JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q1. Beholding His Glory

• 2 months later...

Q1. (2 Corinthians 3:18) 
In your own words, how do you describe what it means to "behold His glory"? 
Have you ever experienced this? 
What do you think would be necessary for you to experience this on a regular basis? 
What keeps you from experiencing this? 

The more time I spend with my Lord and Saviour, the more I’m in awe of Him, and the more I “behold His glory”. It is then that I get a glimpse of His infinite power, wisdom, and goodness. As a believer I have the mind of Christ (1 Corinthians 2:16) and can begin to have some insight into some of God’s plans, thoughts, and actions. All of this is only made possible through the power and control of the Holy Spirit.

I constantly experience His glory, as I’m surrounded by it. All I have to do is look around me, and up into the skies to behold His glory, and to realise how infinitely great He is, and how my finite mind finds it difficult to comprehend all of this. Then I come to think of my salvation - that an all-powerful God should have chosen a sinner like me to be saved. I think about His love and the sacrifice of His Son on the Cross – all of this is truly mind-boggling!

I would think that to experience this on a regular basis, one must acknowledge and trust our Lord and Saviour in everything we do, and not lean on our own understanding (Proverbs 3:5-60.

What keeps us from experiencing this? Our hearts are susceptible to the influence of our sin-nature and as soon as we get out of step spiritually with the Holy Spirit, and our fellowship with Jesus is broken, our evil desires take over (Galatians 5:19-21). Spiritually, our hearts and minds are hardened and we no longer can behold His glory. 

To be able to look in the mirror and see oneself as God sees you, Christ being in you.  To search within oneself to see the revelation of God in our souls.  To have the Spirit of God in us.  To have an intimate relationship with God that never fades away.  To have Christ dwell in us and be able to see that He is the Son of God as God manifested in the flesh.

Yes. God’s glory is all around me.  The earth and all the things He made.  He was there with me as I recently had surgery, made my operation a success and was there with me each day during my recovery.   

I think that I have to study the bible and understand what God is like.  I have to become a Christian believer and reflect on Christ who is the Father’s image so that I could become more like God’s image.

My faith has to be stronger.   I am distracted with the worldly distractions around me.

On ‎12‎/‎16‎/‎2016 at 2:42 PM, Pastor Ralph said:

Q1. (2 Corinthians 3:18) In your own words, how do you describe what it means to “behold his glory”? Have you ever experienced this? What do you think would be necessary for you to experience this on a regular basis? What keeps you from experiencing this?

His glory is in all the earth revealing Himself in everything he has created the sun, the moon, the stars, the flowers, birds and how fearfully and wonderfully we are made and that He has made use a three part being, housing a spirit that communes with His Spirit and that we can have fellowship with Him.  What an awesome God. Who can comprehend His greatness but by His Holy Spirit revealing Himself to us. Knowing that He is working in us to will and to do of His good pleasure and changing us from glory to glory.

When I am quiet before the Lord spending time in His presence a peace comes over me and I know that he is near and revealing more of Himself to me that I might know Him.

By continually spending time in His presence in prayer, meditating on His Word, that brings life,  and being obedient and depending on Him and not on myself.

Being too busy, laziness, not spending time in the Word and letting other distractions come in.

I believe "Be holding His Glory",  He deserves are worship because of who He is and that is the Almighty Good. Praising God through prayer, studying His words, and worshipping Him. God is like looking in the mirror and seeing His Glory through you. What you are seeing is His continent has changed through you. I have experienced this during worshipping Him,prayer and praise. What people has told me there is a glow in all over me. Praying for people, God has knock them out. The outside world becomes afraid to touch me because of God's Spirit is all over me they don't understand Be holding God's Glory and how He can change you. What would be necessary is put yourself last and God always first, it is important that you have a relationship with God. Sinning would not help you in no form or fashion to live for God. Keep Him with you constantly.

Q1.

Q. (2 Corinthians 3:18) In your own words, how do you describe what it means to "behold his glory"?

A. Beholding His glory is to absorb and to reflect God's glory as one communicate with Him

Q. Have you ever experienced this?

A. I am not sure given that it is some who would notice it as the Israelites noticed Moses face shining.

Q. What do you think would be necessary for you to experience this on a regular basis?

A. By and through intimate communion with the Lord

Q. What keeps you from experiencing this?

A. Failure to commit seriously to having intimate fellowship with the Lord God

Q1. (2 Corinthians 3:18) In your own words, how do you describe what it means to “behold his glory”? To be able to look in the mirror and see oneself as God sees you, Christ being in you.  To search within oneself to see the revelation of God in our souls.  To have the Spirit of God in us.  To have an intimate relationship with God that never fades away.  To have Christ dwell in us and be able to see that He is the Son of God as God manifested in the flesh. The glory of the Word--the Word who is God.

Have you ever experienced this? Yes, at times when I really immerse myself in the spirit, I feel different and I have this peace upon me.

What do you think would be necessary for you to experience this on a regular basis? To continue to immerse in God's Word and daily prayer to strengthen you.

What keeps you from experiencing this? Failure to commit in having an intimate relationship with God.

On ‎12‎/‎16‎/‎2016 at 11:42 AM, Pastor Ralph said:

Q1. (2 Corinthians 3:18) In your own words, how do you describe what it means to “behold his glory”? Have you ever experienced this? What do you think would be necessary for you to experience this on a regular basis? What keeps you from experiencing this?

A & B. I don't know why but I was given the privilege and amazing joy of seeing Jesus in His Glory at a time when I was in sheer terror which had been going on for weeks. I finally couldn't take it anymore and was kneeling by my bed crying out to Him for relief. It was around noon on a bright sunny day. My eyes were closed and my head was bowed when suddenly the whole room lit up with glittering light. I instantly looked up to see what was going on, and Jesus was standing about 6 feet away....glowing and radiant, looking at me. Before I could run to Him, He said "Be still....and know that I Am God" then disappeared. I didn't just see Him. I could physically "feel" His Presence...I can only describe it as if warm honey or warm oil was being poured over me and inside me...the most unspeakable peace was the result. He was only there for less than a minute but I have never forgotten the glory which surrounded Him and the loving, healing, balm which covered and filled me and the terror just dissolved.

C. I wish I knew! I would give everything to live in that awareness of His Presence now....but  know that is what awaits us in Heaven. Too beautiful to put into words. When He's present, as He was on Sunday when I went forward for healing at church due to extreme pain in my shoulders from several falls I've taken in the past few months, as I stood at the altar, my hands went up into the air and my whole body was filled with a tingling sensation. No one had prayed with me, but I knew He had just healed me, and the pain was gone. His glory was present but unseen but felt in the result.

D. His appearance wasn't due to anything I did or deserved, so I don't think I can experience that on a regular basis...it was simply His tender mercy and grace to comfort His terrified daughter. I do sense His Presence often during quiet times of devotion, or in nature when I'm thrilled by something He has created or drawn my attention to, but it's not the same as actually physically seeing Him in all His glory. I feel His peaceful presence and glory when He speaks to me, and I know I'm loved and cherished and that He is with me. I saw His glory in our new minutes old babies. His glory is revealed in His creation!

To behold his glory to me mean that you have been in the presence of the lord. Yes, I believed that when we pray and meditate on his word and he give us revelation then I believe that we are in his presence. When we come to church and lift him up, we are in his presence. To experience his presence on a regular basic is to stay connected to him in praying and studying his word and obeying his word. Disobedience and just being a hearer and not sanctifying ourselves can hinder us.

Q1.  (2 Corinthians 3:18) In your own words, how do you describe what it means to "behold his glory"? Have you ever experienced this? What do you think would be necessary for you to experience this on a regular basis? What keeps you from experiencing this?

1. It means to receive a great and bright way of God revealing something to you. Worshiping God, reading and studying his word, and fasting. Have a great and meaningful relationship with him. Giving him all the praise.

2. Yes, I get in his presence and receive a strong anointing of his spirit. I receive peace and comfort nobody can give me.      

3. Make sure I am trying to get stronger and stronger in God everyday by reading and praying alone with fasting. Pray without ceasing and keeping him steadily on my mind as much as possible.

4. When we have disobedience which involves sin in our life. Putting him second and not first.

Q1. (2 Corinthians 3:18) In your own words, how do you describe what it means to "behold his glory"? Have you ever experienced this? What do you think would be necessary for you to experience this on a regular basis? What keeps you from experiencing this?

a)         (2 Corinthians 3:18) In your own words, how do you describe what it means to "behold his glory"?

God had always from the beginning wants to save us from sin and transform each and person who gradually grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord Jesus, into the likeness of His Son. Because, “The veil is removed in Christ.” And with the veil removed, we can experience the transformation by God. Only then can we be able to manifest God’s glory, just as St. Paul wrote, “….transformed into the same image from glory to glory...” This process will ultimately transform us into His glorious Image.

B)         Have you ever experienced this? What do you think would be necessary for you to experience this on a regular basis? What keeps you from experiencing this?

Yes, but I was never able to hold on to it – I fell so many times – I get up as I experience a need to change and I follow as the Spirit – then I allow and follow the desires of my heart – but I continue trying again and again in God’s grace - then I fall again – pressures of work / family & acquaintances -

Q1.

Behold his glory, mean reflection about God my heart because God is Holy spirit, than invite Him in to our Heart and we see his glory.

Yes sure I have many Experiences in my life.

From read bible, join in Christian group and pray.

To know more about his glory and make good relationship with God, I mean concentration for God number one after that to do others.

On 12/16/2016 at 1:42 PM, Pastor Ralph said:

As believer's we see Christ as the image of God. By his word in the bible, we are gradually transformed into the image of Christ, our sanctification process.

Our experience in this is by the spirit of the Lord, we are filled with his spirit. We can experience this glory of Christ by his indwelling with our spirit.

To experience his glory on a regular basis, we must obey the Lord's commands and pray continually for him to reveal himself to us. As we pray we are filled with his joy and peace.

The things that would keep me from experiencing this gory would be the lack of faith and lack of prayers. 

When I experience and see in others lives transformed that can only happen through God's power for His glory, I see Him.  When He gives me revelation in His Word that I never saw before, I see God's power and His glory, I see Him.  When I look at my life now, as compared to then, I see God's power for His glory, I see Him. These are just a few examples of how I behold His glory.

Being close to God through His Word and prayer and through my confession of sin, turning from sin, and staying in an obedient heart, that's when He's closest to me.

When I begin to wander away from Him by the concerns of this world I quickly lose this revelation from Him.  It's when I repent and return to His word, that is when He is closest to me and shows me His glory.

When Moses came down Mount Sinai with the Ten Commandments, his face glowed from being in God’s presence (Exodus 34:29-35). Moses had to put on a veil to keep the people from being terrified by the brightness of his face and from seeing the radiance fade away. This veil illustrates the fading of the old system and the veiling of the people’s minds because of their pride, hardness of heart, and refusal to repent. The veil kept them from understanding references to Christ in the Scriptures. When anyone becomes a Christian, the veil is stripped off , giving eternal life and freedom from bondage. You then be like a mirror reflecting God’s glory.

What prevents me from experiencing this gory is sin, my personal relationship with God, the lack of faith and prayer life. 

• 2 weeks later...

To behold his glory is to be in his presence by reading his word and applying it to my life. 

Yes when I realize prayers have been answered and His word seems to become real to me.

To experience this on a regular basis, I need to pray and read the bible at a set time.

Busyness.

Beholding God's glory to me is to possess the God's glory and reflect it, this is possible when we led by the holyspirit, when we the path Jesus Christ has show us to walk, which Apostle Paul says to walk his way and  follow him to Christ. 

I had experienced this glory of God in my life, as I made up my mind to follow Jesus Christ in all walks of my life strictly, His glory reflected in the from of blessings in my family where my daughter got selected for a top Government job, it reflected God's glory as people acknowledged that by walking in Lord's path this is how He will bless.

To experience this on a regular basis with out ceasing we follow our Lord and we can expect more glory contineuosly reflecting throuh us.

Temptations and arrogance and not being humble after Lord has elevated us will see one stop reflecting the glory of God, so weather God does miracles in our life or not we should simply follow Him so that His glory is reflected in our  life through our humbleness.

• 3 weeks later...

To me to “behold his glory” means that when I am doing God’s work I get the feeling that I am getting more out of what I am doing then what I am putting into it. I have experienced this every time I go on a mission trip or deliver meals to the elderly. To experience this on a regular basis would be to be doing those things all the time. I am the one that keeps me from experiencing this on a regular basis.

• 1 month later...

Beholding his glory is seeing his works like the beauty of his world, the trees, the birds, the flowers, the scents in the air.  Beholding his glory is seeing his creation of a newborn child. The stars, moon, beautiful music.  It is also sensing his presence.  Years ago I was leading worship and sensed the Lord. I thought he was behind me and I said " Lord are you behind me?"  I heard him reply "Marie I am all around you"?. There are so many ways he reveals his glory.  I like to say if you hear a scripture or truth 2x in one day and they come from 2 different sources, THAT is the Lord!  He chooses when to reveal himself but I think if we make ourselves more avaliable to him by prayer, meditating on his word, being quiet in his presence, worshiping him and fasting at times we will hear more of him.
What keeps me from experiencing  this?  Mostly when I don't take time to listen, get lazy or when I don't trust him. When I let myself be consumed  with other things good or bad.  Sometimes doing good things can be the enemy and I miss what he wanted to show me.  Also if I get consumed with shame and don't accept that he really forgives me when I miss the mark, I miss the glory he wanted to show me.

BEHOLD HIS GLORY: The light and life of God is reflected on us and in us thereby we can see the manifestation in our character and conduct; acknowledging the majesty of God with a transformation idea; giving self to God

NECESSARY TO EXPERIENCE: Spending time with the Lord worshiping and seeking God; being a God-chaser

KEEPS FROM EXPERIENCING: Distractions and low self-esteem; comparing self to others rather than giving God the glory as a new creation and being fearfully made.

• 2 months later...
On 12/16/2016 at 11:42 AM, Pastor Ralph said:

To behold God's glory is to be able to see and experience it in our life.  I have experienced it through a peace and understanding that his presence was with me.  I have also experienced his glory when by looking at nature and the awesomeness of his creation.  The on a regular basis to experience it is for me to be in the word, just plain ole worship and praise and in constant prayer.  Everyday Lord, Everyday.

• 11 months later...
On 12/16/2016 at 1:42 PM, Pastor Ralph said:

To see and experience His Devine Glory, beauty, majesty, power, light, and peace.  Yes, I have experienced and seen His Glory and it’s beyond comprehension.  I see Jesus’s Glory on a daily basis, for the whole world is full of God’s Glory, there is no other.  Search the beauty of all He has created the mountains, valleys, animals, other humans, other countries, even the hidden things of God.  Since we are under the firmament, we can only look up into the sky.  In the firmament His Glory is even greater the nine orders of angelic beings Seraphim’s, Cherubim’s, Thrones, Dominion’s, Virtues, Powers, Principalities, Archangel’s, Angel’s all behold God’s Glory always.  These nine orders of angelic beings are beautiful and also Heaven is Glorious through and through.  There is terrible majesty with God.  No flesh can see God for He is too Holy for that to happen.  

• 4 years later...

Beholding His glory in my own understanding can mean experiencing God' s presence in my life both spiritually and physically. Be at peace with myself even when situations do not allow. I believe God's glory brings contentment knowing that He is forever with me and in me.

Many a times have I experienced this. I will be walking in a mall and see people that I do not know smiling with me and I will immediately sense that there is more to the smile than meets the eye. An aura that makes people feel attracted to me even without speaking to them, confirms that the presence of God really is with me and in me.

Spending quality time with God but also being prepared to be obedient to Him and do His will. Conversations that I have with God assist me to understand Him as my Father and as I open up to Him, I experience that even though I go through challenges, He is there with me and He will see me through.

Acknowledging that He alone is worthy of all the honor and praise and that there is nothing that I can do without Him.