JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

• 2 months later...

This prophecy was given in amazing detail that accurately played out in history. It wasn't just wide generalities, but specifics of kings, battles, victories, losses, and consequences that would span hundreds of years.

Prophecies that told of Messiah's time on earth have also been fulfilled precisely. Micah foretold Christ's birthplace of Bethlehem hundreds of years before His birth (Micah 5:2). Zechariah 11:12-13 recorded the prophecy of His betrayal for 30 pieces of silver (the price of a slave, which revealed Israel's estimation of worth for their King and Redeemer) that would ultimately be used to purchase a potter's field when Judas threw it back in the temple and the chief priests declared blood money could not be placed in the treasury (Matthew 27:5-9). Prophecies of King David (Psalm 22 and 34:20) and Zechariah (12:10) foretold and described Messiah's death by crucifixion 400 years before that manner of execution was developed, even with the specific detail that none of his bones would be broken (which was most common to hasten death by crucifixion).

What this confirms about God is that He is fully omniscient. He is outside the bounds and constraints of time, which He created as a finite parameter for human existence. In His wide and all-encompassing view, He sees what existed before time, what exists throughout time, and what will be after time exists no more. And so He has no problem in giving prophecy. He is simply revealing what He already sees from the first to the final second of time. His truthfulness and accuracy are confirmed by the fact that all fulfilled prophecy (excluding those yet to be fulfilled) has been exact. This, on its own, is enough to “prove” that God exists!

Q3. (Daniel 11) What is your general impression of Daniel's vision after reading the prophetic words matched by their historical fulfillment?  

THE VISION IS FILLED WITH EBBS AND FLOWS.  MEN will do anything to win, including engaging their daughters as weapons.  LOVE trumps war.  One daughter who came with a mission according to her father, fell in love and joined the enemy...Deceit is pervasive, even now.

What other Biblical prophecies can you think of that have been fulfilled so precisely? JESUS BIRTH, DEATH, & RESURRECTION.

What does this teach you about God?  GOD IS ALWAYS FOCUSED ON THE APPOINTED TIME. WAIT ON IT; HE WILL NOT BE RUSHED...HE WILL ALLOW MUCH SUFFERING, IN THE END, HE USES IT TO STRENGTHEN HIS PEOPLE.

Q3. (Daniel 11) What is your general impression of Daniel’s vision after reading the prophetic words matched by their historical fulfillment? What other Biblical prophecies can you think of that have been fulfilled so precisely? What does this teach you about God?

My general impression about Daniel's vision is that God knows precisely what will happen and when it will happen. The reason such visions are released to the prophets is so that they can earn the people about what is to come and to prepare for it - either by turning back to God and praying for God to have mercy and compassion. Some events will still take place as it fulfills God's plan. However God's people can pray for God's mercy and grace to be granted so that they can be strengthened for what is to come. Other prophecies that have been fulfilled are the coming of our Lord Jesus, His death and His resurrection. This account teaches us to number our days, to be aware of our mortality and to make a difference in this world while we can.

Q3 (Daniel 11) What is your general impression of Daniel's vision after reading the prophetic words matched by their historical fulfillment?

Prophecy's accuracy amazes and encourages me! God's foreknowledge is beyond understanding! That He troubles Himself to reveal what is going to happen, sometimes thousands of years before it plays out demonstrates how earnestly He desires to reveal Himself to not only His children, but to an unbelieving world. It also demonstrates His Sovereignty, power and Omniscience! (Why in a crisis is that so difficult to remember????) 

What other Biblical prophecies can you think of that have been fulfilled so precisely?

I think of the prophecies about the birth of Jesus, and God's plan of redemption beginning in Genesis 3:15...and in the same verse, His ultimate defeat of Satan, moments after Adam fell. All of the Old Testament is HIS STORY, revealed in prophecies and which quickened the Wise men to know when to start looking for the star to lead them to the Savior in the manger...and with the appropriate gifts spelled out in previous prophecies, such as Isaiah 60:6 "A multitude of camels from the eastern trading tribes shall cover Jerusalem, the young camels from Midian and Ephah: all the men from Sheba shall come, bringing gold, frankincense and proclaiming the praises of the Lord! ( Fulfilled in Matt: 2:11)

I believe there were at least 125 prophecies fulfilled in just the last days of Jesus' life, death and resurrection.

What does this teach you about God?

Our God is a God of order, infinite detail and creativity. He's all-wise, all knowing. His nature is patience, mercy and justice. Prophecy demonstrates His desire to reveal Himself to those who will seek Him....and to those who try to disprove His existence, prophecy fulfilled often converts unbelieving sceptics. It shows that there are never any surprises to startle or hinder Him. He has seen every moment play out from the beginning of time to the end of time and into eternity, before the foundation of the world was formed. This also teaches me with how much love He created and sustains His creation...and each of us individually.

Q3. (Daniel 11)

Q. What is your general impression of Daniel's vision after reading the prophetic words matched by their historical fulfillment?

A. I find the vision so complex and took the grace of God to keep going on. Nevertheless, it is encouraging that the prophesies came to pass as proclaimed.

Q. What other Biblical prophecies can you think of that have been fulfilled so precisely?

A. The prophesy of Jesus coming to save the world from sin.

Q. What does this teach you about God?

A. God is faithful and His word will come to pass

Q3. (Daniel 11) What is your general impression of Daniel's vision after reading the prophetic words matched by their historical fulfillment? What other Biblical prophecies can you think of that have been fulfilled so precisely? What does this teach you about God?

I think that these prophecies through Daniel’s visions are extremely detailed and precise revelations, hundreds of years ahead of its fulfillment, like the one about the advent of our Messiah. As can be seen, the prophecies in Daniel 11 have been fulfilled amazingly, exactly as they were revealed to Prophet Daniel. Who else except GOD can plan and foretell the future of HIS creation. The fulfillment of these prophesies give us confidence that the remaining   prophesies of this chapter and others in the bible yet unfulfilled, will find fulfillment as God has decreed.

Numerous or rather more than 300 prophecies from the Old Testament prophesying the birth of Jesus has been fulfilled. Jesus himself must have fulfilled more than 100 prophesies.

God ? There’s no denying our All Powerful and Almighty GOD and His Omniscience. “He changes times and seasons ; He sets up kings and deposes them. He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning.” (Dan 2:21) For God, nothing is impossible. God's declaration of Himself in the Book of Isaiah must be taken note of. “For I am God , and there is no other ; I am God and there is none like Me, declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times things that are not yet done.” (Isa 46:9~10)

Q3. (Daniel 11) What is your general impression of Daniel's vision after reading the prophetic words matched by their historical fulfillment? What other Biblical prophecies can you think of that have been fulfilled so precisely? What does this teach you about God?

Daniel's vision and the fulfillment of his vision shows that God knows all things, including things that are future in our timeline, for God is outside of time.  He knows these things, but as taught by Dr. Ralph, those kings were individually responsible before God for their actions.  And God knows what is going to happen and what He reveals to man (in this case, Daniel) is accurate.  I believe we have these revelations and fulfillments to show us that other prophecies that have not yet come to pass can be trusted if they are from God.  Prophecies have also accurately revealed the Messiah's coming as being fulfilled in Jesus of Nazareth.  God is faithful to His Word and we can trust Him.

Q3. (Daniel 11) What is your general impression of Daniel’s vision after reading the prophetic words matched by their historical fulfillment? What other Biblical prophecies can you think of that have been fulfilled so precisely? What does this teach you about God?

This prophecy is amazing in its scope and detail.  And it has been borne out in history so accurately that it leaves me in a sense of awe.  It also amazes me that man in his arrogance so dislikes the things of God that he will attack this magnificent prophecy as being false rather than give praise to the God "who regulates the universe by the mighty power of His command. Hebrews 1:3".  So to God this was not difficult, He knows all things.  He doesn't have to go to school for years to learn, He doesn't have to practice His speech, He just is and does all things by His command. ' Nothing keeps Him awake at night' so to speak.

What I think of is Isaiah 53.  Our gentle, humble Savior who although He regulates the universe, allowed Himself to become of no account in man's eyes and nailed to a cross that He might save all who would come to Him.  What a God, what a Savior.  I am speechless because there are no words to describe.  It is all heartfelt.

Our God is awesome.  That is a word I use only on God so I have one that is for Him alone.

God Bless!

Jen

Hebrews 1:3

Q3. (Daniel 11) What is your general impression of Daniel’s vision after reading the prophetic words matched by their historical fulfillment?

I'm astounded at the accuracy of the prophecies. When people doubt that Scripture is God-breathed, here is a prophetic book that proves God knows the future and I believe it is included in the Bible for just that reason.

What other Biblical prophecies can you think of that have been fulfilled so precisely?

All of the Messianic prophecies concerning the first Advent were fulfilled and Jesus is reported to have been acutely aware that His actions and deeds would fulfill those prophecies. In fact, we only know they were prophecies because the Gospels include the words: So that the Scripture might be fulfilled.

Despite all the plans and posturings of the world's leaders, in the end it is God's Will that will be enacted. God has Sovereign control over everything that has occurred and everything that has yet to occur. He is establishing His Kingdom at his own pace and in His own good time and all the wars and rumors of wars are indeed the birth pangs of that coming to pass.

Daniel's vision was accurate years after his death. They were all fulfilled. The prophets of the Old Testament foretold of the coming Messiah who will take away the sins of His people. Through His birth, death and resurrection He made us justified before God be cause He was the perfect sacrifice.

I have heard it said that history is his (Gods) story. God is all knowing. In addition the kingdoms of this world are nothing compared to God's power and sovereignty (Isiah 40:23). Everything that happens in this world happens in God's appointed time (Daniel 11:36). The author of the notes state that he sets out to;

"...illustrate how precisely the prophecy given in 536 BC comes to pass".

Isiah 53 is another of many examples of the accuracy of of the prophecy of the scripture, this one specifically pertaining to Christ: 

"He was oppressed and afflicted,
    yet he did not open his mouth;
he was led like a lamb to the slaughter,
    and as a sheep before its shearers is silent,
    so he did not open his mouth" (Isiah 53:7).

Q 3. (Daniel 11) 

What is your general impression of Daniel's vision after reading the prophetic words matched by their historical fulfilment? 

It is only an omniscient God that can know future events as portrayed here. The same can be said about the prophecies concerning our Lord Jesus Christ. There are numerous fulfilled Messianic prophecies in the OT. I think specifically of the prophet Isaiah and his prophecies about our Saviour Jesus Christ. In Isaiah 7:14 where we are told about Jesus’ birth: “Therefore the Lord himself will give you a sign: The virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son, and will call him Immanuel.” Also, Isaiah 9:6: “For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counsellor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.” As well as the whole chapter of Isaiah 57; especially Isaiah 53:3-7 is very clear: “He was despised and rejected by men, a man of sorrows, and familiar with suffering. Like one from whom men hide their faces he was despised, and we esteemed him not. Surely he took up our infirmities and carried our sorrows, yet we considered him stricken by God, smitten by him, and afflicted. But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was upon him, and by his wounds we are healed. We all, like sheep, have gone astray, each of us has turned to his own way; and the LORD has laid on him the iniquity of us all. He was oppressed and afflicted, yet he did not open his mouth; he was led like a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is silent, so he did not open his mouth.” Another one is Isaiah 50:6 which accurately describes the beating that Jesus endured: “I offered my back to those who beat me, my cheeks to those who pulled out my beard; I did not hide my face from mocking and spitting.” As believers we should have no problem accepting the Word of prophecy (2 Peter 1:19-21) - the prophetic word is the shining light - the dismal or dark place is the world. What a Mighty God we serve! 

My impression of Daniel's vision being fulfilled by history is the accuracy at which the events had unfolded as predicted.

Other biblical prophecies that have been fulfilled so precisely in the birth of Jesus and his crucifixion by the Romans.

These prophecies teach me that God's reveling events to his servants in the past are accurate, God knows the beginning from the end, his word is true and faithful to us.    

Q3. (Daniel 11) What is your general impression of Daniel's vision after 

reading the prophetic words matched by their historical fulfillment? What 

other

Biblical prophecies can you think of that have been fulfilled so precisely? 

What does this teach you about God?

1. There is someone after us who may make things look good, are up to nothing

nice in our lives. That is Satan. He will send people and use situations 

to get us down in a subtle way.

2. Gideon faced a battle when his men were decreased, but he won.The angel              came to Joseph, Mary,and Zechariah to tell them of their baby which would

be coming. 

3. We need to depend on him for everything and know that the battle is not

ours. Pray and seek him for the things we need to do in a battle and do in

everyday life.

Q3. (Daniel 11) What is your general impression of Daniel's vision after reading the prophetic words matched by their historical fulfillment?

My general impression is somewhat like that of Daniel, I am weak in my knees and I need the assurance from God in order for me to not fear of what the future yet still holds: Even though the vision was given to Daniel’s people who of course are the Jews, they also include all those who believe in the Son of Man, the promised Messiah of Israel is why the “faithful and true” will be able to stand strong as Daniel.

History has revealed much of the prophesy given to Israel has come to pass as foretold; however, there still are pieces of the puzzle that can’t be forced to fit in times past, and yet we know they will be fulfilled, this brings anxiety to my heart for what lies ahead when the Anti-Christ does appear, it is disturbing to see the “SPIRIT” of the Anti-Christ, that of anti-Semitism,  the spirit of Epiphanies’ throughout history, and is lifting its ugly head TODAY, as we see God’s laws being trampled on not just in the world, but in many of the churches, we see the ugliness of hatred to all those who love God and His Commandments, and as Epiphanies did, they will make light of and will abolish God’s Holy Feast days, God’s Appointed Times,

Q4. What other Biblical prophecies can you think of that have been fulfilled so precisely?

There are numerous prophecies in the Scriptures that have been fulfilled, to list a few, it foretold when and where the Messiah would be born, His betrayal, His death and resurrection; and yet we are looking forward to the vision being fulfilled of the “end times” when the dead in Christ will be raised, when the Messiah will rule with a scepter of iron, that of righteousness.

Q5. What does this teach you about God?

God is a God to be feared, he does not change, it is we who must change, we must understand he is a God of mercy and he is a God of judgment: We the “faithful and true” are told to rejoice when we see these signs, for our redemption draws near.

It is so amazing how God fulfills the prophecies he gives to us. When Jesus came he fulfilled the prophecies for his first coming exactly, so this should tell us he will do the same for his second coming.. What God says He will do!

My impression of Daniel's vision after reading the prophetic words as they are historically fulfilled says that God has an eternal plan that embraces eternity to eternity,  The visions that God allows is His generous gift to man so that we can get a glimpse of His sovereignty. God knows the end from the beginning and superintends over our affairs.  We can have the greatest of confidence in that where He leads will bring us to a rich reward.  The reward of sharing in His grandiose plan.  Daniel's vision is God opening a slit in Daniel's present to give him a good gift, a gift of what will be to prepare His people for what is to come. God did the same when He gave the prophetic insight of the birth of Jesus, Our Savior and the Revelation of our rapture to meet Him and live with Him for eternity.  God is a holy, loving, faithful, giver of good gifts and sands ready to share His plans with all who will enter His Presence. 

The vision described a time of trial when even wise believers would fall victim to persecution. If we persevere in our faith, any such experience will only refine us and make us stronger. When you are facing trials? Recognize them as opportunities to strengthen your faith. If you remain steadfast in these experiences, you will be stronger in your faith and closer to God.

The angelic messenger was revealing Israel’s future. Only God can reveal future events so clearly. God’s work not only deals with the sweeping panorama of history but also focuses on the intricate details of people’s lives. And his plans—whether for nations or individuals—are unshakable.

In Isaiah 7:14, the prophet Isaiah addresses the "house of David," meaning the family and descendants of King David, and speaks of a virgin being pregnant with a child, and giving birth to the child. Isaiah says this in the context of it being a sign from God. He also says that the child would be referred to as "Immanuel," which means, "God with us."

General impression of Daniel is that the only way that he could have prophesized this was to have God tell him everything that was going to happen. No wonder he was weak after God had shown him these things.

The Biblical prophecies that I can think of that has been fulfilled so precisely is that of the coming of Jesus. This teaches me that God is in control and as long as I have faith I have nothing to afraid of.

• 2 weeks later...

My general impression is that the vision that Daniel saw will certainly come to pass.

1.  My general impression is that the vision that Daniel saw will certainly come to pass.

2.  [Lk 1:67] The prophecy of Zacharias, about Christ; [Mt 13:14] The parable of the sower and the seed ― And in them is fulfilled the prophecy of Esaias, which saith, By hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and shall not perceive‖[Jer 51:59] The book of this prophecy cast into Euphrates is a token of the perpetual sinking of Babylon;[isa 37:21] Isaiah's prophecy of the destruction of Sennacherib; [2Ch 9:29 Solomon's gold] Now the rest of the acts of Solomon, first and last, are they not written in the book of Nathan the prophet, and in the prophecy of Ahijah the Shilonite, and in the visions of Iddo the seer against Jeroboam the son of Nebat?

3. God's Word will not return unto Him void, He is faithful to His Word.

• 1 month later...