JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q3. Glory and Crucifixion

• 1 month later...
On ‎12‎/‎16‎/‎2016 at 11:40 AM, Pastor Ralph said:

fee  Q3. How is Jesus’ glory displayed in his trial and crucifixion? In his resurrection? How do you think the thief on the cross and the centurion supervising the crucifixion could see his glory? Why is God’s glory often seen in the midst of suffering?

A. Jesus was obedient unto death in going to the Cross, and was the gentle perfect sacrificial lamb. He answered when spoken to, but remained sinless and Kingly throughout the "fixed" trial, the hideous scourging, and the cruel crucifixion. "He reviled them not". He blamed no one. He bore the wrath of God for all mankind's sins without cursing, blaming, or trying to defend Himself. His righteousness was visible to all who observed, and especially to the thief dying for his own crime, and the hardened centurion who'd undoubtedly observed many crucifixions. Jesus endured it all then cried "Father Forgive them for they know not what they are doing "....Only our glorious Lord could have been concerned about mankind and our eternal future, and especially for those present who were inflicting the pain, while suffering such pain and indignity.

The sign above Jesus on the cross formed an acrostic: Yahweh! Pilate's sign declared Jesus is God, though unintentionally on his part.

How like our loving Father, to give Jesus the comfort and the gift of a new believer dying along side Him, who would be in Heaven that very day with Jesus!

B. How suffering is managed depends on whether or not God's glory is seen in suffering. I remember thinking at a time when we'd lost our business, then our home and were going to be living in our car with our dog, and both children had been falsely accused and were suffering, a dear friend had betrayed me, a deacon in the church had concocted a horrible lie about me, we had no money, and I was crying from the sheer weight of it all, feeling that I was a lousy witness for God. I apologized to a friend for crying, thinking tears showed a lack of faith. She reassured me that when Paul said while suffering horribly "These things do not move me" he didn't say "But they don't hurt me!" .Then she said, " I see Jesus in you in how you are quietly enduring all of this without rancor or sin. Confusion is normal when what is happening is the opposite of what the Lord has promised you."   I was surprised by that response!  It was so helpful! I learned that feeling pain is normal, but how it's expressed is whether or not God's glory is manifested.

Q3. 
How is Jesus' glory displayed in His trial and crucifixion? 
In His resurrection? 
How do you think the thief on the cross and the centurion supervising the crucifixion could see His glory? 
Why is God's glory often seen in the midst of suffering? 

Jesus’ trial and crucifixion brought Him glory as He bore all the sins of the world, earning our redemption with the price of His own blood, and as a result of this God gave His Son authority over all mankind. At the same time, Jesus glorifies the Father by giving eternal life to those who believe on Him, since God delights in ungodly persons being saved.

How is Jesus’ glory displayed in His resurrection?
If Jesus remained in the grave it would prove that He was just another man. However, if God glorified Him by raising Him from the dead, this would be proof that He was God’s Son and the world’s Saviour. Jesus’ glory comes directly from the Father, and we know from Scripture that Jesus was raised on the third day and later taken back to heaven to be crowned with glory and honour. 

Both the thief on the Cross and the centurion got a glimpse of Jesus’ glory.
Before Christ came into the world, He dwelt in heaven with the Father and all could see His glory, but when He came among us His glory was veiled. Though He was still God, it was not apparent to most who saw Him merely as a carpenter’s son, but when Jesus asked the Father, glorify Your Son, He was asking that the eternal plan of redemption be accomplished as it had been planned in eternity past. This our Heavenly Father did and He was granted glory. At the same time, the cross displayed God's glory like no other event in history. It dramatically demonstrated His grace, mercy, and love in the sending of His One and only Son to die for the sins of the world.

God’s glory is often seen in the midst of suffering since all who acknowledge Jesus as Lord and Saviour are seen here as incurring the hostility of the world, with all its shame and rebuke. All those who suffer for Jesus Christ, will be glorified with Christ. 

Through Jesus trial and crucifixion he never tried to stop them from happening, and he could have, but through it all God received he glory and he was glorified by the Father for going through it and never tried to prevent it. He knew what he came to do and he went through with it. Nobody then or now could have endured what Jesus endured on earth. Even when he was resurrected God was being glorified through the person Jesus, and Jesus was glorified by God.

One of the thieves on the cross with Jesus realized that Jesus did nothing wrong and Jesus still didn't try to save Himself from being crucified, instead Jesus prayed to the Father to forgive them they don't the truth. The Centurion realized who Jesus was when all of a sudden, clouds and thundering came and it turned pitch black during daytime hours. 

God's glory often seen in the midst suffering because many people don't give up they often lean of God more through all because He is our creator.

In His trial and crucifixion, Jesus’ glory is displayed in how he responded to the council of chief priests and elders about destroying the temple and rebuilding it in 3 days.  His coming glory is shown in His words ‘ Hereafter shall you see the Son of Man sitting on the right hand of power and coming in the clouds of heaven.’  Matthew 26:64.  Again his glory is shown when He replied to Pilate that His kingdom was not of this world, on being asked if He were King of the Jews.  Even Jesus was nailed on the cross He was glorified with his name written on the cross Jesus, King of the Jews.

His glory was displayed in His resurrection by all authority in heaven and on earth being given to Him by His Father.  Mat 28:18.      

Maybe the thief heard the spirit of God calling to him to repentance.  This was the reason that Jesus died on the cross – so that we might be saved.  The thief  knew that Jesus had done nothing wrong whereas he and the other thief had and thus should suffer for their sins.  ‘Do you not even fear God, since you are under the same judgement?’ we are punished justly, for we are receiving what we deserve for our actions.  But this man has done nothing wrong’. Luke 23:40-41.   The centurion most likely saw Jesus’ courage and submission to his fate something he could identify to.  Jesus’ forgiving those who had put him on the cross had to have touched the centurion’s heart. 

It is through suffering that Jesus died on the cross for our redemption.  Suffering brings us closer to God.  Suffering purifies us, it shows us God's glorious powers..  Abraham, Daniel, David all learned about the glory of God through their suffering.

On ‎12‎/‎16‎/‎2016 at 2:40 PM, Pastor Ralph said:

Q3. How is Jesus’ glory displayed in his trial and crucifixion? In his resurrection? How do you think the thief on the cross and the centurion supervising the crucifixion could see his glory? Why is God’s glory often seen in the midst of suffering?

At his trial and crucifixion and resurrection: Jesus knows they will not believe him, but he keeps his eyes steadfastly on the Kingdom that will be ushered in at the Last Days.  Jesus is mocked as king, both by the Jewish soldiers and later by the Romans. But that does not change the truth that Jesus is indeed King. Men can reject him, but the glorified Jesus has the final word. "'My kingdom is not of this world. If my kingdom were of this world, my servants would have been fighting, that I might not be delivered over to the Jews. But my kingdom is not from the world.'
Then Pilate said to him, 'So you are a king?'  Jesus answered, 'You say that I am a king. For this purpose I was born and for this purpose I have come into the world -- to bear witness to the truth....'" (John 18:33-37) 
The cross especially -- along with Jesus' subsequent resurrection and ascension -- are seen throughout John's Gospel as the means of his glorification,[48] signs of the redemptive purpose of this Glorious Kingdom.

The thief on the cross:  "'Jesus, remember me when you come into your kingdom.'
Jesus answered him, 'I tell you the truth, today you will be with me in
paradise.'" (Luke 23:42-43)

The Centurion:  "When the centurion and those who were with him, keeping watch over Jesus, saw the earthquake and what took place, they were filled with awe and said, 'Truly this was the Son of God!' (Matthew 27:54)

God's glory seen in the midst of suffering:  fixing our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of faith, who for the joy set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. Heb. 12:2

On 12/16/2016 at 1:40 PM, Pastor Ralph said:

Q3. How is Jesus’ glory displayed in his trial and crucifixion? In his resurrection? How do you think the thief on the cross and the centurion supervising the crucifixion could see his glory? Why is God’s glory often seen in the midst of suffering?

Jesus glory is displayed through his trial and crucifixion is by his forgiveness of those who persecuted him.

Jesus glory is displayed in his resurrection. He has been glorified by the father and his resurrection proves who he was.

The thief on the cross and the centurion see Jesus glory by his forgiveness of those persecuting him. The darkness at midday and earthquakes also prove he was the son of god.

God's glory is often seen in the midst of suffering, we know that he suffered for us and wishes to comfort us in times of pain.       

Q3

a)     How is Jesus' glory displayed in his trial ?

At the Jewish trial, Caiaphas asked Jesus, “Are you the Christ, the Son of the Blessed One?” – Jesus’ reply YES? Here Jesus did not deny His Kingship. Yes its true so what? But Jesus went on to answer Caiaphas’, “….But I tell you, from now on you will see the Son of Man seated at the Right Hand of the Power and coming on the clouds of Heaven.” (Matt 26:64) His Kingship and Glory revealed without any reservation.

Inside Pilate’s court, Jesus exhibited the manner of calmness usually associated with persons of royalty – Jesus, neither affirmed, nor denied His identity as King but He responded in a Kingly manner. Jesus spoke of His Glorious Kingdom and then refocused attention on Pilate with a question which made Pilate examine his conscience, “Is this your own question, or did others tell you about me?” (John 18:34) As a King, Jesus spoke as though Pilate was a lay person. Is this not a portrayal of His Glorious Kingship.

B)  How is Jesus' glory displayed in his crucifixion ?

Finding the tomb empty, Peter and John returned to their home but Mary stayed at the tomb and was grieving. She saw a person whom she could not recognize at first and when she noticed it was the Lord Himself, who was standing before her - He was now risen and glorified. She must have attempted to embrace Him, for He said, “Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.” (John 20:17~18)

Jesus’ appearance to Mary is the most amazing incident, she obeyed His words and repeated that glorious message which would give hope then to the believers and to the future ages. Jesus’ glory declared by Mary Magdalene.

We lose life in seeking for the means of living, unless like Paul, we must become enthusiastic in seeking life’s purpose. Defeat of death is only possible for those who live through our Lord Jesus Christ, “….because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit who gives life has set you free from the law of sin and death.” (Romans 8:20) Jesus illustrated His Glory through death and Resurrection to set us free from sin and made us children of God.

c)     In his resurrection? How do you think the thief on the cross could see his glory?

The criminal who reprimanded the other thief must have truly heard the words of Jesus who said, “Father, forgive them; for they do not know what they are doing.” (Luke 23:34) He, I believe saw the glory of Jesus through the words and asked Jesus that he be not forgotten when Jesus enters His Glorious paradise.  A conversion took place – something like the Extreme Unction or the anointing of the sick in the Catholic Church – the thief’s reward – Jesus snatched him from the grasp of Satan, saying, “Truly I tell you, today you will be with me in Paradise.” (Luke 23:43)

d)    How do you think the centurion supervising the crucifixion could see his glory?

It will be a grave offence for anyone claiming to be God – an offence punishable by death. (Lev 24:16) But the Romans believed that Caesar was the son of god and to say otherwise was treason and here, the Son of God was to face His death for proclaiming the Good News of God.

The centurion who undoubtedly must have witnessed or at least heard about Jesus’ claims of being the unique Son of God, his ministry of miracles, and how he was fulfilling scripture, was watching Jesus slowly die a humiliating and agonizing death on the cross, and the unequalled calmness of Jesus which reflected Jesus’ glory and proclaimed, “Surely this man was the Son of God!” (Mark 15:39).

While everyone else who witnessed the crucifixion with him including the disciples and the religious elites who all seemed to not understand who Jesus was. The only person who did understand was the centurion and he’d probably the first human to proclaim the deity of Christ – it’s a theological statement – the only way one can say that Jesus is the “Son of God” recognizing the truth of the Gospel – the centurion must have seen the Glory of Jesus.

e)     Why is God's glory often seen in the midst of suffering?

The adversities we experience in our lives will take on a new meaning if we see and understand the difficulties in the light of how Jesus made salvation available for each and every one of us. God refines us in our suffering as mentioned in Isaiah 48:10, “See, I have refined you, but not like silver; I have tested you in the furnace of adversity.”

“Those whom I love I rebuke and discipline. So be earnest and repent. Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with that person, and they with me. To the one who is victorious, I will give the right to sit with me on my throne, just as I was victorious and sat down with my Father on his throne.

Jesus has a right to rebuke us – and if He rebukes us because He loves us – “Those whom I love I rebuke and discipline. So be earnest and repent. Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with that person, and they with me. To the one who is victorious, I will give the right to sit with me on my throne, just as I was victorious and sat down with my Father on his throne.

When we are refined we give glory to God. And we thank glorify God when someone else helps us in our difficulties.

Q3

a)     How is Jesus' glory displayed in his trial ?

At the Jewish trial, Caiaphas asked Jesus, “Are you the Christ, the Son of the Blessed One?” – Jesus’ reply YES? Here Jesus did not deny His Kingship. Yes its true so what? But Jesus went on to answer Caiaphas’, “….But I tell you, from now on you will see the Son of Man seated at the Right Hand of the Power and coming on the clouds of Heaven.” (Matt 26:64) His Kingship and Glory revealed without any reservation.

Inside Pilate’s court, Jesus exhibited the manner of calmness usually associated with persons of royalty – Jesus, neither affirmed, nor denied His identity as King but He responded in a Kingly manner. Jesus spoke of His Glorious Kingdom and then refocused attention on Pilate with a question which made Pilate examine his conscience, “Is this your own question, or did others tell you about me?” (John 18:34) As a King, Jesus spoke as though Pilate was a lay person. Is this not a portrayal of His Glorious Kingship.

B)    How is Jesus' glory displayed in his crucifixion ?

Finding the tomb empty, Peter and John returned to their home but Mary stayed at the tomb and was grieving. She saw a person whom she could not recognize at first and when she noticed it was the Lord Himself, who was standing before her - He was now risen and glorified. She must have attempted to embrace Him, for He said, “Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.” (John 20:17~18)

Jesus’ appearance to Mary is the most amazing incident, she obeyed His words and repeated that glorious message which would give hope then to the believers and to the future ages. Jesus’ glory declared by Mary Magdalene.

We lose life in seeking for the means of living, unless like Paul, we must become enthusiastic in seeking life’s purpose. Defeat of death is only possible for those who live through our Lord Jesus Christ, “….because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit who gives life has set you free from the law of sin and death.” (Romans 8:20) Jesus illustrated His Glory through death and Resurrection to set us free from sin and made us children of God.

c)     In his resurrection? How do you think the thief on the cross could see his glory?

The criminal who reprimanded the other thief must have truly heard the words of Jesus who said, “Father, forgive them; for they do not know what they are doing.” (Luke 23:34) He, I believe saw the glory of Jesus through the words and asked Jesus that he be not forgotten when Jesus enters His Glorious paradise.  A conversion took place – something like the Extreme Unction or the anointing of the sick in the Catholic Church – the thief’s reward – Jesus snatched him from the grasp of Satan, saying, “Truly I tell you, today you will be with me in Paradise.” (Luke 23:43)

d)    How do you think the centurion supervising the crucifixion could see his glory?

It will be a grave offence for anyone claiming to be God – an offence punishable by death. (Lev 24:16) But the Romans believed that Caesar was the son of god and to say otherwise was treason and here, the Son of God was to face His death for proclaiming the Good News of God.

The centurion who undoubtedly must have witnessed or at least heard about Jesus’ claims of being the unique Son of God, his ministry of miracles, and how he was fulfilling scripture, was watching Jesus slowly die a humiliating and agonizing death on the cross, and the unequalled calmness of Jesus which reflected Jesus’ glory and proclaimed, “Surely this man was the Son of God!” (Mark 15:39).

While everyone else who witnessed the crucifixion with him including the disciples and the religious elites who all seemed to not understand who Jesus was. The only person who did understand was the centurion and he’d probably the first human to proclaim the deity of Christ – it’s a theological statement – the only way one can say that Jesus is the “Son of God” recognizing the truth of the Gospel – the centurion must have seen the Glory of Jesus.

e)     Why is God's glory often seen in the midst of suffering?

The adversities we experience in our lives will take on a new meaning if we see and understand the difficulties in the light of how Jesus made salvation available for each and every one of us. God refines us in our suffering as mentioned in Isaiah 48:10, “See, I have refined you, but not like silver; I have tested you in the furnace of adversity.”

“Those whom I love I rebuke and discipline. So be earnest and repent. Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with that person, and they with me. To the one who is victorious, I will give the right to sit with me on my throne, just as I was victorious and sat down with my Father on his throne.

Jesus has a right to rebuke us – and if He rebukes us because He loves us – “Those whom I love I rebuke and discipline. So be earnest and repent. Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with that person, and they with me. To the one who is victorious, I will give the right to sit with me on my throne, just as I was victorious and sat down with my Father on his throne.

When we are refined we give glory to God. And we thank glorify God when someone else helps us in our difficulties.

Q3.

Q. How is Jesus' glory displayed in his trial and crucifixion? In his resurrection?

A. Through the declarations and action by His accusers and judges who inevitably declare Him King mockingly.

Q. How do you think the thief on the cross and the centurion supervising the crucifixion could see his glory?

A. He heard Jesus forgiving those who maltreated Him, saw the earthquake and darkness that covered everywhere and believed that Jesus must be the Son of God

Q. Why is God's glory often seen in the midst of suffering?

A. Through His interventions in the sufferings to bring an expected end.

Q3. How is Jesus’ glory displayed in his trial and crucifixion?In His trial and crucifixion, Jesus’ glory is displayed in how he responded to the council of chief priests and elders about destroying the temple and rebuilding it in 3 days.  His coming glory is shown in His words ‘ Hereafter shall you see the Son of Man sitting on the right hand of power and coming in the clouds of heaven.’  Matthew 26:64.  Again his glory is shown when He replied to Pilate that His kingdom was not of this world, on being asked if He were King of the Jews.  Even Jesus was nailed on the cross He was glorified with his name written on the cross Jesus, King of the Jews.

His glory was displayed in His resurrection by all authority in heaven and on earth being given to Him by His Father.  Mat 28:18.      

Maybe the thief heard the spirit of God calling to him to repentance.  This was the reason that Jesus died on the cross – so that we might be saved.  The thief  knew that Jesus had done nothing wrong whereas he and the other thief had and thus should suffer for their sins.  ‘Do you not even fear God, since you are under the same judgement?’ we are punished justly, for we are receiving what we deserve for our actions.  But this man has done nothing wrong’. Luke 23:40-41.   The centurion most likely saw Jesus’ courage and submission to his fate something he could identify to.  Jesus’ forgiving those who had put him on the cross had to have touched the centurion’s heart. 

In his resurrection? He heard Jesus forgiving those who maltreated Him, saw the earthquake and darkness that covered everywhere and believed that Jesus must be the Son of God

How do you think the thief on the cross and the centurion supervising the crucifixion could see his glory? He heard Jesus forgiving those who maltreated Him, saw the earthquake and darkness that covered everywhere and believed that Jesus must be the Son of God

Why is God’s glory often seen in the midst of suffering? Through His interventions in the sufferings to bring an expected end.

Q3.

Jesus' glory is the glory of the only one who came from Father full grace and truth. The Father as the source of the son' glory. to his Father

John 17,1 Jesus prays to his Father about his time has come.

His resurrection is glorious kingdom in Jesus darkest hours.

Thief knows Jesus, believes the son of god and praise Him, Jesus know  heart from thief than Jesus promises with him come to God' glory.

Because in the midst of suffering light of Glorious kingdom shine.

3.  How is Jesus' glory displayed in his trial and crucifixion? In his resurrection? How do you think the thief on the cross and the centurion supervising the crucifixion could see his glory? Why is God's glory often seen in the midst of suffering?

1.  Jesus knew they would not believe him, but he suffered on the cross with a forgiving heart.  He cried Father Forgive them for they know not what they are doing.He answered questions and was without sin during his crucifixion.He bore all our the worlds’ sin.

2.  The cross especially -- along with Jesus' subsequent resurrection and ascension -- are seen throughout John's Gospel as the means of his glorification,[48] signs of the redemptive purpose of this Glorious Kingdom.

He was able to rise and not remain in the grave to prove he was the son of God and saviour.

3.  The thief said,  "'Jesus, remember me when you come into your kingdom.'
Jesus answered him, 'I tell you the truth, today you will be with me in paradise.'" (Luke 23:42-43)

Centurion:  "When the centurion and those who were with him, keeping watch over Jesus, saw the earthquake and what took place,

Over the six hours Jesus is on the cross, this man has witnessed darkness and rolling earthquakes, the bitterness of man and the forgiveness of Jesus towards his tormentors. They were filled with awe and said, 'Truly this was the Son of God!' (Matthew 27:54

4.  Jesus suffered on the cross for our redemption. It helps us to see that God can bring us through our situation. It helps us to grow in Christ and have a stronger relationship with him. It is because people don’t understand God’s glory until they seen God has the situation under control. They do not always understand how it could happen.

Jesus glory is displayed in His trial by:  

- saying to Caiaphas, the High Priest...  Jesus replied. “But I say to all of you: From now on you will see the Son of Man         sitting at the right hand of the Mighty One and coming on the clouds of heaven.   Matthew 26:64 

-  Pilate then went back inside the palace, summoned Jesus and asked him, “Are you the king of the Jews?”  John 18:33     Jesus said, “My kingdom is not of this world.

Jesus' glory is displayed during His crucifixion by:

42 Then he said, “Jesus, remember me when you come into your kingdom

43 Jesus answered him, “Truly I tell you, today you will be with me in paradise.” Luke 23

- 

Jesus' glory is displayed in His resurrection by"

-  He is not here; he has risen! Remember how he told you, while he was still with you in Galilee: The Son of Man must be delivered over to the hands of sinners, be crucified and on the third day be raised again.’  Luke 24:6

- Did not the Messiah have to suffer these things and then enter his glory? 27 And beginning with Moses and all the        Prophets, he explained to them what was said in all the Scriptures concerning himself.

-  The Thief...The fear of God came upon the thief... But the other criminal rebuked him. “Don’t you fear God,” he             said, Luke 23:40

Then he justified Jesus...  But this man has done nothing wrong.” Luke 23:41b

He admits his sin and need for punishment... We are punished justly, for we are getting what our deeds                       deserve.  Luke 23:41a

Then he displayed his faith... Then he said, “Jesus, remember me when you come into your kingdom.”   Luke 23:43

- The Centurion...When the centurion and those with him who were guarding Jesus saw the earthquake                            and all that had happened, they were terrified, and exclaimed, “Surely he was the Son of God!”  Matthew  27:54

God's glory is often seen in the midst of suffering because... God's glory is displayed when we rely on Him through our suffering... God refines us in our suffering. The testing He does for His sake accrues to our eternal benefit. If cancer or paralysis or a car accident prompts us to draw on God’s strength to become more conformed to Christ, regardless of the human, demonic,or natural forces involved, God will be glorified in it.

• 2 weeks later...

Q3. How is Jesus' glory displayed in his trial and crucifixion? In his resurrection? How do you think the thief on the cross and the centurion supervising the crucifixion could see his glory? Why is God's glory often seen in the midst of suffering?

The angel who announced the good news of the Resurrection to the women gave them four messages: (1) Don’t be afraid. The reality of the Resurrection brings joy, not fear. When you are afraid, remember the empty tomb. (2) He isn’t here. Jesus is not dead and is not to be looked for among the dead. He is alive, with his people. (3) Come, see. The women could check the evidence themselves. The tomb was empty then, and it is empty today. The Resurrection is a historical fact. (4) Go quickly and tell. They were to spread the joy of the Resurrection. We, too, are to spread the great news about Jesus’ resurrection.

When we share our suffering with someone it hurts to be told things like, “God works all things together for good” (Romans 8:28). Jesus shows us how to deal with suffering and injustice by loving God with our whole person and loving our neighbor as ourselves, including those who are difficult or mistreat us. Of course, this requires maturity and strength and that’s a main reason why we need to go through hardships and tribulations and His Glory is shown in these situations.

Q3. How is Jesus' glory displayed in his trial and crucifixion? In his resurrection? How do you think the thief on the cross and the centurion supervising the crucifixion could see his glory? Why is God's glory often seen in the midst of suffering?

Jesus' glory is displayed in his trial and crucifixion as king he keeps his eye on the kingdom, he stated he was not of this world; He forgives those who crucified him and receives the thief into glory.

Jesus' glory is displayed in the resurrection on the road when he says that the crucifixion had to happen according to the prophets.

they saw his glory by his forgiving power, and not retaliating to the mockers.

God's glory is often seen in the midst of suffering because there is a remarkable power of control and confidence in God occurring.

Jesus was gloried even during the trial and crucifixion time also, When Pilate asks Jesus the Sanhedrin's charge that are you the King of the Jews, Jesus says "as you say so" Here he is glorified as king. He says His kingdom is not  of this world.

In His resurrection He got glorified as told before he came out of the tomb on the third day alive, proving to the world that He is the way the truth the Life for the world, and is sitting on the right hand side of the heavenly  Father. 

The thief and centurion have seen the glory of God and testified,  the thief recollects Jesus preaching good news and confesses his sin and praised jesus for seeing his forgiving nature even on the cross when initially he cursed Jesus. The centurion also sees all the ordeal on the Golgotha and the events that followed there and says he is truly the son of God.

God's glory is often seen in the suffering because during this period one humbles himself and seeks Gods intervention and the miracles of God happen and the glory of God is visible.

• 3 weeks later...

Jesus’ glory was displayed in his trial and crucifixion when He didn’t answer any of the questions. He was letting God speak for Him. In the resurrection that is when He came into all his glory. The thief on the cross and the centurion supervising the crucifixion could see his glory because of what happened when Jesus was put on the cross.

• 1 month later...

Knowing that the time had come and knowing who He is (attention and happenings) - witness by the earth; His composure on the cross (it is finished); recognition that He is different

We are suffering as Christ suffered and as being prophesied before in the Word; we are co-heirs; Christ being lifted up; the dark hour as the suffering Servant passage in Isaiah; 

Kingdom proclaimed before people even when He knew was going to die (He is King)

When going through things (trust and obedience in God even at that time - purpose for things happening); being focused on Jesus as the King; seeing His life and the light that He brings in all things - God the Father and Jesus the Son glorified; salvation made possible

• 3 months later...
On 12/16/2016 at 11:40 AM, Pastor Ralph said:

Jesus' glory came through when he did not fight back but gave credit to his father who n heaven.  He knew that his time was coming so he proclaimed the truth.   But at the same time he was in. Deep prayer with God.  The guard and the thief saw how much Jesus a was suffering, but yet did not complain or lambast his persecutors.  God's glory is seen by answered prayers, easing of suffering, the peace that he can only give and our faith in him that all will be well.

• 11 months later...
On 12/16/2016 at 1:40 PM, Pastor Ralph said:

In the ways He answers Pontious Pilate with wisdom to the extent that Pilate really wants to release Him.  In Matthew 26:53-54 Jesus says basically that He could pray to God and His Father would give Him more than 12 legions of angels, but He says how will the scriptures be fulfilled and they must be.  When He was being mocked and crucified He says Father forgive them for they don’t know what they are doing, that’s bravery.  In His resurrection because He overcame death and is alive forevermore.  The thief on the cross next to Him said don’t forget me Lord when you go to your Kingdom, Jesus responds today you shall be in paradise with me, that’s glory.  The centurion saw the earthquake, and how the veil of the temple was broke in two from top to bottom.   Graves were opened and many bodies of the saints that slept arose and came out of the graves and appeared to many.  Because God is able to work His greatest acts when there is suffering, He can comfort after a time of suffering.  God builds people stronger after they go through suffering, He can then give them comfort.

• 7 months later...

Q3. How is Jesus' glory displayed in his trial and crucifixion?

It is seen 5 times in His trial and crucifixion.  1.  Before the Sanhedrin when Jesus referred to Daniel's prophecy of the Son of Man.  2.  Before Pilate when Jesus said that His kingdom was not of this world.  3.  The placard Pilate ordered to be put on his cross that said in three languages 'Jesus of Nazareth, the King of the Jews.'  4.  The thief on the cross who said, Jesus remember me when you come into your kingdom.  5.  The centurion saying, This man was the Son of God.

In his resurrection?  Life conquered death.

How do you think the thief on the cross and the centurion supervising the crucifixion could see his glory?  They saw God's love and forgiveness ccome from Jesus in the midst of man's hate and judgment.  They saw light in the darkness.

Why is God's glory often seen in the midst of suffering?  God's light and love shine through in the midst of man's darkness and hate.