JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q4. Jesus Our Mediator

Pastor Ralph

Q4. (1 Timothy 2:5-6; 1 John 2:1) In what sense is Jesus our “one Mediator between God and man”? What happens to this personal relationship with Jesus when we ask a minister or a saint to intercede for us? How is Jesus our Advocate before the Father? In what ways are you an advocate for the powerless in your community? How do you function as a reconciler, a mediator, a peacemaker as you serve Christ?

• 1 month later...

Jesus is our Mediator between God and man. Man has been separated from God by unrighteousness and sin since the day Adam and Eve rejected God's authority in their lives and chose rebellious disobedience. Jesus is the Man of Heaven who came to earth in flesh for the purpose of taking the responsibility for our sin on Himself and bearing God's judgment in our place.  This has created the restoration of relationship and peace with God made available only through Jesus.

Now having perfectly fulfilled His mission and returned to His place in heaven, Jesus arbitrates and advocates for those who have placed their faith in Him. There is no one else who is capable and acceptable before the Father to span the gap between God and man, to mediate the Father's covenant with those redeemed through faith in Christ, to intercede on our behalf in heaven. This is true in the broad sense of the universal Body of Christ, but the relationship established with Christ by saving faith is individual and His mediation is also personal.

Scripture teaches believers to each pray for others. We're also to pray together in unity of faith and like mind, and there is great power in such corporate prayer. I know that there are moments in life when shock, grief, illness, and pain can “knock the wind out” of any believer, and we need someone faithful in prayer to bear us up before the Father for a time. But each believer has a personal relationship with Christ that He expects us to value and ultimately rely on in an individual and personal way. If we put our hope in the person who prays for us rather than in Christ our Mediator, much is lost.

In carrying on the mission of Christ, we do have a degree of position and authority as a go-between for others. It's like we are in the middle, holding onto Jesus with one hand and reaching out to people with the other hand in order to make a connection between the two. We have no power or ability to be the Mediator or to establish peace between God and people, but we have the responsibility to introduce others to the One who can. The first step is evangelism as we mediate the truth with testimony of Jesus as the Way, the Truth, and the Life. When a person takes the hand of Jesus in their own faith, that is followed by discipleship as we keep pointing each other as believers in the direction of spiritual growth. We can teach and mentor others to develop in that personal relationship with Christ, but it must be in the way that leads them to rely on Him as their only authentic Mediator with God.

Jesus only was qualified to stand in the gap for us.  He is a peacemaker.  We ask others to intercede with us, not taking Jesus' place..  We all have been given the privilege of interceding to the Father thru the Son.

He says "I paid for that sin that ______ did."  I pray He'll use me.  The elderly in nursing homes need that intervention.  They enjoy our Bible studies.  We also present the gospel each week to be sure all who attending have a chance to hear & believe.

Q4 (1 Timothy 2:5-6, 1 John 2:1) In what sense is Jesus our "one mediator between God and man?

Jesus became the only "Bridge" or Way for man to be reconciled to God. The first Adam's sin separated us

​from God. Jesus the second Adam, the sinless sacrificial lamb, bought us back from Satan and restored the relationship, to all who will say "yes" to His gift of forgiveness and eternal life. 

What happens to this personal relationship with Jesus when we ask a minister or a saint to intercede for us?

When we ask another to be a bridge between God and us, we negate Jesus' work on the cross as "not enough" to have reconciled us to the Father...that He failed in His mission and His death was a waste of time.

How is Jesus our advocate before the Father?

When Jesus took all of God's wrath and punishment on His body on the cross for me, He positioned me to stand before the Father In His righteousness, forgiven and acceptable, washed clean and unashamed...His own beloved daughter.​

How do you function as a reconciler, a mediator, a peacemaker as you serve Christ?

I am His "letter written not on stone but on a heart of flesh" to represent Him to those around me as His ambassador. I am to be His feet carrying Him to those ​who don't know they can come to Him, and His hands to touch those who need His touch, and His voice to carry His words of reconciliation, life, hope and encouragement.

​Lord, help me never to forget and to walk in this calling.

Jesus is our mediator between God because He paid the price in full for our sins. That is why if we do sin we have Him as advocate to God. He is our go between person because cause we can't go to God ourselves. When we ask for forgiveness, Jesus speaks for us to the Father. We must keep the peace and reconcile the differences for others to come into agreement with each other. We always got to ask ourselves "What would Jesus do".

First, He is our only Mediator with the Father. No man comes to the Father than by Him.
We are commissioned to bring our supplications, prayers, intercessions and thanksgivings
to our Father through His Son in whose name we pray. We pray together as His Body,
the Church gathering before Him. This is the work He has commanded and empowered
us to do as His children.

In what sense is Jesus our “one Mediator between God and man”?

Jesus is both God and Man who's sacrifice brought new life to all mankind.

What happens to this personal relationship with Jesus when we ask a minister or a saint to intercede for us?

Jesus is the one who negotiates the covenant between the Covenant maker and those he came to save.  He is the only one that can intercede on our behalf.

How is Jesus our Advocate before the Father? In what ways are you an advocate for the powerless in your community?

Jesus is our Advocate before the Father because He has already paid the penalty for us.  We that are in Christ can intercede on another's behalf.

How do you function as a reconciler, a mediator, a peacemaker as you serve Christ?

I try to live my life in a way that others would know that I am a child of the most High King.  When circumstances arise, perhaps, others would look to me as one that could help to reconcile, intercede or serve as a peacemaker.

Q4. (1 Timothy 2:5-6; 1 John 2:1) In what sense is Jesus our "one Mediator between God and man"? What happens to this personal relationship with Jesus when we ask a minister or a saint to intercede for us? How is Jesus our Advocate before the Father? In what ways are you an advocate for the powerless in your community? How do you function as a reconciler, a mediator, a peacemaker as you serve Christ?

There is one God and one Mediator, the man Christ Jesus who Himself paid the price for our freedom and deliverance from the kingdom of darkness and brought us into the kingdom of the Son, Christ Jesus.  We do offer intercessory prayers however they are offered to the one and only true God through the shed blood of His Son on the cross for us.  No one else lived a sinless life and died a sinless death for us but the man Christ Jesus who was sent by God to alone atone for our sins. No one else could but God alone.  God will listen to no other advocate than the One He sent to be our mediator, the man Christ Jesus. No one else is acceptable before God than Christ Jesus.  We advocate for others only through Christ.  We are peacemakers only though the power of the Holy Spirit by the atoning death for us on the cross by the man, Christ Jesus.  We do nothing and have nothing on our own.  Only through the Holy Spirit who always points to Christ and Christ alone can we do any good, promote peace, intercede and come into the presence of so righteous, just and Holy God who alone is worthy of praise and glory. 

If we pray though any other name than Christ Jesus do we not in a sense, offer the same strange fire that Aaron's sons did in Leviticus 10.

God Bless!

Jen

2 Corinthians 2:14

Q4. (1 Timothy 2:5-6; 1 John 2:1)

Q. In what sense is Jesus our "one Mediator between God and man"?

A. He stands in the gap for us (between us and God) interceding for us

Q.What happens to this personal relationship with Jesus when we ask a minister or a saint to intercede for us?

A. That Jesus intercedes for us is a privilege and favour and he is available for us so we should go him directly. 

Q. How is Jesus our Advocate before the Father?

A. He pleads our cause with the Father declaring us not guilty because he has paid fully for our sin. 

Q. In what ways are you an advocate for the powerless in your community?

A. I Could do better so help me God

Q. How do you function as a reconciler, a mediator, a peacemaker as you serve Christ?

A. By mentoring, encouraging, restoring friends and relatives who are far from God and praying for them as well as for their needs.

Q4. (1 Timothy 2:5-6; 1 John 2:1) In what sense is Jesus our “one Mediator between God and man”? What happens to this personal relationship with Jesus when we ask a minister or a saint to intercede for us? How is Jesus our Advocate before the Father? In what ways are you an advocate for the powerless in your community? How do you function as a reconciler, a mediator, a peacemaker as you serve Christ?

Paul described Jesus as the "one mediator between God and men" (1 Timothy 2:5,6). The word mediator is defined in the notes as, "one who mediates between two parties to remove a disagreement or reach a common goal, mediator, arbitrator". So God and mankind are separated because of the state of sin in mankind, now because of what Christ has done for mankind, he qualifies as the mediator between God and his believers. So now, we are Christs representatives, he is the prince of peace, but "blessed are the peace makers for they will be called the sons of God" (Matt 5:9).

Jesus is sitting at the right hand of God and is interceding for us. When we ask a minister or saint to intercede for us it is removing that personal relationship that we are to have with the Father. We are no longer speaking to the Father ourselves but letting somebody else do that for us. We are an advocate for the powerless in the community because we are praying for them all the time. We function as a reconciler, mediator, and peacemaker as I serve Christ by praying for those that are in need for prayer.

In what sense is Jesus our "one Mediator between God and man"?

Because of the sin we inherited through Adam and the sin we commit every day on our own, without a "mediator" we would face the penalty for that sin. Romans 6:23

If we are born-again, and have placed our faith and trust in Jesus Christ, He will stand for us as "Mediator" as we as sinners can't do. For GOD is Holy.

We cannot stand before Him in our own created righteousness, for our righteousness, that which we would brag about, is as filthy rags in His presence. Isaiah 64:6

Jesus Himself is the only One Who can stand as Mediator for us. He is the only One Who is Holy as GOD is Holy. 1 Timothy 2:5-6; Luke 1:35 & 49; Romans 3:10

To ask another whether minister or lay person to "intercede" for us in the sense that we are expecting that person to be a "mediator" would be wrong, very wrong.

And yet there are several types of prayer, including "intercession", and praying for another or asking others to pray for you and with you is in keeping with 1 Timothy 2:1-4

In truth we are all to be intercessors, just as those of the church prayed for Peter in prison. Acts 12:5

To carry to the throne of grace in Jesus Name, the needs of those around us, even those far away we don't even know, is an honor given only to a Christian.

"The righteous cry out, and the LORD hears, and delivers them out of their troubles. The LORD is near to those who have a broken heart, and saves such as have a contrite spirit [crushed very small to dust and cast down - Hebrew-Chaldee Lexicon]."  

We must be aware that any teaching that suggests praying to a saint or in the name of a saint, whether living or dead, is idolatry.

Nothing in Scripture supports the idea of asking someone in heaven to "intercede" in prayer. No one in heaven has any more right to His throne of grace than we do from our knees here on earth!

Jesus Himself gave us the pattern for our prayers. Matthew 6:9-13  And nowhere in Scripture did He suggest that we consult someone in heaven to intercede for us.

On the contrary, Jesus Christ is designated as our "Mediator" because no one, living or dead can stand before our Holy GOD.  

How is Jesus our Advocate before the Father?

Interestingly, the word "advocate" is used only once in the NT.

In 1 John 2:1, John speaking to those who believe Jesus is the Christ (John called them 'little children') tells us that though we should not sin, but if anyone does sin, we have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous.

That word "advocate" is 'parakletos' and is the same word that is translated "Comforter" in John 14:16 & 26; John 15:26 & John 16:7, and it means "one who pleads another's cause; an intercessor; counsel for the defense as in Christ in His exaltation at GOD's right hand, pleading with GOD the Father for the pardon of our sins."

And in Thayer's Gr. Lexicon we can read that a parakletos is the Holy Spirit destined to take the place of Christ with the apostles after His ascension to the Father, to lead them into deeper knowledge of gospel truth and give them the divine strength needed in the future.

Isn't that amazing!!

Then in the epistle to the Hebrews we read that Jesus is a high priest "forever" in the order of Melchizedek. In Hebrews 7 we can read that Melchizedek was without father or mother, without genealogy, with no beginning of days or end of life, "but made like the Son of GOD, remains a priest continually."

Often, Melchizedek is referred to as a "type" of Christ.

The priesthood until Christ was only temporary. The priests lived out their lives but when they died, had to be replaced. And these priests who carried the sacrifices into the temple, even the once a year sprinkling of blood in the Holy of Holies, had to first make sin offerings for themselves before they could officiate for the people.

But Christ Jesus is, as it says in vs 21, "The LORD has sworn and will not relent, "You are a priest forever according to the order of Melchizedek"

And in vs.26 - 28 Scriptures tell us, "For such a High Priest was fitting for us, who is holy, harmless, undefiled, separate from sinners, and has become higher than the heavens; who does not need daily, as those high priests, to offer up sacrifices, first for His own sins and then for the people’s, for this He did once for all when He offered up Himself.  For the law appoints as high priests men who have weakness, but the word of the oath, which came after the law, appoints the Son who has been perfected forever."

To even consider a human "priest" as one who can mediate between us and GOD, to be the advocate is unthinkable.

In what ways are you an advocate for the powerless in your community?

This community is very sparse as the population of this little town is less than 100 souls. Some are church goers but most are not. They are, for the most part, quite poor.

There are a few widows who are older than I am, and when one particular charity comes in once a month, I try to make sure they get a portion of the food that is offered.

I do pray for them and others, but I know I am not persistent enough. The Apostle Paul was able to say, "First, I thank my GOD through Jesus Christ for you all, that your faith is spoken of throughout the whole world. For GOD is my witness, whom I serve with my spirit in the gospel of His son, that without ceasing I make mention of you always in my prayers."

What an amazing statement!

And to the church in Ephesus the apostle wrote, "Stand therefore, having girded your waist with truth, having put on the breastplate of righteousness, and having shod your feet with the preparation of the gospel of peace; above all, taking the shield of faith with which you will be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked one.  And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God; praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, being watchful to this end with all perseverance and supplication for all the saints —  and for me, that utterance may be given to me, that I may open my mouth boldly to make known the mystery of the gospel,  for which I am an ambassador in chains; that in it I may speak boldly, as I ought to speak." Ephesians 6:14-20

To be able to say without hesitation that he prayed with perseverance and supplication "for all the saints" is another amazing statement.

Oh that I should be able to say that too!

How do you function as a reconciler, a mediator, a peacemaker as you serve Christ.

I attempt to be ready "in season and out of season" to share His gospel. 2 Timothy 4:2

I carry with me at all times a small evangelism NT and a brand new bible that is marked in such a way as to lead a person through His Word, from Romans 3:23 to finally reach Revelation 3:20

I don't like calling it a "method" but in a way it is as it puts the burden of the witness onto the Holy Spirit and we know that His Word is "living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. And there is no creature hidden from His sight, but all things are naked and open to the eyes of Him to whom we must give account." Hebrews 4:12-13

And in Isaiah 55:11, the LORD said, "So shall My word be that goes forth from My mouth; It shall not return to Me void, But it shall accomplish what I please, and it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it."

To be obedient in the calling to share His gospel is my part, bringing that one into the family of GOD is His part.

A way to be reconciled to GOD the Father, through His work as Mediator and Peacemaker is all I can offer.

In what sense is Jesus our "one Mediator between God and man"? 

A mediator is a person who serves as a middleman or go-between to bring two opposing parties together. 

We are by nature sinners, and in this sinful state we are completely estranged from a Holy God, who will not tolerate anything that is unholy or unclean. 

Jesus, however, eliminated this gap between God and man by sacrificing His life on the Cross for our sins and purchasing our forgiveness. 

Cleansed of our sin through the blood of Jesus, we now have fellowship with God the Father. 

We have been reconciled to God through His Son’s work as our Mediator.

There is only one Mediator, and His name is Christ Jesus.

However, a minister or saint, who has been empowered by Christ can intercede for us, but it must go through our Lord Jesus. 

As our Advocate, we have Jesus coming before God as our defence attorney. 

Jesus’ argument on our behalf is based on His own atoning work. 

We have to be completely honest with Jesus if we expect Him to act as our Advocate before God.

Only if we are truly honest with Him and confess our sins, will Jesus be faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness (1 John 1:9). 

As Jesus Christ’s representatives here on earth we are able to function as a reconciler, mediator, and peacemaker serving Christ. 

Jesus is our "one Mediator between God and man", because he is the only Son of God. Through Christ, God is reconciling sinful man to himself by the sacrifice of his son. Though we sin we have a heavenly Mediator between God and man.

We are to go to directly to Jesus in prayer, he is our advocate before God the Father. Going to others to advocate for us before God, such as Mary, Jesus mother or dead saints nullifies our prayers to the Lord. There is no other but Christ that is our mediator between man and God.

Jesus is our advocate between man and the Father, because he was God's only son who suffered, died and rose from the dead to redeem us of our sins. After ascending to heaven and being seated at the right hand of God, he pleads as our legal adviser before God.

In our community followers of Jesus are the advocates for the powerless society, because they plead to the Lord for the help they need. Interceding for them in prayers displays our love for them glorifies the Lords name.

By bringing the lost in our community to the knowledge and salvation of Christ we function as a person who reconciles them to the Lord. We can mediate for them for they know not Christ and can plead for them. As peacemaker, we can help to develop peace between races or different cultures in our society. We help to bring the lost to the Lord.       

Q4. (1 Timothy 2:5-6; 1 John 2:1) In what sense is Jesus our "one Mediator between God and man"?

My Answer: Jesus is the Only One qualified to be our Mediator with God. He has the unique relationship with God as a Member of the Holy Trinity and as such He can communicate with God in a way no other being can. He also has the unique status of being the Son of Man. He can intercede for us with the compassion of One Who knows exactly what it is like to be human, to experience longing, pain, suffering, confusion, separation and anxiety.

My Answer: Jesus is God. To pray to a saint or Mary or any other being is praying to an impotent idol, adding a layer of sin disguised as intercessary prayer

My Answer: Our names are in the Book of Life. Jesus earthly assignment was to rescue God's chosen ones. Jesus told the Father He had not lost a single one that God has placed in His care. Jesus cares about us more than any other and desires us to have eternal life with the Holy Trinity.

My Answer: We support a child through World Vision. We support the local church. We support United Way. We take care of our aging parents.

My Answer: I try to maintain a positive attitude at work, helping others to see the bright side of the situation, to give the other person the benefit of the doubt. I give glory to God openly, as God inspires, being careful not to "slap people upside the head" with "holiness".

Jesus is our "one Mediator between God and man" i the sense that He alone is qualified to stand between man and God to intercede for our salvation.  When a minister intercedes on our behalf they make intercession through Jesus.  Jesus admonishes us in John 14:13-14, "And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it."  The effective prayer the Minister makes on our behalf is through Jesus Our Mediator.  

As Advocate, Jesus represents us to the Father.  He makes the appeal for us when the accuser attempt to tarnish our righteousness.  For those in the community who would be displaced, ridiculed or persecuted our voice must be the voice that causes those in authority or those who can; affect the necessary changes that will alleviate the pain and suffering of the weak.

As I serve Christ in a spirit of humility I do, as the situation warrants, present myself to be the one that unites and be reconciler, mediator and peacemaker.

Q4. (1 Timothy 2:5-6; 1 John 2:1) In what sense is Jesus our “one Mediator between God and man”?

Jesus said, I am the way the truth and the life, no-one comes to the Father except through Me. He Himself clearly states that He is the only Mediator.

It is like one person asking another to speak to a Third who will talk to God. That is not a personal relationship and not what God desires as He wants us to know Him personally

He is familiar with our struggles and pleads our case before God the Father continuously, therefore our advocate.

Well you can stand up for them by voicing their dilemma.

The more you get closer to God, the more you learn to be like Jesus, and Jesus are all these things.

Q4. (1 Timothy 2:5-6; 1 John 2:1) In what sense is Jesus our

"one Mediator between God and man"? What happens to this personal

relationship with Jesus when we ask a minister or a saint to intercede for

us? How is Jesus our Advocate before the Father? In what ways are you an 

advocate for the powerless in your community? How do you function as a

reconciler, a mediator, a peacemaker as you serve Christ?

1. 1 Timothy 2:5-6  5) For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus  6) Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.
  1. Nothing happens and our relationship with God is not connected. We need

Jesus to intercede for us not man.

1. Jesus alone is qualified to stand between God and man to intercede for

our salvation.

"For there is one God and one mediator between God and men, the man 

Christ Jesus, who gave himself as a ransom for all men." (1 Timothy 2:5-6)

I am a "Mediator "one who mediates between two parties to remove a disagreement 

or reach a common goal as a mediator.

1. I speak for them when they need a voice. I intercede when there is a situation 

that needs my attention as a woman of God to those who will listen to me.

1. Through prayer, being an example as a christian woman, and giving counsel to

help others communicate well.

First, He is our only Mediator with the Father. No man comes to the Father except by Him.

We are commissioned to bring our supplications, prayers, intercessions and thanksgivings
to our Father through His Son in whose name we pray.

We pray together as His Body,
the Church gathering before Him. This is the work He has commanded and empowered
us to do as His children.

Q4. (1 Timothy 2:5-6; 1 John 2:1) In what sense is Jesus our "one Mediator between God and man"? What happens to this personal relationship with Jesus when we ask a minister or a saint to intercede for us? How is Jesus our Advocate before the Father. In what ways are you an advocate for the powerless in your community? How do you function as a reconciler, a mediator, a peacemaker as you serve Christ?

God has a dispute with us because of sin. Sin is described in the Bible as transgression of the law of God  and rebellion against God  God hates sin, and sin stands between all of us and Him. “There is no one righteous, not even one” . All human beings are sinners by virtue of sin we have inherited from Adam, as well as the sin we commit on a daily basis. The only just penalty for this sin is death , not only physical death but eternal death. The rightful punishment for sin is an eternity in hell.

Because of Jesus’ mediation, minister or saint can now intercede in prayer on behalf of other Christians or for the lost, asking God to grant their requests according to His will.

Jesus Christ in the New Testament our ultimate intercessor, and because of this, all Christian prayer becomes intercession since it is offered to God through and by Christ.

Christ being an Advocate, the Greek word parakletos appears five times in the New Testament, and is only used by the apostle John. He is the one who comes to our aid when we sin, to stand by us and plead our case before God, interceding for us upon the throne of God, as we confess our sins

In Christ we function as a reconciler, a mediator, a peacemaker as you serve. There is no more remembrance of sin, for HE brings forth a new creation life, old things passing away, and behold, all things becoming new.

1 Timothy 2:5-6; 1 John 2:1) In what sense is Jesus our "one Mediator between God and man"? What happens to this personal relationship with Jesus when we ask a minister or a saint to intercede for us? How is Jesus our Advocate before the Father? In what ways are you an advocate for the powerless in your community? How do you function as a reconciler, a mediator, a peacemaker as you serve Christ?

Jesus is our mediator with God because He is the final sacrifice, He stands between us and the Father pleading our case because the debt has already been paid. If we have someone pray for us that is ok but if we pray to a dead Saint that will get us nowhere with God. We can stand with others in prayer because where two or three are gathered together in His name then He is there.

• 2 years later...

Jesus is the Only one fit for the job because He himself took our sins upon Himself at the cross. He intercedes for us on our behalf when the enemy Satan accuses us of wrongdoing aka sin. We are voiding it out by choosing to let the minister/saint to do the work of Jesus Christ instead which is not right. Jesus is the legal assistant advocate for our lives and sins that makes us right before God when Satan comes before God to accuse us of sins. For Christ is righteous enough to be our advocate and come before God and make us righteous in God’s eyes. I hate to say it but I am not an advocate for the powerless in my community since I am homebound. I am a lay counselor and server as one in a ministry position and love doing it. 

Q4. (1 Timothy 2:5-6; 1 John 2:1) In what sense is Jesus our "one Mediator between God and man"? What happens to this personal relationship with Jesus when we ask a minister or a saint to intercede for us? How is Jesus our Advocate before the Father? In what ways are you an advocate for the powerless in your community? How do you function as a reconciler, a mediator, a peacemaker as you serve Christ?

Jesus is our mediator because he is the only one who was worthy to die on the cross for our sins. He is the Son of God and the Son of Man. He is the only one who can speak to God for us. Through Christ’s death we were reconciled to God and now He is our mediator. He paid the ultimate price for our sins yet he knew no sin.

When we ask a minister or saint to intercede for us we deny Him and what He has done for us. Then we are replacing Him with another person who cannot possibly be our mediator because they are not divine and they are sinful yet and have no right to speak for us. Only Jesus has that right since he paid the price and offered up Himself for the sacrifice.

Jesus is our advocate because He is defending us before the Father when we are accused by Satan. Only he can do this because He is righteous and without sin.

Right now, I do not have any advocacy in my community. In the past. my daughter and I tried to be peacemakers in a former church we were at. We sent letters to them that had poems in that had poems in we felt God led us to write to convict them. Yet none of them ever came back. In my family, I tried to reconcile with my sister but she refused to listen.

Edited by Lottie
misunderstood last question

• 1 year later...
On 12/10/2015 at 2:18 PM, Pastor Ralph said:

Q4. (1 Timothy 2:5-6; 1 John 2:1) In what sense is Jesus our “one Mediator between God and man”?  He is basically the advisor that can judge as God, but still empathize as Man. 

What happens to this personal relationship with Jesus when we ask a minister or a saint to intercede for us? I don't see why you can't have a personal relationship with your minister and Jesus. You should be able to confide in as many advisors as possible since all opinions help you make more informed decisions.

How is Jesus our Advocate before the Father? When we go astray, Jesus advocates for us to his Father.

How do you function as a reconciler, a mediator, a peacemaker as you serve Christ?

I do what I can to help missing kids get reunited with their families. I don't know that I'm a peacemaker or a mediator, I just look at it from the perspective of helping when there is a need. I hope this serves the Lord in a way that pleases him. 

• 1 year later...

Jesus is the one who gave his life for us and he is our mediator with God. There is no other mediator.

Since Jesus is the one mediator then it is not appropriate to pray to another saint to intercede for you. It can actually hinder the deeper relationship a person can have with God.

Jesus intercedes for us and he is the perfect representative for us. God has reconciled the world to himself in Jesus.

One way is if someone is saying something that is not right about another and I understand the situation better I will try to help the person saying something to have a more understanding heart. If I can help with any physical needs I try to help or ask The Lord to help provide. If there is any conflict going on I like to try to keep peace. I don't like confusion among people.