JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q3. Jesus the Way

• 2 months later...

Q3. (John 14:6; 10:7, 9) In light of all the world's religions, how can Jesus be the Way to God, the exclusive door or gateway? Why does this offend the world? Since it is true, how can we most winsomely declare this truth to our generation?

DISTRACTIONS ARE DESTRUCTIVE; in my personal life, I declare that I have nothing left to prove.  I don't.  The answers are all aligned in the Bible.  As I read them, absorb them, and act on them; the light of Jesus shines through me and others follow.  When they get close enough, they see what I see.  Like a great meal, I offer them a serving and they partake of decline.  It is that simple.  Like the commercial years ago put out by Starkist Tuna and Charlie:  "God doesn't want followers with good taste, He want those to taste good. Oh taste and see...Those who are offended will eventually see the light; my job is to shine it.

Q3. (John 14:6; 10:7, 9) In light of all the world's religions, how can Jesus be the Way to God, the exclusive door or gateway?

My Answer: The world's religions have no bearing on the truth of the divinity of Jesus Christ. It doesn't matter what worldly opinions exist regarding the path to God. The Authority, God Alone, has declared Jesus is the Way, the Truth and the Life.

Why does this offend the world?

My Answer: None of us likes to be limited in our choices, to be held accountable for all of our actions, to conform to the will of an authority. If Jesus can be rejected as intolerant or inflexible, it may be easier for followers of other religions to believe the teachings of their doctrine.

Since it is true, how can we most winsomely declare this truth to our generation?

My Answer: The fear of rejection is another tool used by Satan in an effort to prevent the spread of Christianity. Being a witness for Jesus is no more complicated than connecting with Him on a daily basis, going where He leads, speaking His truth when prompted, remaining silent when appropriate, walking the talk in all areas of life. With Jesus as my Source of Power, I cannot fail. In my own strength I have many failures but He is always there to pick me up, to patiently guide me. He never gives up on me and He never stops loving me. Nothing can separate me from His love and protection. I am a victor in Him!

He has the authority from God the Father the only true God.  He paid the way for us to come to God.  No other religion has a true Savior.

This offends the world because they don't see themselves as sinners--they want to do it their way!

Befriend them, let them see Jesus in you and tell them the Truth.

Q3.(John 14:6; 10:7,9) In light of all the world's religions, how can Jesus be the Way to God, the exclusive door or gateway? Why does this offend the world?

​He is Creator God, who made everything which exists, visible and invisible. He is the only authority and power, and as such is the One Who became the Door by laying down His life on the cross to redeem all that was lost in the fall of Adam. There is no other gateway but by Him and receiving the gift He offers to any who will receive and accept that His blood alone can secure forgiveness from sin and the cleansing necessary to become His child.

Absolutes offend a world drowning in anarchy and narcissism. The fall produced in mankind the same thing which caused Lucifer to be thrown from Heaven....the desire to be God! The desire to achieve through our own effort and self righteous "achievements" an entrance through The Gate. The same thing that offended Cain in the Garden which led to the first murder....rebellion against God's prescribed and acceptable offering...shed blood...versus Cain's offering of garden goods produced by the sweat of his brow.​ It's the thing "in us" when used rightly allows the 2 year old to grow up and become independent. Used wrongly we deny our need for dependence upon God.  In a word: PRIDE.

Since it is true how can we most winsomely declare this truth to our generation?

​It has been said that there are 5 gospels, the first 4 are seldom read. We are the 5th gospel. A short testimony of how Jesus has changed our life is very powerful, because innately everyone knows due to conscience, that they fall short and need to be rescued from themselves. Some more than others. The Holy Spirit's work is to prepare the hearts to receive those the Father is drawing to Himself. (The knowledge that scripture tells us that no one comes to the Father unless He draws them, helps me to relax and just listen to His Spirit as I share, when I share, and what I share.)

​Pointing fingers at others sin is NOT our purpose and is never productive.. that creates shame and a barrier to being able to hear how much God loves each one. I was told recently that my countenance is my first witness...that His love and joy are visible on my face....(total surprise to me!!!) That makes sense though....who is attracted to a sour puss curmudgeon who complains and criticizes? Gentleness is my motto, and not oversharing....some sharing is a simple seed being planted...or water sprinkled on seed previously sown by another. I try to maintain eye contact...it's easy to see when enough has been shared and I never pressure or force....I am just His voice for that moment, the rest is His work.

Q3. (John 14:6; 10:7, 9) 

In light of all the world's religions, how can Jesus be the Way to God, the exclusive door or gateway? 

Since it is true, how can we most winsomely declare this truth to our generation?

The world feels offended by Christians telling them about the only way to heaven, and often say we have no right to tell them this, since they have their own way. 

There are so many different religions in the world today but they are all based on human achievement, and human righteousness.

We invent new religions that accommodate our shortcomings and set standards that are humanly achievable. 

The only righteousness that God will accept is the perfection that He imputes to those who accept His Son as Saviour.

Only Christianity is based on this Divine accomplishment, and Divine righteousness. 

Jesus is Himself the way to heaven. He does not merely show us the way; He is the way.

We can only spread the Word hoping that the Holy Spirit has opened their ears and hearts.

But to the world spiritual things are foolishness to them.

Why waste time on spiritual things when you could be making money or having fun?

Q3. (John 14:6; 10:7, 9) In light of all the world's religions, how can Jesus be the Way to God, the exclusive door or gateway? Why does this offend the world? Since it is true, how can we most winsomely declare this truth to our generation?

1. Because God said it

2. Because God said it

3. Tell them that God so loved the world that He gave His only Begotten Son that who so ever believeth in Him should not perish but have everlasting life (John 3:16) because God said so.

God Bless!

Jen

Isaiah 35:8

He made a Way for me and it is the way of holiness through Him, to Him, for Him, by Him.  Is there a hymn about the highway or Way of Holiness?  If there isn't there should be.

We need to examine our own ministries, divisions, and legalism instead of the Gospel,

We need to show that Gospel working in our own lives and organisations, and to take

it into places where it can be seen as the effective answer to peoples' spiritual and

practical needs.

Q3. (John 14:6; 10:7, 9) In light of all the world's religions, how can Jesus be the Way to God, the exclusive door or gateway?
Even before Aristarchus of Samos (310-230 BC) first declared the sun to be the center of the our solar system (heliocentrism) and for that matter, that the earth was a sphere not flat, Pythagoras (Greek philosopher/mathematician, 570-495 BC) said that the earth was a "globe."
He wrote:
“Should one in boldness say, Lo, I am God!
Besides the One--Eternal--Infinite,
Then let him from the throne he has usurped
Put forth his power and form another globe,
Such as we dwell in, saying, This is mine.
Nor only so, but in this new domain
For ever let him dwell. if this he can,
Then verily he is a god proclaimed.”

While there were other astronomers and mathematicians (Eratosthenes - 276-194 BC) who supported these concepts, until that time, and even for centuries after, "geocentrism", a flat earth being held up by various entities was considered "truth."

But the bible tells us from as early as 2100 BC (Job 26:7), that not only was the world hanging in space without the need of anything to hold it up but that it was round not flat.(Isaiah 40:22 - about 711 BC)

What does all of that have to do with Jesus being the only way to GOD?

The truth of the earth's orbit and shape as revealed to humanity, is the same as with the religions of the world.
A. W. Tozer (1897 - 1963) once said, "There are two religions, Christianity and all the others."

When Jesus said, "I Am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No one comes to the Father except through Me" (John 14:6), He spoke the truth, because He is Truth, and because He Himself said, "For I have not spoken on My own authority; but the Father Who sent Me gave me a command, what I should say and what I should speak. And I know that His command is everlasting life. Therefore, whatever I speak, just as the Father has told Me, so I speak" (John 12:49-50)

Some like me may have always believed in GOD. I know I did from my earliest recollections. But while I had belief (even demons believe and even worship Him - Mark 5:6-7 & James 2:19) my belief was not evidenced by saving faith.

So the fact is, some who even believe in Jesus don't have believing, saving faith in Him. Without naming names, some other religions acknowledge Jesus in one way or another, but only Christianity holds Him as Deity, as 'the Son of GOD', Savior, Redeemer, Kings of Kings, LORD or Lords, Messiah, the Second Person of the Godhead.
"He is the image of the invisible GOD, the firstborn over all creation" (Colossians 1:15), "the head of the body, the church, who is the Beginning, the firstborn from the dead, that in all things He may have the preeminence." (Colossians 1:18)

He IS Who He is!
John 1:1-5, "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with GOD, and the Word was GOD. He was in the beginning with GOD. All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made. In Him was life, and the life that was the light of men. And the light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
To the believers in Corinth, the Apostle Paul wrote: "but we preach Christ crucified, to the Jews a stumbling block and to the Greeks (Gentiles) foolishness."  1 Corinthians 1:23

That hasn't changed in 2000 years. GOD's chosen people, the Jews still "stumble" over Christ crucified. And to all the rest of the world's people, He is "foolishness" (absurdity!)

Most all of us, at one time or another have heard someone say, "why do I need a 'savior', I've never done anything wrong. Besides, I don't believe in GOD!"  But only a fool denies GOD. (Psalm 14:1)

Abraham Lincoln once said, "I can see how it might be possible for a man to look down upon the earth and be an atheist, but I cannot conceive how a man could look up into the heavens and say there is no God."  ("The heavens declare the glory of GOD; and the firmament shows His handiwork" Psalm 19:1)

This world grows darker by the minute. The evidence of debauchery and filth used to be something that those who wanted it, had to look for. Books, movies and television had barriers (rating systems) that for the most part, protected those of us who found offensive the garbage being passed off as entertainment.
But now, it is so universal, that even to turn on your computer, generally slaps one in the face with something licentious.
We can't seem to get away from it.
The entertainment moguls seem to think that the entire world want to see more nudity, more sex, more, more, more.
In 2 Timothy 3:12 it says, "Yes, and all who desire to live godly in Christ Jesus will suffer persecution." That word 'persecution' (dioko) means to be harassed, troubled and molested. I dumped cable and satellite TV because I felt as though I was being molested!

Knowing all of that, we must keep our focus on Him, remembering what He said to us through His servants that brought to us His Word, that we might know how to deal with the issues of today.
Always remembering His gospel is "Light."
2 Corinthians 4:1-6 should be indelibly imprinted in our minds and as His Holy Spirit works His will in and through us, He will teach us all things and bring to our remembrance all that He has said. John 14:26

Some may be called to preach, some to teach, but Jesus Himself commanded that we all be a witness (Acts 1:8)
Someone once wrote that if we knew that another person had a disease that we had the cure for, wouldn't we give them the cure? Of course!
All people have a fatal disease (a spiritual disease), it is SIN!
And without the "cure", that is, Jesus Christ, they will die IN their disease. (John 8:23-25)

Being a witness is not a matter of persuasion, arm twisting or coercion. A witness is one who tells another what he has experienced, seen or heard.
It is being able to sensibly and clearly answer those who inquire of us about the hope that is in us.
1 Peter 3:15 "with meekness and fear"

Scriptures declare that Jesus is the one and only Son of God. He is ultimate truth. Life comes exclusively through him. He is the Way that leads to God.Our society wants to believe that there are many paths to God. We can decide large the truth by God's Word.

Q3. (John 14:6; 10:7, 9) In light of all the world’s religions, how can Jesus be the Way to God, the exclusive door or gateway? Why does this offend the world? Since it is true, how can we most winsomely declare this truth to our generation?

In light of the worlds multitude of religions, Jesus is the way, the truth and the life. No one can come to the Father except through Him.

This offends the world because they believe there are many ways - their own ways to heaven. Through their own works, they believe they can attain goodness.

We can declare these truths to this generation by quoting scripture, by our own testimony and praying for them, that they come to the light of Christ. 

Jesus is the only Way to God as there is no salvation in any other but in Him.

This offends some other religions because they believe (wrongly) that their region can save them.

We need to prayerfully seek the wisdom and boldness to explain to such people and allow the Holy Spirit to convict them.

Q3. (John 14:6; 10:7, 9) In light of all the world's religions, how

can Jesus be the Way to God, the exclusive door or gateway? Why does

this offend the world? Since it is true, how can we most winsomely 

declare this truth to our generation?

1. In a similar way, Jesus is the exclusive "gate" or "door" into the sheepfold.

"I tell you the truth, I am the gate for the sheep.... I am the gate; whoever enters through

me will be saved. He will come in and go out, and find pasture." (John 10:7, 9)

As the Apostle Paul explained, "Through him we both [Jew and Gentile] have access

to the Father by one Spirit." (Ephesians 2:18)

"Salvation is found in no one else other than Jesus, for there is no 

other name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved." (Acts 4:12)

1. This offends our world. Our society wants to believe that there are many 

paths to God in the way that "all roads lead to Rome." Some paths the world

believe in is fleshy.

1. The Scriptures declare that Jesus is the one and only Son of God. He is

ultimate truth. Life comes exclusively through him. He is the Way that leads

to God.Jesus said,"I tell you the truth, I am the gate for the sheep.I am 

the gate; whoever enters through me will be saved. He will come in and go out, 

and find pasture." (John 10:7, 9)

Jesus’ words shows us that the He is the way to eternal life, though unseen, is secure—as secure as our trust in Jesus. He has already prepared the way to eternal life. The only issue that may still be unsettled is your willingness to believe.

The bible is rich with promises. Jesus says, “I am going to prepare a place for you,” and “I will come and get you.” We can look forward to eternal life because Jesus has promised it to all who believe in him. Although the details of eternity are unknown, we need not fear because Jesus is preparing for us and will spend eternity with us.

Jesus is the gate to God’s salvation for us. He offers access to safety and security. Christ is our protector. Some people resent that Jesus is the gate, the only way of access to God. But Jesus is God’s Son—why should we seek any other way or want to customize a different approach to God from generation to generation

In light of all the world's religions, how can Jesus be the Way to God, the exclusive door or gateway? 

Jesus declared this to be so. He is 1 part of the triune God. His word is true and also a word from God. Believe it.

Because the world wants to compromise. They are like a hard headed child who kick against everything. How can there be just one way, there has to be more. Not true.

I really do not know. I am suffering a teenager at the moment and can honestly say that there is none so deaf as those who do not wish to hear.

The world feels offended by Christians telling them about the only way to heaven, and often say we have no right to tell them this, since they have their own way. 

There are so many different religions in the world today but they are all based on human achievement, and human righteousness.

We invent new religions that accommodate our shortcomings and set standards that are humanly achievable. 

The only righteousness that God will accept is the perfection that He imputes to those who accept His Son as Saviour.

Only Christianity is based on this Divine accomplishment, and Divine righteousness. 

Jesus is Himself the way to heaven. He does not merely show us the way; He is the way.

We can only spread the Word hoping that the Holy Spirit has opened their ears and hearts.

But to the world spiritual things are foolishness to them.

Why waste time on spiritual things when you could be making money or having fun?

In light of all the world's religions, Jesus can be the exclusive Way to God because, the blood He shed for us opened up a "new and living way" to the Father.

This offends the world because, our society wants to believe there are many paths to God. However, the Scriptures clearly state that the only way to get to God is through accepting Christ as Savior.

Since this is true, we can declare this truth to our generation by assuring them that Jesus is the Path that will lead them to joy in this life, in spite of trials and struggles, as well to eternal joy in the life to come.

Q3. (John 14:6; 10:7, 9) In light of all the world’s religions, how can Jesus be the Way to God, the exclusive door or gateway? Why does this offend the world? Since it is true, how can we most winsomely declare this truth to our generation?

In light of the many religions in the world today, we  are assured that Jesus is indeed the only way to God, the exclusive door or gateway to eternal life because He alone is the Son of God who came to earth to die on a cruel cross for the forgiveness of the sins of mankind.  He is the only only one who died to redeem man back to God.  the scripture tells us in John 14:6, "Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."  The offends the world because they'd like to chose their own path to heaven.  Thank God that we need not fear spreading this truth to our generation because the Spirit of God is with us to declare the gospel and He takes it and makes it pliable to the heart of the hearer.

Jesus is the son of God and was sent to the world to save us. We have tried many ways to heaven but Jesus is the only way. He is the gateway to the Father. This offends the world because they don’t want to believe that they have to conform to anything except the world and its way. We can always tell them that we have a friend in Jesus and that he is with us always.

• 2 years later...

Jesus can be the Way to God because He is the Only Begotten Son of the Father who died on the cross at Calvary over 2000 years ago. He is also the only way because of the fact anyone who comes to Him is brought to Him through the Father and the sheep know His voice and they know Him and He knows them. Any one who claims to be one of His has to be willing to truly follow Him and die to self. It offends the world because they want to run their own lives and not have someone else in control of their lives. They feel that they can run their own lives just fine without God’s help. By showing them love through our words and deeds to them and telling them God is love and God died for them too. 

Q3. (John 14:6; 10:7, 9) In light of all the world's religions, how can Jesus be the Way to God, the exclusive door or gateway? Why does this offend the world? Since it is true, how can we most winsomely declare this truth to our generation

Jesus is the way because He is the ultimate truth and He is the only way to God. He is the Son of God and there is no other way to heaven but through Him, since He died on the cross for all of us. This offends the world because they believe that all roads or ways lead to heaven. 

We can tell them how Jesus has helps us in our struggles and how we had joy even in our trials ad sufferings. We can tell them how He helps us to get through the hard times and that He can help them too.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
On 12/10/2015 at 2:37 PM, Pastor Ralph said:

Q3. (John 14:6; 10:7, 9) In light of all the world’s religions, how can Jesus be the Way to God, the exclusive door or gateway? Jesus is the Son of God, and therefore it is apropos that he would be the doorway to the Father.

Why does this offend the world? I don't know that this would "offend" the world since there are many religions because of the many nations that inhabit our world. The Hindus have dozens of Gods and I sincerely doubt that their Gods would be offended in the idea of Jesus being the only doorway to Heavenly Father.  

Since it is true, how can we most winsomely declare this truth to our generation? One would have to be open to the idea of Heaven and the scriptures in order for there to be an understanding. It would be hard to convince a Muslim, Buddhist or Hindu that Jesus is the only doorway to the Father, since these religions do not believe in the Christian Gods. Many Buddhists these days do not worship the Buddha as God, but adhere to the faith rather as a way of living-- with compassion towards others and living with the goal of achieving enlightenment.

• 1 month later...
On 12/10/2015 at 2:37 PM, Pastor Ralph said:

a. Their are many world religions but only one way to God the Father.  His Word says so and His Word is the ONLY Truth:  (Jesus) I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture. (John 10:9) This (Jesus) is the ‘stone which was rejected by you builders, which has become the chief cornerstone.’ Nor is there salvation in any other, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved.” (Acts 4:11-12)  (The Word) -Jesus (the only one) came in human form (spotless - sinless - Son of God) in order to save all humanity (if they would accept His sacrifice in payment for the sin of Adam and become a new creature in Christ).  Jesus became the second Adam, without sin, who came to save mankind.

b. Everyone has their own opinion, but if it doesn't line up with the Word they are wrong.  This offends the world because they think they can live anyway they please and do whatever they want and not have to answer to God or anyone else.  Maybe if they give to charity or do a few good deeds they think they are ok.  You can't even talk to them about sin., they are offended.  It is not in their vocabulary.  And this righteousness from God comes through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe. There is no distinction, for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and are justified freely by His grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus. (Rom. 3:22-24)

c. We can declare the truth to them by loving them and being an example of Christ and speaking the Word of God.  Not condemning them but looking beyond their fault and see their need of Christ.  Telling them that God is not mad at them but loves them.  When Adam sinned, sin entered the world. Adam’s sin brought death, so death spread to everyone, for everyone sinned. (Rom. 5:12) God's remedy was sending His only Beloved Son to die for them in their place and to bring them Salvation, Healing and Deliverance and to spend Eternity with Him.   All He wants is to have fellowship with us as He did in the garden with Adam and Eve before they sinned and sin entered the world.   If we don't accept the way God made for us  by Jesus, their is an eternal hell that await us.   

• 1 year later...

The scriptures have made it very clear that there is no other way to God. John 14:6 makes it very clear. This is not about how someone may imagine how they want things to be. It's about truth and only truth will get you into eternity with God. 

It offends the world because man want their own philosophy of thinking to be true. Some men have hardened their hearts to truth. Man doesn't want to be held accountable to no one but themselves.

Presenting Jesus in a mean way and condemning people is not the way. Jesus must be presented in a loving way and that we love them enough to want them to understand truth.