JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

• 2 months later...

The angelic messenger was immediately dispatched from heaven with an answer to Daniel's prayers, but was unable to deliver the message in a timely manner because of a spiritual roadblock. He encountered an ambush by a demonic power called “the prince of the kingdom of Persia” and was engaged in conflict for 21 days. The battle for breakthrough was so intense that the archangel Michael came to assist and the messenger was finally free to bring the word from heaven to Daniel.  What a sobering revelation of the warfare going on in the spiritual realm as evil forces openly set themselves against the will of God.

We can't really know what is going on in the spiritual realm, including when we engage in prayer. When I encourage others to persevere in intercessory prayer for another person, I always remind them that the evil one who has had control for so long will not likely give up easily – so expect things to intensify and look worse before they get better, but expect God to answer. We must deliberately choose to stay on the front line of battle in our role as prayer warriors and commit to pray through. And we're strengthened when we join together in the effort, following the example of watching each others' backs like the messenger (who came to Daniel) and Michael do for each other! The encouragement is our confidence and trust that God is at work on any prayer that will bring Him glory, even if we can't see it yet. We aren't alone in the spiritual dimension when we maintain consistent communication with Him. Our righteous prayers release assistance and answers, so don't give up because help is on the way!

Q2. (Daniel 10:12-13) Why wasn't the angel messenger able to bring his message in a timely manner? HE WAS DETERRED 

Who resisted him?   THE PRINCE of the Persian kingdom resisted me twenty-one days

Who helped him?  MICHAEL, one of the chief princes, came to help me, because I was detained there with the king of Persia

What does this teach us about prayer? THOUGH WE DON'T KNOW HOW IT WORKS; IT IS IMPORTANT TO KNOW THAT IT DOES WORK.  It is also important to not put a time limit on the response.  Much happens that we don't understand.

About spiritual warfare? IT IS REAL AND IS ALL AROUND US!

Q2. (Daniel 10:12-13) Why wasn’t the angel messenger able to bring his message in a timely manner? Who resisted him? Who helped him? What does this teach us about prayer? About spiritual warfare?

In answer to Daniel's prayer, God had despatched an angel to him. However, the angel was met by the prince of Persia (a demonic spirit) who engaged the angel in battle. Michael had to rescue the angel and extricate him from the battle. This affirms God's promise that He hears us and will answer us. However, many times God's angelic messengers are delayed by the demonic forces. Prayers also 'strengthens' the resolve of the angels to reach us with God's answer. Spiritual warfare is very real although it cannot be perceived with the naked eye. However, it manifests itself when we seem to wait for a long time for God to answer our prayers or when everything we do just does not seem to go smoothly. Of course not every bad thing can be attributed to spiritual warfare. Some are just due to the choices that we make. Hence the need to pray for discernment.

Q2 (Daniel 10:12-13) Why wasn't the angel messenger able to bring his message in a timely manner?

The messenger was hindered by a battle.

Who resisted him? Who helped him?

The demonic Prince of the Persian kingdom resisted him. The archangel Michael fought and defeated the enemy and brought the message to Daniel.

What does this teach us about prayer?

Prayer is spiritual warfare. Sometimes Satan can wear us down so that we're too weary or to discouraged to pray, which is another form of hindering communication between us and the Lord. When answers are delayed, we can be tempted to think that our prayers haven't been heard or that no answer is coming. No prayer, no matter how insignificant, is ignored.

About spiritual warfare?

We are in a war! But the battle is the Lord's, not ours. Our role Is to STAND, and to persist in the strength of the Lord, not our own.

(At the moment I've tried a number of times to "post" my answer to this question, and the computer refused to respond....more opposition!)

Why wasn’t the angel messenger able to bring his message in a timely manner? Who resisted him? Who helped him? What does this teach us about prayer? About spiritual warfare?

The angel was unable to bring his message in a timely manner because he was battling with the fallen angel, Prince of Persia.   He was helped  by the angel Michael.  We are to be diligent in prayer and intercede for our national leaders.  We are to pray fervently and earnestly.  There is always going to be struggles against evil forces.  That is why we should  always pray.  Prayer will change things. 

Q2. (Daniel 10:12-13)

Q. Why wasn't the angel messenger able to bring his message in a timely manner? Who resisted him?

A. He was resisted by the Prince of Persia couple with war that was going on.

Q.Who helped him?

A. He was helped by Angel Michael.

Q. What does this teach us about prayer?

A. God hears and answers prayers. We should thus pray fervently and continuously for ourselves, others and nations.

Q. About spiritual warfare?

A. Spiritual and demonic powers exist and they engage us and the nations in battles but our God is more powerful and will win our battles for us . We should submit ourselves to God and the Lord Jesus Christ and resist them by putting on the full armour of God and victory is ours. So help us Lord God

Q2.

Why wasn't the angel messenger able to bring his message in a timely manner? Who resisted him? Who helped him?

As we’ve read in all the episodes of message delivery Gabriel always was prompt – as soon as Gabriel gets it from God delivery was always ensued. But on this occasion, after telling Daniel that God had already gave the answer to his prayer the moment he started praying, Gabriel told Daniel was held up by some fallen angel (demon) that controlled the Persian kingdom. Michael, another archangel came to assist in securing Gabriel’s release.

"Fear not, Daniel, for from the first day that you set your mind to understand and humbled yourself before your God, your words have been heard, and l have come because of your words.” The words of Gabriel, opens up a different approach to prayer, in which we need to humble ourselves. The 21 days of fasting, Daniel undertook to do, teach us that prayers to God must include fasting or abstaining from lavishness and humility, knowing that God answers our prayers in His time, yes in His time.

About spiritual warfare?

We, Christians, find ourselves in spiritual battle of some sort on a daily basis, regardless of our opinion on this war we’re in, without even being able to physically see the assailant. Gabriel’s detention by the evil “prince” of the Persian kingdom in just a tip of the iceberg but it gives us an imperative understanding that there is indeed spiritual warfare here on the land as well as in the air.

Q2. (Daniel 10:12-13) Why wasn’t the angel messenger able to bring his message in a timely manner? Who resisted him? Who helped him? What does this teach us about prayer? About spiritual warfare?

Verse 13 says that the prince of the Persian kingdom-probably some sort of fallen angel, from the devil resisted him, and prevented him from coming for 21 days. Then Michael "one of the chief princes came to help, probably the angel, this time from God. There was a battle in heaven! In spiritual warfare-prayer,  the battle is the Lord's (2 Chronicles 2:15).

(Daniel 10:12-13) Why wasn't the angel messenger able to bring his message in a timely manner? Who resisted him? Who helped him? What does this teach us about prayer? About spiritual warfare?

The angel was held up by the prince of the kingdom of Persia (a demonic spirit, an envoy of Satan).  There is an intense battle going on in the universe that all our 'brilliant' minds cannot see.  The angel from the Lord was held up about 3 weeks until Michael the archangel arrived to 'save the day'.

The only way we can fight this battle is through prayer.  We are to pray with intensity.   I like the idea of a war room and it reminds me of Churchills bunker.  It was intense.

We think we are so smart and yet we dispel the biggest battle of all time.  An epic battle against an unseen enemy and the angelic forces that battle this enemy.  We can see many of the casualties, just go by a cemetery, read the current news, the archives of long ago and see about this the longest battle in history.  And we dismiss it!  Unbelievable!  

God Bless!

Jen

Numbers 6:24-26

Q2. (Daniel 10:12-13) Why wasn't the angel messenger able to bring his message in a timely manner? Who resisted him? Who helped him? What does this teach us about prayer? About spiritual warfare?

Daniel 10:12013 says, "Then he continued, 'Do not be afraid, Daniel. Since the first day that you set your mind to gain understanding and to humble yourself before your God, your words were heard, and I have come in response to them. But the prince of the Persian kingdom resist me twenty-one days. Then Michael, one of the chief princes, came to help me, because I was detained there with the king of Persia. 

The angel messenger was delayed because "the prince of the Persian kingdom resisted me twenty-one days."  This gives us insight into what happens when we pray.  Dr. Ralph speaks of spiritual warfare that takes place in the heavens that we are not always aware is happening.  But Paul speaks of this when he says that our battle is not against flesh and blood, but against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.  I think this is an area most Christians fail to recognize.  If answers to our prayer is resisted by demonic forces, we know that God's forces are fighting toward answers to our prayers.  As I pray, it teaches me to be diligent, to be patient trusting God, and to pray and not give up.  It also teaches me about importance, the priority prayer should have in our lives and the power of prayers. Spiritual warfare is a realm most Christians do not understand and shy away from recognizing, because it is a little outside our realm of reason and observational science, but it is real nonetheless.  I take comfort that with the reality of spiritual warfare, God has given us the weapons to fight - prayer.

Q2. (Daniel 10:12-13) 

Why wasn't the angel messenger able to bring his message in a timely manner? 

Who resisted him? 

Who helped him? 

About spiritual warfare? 

Although the answer to Daniel’s prayer was sent immediately, Gabriel was prevented from getting the message to Daniel for three weeks by the demonic prince of the kingdom of Persia. This passage of Scripture reveals to us that there are not only great and good angels of God ready to help us, but there are also evil angels, fallen angels, demons, that are ready to oppose what God is doing. Gabriel and Michael were to look after God’s affairs for the Israel nation, and Satan had assigned a high-ranking demon over Persia. It was this demon who attacked Gabriel, preventing him from getting to Daniel. Eventually, Michael came to help Gabriel, and with this added power they were able to get the message through to Daniel. From this we are given insight to the nature of the warfare fought in the heavenlies between God’s angels and Satan’s demons. As Paul writes in Ephesians 6:12: “For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.” This explains a lot about the evil that is happening in our world today; especially the killing and corruption that is going on in my country. There are invisible powers at work, controlling the minds and thoughts of men. 

Q2. (Daniel 10:12-13) Why wasn't the angel messenger able to bring his message in a timely manner? Who resisted him?

The demonic power in charge of Persia in the spiritual realm, the heavenly realm, resisted . . successfully for a time, God's angel whose job it was to give God's message to Daniel.

Who helped him? What does this teach us about prayer? About spiritual warfare? 

One of God's chief angels, Michael. whose task, among others, is to protect God's People Israel, had to step in and defeat the "prince of Persia" in order for the lesser angel to be able to do his job. This is a very sobering account in Daniel. It's scary to know that even if God decides to answer our prayers, there are demonic powers that will, and can, delay even the Will of God . . at least until a force more powerful like an archangel takes command of the situation.

What does this teach us about spiritual warfare? It shows me that my understanding of the extent of spiritual warfare has been severely limited, for one thing! We're told in the Bible to pray for our country's leaders because they are God's representative here on Earth. Knowing that a demonic power, powerful enough to dare attempt to circumvent the very Will of God, may be pulling the strings of a country's ruler or government is quite disconcerting. How do we then pray for our leaders? In my own country of Australia at the moment we have a full-on right-wing government that to all intents and purposes doesn't seem to have our country's best interests at heart. They are welcoming with open arms investment from multi-national companies and passing laws that will give these companies power enough to sue our government if they don't make enough money due to government policy. The power wielded by demonic forces over countries was never a consideration for me, but after reading this, it all makes sense. I ask again: How do we pray for our leaders? What kind or prayer? Do we just pray that they'll govern us justly? Do we attempt to take on spiritual powers and authorities or do we leave that for God and His powerful angels to sort out? "Thy Will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven" sounds like we "let go and let God", as the saying goes.

The Angel couldn't get to Daniel for three weeks be cause he was engaged in battle not with the Persian Prince but with a fallen angel, demonic force that had taken control of Persia. The angel messenger is helped by Michael to extricate himself from the spiritual battle. Prayer is the quickest way to reach God. We need to pray constantly for all countries. There is a lot of waring going on around the world, including the United States.

• The angel messenger blocked from coming in a timely manner.
  • The prince of the kingdom of Persia withstood me one and twenty days.
  • Michael, one of the chief princes, came to help me; and I remained there with the kings of Persia.
  • The effectual, fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much. 
  • We need to keep the full armor of God on us at all times.  (Ephesians 6:10-18)

The angel messenger sent with the answer can't get to Daniel for three weeks because of a battle.

"The prince of the Persian kingdom"  - a demonic power, a fallen angel, who is over the demonic forces that control Persia, resisted the messenger.

The angel messenger is helped by Michael to extricate himself from the spiritual battle.​

In Daniel 10 we learn that there is a spiritual battle for nations fought behind the scenes. Prayer is one of our chief weapons. God answers prayer, but the functionality of how it all works is normally hidden from us. In verses 12-13, God pulls back the drapes a bit so we can see. I think the lesson here is to be diligent in prayer and to intercede for our national leaders. They are subject to the normal human failings, of course. But they are also subject to the influence of country-level demonic forces that aren't immediately obvious.

Whether or not you agree with the politics of your country's leader, you must pray for him or her! We fight this battle on our knees. our missionaries in foreign countries  need our prayers Because they are contending for the souls of nations that are in deep spiritual darkness, kept so by country-level demonic powers.

​

Q2. (Daniel 10:12-13) Why wasn't the angel messenger able to bring his message in a timely manner?
A wicked spiritual force, the prince that stood over the affairs of Persia was a counterpart to the messengers ability to bring an answer to Daniel, a strong force was battling against Daniel’s heart’s desire to understand the words he heard, the length of time the angel was detained was 21 days, which equals the time Daniel was in mourning; this force was determined that Daniel would not receive an answer, that Daniel would not understand more of God’s revelation.

Q3. Who helped him?
Michael, the prince set over Israel came to help fight against the powers that were determined that Daniel, a man greatly loved of God would not receive an answer, was why Michael fought against the wicked powers, so that Daniel would receive an answer to know and understand.

Q4. What does this teach us about prayer?
It reveals to me how important the prayers of a righteous man is, Daniel’s heart wanted to understand the things of God, that it superseded his own personal needs.

Q5. What about spiritual warfare?
The apostle Paul explained it very well in (Ephesians 6:12) We wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places: The prince of the world is Satan and his goal is to kill and destroy our faith in God, my heart’s desire is to see what the Messiah spoke in (John 12:31) be fulfilled - “Judgment of this world, the prince of this world be cast out”. – A future promise to the heart’s desire that Daniel understand.

Pray for the peace of Jerusalem should be the heart's desire of all believers.

Q2. (Daniel 10:12-13) Why wasn't the angel messenger able to bring his message in a timely manner? Who resisted him? Who helped him? What does this teach us about prayer? About spiritual warfare?

1. The angel sent with the answer can't get to him for three weeks because of a battle.

2. Satan "the prince of the power of the air"

3. The angel messenger is helped by Michael to extricate himself from the spiritual battle.

4. Prayer is one of our chief weapons.

5. I think the lesson here is to be diligent in prayer and to intercede for our national leaders.

6. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms." (Ephesians 6:11-12)

The angel was sent immediately to answer Daniel's prayers, but he was detained three weeks by an demonic power, which was the demon king over Persia.

The archangel Michael came to assist and extricate the angel who had been sent to answer Daniels prayers.

Prayer is our weapon against spiritual forces, we should be and are encouraged to pray continually.  

Why wasn't the angel messenger able to bring his message in a timely manner?

Because of the spiritual warfare battle.

Who resisted him?

Then prince of the persian kingdom resisted the angel for 21 days.

Who helped him?

Michael, one of the chief princes, later to be known as the Archangel, Michael.

Prayer is one of the chief weapons in spiritual warfare.

About spiritual warfare?

Our missionaries in foreign countries so need our prayers, because they are contending for the souls of nations that are in deep spiritual darkness, kept so by country-level demonic powers.

The angel was delayed by the Prince of Persia, the Angel Michael had to come to fight the demonic entity. This gives us insight into spiritual warfare and how answers can be delayed and what happens in the spiritual realm. We need to not give up when something is layed on our hearts to pray for.

Although God sent a messenger to Daniel, a powerful spiritual being (“the spirit prince of the kingdom of Persia”) detained the messenger for three weeks. Daniel faithfully continued praying and fasting, and God’s messenger eventually arrived, assisted by Michael, the archangel. Answers to our prayers may be hindered by unseen obstacles. Don’t expect God’s answers to come too easily or too quickly. Prayer may be challenged by evil forces, so pray fervently and pray earnestly. Then expect God to answer at the right time.

The angel messenger was unable to bring the message in a timely manner because he was delayed by a demon. So Gabriel had to come and help him fight that demon. This tells us that prayer does work and that we should keep on praying for those in power even if we don’t like them. The spiritual warfare is out there whether we can see it or not. Even if we don’t want to believe it, it is still there and we should be praying asking God for help us fight it.

• 3 weeks later...
2. (Daniel 10:12-13) Why wasn’t the angel messenger able to bring his message in a timely manner? Who resisted him? Who helped him? What does this teach us about prayer? About spiritual warfare? 

The angel messenger could not reach Daniel because the prince of the kingdom of Persia(dark forces or obstruction) withstood or prevented the angel from his mission.The angel or messenger also could come only when he was sent by God,

Micheal ,one of the chief princes came to help him,,,

It teaches us about the obstructions in our prayer life ,though not in our control or by our mistakes ,but due to the darkness of the spiritual kingdom ,which are demoni at war with the light or angels of light and righteousness ,

It teaches us that we should humble ourselves ,call upon the Lord ,and wait patiently ,,We should discern about the warfare in heavenly realm and the plan of God against the plan of Satan on our life and daily interactions ,We should or we must learn to pray righteously ,,anchored on the Word of God ,and pray with all our love ,heart and mind ,