies Resurrection as he is "first begotten from the dead" (Colossians 1:18).  Christ is the Author or Cause of the Resurrection of the believer (John 6:54).   Christ's Resurrection involves our Resurrection (1 Corinthians 15:23

Christ is the Life.  Christ is eternal life.  He gives his life for his people as the Good Shepherd.  He is the life of his people (Colossians 3:3).   As our Joshua who has gone on before us, Christ is our High Priest in the Holiest of Holies.   Christ is of the order of Melchizedek; his priesthood is eternal. Christ's glory in the Holiest of Holies is the guarantee of the believers life.  We are seated with Christ in heavenly places.  Based on Roman's 8:11 we can Christ is the Life of the soul and body.  We have ZOE (1John5:4).

Faith ensures life spiritual and everlasting.  In this life, we believe that we are now joint-heirs with Christ; we are part of the Holy nation, chosen generation and royal priesthood (1 Peter 2:9).  Physical death doesn't break that that continuity of life in Christ.   The second death doesn't affect it.  We can believe in divine healing.  This abundant life is available NOW.   We must understand that faith and life are inseparable as presented in John's Gospel.

• 9 months later...

What is the great promise that He offers us in verses 25 and 26?

Jesus is the Resurrection and Jesus is the Life.   Through Him we are promised Resurrection and Life.  It is no  longer I that live but Christ that lives in me and that is why I too can be resurrected and have life.  Death will have no hold on me.