JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q4. Prayer and Geopolitics

Q4. (Daniel 11) What does this rehearsal of prophecy and history teach you about the world rulers and geopolitics of our own time? How does the “big picture” inform us about the events of our day? Do you believe that God knows and cares about the details of your country’s struggles and future? Are you praying for your country’s leaders?

• 2 months later...

God sees the events of our day just as clearly as He saw in Daniel's time. He has the “big picture” in full view and knows exactly what will unfold and to what end in His plan. We can take assurance in the truth that God is in full control and is at work through all the circumstances of the world rulers and geopolitics that are evident today. The troubling times we find ourselves in are no surprise to Him. We don't welcome or desire them, but they are a pathway to an ultimate and glorious end. He knows and cares about every detail about the struggles and failures each of our countries face and desires that all would turn to righteousness and humility before Him. But no matter how the nations fail, He has promised to be faithful to His Word and to His loving care for His children, refining and purifying us in the process.

One of the most important things we should be doing is to faithfully pray for world rulers, whether self-instituted or elected officials. God Himself is the only one with the right, the authority, the power, and the wisdom to change hearts and use circumstances for ultimate good. Whether we see them as good or evil, we need to pray for them. In my alarm, frustration, disappointment, and even anger with leadership in America I need to be more diligent in this. Jesus changes everything!

Q4. (Daniel 11) What does this rehearsal of prophecy and history teach you about the world rulers and geopolitics of our own time? A NEW DAY, SAME TEMPERAMENTS & TACTICS.

How does the "big picture" inform us about the events of our day? IN THE END, GOD ALWAYS WIN.  THE END IS NEAR.

Do you believe that God knows and cares about the details of your country's struggles and future?  YES

Are you praying for your country's leaders? YES, FERVENTLY

Q4. (Daniel 11) What does this rehearsal of prophecy and history teach you about the world rulers and geopolitics of our own time? How does the “big picture” inform us about the events of our day? Do you believe that God knows and cares about the details of your country’s struggles and future? Are you praying for your country’s leaders?

In my opinion, it teaches us that history will repeat itself. Rulers and countries will war against each other because of greed and ego. Nevertheless, God is in control! Hallelujah!

Luk 12:6 “Are not five sparrows sold for two copper coins?fn And not one of them is forgotten before God. Luk 12:7 "But even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Fear not therefore: ye are of more value than many sparrows." God cares about us and knows the trials and tribulations that we are facing. As a result He also knows about our country's struggles. Therefore He is raising up a generation who will bear the burden of interceding for their country and leaders. Our leaders are subject to the normal human failings. But they are also subject to the influence of country-level demonic forces that aren't immediately obvious. Spiritual warfare is happening right this moment. What are we doing about it?

Q4 (Daniel 11) What does this rehearsal of prophecy and history teach you about the world rulers and geopolitics of our own time?

These prophecies of Daniel tell us that God holds all the nations and their rulers in His hand.​

We learned in Daniel 2:21 "He changes the times and the seasons; He removes Kings and sets up Kings. He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to those who have understanding."​

Psalm 119:​91 tells us that "All things, even the entire Universe, serve God." (that includes Satan, who hates God, ends up fulfilling God's purposes) And Psalm 75:6,7 "Not from the east nor from the west nor from the south come promotion and lifting up, But God is the Judge! He brings down one and lifts up another." and Isaiah 14:26b "His omnipotent hand is stretched out over all the nations.

​

How does the "big picture" inform us about the events of our day?

God is causing all things (nations, rulers, Presidents, Kings, Queens, politicians) to work together to ​fulfill His purposes in wrapping up the end of the age, even as He has in past history to bring us to this day.

Do you believe that God knows and cares about the details of your country's struggles and future?

Yes, I do. His care is also for the citizens of each nation who are affected by the way those in power, govern. 

Are you praying for your country's leaders?

Yes. I'm praying for righteous leaders who love God and who will uphold our Constitution, to be elected in America.  We've lost our way, and are devolving into anarchy and rage while leaders stick their fingers into "Gods eye" by calling good what He calls evil, and calling Evil what He calls good.  

I believe God is using the current chaos, unrest, disrespect for law and order, to wake up a slumbering Church world wide and that He hears our cries for a spiritual awakening ....but we must fast and pray

"As the leader ​(leaders) go, so goes the nation."

Q4. (Daniel 11)

Q.What does this rehearsal of prophecy and history teach you about the world rulers and geopolitics of our own time?

A. Kingdoms kings (rulers) will rise and fall but the kingdom our God and Lord Jesus stands forever.

Q. How does the "big picture" inform us about the events of our day?

A. Even in our times, rulers will fight (politicking) and nations will invade others for control. All these are happening.

Q. Do you believe that God knows and cares about the details of your country's struggles and future?

A. Yes I do

Q. Are you praying for your country's leaders?

A. Yes i am. 

Sometimes we start believing that God is only interested in our nation or in Israel and the other nations and people's of the earth are just incidental.  But as we look at this prophecy, it is evident that God is aware of all that is going on and knows the events as they will play out in the future.  This reminds me that ultimately, God is in control  He is not surprised by anything that happens in our world.  He knows leaders who will rise and fall.  And he knows the outcomes of those things that cause us fear and uncertainty.  It tells me that I cannot trust in the events of life or hte circumstances of my life as a determining factor of my plans or goals or even who or what I will place my trust in.  All those things are temporal.  What I can put my trust in is God who is sovereign overall and who knows all things.  And all things are in his hand.  No matter what I see happening in politics or who is "in power" at the time or what conspires to usurp God's control, I know that in the end, God's will shall be accomplished and God will ultimately win.  I only need to trust in HIm day by day.  Our nation's leaders are in need of prayer. Some for repentance and for them to see God's light in their lives.  In fact, I shall be co-leading a prayer movement in our community for Franklin Graham's 2016 Decision America Tour to each state capitol to pray and call upon God for revival and our nation back to God.

Q4. (Daniel 11) What does this rehearsal of prophecy and history teach you about the world rulers and geopolitics of our own time? How does the "big picture" inform us about the events of our day? Do you believe that God knows and cares about the details of your country's struggles and future? Are you praying for your country's leaders?

The kings prophesied by Daniel were ambitious, aggressive, greedy and tyrants. They desecrated temples abolished daily sacrifices and disrupted the Jewish sacrificial system. Today’s world rulers and leaders practice many more severe forms of atrocities that affect people and their livelihood. The following are some which directly affect citizens of the world :-

a) High Taxation ; Treatment of Muslims in Europe ; c) Treatment of Christians in the Muslim World ; d) Racial polarization ; e) Genocidal Policies against Ethnic and Racial Minorities ; f) International Economic Disagreements ; g) Wars and War Crimes ; h) High Level Corruption ; i) Dictatorship ; j) Unexplained executions and assignations ; k) Establishment of Fascism and the list can go on.

What happened in the ancient times happens in a more refined terms today. As it is the predictions concerning the antichrists are already taking shape and place, and as in the days of old, countries today want to accumulate territories claiming lands that were in the possession of other countries. The order of the day in these countries is somewhat like the ancient times written in Daniel 11.

Every person is a creation of God – why would God not care for us – We know God can build but it must be remembered that God can also destroy. This includes countries, rulers and leaders. God has it - destruction of all who persecute His creation.

And yes I do pray for world as well as my country’s leaders.

God does care about the details of our country's struggles and future. Especially pertaining to his elect. God is a God of Justice, the poor and down trodden (Luke 4:18,19), Even in the events in the world today- God allows only what he has appointed (Romans 13:1). God's kingdom is the only kingdom that will last for ever. Every other kingdom will become dross (Psalm 119:119).

Nothing changes except leaders for the most part (an occasional benevolent one) get worse and worse.  Mystery, intrigue, deception, arrogance, pride, boastfulness, self importance, power hungry describe so many leaders today.  Like Nebuchanezzar they are allowed for a time by God who controls the universe by His command.  Right now the Holy Spirit is still holding back the evil that is yet to come .  And what is here now is bad enough.

The "big picture" tells me that things are rolling forward to a set conclusion that conforms with scripture about conditions in end times.

God is a personal God who does care about the events in the world and He cares about individuals.  He is not willing that any should perish.  Who is like  our God?  What an amazing God He is.  He still works in the affairs of men and will to the end when His Son Jesus comes to reign.

I do pray for our leaders however not as frequently as I should.   This lesson has spurred me on to do better.  

God Bless!

Jen

Romans 15:13

Q4. (Daniel 11) What does this rehearsal of prophecy and history teach you about the world rulers and geopolitics of our own time?

It shows me that God still knows what's gonna happen, despite powerful men controlled it would seem by demonic forces thinking they have the power to affect history. In this "Church Age" very little has been prophesied and it's like we're feeling our way through. We must pray for God's guidance.

How does the “big picture” inform us about the events of our day?

Although nation is indeed rising against nation, it is God's Will that will be done!! The spiritual forces we can't see that are influencing today's current events may think they can subvert the Will of God, but in the end they're doomed to fail. Unfortunately they're gonna keep trying . .

Do you believe that God knows and cares about the details of your country’s struggles and future?

Sometimes it doesn't seem like He does. When we see genocide being committed in African countries, political parties coming to power that obviously don't have their countries' interests at heart but are working to weaken their own country to facilitate the introduction of the coming one world government, and terrorists running rampant and unchecked across the globe, we could be forgiven for thinking God doesn't care. Unfortunately the devil has temporary dominion over the world until his time is up. Once the allotted time for iniquity is over, then God will break through and we'll see some real action then!

Are you praying for your country’s leaders? 

Starting today, I am!!

Q 4. (Daniel 11) 

What does this rehearsal of prophecy and history teach you about the world rulers and geopolitics of our own time? 

How does the "big picture" inform us about the events of our day? 

Do you believe that God knows and cares about the details of your country's struggles and future? 

Are you praying for your country's leaders?

This passage of Scripture teaches us that the ultimate power struggle is one that is being fought out in a realm of which we know nothing. It indicates that the events of human history are inextricably intertwined with events in heavenly places. Each world crises we face, is not only being fought out here on earth, but is actually reflections of the fight between our Heavenly Father and all the angelic hosts and the kingdom of darkness. Abraham Kuyper (1837-1920), a Dutch theologian, wrote: “If once the curtain was pulled back, and the spiritual world behind it came to view, it would expose to our spiritual vision a struggle so intense, so convulsive, sweeping everything within its range, that the fiercest battle ever fought on earth would seem, by comparison, a mere game. Not here, but up there - that is where the real conflict is waged. Our earthly struggle drones in its backlash.” Of course Christians are inevitably caught up in this spiritual conflict. However, there will be protection for us, as we are promised spiritual blessings “in the heavenly places in Christ” (Ephesians 1:3). Yes, God knows and cares about our country’s struggles and future. And it up to us to pray earnestly for our leaders. It is our leaders that are fiercely attacked and need our prayers. Remembering that it is only the prayers of a righteous person that are effective. 

As you can see today, prophecy and history during biblical times is only repeating itself thoughout the world and through rulers and geopolitics of our times and time to come. No matter how countries and rulers think their country is better or stronger, God is going to always win in end. All of the waring and negative influences in the world God will always be on top. God always cares about His creation. Yes, I do pray for country's leaders. It's not easy trying to run a country.

Q4. (Daniel 11) What does this rehearsal of prophecy and history 

teach you about the world rulers and geopolitics of our own time?

How does the "big picture" inform us about the events of our day?

Do you believe that God knows and cares about the details of your 

country's struggles and future? Are you praying for your country's 

leaders?

1. They are all not true and we can trust God above everything. We 

should not put our trust in men.

1. There are men in high places that will destroy you and mistreat

you as they did in the older days. 

1. Yes, I do. He will intervene as he see fit, but he will protect 

his people. If man kills one of his devoted servers, God has a 

place for them with him and they still win by being with God.

1. Yes, because the truth is far away from most of them. They need 

prayer to learn, do what is right, and know how to put God first in 

their life.

leaders?

their life.

leaders?

their life.

The prophecies of world rulers and geopolitics from history teaches that in our time soon Jesus will return because many events in the book of revelations by the apostle John are coming to pass.

As these prophecies continue to be fulfilled the big picture of events today are falling right into place as the Lord reveled then to the apostle John.

God is aware of the details of our countries struggles and future as we are. He knows that we are to pray that he has mercy on us and our country.

I pray for our nations leaders and their being aware that God is in control and that they submit to him for guidance and wisdom to lead the nation and it's people.   

• 2 weeks later...

Q4. (Daniel 11) What does this rehearsal of prophecy and history teach you about the world rulers and geopolitics of our own time? How does the "big picture" inform us about the events of our day? Do you believe that God knows and cares about the details of your country's struggles and future? Are you praying for your country's leaders?

I believe we are living in the last days, the pieces of the prophetic puzzle are coming together. God is bringing together all the players in the prophecies. We don't always understand until we see it fulfilled. God is involved with all countries and rulers. What I find difficult is to pray for leaders who seem so evil in their motives. I have prayed that God would reveal himself in a miraculous way.

This rehearsal of prophecy and historical references teach us that the eventualities of our world rulers and the geopolitics of the world can be known and the behavior and outcomes can be influenced by our continual and intercessory praying for our nations.  The end of the book tells us what to expect and we are witnesses to a great detail. That's God's grace.  God loves and cares for His own; when we align ourselves with the plans He has for us we will bring Him glory as we participate in the big eternal plan for the whole universe, The Kingdom of God.

Q4. (Daniel 11) What does this rehearsal of prophecy and history teach you about the world rulers and geopolitics of our own time? How does the "big picture" inform us about the events of our day? Do you believe that God knows and cares about the details of your country's struggles and future? Are you praying for your country's leaders.

We do not know when the Lord will come and judging from events of the past it is useless to pin our hopes on any single sign. Knowing that we are living in the times of the last empire (God will come when Europe is divided), it is more useful to look for trends in politics and the church. Yes, the United States of America will be the last great super power, but that does not mean that it will not suffer temporary set backs. Therefore, what we should look for is a pattern of events and a convergence of the signs. If one sign is present and all the rest are not likely to happen then it is not yet significant. It is only a dress rehearsal.

At the end of time, three converging political forces must dominate the minds, hearts, people and governments of the world through fear or devotion. These are:

Watch the rise and fall of powers and belief systems.

The United States as the major political and military power

Religious will do miracles as proof of their right to enforce religious laws.

Occult.a New Age or spiritualist movements which will do miracles and provide a link with the evil forces.

Homosexual Power. They will have social and legal clout.

Legal Developments. Laws that will facilitate persecution.

Military. Wars are a sign of the end and are usually the biggest emotional trigger.

Natural Disasters. A rise in natural disasters in terms of magnitude and frequency. 

• People must study the word of God
  • People must learn to test the spirits by the word of God not by their feelings.
  • People must learn the prophecies
  • People must share the word of God and not accept the new morality that says that it is wrong to convert others and that all religious practices lead to the same god.
  • Pray for our leaders

At several points in history significant signs have occurred, but the convergence of all signs was still a distant possibility. Trends were not converging. At the significant moment in history we look for trends that give religion political power, that gives psychic phenomena widespread acceptance and that has the Unites States of America as the dominant global political and economic power. Look for a message calling people back to the Creator. Christ Himself says that wars, by themselves, do not signify the end, so the end might come at a time of peace or cooperation among the nations, as they focus on persecuting the people of God

The rehearsal of prophecy and history teaches us that the world rules are all going to be done away with and that our King Jesus is coming to take over the new world. I feel that the events of today are going on for a reason. I don’t know what that reason is but it looks to me that Jesus is going to be coming soon. It looks to me that some more of the prophecy is coming to being. I do believe that God knows and cares about the details of our country’s struggles and future because He is the one that is in control. He know the future and is guiding us to get there.

I do pray for our country leaders hoping that they will change some of the things that is happening here and now.

• 1 month later...

This entire history teaches me that kingdoms pass but God will be always on the control. So we must not to be worried or anxious nowadays because He controls the History. God cares about all the details of all nations on Earth. So it’s a duty to all Christians listen to Paul’s word and pray for our political leaders. I’m frequently praying for Brazil leaders.