JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q3. Jesus Bore Your Sins in His Own Body

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So that I may become free of sin. He gave me the gift of eternal salvation. That He would not only bear my sins but nail them to the cross and die for me. Because Jesus did this for me I should and desire to, do everything I can for Him. He bought me, I am His. I desire to be His slave and the only way to show Him that I believe in Him is to obey Him and that is to Love God with all my mind, heart, soul and body and to love my neighbor likewise.

Jesus bearning my sins in His body means, to me, that He chose to have a personal relationship with me. He was my substitute and took on my punishment. He did this willingly and in return His righteousness was transferred to me. He did this out of love for me. There is no greater sacrifice than this - that He gave His life for me. It humbles me and causes me to bow my head, close my eyes and offer my thanks to Him.

Because Jesus bore MY sins to the grave, I have been ransomed. Jesus pain and suffering becomes my healing, for He has set me free. What is left for me to be is a humble servant to others, and try to be as sin free as my flesh will allow. To do this, I must bear my sin to the cross each day, and follow the lead of the Good Shepherd.

Q3. (2:24a) This may seem like a simplistic question, but give it thought before you answer, and then answer thoughtfully. What is the significance to you personally that Jesus bore your sins in his own body on the cross?

Jesus told us that we can not serve 2 masters. We all have a master, either it is God or mammon. Mammon drains life from us, Christ said, "I have come that you may have life and have it abundantly"

There is freedom in Christ as my Savior. Freedom from sin. Those things that once enslaved me no longer have controll over me. The guilt that was a weight upon my heart and conscience is there no longer. Jesus has given me peace in my heart. I have learned that love is not something you take, it is something you give. knowing the way of the cross, what Jesus did for me, gives purpose and meaning to my life.

There is joy in serving Jesus. To know Jesus is to love Him. Those you love you serve. Every day is another opportunity to show Him I love HIm.

Lastly, the cross means my eternal destination is in Jesus hands. Where He is I will be also. I know it is so He told me and He can not lie. PRAISE GOD !!!!!!

Q3. (2:24a) This may seem like a simplistic question, but give it thought before you answer, and then answer thoughtfully. What is the significance to you personally that Jesus bore your sins in his own body on the cross?

My own sins nailed Jesus to the cross. He took my just punishment on Himself--willingly! By His sinless life and death, He removed my sin and it's punishment and enables me to be adopted by God as His child--with no sin separating me from Him! Praise the Lord! I can come to Him as to my Father who loves me enough to do this for me! It boggles the mind to think that He loves me enough to go through that agony and humiliation--for me! Yes, and for all others who trust and obey Him, but in answering this "personally", the awesome deed of Christ, in His obedience to God the Father, crushes me to my knees in gratitude! :wub:

God gave me Jesus, to atone for my sins. No amount of good works of mine are any avail to sanctify me. Only the precious blood of Jesus can wash me free of my sins. By his grace I will saved. I must continue to work for my salvation through the redemptive power of Jesus, who has suffered to bear my sins. Only Jesus can make me stand before the righteous and holy God to be judged worthy of entering into his eternal kingdom.

Sin entered the world through Adam. Since we could never enter the presence of a Holy God, Jesus was willing to pay the price for our sins. If Jesus had not been willing to pay this price, I would have been eternally separated from God. Jesus died in my behalf and bridged the separation caused by sin. I am made acceptable through Him.

I remember attending a chlld evangelism meeting in which the speaker showed us a red piece of paper, and told us that that was our sins. Then he took a piece of red celophane and said that was Jesus' blood. When he put that piece over the red paper, it showed up as white. That helped me to understand how God could look at me, and not see my sin. It was because of what Jesus did for me.

With Jesus paying the price for my sins past present and future I can stand in the Holy Room and be declared a child of the King! I have been set free by the Son and who the Son sets free they are free indeed. When he died on the cross and entered into hell and rose again, so through his suffering I am made an heir and will have eternal life and shall dwell in the house of the Lord forever! It is amazing that these questions come at a time when the movie Passion of Christ is playing a most theathers around the country. I find the fact that Jesus came and died for me most humbling. I am not perfect, but through him I stive to be prefected and it is not through works, words or deeds. This is a gift. We can and should do works and have faith, but above all simply live our lives according to His word as best we can. He is quick to forgive and to walk us through any valley or meet us on any hilltop. Praise the Lord! He is alive!

To me the significance of this is that there is now a personal and intimate fellowship with Him. Because of this He Himself has become unto me wisdom, righteousness, peace, redemption and deliverance. This is because it was He that actually, personally entered into the Holy of Holies, the highest place in heaven at the right hand of God. I now can have a living hope. It is because of this that I can enter into Christ not just metaphorically but in actuality. It is in Him now that I have continual cleansing from sin and unrighteousness. In Him I am justified and declared righteous becoming more that a conqueror as I march in His triumphal procession.

To me, in that He bore my sins in His own body on the cross, He intimately knows the struggles I have. I do not have to explain to Him what a waste of skin I am, He knows this already and still willingly and with forethought died for me and bore my sin. He called me (none of us would have come to Him except the Father drew us) there must be hope, there must be victory. He must have a plan and a purpose for me.

He became personally involved with me and expressed that He loves me, personally. I receive this.

Q3. That He bore my own sins?

It's very profound, deep, almost too much to comprehend. And at times I don't comprehend it. It speaks to that personal relationship and brings the untouchable, unreachable Father God, ...well, close to me. I am important to God. I am significant, I matter, I am of great value. In this day and age when so many people are depressed and on meds., or being treated by doctors of many types, it is special to me to know I am loved by God. That He did that for me. What more can a friend do than lay down His life, for an ememy? For that's what I was before salvation, anti-God. Not knowing if God existed, lost in my own logic/opinions. Lost and dead in my sins. And then, By His Spirit, I was drawn to Him, Made aware of the Supreme sacrifice, for me. How could I not love Him and thank Him and want to live to serve Him. Ahh, but to hear His voice and to know He understands all my struggles and to know He loves me anyways. Whew! Too much to comprehend! Thank you Jesus, Thank you, Thank you Jesus!

The significance to me and every other Christian is that the sinless Jesus bore all of our past, present and future sins upon the Cross. All we have to do to receive this gift, is to receive Jesus Christ into our hearts, be obedient to God

What is the significance to you personally that Jesus bore your sins in his own body on thecross?

If He hadn't bore my sins I would be living in misery now in the gutter of life where he found me and I would forever, for all of eternity be living in terrible anguish and pain and separation from Him. My soul will never die but I would suffer death for all of eternity.

It's difficult if not impossible to adequately put it into words.

Thank you Jesus. He is not willing that any should perish but that all should have eternal life.

God Bless,

Jen

What is the significance to you personally that Jesus bore your sins in his own body on thecross?

It hurts me deeply that Jesus had to bear the suffering he did just because of His love for me, but I know that it was all part of God's plan. I can't even begin to comprehend all that He went through, but it inspires me to love Him and tell His story to others, especially during times of despair. We can never know the extent of all that He did for us, but we can certainly be a vessel through which His love can flow to those around us.

I am forever in His debt because without His willingness to suffer and die for me, I would never be able to have eternal security.

The great significance for me personally is peace, love and feel I owe it to live righteous. That's a very heavy burden and task Jesus did for God's children. It makes me very upset at Adam and Eve for listening and trusting the serpent. If they have not done so, just think of the beauty and glory. Just think, no suffering and no sin.

When I think of what Jesus did for me it makes me think seriously about just how much He loves me. He had to endures so much in taking on my sins asHis own. He paid my debt and I am indebted to Him. I should give Him all the praise and glory. Can anyone amagine being on the cross alive and going through that agony and pain for something you did not do. For this I am very grateful and thankful.

HE SET ME FREE!

Jesus bore my sins on the cross for me is very important because he took my place on the cross and paid my debt of sin. He suffered on the cross for me to give me eternal life. Because of what Christ did on the cross and than rose out of the grave ,

he defeated satan and set us free from bondage of sin. So when I asked Jesus to be

my Savior and forgive me of my sins this could only happen because of what Jesus did

on the cross. Praise the Lord that Jesus suffered for me and set me free!! :D

What is the significance to you personally that Jesus bore your sins in his own body on the cross?

I no longer have to bear the burden of my sins which would result in separation from God. I have been made righteous in Christ. By submitting to Him as my Lord because He purchased me from slavery, I can reside eternally in the presence of God. What could be more significant?

To me personally I am so unworthy of what what my Lord did for me. He bore my sin and shame. His love for me overwhelms me. To know his suffering so that I may be adopted into the family of God, to serve him all of my days, and to live in eternity with him brings me great humility. He did not deserve what he suffered for me. His body was the bread he broke for me. I am overwhelmed to think he died for me yet suffered so much in his body to give me life and freedom. Praise you Lord.

Jesus being the Son of the Living God loves us so much that He gave up His life for the atonement of our sins. What greater sacrifice than this that for the sins of others He became the scapegoat! This, to me, shows the unfailing love of God. IT'S NOT BECAUSE OF WHO I AM BUT IT'S BECAUSE OF WHO HE IS!!