JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q2. Glory Displayed

• 1 month later...
On ‎12‎/‎16‎/‎2016 at 2:39 PM, Pastor Ralph said:

Q2. How is Jesus’ glory displayed through his transfiguration and miracles?

Through his Transfiguration: His face shone like the sun, his clothes became white as the light, a bright cloud enveloped them and the voice of the Father said This is my son, whom I love and with him I am well pleased. Listen to him!"

"There he was transfigured before them. His face shone like the sun, and his clothes became as white as the light. Just then there appeared before them Moses and Elijah, talking with Jesus.... While he was still speaking, a bright cloud enveloped them, and a voice from the cloud said, 'This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased. Listen to him!'" (Matthew 17:2-3, 5)

Through miracles:  First miracle of turning water into wine at Cana in Galilee.... He thus revealed[44] his glory, and his disciples put their faith in him." (John 2:11)  The raising of Lazarus from the dead.... for God's glory so that God's Son may be glorified through it.'" (John 11:2-4).

Jesus’ glory is displayed through His transfiguration when His face appeared to be like the sun and his clothes dazzling white and hearing of God’s words “This is my beloved son in whom I am well pleased, hear ye him” Matthew 17:5.  His transfiguration showed his deity.  With His transfiguration came Jesus’ glory that would be revealed when He returned to earth.  

Glory is shown through the miracles He performs; raising Lazarus from the dead, making the blind see, the deaf hear, the lame walk, even touching the hem of His garment and being healed.

On ‎12‎/‎16‎/‎2016 at 11:39 AM, Pastor Ralph said:

In the wilderness tabernacle, the topmost covering was dolphin or badger skin, a "type and shadow" of Jesus on earth in human flesh. His appearance was ordinary until he performed miracles and his glory shone through the miraculous. His entire being was radiant and shining at the transfiguration.

Jesus received honor and glory from God when they heard the voice" This is my beloved Son and I am well please with him". Transformation verified Jesus's death was part of God's plan. It showed that Jesus was the Son of God. It was about his authority and confirm Peter's confession of being the Messiah. Transfiguration strengthen the disciples and us.

Q2. 
How is Jesus' glory displayed through His transfiguration and miracles? 

The radiance that was displayed through His transfiguration was a visible manifestation of His deity; His face and His garments became as white as light.
This reminds us of the glory cloud we read about in the OT which symbolised the presence of God.

Before Jesus had performed any miracles the people and disciples had no idea of His inherent glory.
These miracles brought reputation glory to our Lord, and at the same time gave an indication of His inherent glory.
They were designed to show all that Jesus was indeed God – manifest in the flesh.

Q2.

a)     How is Jesus' glory displayed through his transfiguration?

Unquestionably the rationale behind the Transfiguration of Jesus was to signify His heavenly Glory and to give a better for the select three to comprehend who actually Jesus was, and more importantly the Lord of Glory’s spectacular change in His majestic bright manifestation was to give the three disciples of His Glory and Heavenly Kingship. St. John, in his Gospel wrote, “We have seen His glory, the glory of the one and only” (Jn 1:14).

Even Peter wrote of it, “We did not follow cleverly invented stories when we told you about the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but we were eyewitnesses of His majesty. For He received honor and glory from God the Father when the voice came to Him from the Majestic Glory, saying, ‘This is my Son, whom I love; with Him I am well pleased.’ We ourselves heard this voice that came from heaven when we were with Him on the sacred mountain” (2 Pet 1:16-18). Well, these three apostles who witnessed the transfiguration bore witness of the Transfiguration to the other disciples and to countless millions down through the centuries to us.

B)   How is Jesus' glory displayed through His miracles?

Miracles ? Today, many Christian healers “perform their physical healing show” on stage or on TV, but is view with so much cynicism and doubt. These healers seek uncalled for glamour and probably money – it’s all so commercialized. But Jesus did not perform miracles to astound the crowds or to get them to believe in Him. By way of His miracles Jesus reflected His Merciful character by articulating His love and sympathy for suffering humanity.

In the miracle at Cana of Galilee, for the first time the Lord “revealed his glory; and his disciples believed in him.” (John 2:11) Jesus blatantly refused to perform miracles when asked for a sign from Heaven. Take for example Luke 11:16~17, “Others tested Him by asking for a sign from heaven. Jesus knew their thoughts and said to them, Any kingdom divided against itself will be ruined, and a house divided against itself will fall.”

Therefore, the main purpose of Jesus’ miracles was to affirm God’s existence and sovereignty.

Q2. How is Jesus' glory displayed through his transfiguration and miracles?

A. Through these events, God's glory and power are seen in Jesus Christ. The disciples saw the miracles and transfiguration and put their faith in Christ Jesus as they saw His glory.

Jesus glory through His transfiguration was displayed through his appearance, because his face was like the sun, and his clothes was white as light.

Jesus glory displayed through miracles was shone by turning water to wine at a wedding party. When he raised Lazarus from the dead. I know those that were watching was stunned by this miracle. God got glory and the glory was in Jesus person.

Q2. How is Jesus' glory displayed through his transfiguration and miracles?

1. His face shone like the sun, his clothes became white as the light, a bright cloud enveloped them and the voice of the Father said This is my son, whom I love and with him I am well pleased. That showed glory and the power of Jesus.

Through the miracles of turning water into wine at Cana in Galilee, he revealed his glory, and his disciples put their faith in him." (John 2:11)  The raising of Lazarus from the dead was for God's glory so that God's Son may be glorified through it. (John 11:2-4).

The two events both brings glory to God (reputation glory), and allows them a glimpse into the glory of God in Jesus' Person (inherent glory).

Prior to this, Jesus' glory was inherently present, but wasn't visible to those around him. But when Jesus turned the water into wine, suddenly people saw the power of God become visible.

On 12/16/2016 at 1:39 PM, Pastor Ralph said:

Jesus inherent glory is displayed through his transfiguration and miracles, this represents the glory he had when he was with the Father. 

How is Jesus’ glory displayed through his transfiguration and miracles? Jesus’ glory is displayed through His transfiguration when His face appeared to be like the sun and his clothes dazzling white and hearing of God’s words “This is my beloved son in whom I am well pleased, hear ye him” Matthew 17:5.  His transfiguration showed his deity.  With His transfiguration came Jesus’ glory that would be revealed when He returned to earth.  

Glory is shown through the miracles He performs; raising Lazarus from the dead, making the blind see, the deaf hear, the lame walk, even touching the hem of His garment and being healed.

As he was praying, the appearance of his face changed, and his clothes became as bright as a flash of lightning. Luke 9:29

...and the master of the banquet tasted the water that had been turned into wine. John 2:9    What Jesus did here in Cana of Galilee was the first of the signs through which he revealed his glory; and his disciples believed in him John 2:11

Q2. How is Jesus' glory displayed through his transfiguration and miracles?

The Transfiguration was a vision, a brief glimpse of the true glory of God. This was a special revelation of Jesus’ divinity to three of the disciples, and it was God’s divine affirmation of everything Jesus had done and was about to do.

Moses’ and Elijah’s presence with Jesus confirmed Jesus’ messianic mission: to fulfill God’s law and the words of God’s prophets. Just as God’s voice in the cloud over Mount Sinai gave authority to his law, God’s voice at the Transfiguration gave authority to Jesus’ words.

• 2 weeks later...

Jesus' glory is displayed through his transfiguration where a bright light was shone all around him and God spoke through it.  His glory was displayed through his miracles by the people seeing the power of God manifested and they in turn praise God.  That is what we do, we give him glory.

Jesu glory was displayed in his transfiguration, His face shone like the sun and his cloths became white as light, and God the Father spoke and testified saying that "this is my son" listen to Him, so that his three dear disciples will also later go to the world and testify what they have seen and heard.

Jesus has performed several miracles by which He got glorified to name a few turned the water to wine, healed the lepers, gave sight to the blind, delivered from devils, raised the dead, He says to us also now that  " if you believe you will see the glory of God. The purpose of these miracles is to make believe that He is the son of God.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Miracles did several things, one was direct intervention in live to give a preferred outcome to an individual. This type of event is prayed for frequently I'm sure as we'd all like to think we are deserving of divine intervention. Another was to generate interest in these events - which happened. So we have a WOW factor. For me the horror of the events leading up to the resurrection concentrate all the evil there is the world, and that Jesus was able to transend all of this is the inspiration of my faith. 

That I am overwhelmed by the fury and destructiveness of this evil is something I try to keep at bay with my Walk with Jesus. He understands. 

How is Jesus' glory displayed through his transfiguration and miracles?

The display at the transfiguration needs no explaining. His face glowed like the sun and His clothes began to display such a brilliant white and suddenly there was Moses and Elijah—many years past at that point (how did they even recognize who they were?). More than enough to make a believer out of me. As for miracles, Jesus did things which reflected the light of God. He healed people, mended broken hearts when He raised up Lazarus (how many people would love for that one to come upon them?), always giving God the glory.

Displayed: face shone like the sun and God the Father speaking to Him from the clouds; eyewitness of His power and being changed; miracles (evidence); example of calling forth Lazarus (told before it happened that it would happen - part of belief)

Intervention into our world (miracles, glory); seeing and knowing of His power; being glorified when He rose from the dead (recognition); work completed (salvation and bringing glory to the Father - honors); attraction

• 2 months later...
On 12/16/2016 at 11:39 AM, Pastor Ralph said:

Jesus glowed with the Holy Spirit while with his Holy Spirit.  At the same time we show this glory of the Holy Spirit while we are well I tuned with our Holy Father.  He showed his glory through his miracles, as these miracles by God open our eyes to him who is all powerful.