JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q5. Through It All

• 1 month later...

(Daniel 4:34-35) What does Nebuchadnezzar’s confession tell us about God? Have you ever given a public testimony of what you have learned about God through your trials? What might your testimony sound like? 

After the time of humbling, Nebuchadnezzar is blessed with a new perspective on himself and a new appreciation of God, whom he calls "the Most High". Previously, Nebuchadnezzar believed himself to almost be a god, but now he learns things about God:

1. God is eternal. Nebuchadnezzar acknowledges that God himself is eternal.
  2. God's kingdom never ends. God's kingdom is eternal as well, not one that must be maintained by constant warfare and protected from every threat.
  3. God cannot be compared with human beings. Nebuchadnezzar thought of himself as great; now he acknowledges that human beings are "as nothing" compared with God.
  4. God is sovereign. As Daniel related to Belshazzar, Nebuchadnezzar has killed, humbled, or promoted whomever he pleases. Now he acknowledges that God "does as He pleases".
  5. God is the "King of heaven". Yahweh is not just a god among gods, he is the God of gods, he is King of kings, he is King of heaven.
  6. God is accountable to none. As an absolute monarch, Nebuchadnezzar has felt he didn't need to answer to anyone, but now he discovers that he has to answer to God's humbling. Only God has no need for accountability. God doesn't have to explain himself to us when we are angry at what we perceive he has done.

In my trials, I have learnt that God's arm is never too short and His timing is perfect, never early or never late. Also God's grace and love gives us the strength to go through our trials. Eventhough we may not know it at the time God is actually there with us all through our trials. All we need to do is to quieten our hearts and minds and focus on calling out to God in prayer. And God will answer, not according to our time but according to God's perfect timing and plans for us. Hallelujah!

Q5. (Daniel 4:34-35) What does Nebuchadnezzar's confession tell us about God? GOD IS PATIENT, PERSISTENT, & UNRELENTING..

Have you ever given a public testimony of what you have learned about God through your trials? YES.

What might your testimony sound like?  JUST WHEN I THOUGHT I HAD ALL OF THE ANSWER, God changed all of the questions.  In any environment, there are rules and there are exceptions.  Humility gives us access to the exceptions.  I had to learn and continue to learn, that being informed is just half the battle; being inquisitive with humility is a powerful ingredient defined as respectful.  Regardless of how informed and powerful you are, we need other people.  

The Bible says it all when it says in Ecclesiastes 4:9-12 (NLV).Two are better than one, because they have good pay for their work. 10 For if one of them falls, the other can help him up. But it is hard for the one who falls when there is no one to lift him up. 11 And if two lie down together, they keep warm. But how can one be warm alone? 12 One man is able to have power over him who is alone, but two can stand against him. It is not easy to break a rope made of three strings."~

Daniel was a true and trusted friend to the king and as a result, the king matured to rule another day.

Q5. (Daniel 4:34-35) What does Nebuchadnezzar's confession tell us about God? 

The trial did its work. God is all wise, all knowing, and He has purpose in every trial. The king's eyes were  opened  to the truth that God is the most High, and He is to be praised and glorified. He lives forever and His dominion is eternal. His kingdom is for every generation. The earth's people have no power, except that which is granted to them, and all power and dominion are His...He is Sovereign. 

Have you ever given a public testimony of what you have learned about God through your trials?

Yes, I have had the privilege a number of times.

What might your testimony sound like?

Jesus loves me this I know because not only the Bible tells me so.  He has held me in His Hand and cared for me since I was a child while being molested, abused verbally and physically, called vile and unspeakable names, given death threats by both parents, beatings with fists and leather razor straps, abandoned emotionally by both parents, a failed first marriage to a sex addict who had multiple affairs and who gambled away all of our money and our car.  God said "No child" when I begged to die, "I know the plans I have for you to give you hope and a future in My Son". Though two of my brothers committed suicide, and several others became alcoholics, He has given me hope to keep trusting Him since I received Him as Lord and Savior at age 30.  My brothers are coming to know Him, one by one, Praise God! Through a 12 step Bible study, I learned to face all of the pain, my issues which resulted from the abuse and to allow the Lord to heal and deliver me, and then to not only forgive my parents, but to weep for their brokenness and dysfunction due to the families in which they were parented, neglected and abused. I give Him glory daily for redeeming and sanctifying my heart, mind, will, emotions, soul and personality! I'm a new creature in Christ!  He is a faithful Father, trustworthy in all His ways, and worth of all my praise!

He gave God the glory He deserves. Admitted God was in control. That He was the true king!

Not very often.

Mine would have to do with how God has changed my life and that the growth is still taking place today!

Q5. (Daniel 4:34-35) What does Nebuchadnezzar's confession tell us about God? Have you ever given a public testimony of what you have learned about God through your trials? What might your testimony sound like?

From one perspective his confession emphasized the distinction between the perishables and that of what is permanent. Life becomes futile for those who trust in the perishables of life for contentment. He glorified God saying, “His dominion is an eternal dominion; his kingdom endures from generation to generation. All the peoples of the earth are regarded as nothing. He does as he pleases with the powers of heaven and the peoples of the earth. No one can hold back his hand or say to him: “What have you done?” (Dan 4:34~35)

His aversion from sinfulness, made him realize that true joy and happiness cannot be attained from worldly standards of success but in humble service to the Living God.

Have you ever given a public testimony of what you have learned about God through your trials? What might your testimony sound like?

Yes.

The first time was way back 1990s, a friend of mine, got married to a non Catholic married woman and had a daughter besides her other children from the previous marriage. This changed when the woman eloped again with another man, leaving behind only my friend’s daughter. He was so devastated and grieved because he had given up his Catholic religious practices for this woman.

No one from the local parish talked to him. During this time I had a procedure on my knee done in a hospital. A friend from my parish told me about my friend’s marriage breakup when came to visit men in the hospital. My visitor even told me that my friend deserved this as he believed that this is God’s punishment for turning his back on Catholicism.

While in hospital I prayed for my friend and his daughter’s dilemma. A few days after when I got discharged from hospital, I went over to visit my friend, as I was still on medical leave. He hugged me at the entrance of his house and when we were in, he narrated the whole story. My question was, “Where do you go from here and what he wanted to do about this?” He said the first thing is that he wanted to come back to church, get his daughter baptized and then get his divorce finalized.

The following day after the morning, after the week day mass, I talked to the parish priest about my friend’s problem. The priest told me to bring him to church to attend masses but no to receiving the Eucharist. This was to ensure that he really meant what he said about “coming back.” During the months to follow I used to visit him on weekends trying to instill in him the need for God, using the book of Daniel, Job and the new Testament, while a diocesan priest in charge of marital issues helped in his divorce and got it finalized.

After, six months of continuous mass attendance, I brought him to see the priest who said my friend needed to go for the Sacrament of Repentance or simply confession. After a short retreat lasting almost four hours, he made his first confession in eleven years and received the Eucharist the following day’s Sunday Mass. As for his daughter, she was baptized the following year after months of weekly catechism classes. Now he is a happily married but retired man with two daughters and a loving wife.

I guess that this was only possible because of my friend's persistence in his search for ways to return to the Merciful God, he once renounced. My part was only to bring him to the “entrance,” through the weekends’ biblical discussion which renewed his determination to “climb out of the hole,” and live a life of joy in God. I thank God who gave me the perseverance to see my friend though this ordeal, while God did the rest.

Q5. (Daniel 4:34-35) What does Nebuchadnezzar’s confession tell us about God?

God is eternal.

God's kingdom never ends.

God cannot be compared with human beings.

God is sovereign.

God is the "King of heaven"

God is accountable to none.

Have you ever given a public testimony of what you have learned about God through your trials?

Yes

My testimony is how God saved not only my marriage but He also saved me.  Now after nearly 45 years I can acknowledge God's leading, guiding my life. How He has provided all that I ever needed and has even given me the desires of my heart.

What does Nebuchadnezzar's confession tell us about God?

God is eternal.

God's kingdom is eternal, it never ends.

God cannot be compared with human beings.

God is sovereign, he now knows that God does as He pleases.

God is the "King of heaven" (4:37). God is not just a god among gods, he is the God of gods, he is King of kings.

God is accountable to no one.

No, not any public testimonies but many private testimonies.

No matter how bad things get in my life, I know that God is always right there beside me. Sometimes He even has to hold

me and give me comfort, and I can also always here the Holy Ghost indwelling in my soul telling me what I am doing wrong

and what I should be doing to please and bring glory to God.

Q5. (Daniel 4:34-35) What does Nebuchadnezzar’s confession tell us about God? Have you ever given a public testimony of what you have learned about God through your trials? What might your testimony sound like?          ​

Nebuchadnezzar's confession tells us that

1. God is eternal.
  2. God's kingdom never ends.
  3. God cannot be compared with human beings.
  4. God is sovereign.
  5. God is the "King of heaven"
  6. God is accountable to none.

Yes I have given testimonies, public only in church or among believers, privately to many.

My testimony about how God saved me after going through sickness.  How he opened my eyes to the truth while I was lonely and suffering.  My testimony of how what the enemy meant for harm in my life God turned it to my advantage.  Praise God !!

(Daniel 4:34-35) What does Nebuchadnezzar’s confession tell us about God? Have you ever given a public testimony of what you have learned about God through your trials? What might your testimony sound like?          

Nebuchadnezzar's confession tells us that God can put you in high position and take it away in the blink of an eye.  God can make you humble yourself and recognize that He and He along is the Most High God. We also learn from Nebuchadnezzar's confession that God is eternal, his kingdom never ends.  He is incomparable, sovereign, the King of Heaven, and accountable to none.  Yes, I have.  I tell family all the time if they would just turn their lives over to God, what he has done for me he can do for you also.   I have learned to always give God the credit. 

Q5. (Daniel 4:34-35) What does Nebuchadnezzar’s confession tell us about God? Have you ever given a public testimony of what you have learned about God through your trials? What might your testimony sound like?

Nebuchadnezzar confesses that God is eternal.

His kingdom is eternal.

Human beings are as nothing compared to God.

God is sovereign-he does as he pleases within bounds.

God is the God of Gods and the King of kings.

God is accountable to no one.

Nebuchadnezzar was trying to be like God before this.

I rarely give public testimony of what I have learned of God in my trials. My testimony would sound something like this; God sticks to me no matter what, he is faithful to me. God is love (1 John 4:8).

Q5. (Daniel 4:34-35) What does Nebuchadnezzar's confession tell us about God? Have you ever given a public testimony of what you have learned about God through your trials? What might your testimony sound like?

The king learns a few things about God and his relationship with God.

1. God is eternal. Nebuchadnezzar acknowledges that God himself is eternal (4:34a).
  2. God's kingdom never ends. God's kingdom is eternal as well (4:34b), not one that must be maintained by constant warfare and protected from every threat.
  3. God cannot be compared with human beings. Nebuchadnezzar thought of himself as great; now he acknowledges that human beings are "as nothing" compared with God (4:35a).
  4. God is sovereign. As Daniel related to Belshazzar, Nebuchadnezzar has killed, humbled, or promoted whomever he pleases (5:19). Now he acknowledges that God "does as He pleases" (4:35b).
  5. God is the "King of heaven" (4:37). Yahweh is not just a god among gods, he is the God of gods, he is King of kings, he is King of heaven.
  6. God is accountable to none.

The king was put in his place and humbled by his circumstances showing that he really is not in control after all.  

I have tried to be careful when people compliment me on a sermon or on something I did well, not to seek my own glory but to glorify God and give Him the credit.  It is the same going through trials and emerging from the other side of that trial.  It is to acknowledge God and His power and ability and strength in my life and His work through my life.  

Q5. (Daniel 4:34-35) What does Nebuchadnezzar’s confession tell us about God? Have you ever given a public testimony of what you have learned about God through your trials? What might your testimony sound like?

By Nebuchadnezzar's confession we learn what he has experienced and learned himself; that God is eternal; Gods kingdom never ends; God cannot be compared to human beings; God is sovereign; God is the King of heaven; God is accountable to none.

No, I have never given a public testimony of what I have learned about God through trails.

I have never had the opportunity to give a public account of my trails, I'm still going through them.   

Daniel 4:34-35) What does Nebuchadnezzar's confession tell us about God? Have you ever given a public testimony of what you have learned about God through your trials? What might your testimony sound like?

God is eternal, his kingdom is eternal, He is above all creation, He is the King of heaven, He is sovereign. I have talked with individuals about God's work in my life, He never fails and when He answers prayer He takes care of more than we even think to ask for.

Q4. (Daniel 4:30; 5:18-21) How does pride show itself in Nebuchadnezzar's life? In what ways does it show up in your life? Pride is tricky. How can pride mask itself with humility?

a,pride showed itself /continued in the life of Nebuchadnezzar as he boasted even after a year that this great Babylon is of his making ,the kingdoms by his own power and his own honor .

Though pride showed up in the kings life ,God brought Daniel into his life to boldly exhort that it is the most high God who gave all this glory honour and kingdoms to the king ,this was stated to the son Belshazzar too.(Ch 5)

b.I have grown out of the habit of pride of the flesh (beauty ), and of this vain things of this world as I grew up (smile) ,,There is a great calm and peace and stable joy ,as old things are washed away 

But still it shows up in subtle ways in conversations and acts as impatience ,where as we humble ourselves every day ,reading ,meditation and asking Gods counsel in decision making ,repentanece of any acts that have grieved the Holy Spirit.

c.yes ,Pride can mark itself as humility and that is deception .,,the wolf in the humble attire of lamb as the Bible warns 

The confession of Nebuchadnezzar tells us that God sustains through the trials and provides reasoning to those who humble,an illness can be a humbling experience ,Sum it all,the power and glory is of God 

Yes ,but very few 

Since I am overwhelmed by my love for God ,I have not considered any of my difficulties as a trial from God ,My testimony is about the way God sustained me to take a right decision ,wait on God ,until He brought a break through .I married late and the wait was and is worthwhile and I did not get into any relationship prior to that as I was always lead to believe that the right person would come at the end  and finally I heard and knew that ,,and it happened  quick and good.(amazing indeed ),In fact the transition from a close relationship from mother ,i met my husband one year prior to my mothers death ,we married within a month of knowing each other .

The confession of Nebuchadnezzar tells us that God sustains through the trials and provides reasoning to those who humble,an illness can be a humbling experience ,Sum it all,the power and glory is of God 

Yes ,but very few 

Since I am overwhelmed by my love for God ,I have not considered any of my difficulties as a trial from God ,My testimony is about the way God sustained me to take a right decision ,wait on God ,until He brought a break through .I married late and the wait was and is worthwhile and I did not get into any relationship prior to that as I was always lead to believe that the right person would come at the end  and finally I heard and knew that ,,and it happened  quick and good.(amazing indeed ),In fact the transition from a close relationship from mother ,i met my husband one year prior to my mothers death ,we married within a month of knowing each other .

Nebuchadnezzar confession about God show that he came to believe that there is only one God, the Almighty, Most High God. We are nothing without Him. He made us not we ourselves. He realized that our entire being exist be cause of God. Yes I have made a public testimony of what I learn through my trials. My testimony sound like a person finally realizing God is going to do things His way by any means to get your attention.

His confession shows that God is above all. HE is what HE is. HE has not to do things to please others and HE is accountable for none. Yes, I've already given testimonies about I have learned about God. This testimony is, in short words, I fall, God supports me, raises me up and teaches me how to be more humble and how to be more like HIM.

The confession of Nebuchadnezzar tells us that the Most High is the Almighty God.  He is the Creator of all.  He gives life and He rules the entire universe.  Holiness is His attribute; neither man, nor angel can have it.  He has the right to lift up of put down any creature, and no one can question about His right.

Rom 9:21  A potter has the right to do what he wants to with his clay, doesn't he? He can make something for a special occasion or something for ordinary use from the same lump of clay.

Rom 9:22  Now if God wants to demonstrate his wrath and reveal his power, can't he be extremely patient with the objects of his wrath that are made for destruction?

My public testimony about God is actually this Bible Study.  I express my understanding that God has shown me through the Holy Scripture without hesitation.  It may not be complete but I am sure it is not wrong because it is not my own wisdom.

It tells that God is great He is most high. Yes I gave a public about my sins and how God Has forgiven me and learned without Him I am nothing. My testimony has brought others to God.

Ancient kings tried to avoid mentioning their weaknesses or defeats in their monuments and official records. From Nebuchadnezzar’s records, however, we can infer that for a time during his 43-year reign he did not rule. The Bible, however, explains Nebuchadnezzar’s pride and punishment.

Q5. (Daniel 4:34-35) What does Nebuchadnezzar's confession tell us about God? Have you ever given a public testimony of what you have learned about God through your trials? What might your testimony sound like?

1. His dominion is an eternal dominion; his kingdom endures from generation to generation. All  the peoples of the earth are regarded as nothing. He does as he pleases with the powers of  heaven and the peoples of the earth. No one can hold back his hand or say to him: 'What have  you done?'" (4:34-35)

2.Yes

3. My son was getting out of prison and did not have anywhere to stay in Texas. He had to live  where he got in trouble at. I live in Louisiana. His ex-wife’s cousin let him stay with her and just  pay one bill. She helped him all she could and was nice to him. Thank God he had a place to  stay.

As his reason and clear mind returned to him, Nebuchadnezzar realized many things about Most High God. Things that he had only known about God from the lives of Daniel and his Jewish friends had now become truths that he knew for himself in his heart – as he had experienced God in his own life. His confession about God reveals these truths:

1. Most High God lives forever, and is to be blessed, praised, and honored.

2. His kingdom and dominion are everlasting and cannot be overthrown or conquered.

3. There is no one on earth who can compare with God.

4. God's will is sovereign in heaven and on earth. His plans supersede all others.

5. His authority is unquestioned and He is accountable to no one.

I have shared public testimony of what I've learned about God through trials. I was invited to share with my church about the experience and lessons from when my mother suffered a ruptured brain aneurysm with subsequent heart attack and was slipping into a final coma that was expected to go into complete heart failure. God gave me Isaiah 55:8-9 to lean on through that experience where He said “My thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways...”. After 10 days with death apparently becoming imminent, God revealed that His ways are indeed higher than any doctor or medical treatment. He miraculously woke my mother up, moved her through intensive care and rehab, and brought her home with 95% restored function and clear mind 6 weeks from the day she entered the hospital! To this day, even her doctors give Him full credit for her recovery. As I've also done many times in private, what I shared was that we each belong to God and His plans for us are sovereign. The doctors had plans limited by their knowledge and ability, and those plans were utterly inadequate in this situation because God chose not to bring healing through them.  So often I prayed that His power and glory would be revealed to every person who was involved, and I confessed to everyone that whatever He did would be right.  I don't know why He chose to preserve and restore my mother's life, but He did it - and in a way that is all and only to His glory!

My testimony is this.  God does not abandon His children when we are in trials. He honored His promises to comfort my grief, give indescribable peace to my breaking heart, and lead me in wisdom and strength as I held fast to my faith in Him and maintained an attitude of praise.  He allows trials in order to teach us deeper things about Himself and ourselves, to grow our faith, to humble and awe us, to train us in righteousness, to give us opportunity to release everything to Him.  God is greater than ANY trial and He has power to change everything, to give us a hope and a secure future.  His answers do not always look like what we have asked for, but they are always the right answers. 

Q5. (Daniel 4:34-35) 

What does Nebuchadnezzar's confession tell us about God? 

We read that Nebuchadnezzar eventually acknowledges God’s supremacy, and confesses that Jehovah is the only true eternal God. Finally admitting that every person on earth lives under subjection to God’s sovereign will, and that God does not rely on man’s approval to accomplish His plans. Yes, I often testify about how God has always been there for me. He was guided and protected me over all the years. This most often only becomes apparent many years after the event. He always knows what is best for me, and the trials I have been subjected to were there as an aid to further transform me into His image. Our gracious Lord uses these adversities to correct us, to restore us, and to strengthen our faith in Him. Sometimes we might even feel that He has abandoned us, or we may even begin to doubt His love for us. But ultimately it is all done for our good. “The Lord disciplines everyone he loves. He severely disciplines everyone he accepts as his child” (Hebrews 12:6). 

1). It tells us that with God, all things are possible; and, he can bring the most prideful and powerful men go their knees. 2). Yes, I have given testimony at a Christian Women's Retreat. 3). I once was lost and now I am found, blind but now I see.