JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q3. Spiritual Authority

• 2 months later...
On ‎12‎/‎16‎/‎2016 at 11:48 AM, Pastor Ralph said:

Q3. (Ephesians 1:20-22; 2:6) Jesus’ apostles were given spiritual authority from Jesus to carry out their ministries. What is the basis of your spiritual authority? Why do you think we believers neglect to exercise our God-given Kingdom authority?

A. The basis for my spiritual authority is His say-so, the Word of God. He has put all things under His feet and is Supreme Head of the church.....which is His body, the fullness of Him Who fills all in all in full measure Who makes everything complete and Who fills everything everywhere with Himself." v22,23.

B. I think it is a lack of teaching and / or a lack of understanding. I was mystified until I had good teaching on The Authority of the Believer and read the book by the same name. When I was trying to grasp this concept, I had a dream one night which gave me revelation knowledge. I was on a girls weekend at Yosemite with two friends and had been thinking about this subject before I went to sleep. That night I dreamed that there was a knock at the door of our room and as I was the only one awake I went to answer. There was an enormous yellow vehicle like a road grader idling outside, making a lot of noise and foul exhaust. The "person" who knocked, tried to push the door open. I knew, in the dream, that this was an evil spirit, and I held out my hand and said "No! You are not welcome here and you are to leave now!"  The spirit slinked away and left with the vehicle. When I woke up in the morning, I realized our authority is like that of a traffic cop standing in the middle of a bustling intersection and when he holds up his hand, the trucks and cars stop. Humanly speaking he would be ignored, but his badge gives him delegated authority of the government to "reign" at that intersection. That is like our delegated authority from God...we have no badge, but we are covered by His blood and His presence in us, and the demonic world recognizes Him in us and has to obey, back off and flee.

Q3. (Ephesians 1:20-22; 2:6) 
Jesus' apostles were given spiritual authority from Jesus to carry out their ministries. 
What is the basis of your spiritual authority? 
Why do you think we believers neglect to exercise our God-given Kingdom authority? 

Following Christ's resurrection and ascension, God seated Him at His right hand in the heavenly places. To be seated at the right hand of God signifies a position of privilege, unlimited power, and the highest honour. And then, God raised us from death to life with Christ Jesus, giving us a place beside Christ in heaven! This is our glorious position as a result of our union with Him. If only we would realise this, and claim this by faith, it will change our whole outlook on things, and the quality of our lives as well. Our focus would now be on the things above, and we would no longer be concerned with the things of this earth. I’m guilty of neglecting to exercise this God-given authority. I have never thought of this before. I feel we are experiencing a diminishing influence in our world around us as our lives often reflect the world’s values. I need to be empowered by the Holy Spirit to turn this around. With His help I can move past my weaknesses and fears to a position of strength. 

The basis for my spiritual authority comes from Jesus Christ who is sitting on he right-hand of the Father. Jesus spiritual authority runs from heaven to us and he has commissioned us to go and tell everyone that Christ lives and forgives sins if you repent. Jesus said, "'As the Father has sent me, I am sending you.' And with that he breathed on them and said, 'Receive the Holy Spirit. If you forgive anyone his sins, they are forgiven; if you do not forgive them, they are not forgiven.'" (John 20:21-23). I believe we have a tendency to think it worked back in biblical times but not today. Jesus is the same then and now, it's all about totally believing, "we can do all things through Christ who strengthen us" (Phil. 4:13).

The basis of spiritual authority is to use God’s authority to proclaim his kingdom.  This is granted to us through His Son Jesus Christ.  It is the basis of ‘Healing Ministries’ where God’s power in us is used with faith, compassion and love.

Today many of us are unsure of ourselves in God’s eyes. We are confronted with those who doubt our works, rebuke us.  

Q3. (Ephesians 1:20-22; 2:6) Jesus’ apostles were given spiritual authority from Jesus to carry out their ministries.

What is the basis of your spiritual authority? The basis of spiritual authority is to use God’s authority to proclaim his kingdom.  This is granted to us through His Son Jesus Christ. Jesus spiritual authority runs from heaven to us and he has commissioned us to go and tell everyone that Christ lives and forgives sins if you repent.

Why do you think we believers neglect to exercise our God-given Kingdom authority? I feel we are experiencing a diminishing influence in our world around us as our lives often reflect the world’s values. I need to be empowered by the Holy Spirit to turn this around. With His help I can move past my weaknesses and fears to a position of strength. We are unsure of ourselves in God’s eyes. We are confronted with those who doubt our works, rebuke us.  

On ‎12‎/‎16‎/‎2016 at 2:48 PM, Pastor Ralph said:

Q3. (Ephesians 1:20-22; 2:6) Jesus’ apostles were given spiritual authority from Jesus to carry out their ministries. What is the basis of your spiritual authority? Why do you think we believers neglect to exercise our God-given Kingdom authority?

My authority derives from Jesus with whom I am seated in heavenly realms.  I have "positional authority" because I am in Christ.

Fear of man and being turned off by people who don't want to hear it, prayerlessness, laziness, worldliness, not reading the word, being led by the flesh and not by the Holy Spirit. I am asking God for passion for Him, the Word and a burden for the lost and to grow in God and be led by the Spirit and not by the flesh.

Q3. (Ephesians 1:20-22; 2:6)

Q. Jesus' apostles were given spiritual authority from Jesus to carry out their ministries. What is the basis of your spiritual authority?

A. The power of the Lord Jesus Christ in whom I am and seated in/ with Him on the throne at the right hand of God

Q. Why do you think we believers neglect to exercise our God-given Kingdom authority?

A. Ignorance: not knowing our status and position in the Kingdom of the most high God

Christ living in me gives me the authority and the power over Satan and his schemes and over my sinful nature.  It's the power of the Holy Spirit...not my power.  Lack of spiritual understanding is why we do not know and use this power that is available to all true repentant believers. 

Q3.  (Ephesians 1:20-22; 2:6) Jesus' apostles were given spiritual authority from Jesus to carry out their ministries. What is the basis of your spiritual authority? Why do you think we believers neglect to exercise our God-given Kingdom authority?

1. I am use my God given holy ghost power and authority to drive out all demons and to cure diseases, and to preach the kingdom of God and to heal the sick.

2. We neglect to exercise our God given kingdom authority because we are slow, not reading God’s word and praying, some are shame of God, and letting the past rule us instead of looking forward. Also, being a man pleaser, fear, unbelief, misunderstanding, lack of teaching.

Q3. (Ephesians 1:20-22; 2:6) Jesus' apostles were given spiritual authority from Jesus to carry out their ministries. What is the basis of your spiritual authority? Why do you think we believers neglect to exercise our God-given Kingdom authority?

The world fears the power of the atom, yet we belong to the God of the universe, who not only created that atomic power but also raised Jesus Christ from the dead. God’s incomparably great power is available to help you. There is nothing too difficult for him.

Having been raised from the dead, Christ is now the head of the church, the ultimate authority over the world. Jesus is the Messiah, God’s anointed one, the one Israel longed for, the one who would set their broken world right. As Christians we can be confident that God has won the final victory and is in control of everything. We need not fear any dictator or nation or even death or Satan himself. The contract has been signed and sealed; we are waiting just a short while for delivery. Paul says, in Romans (8:37-39) that nothing can separate us from God and his love.

On 12/16/2016 at 1:48 PM, Pastor Ralph said:

The basis of our spiritual authority from the Lord is a positional authority.

Believers neglect to exercise their God-given authority because they lack faith, do not understand the authority we possess or we flat believe only the Apostles had this authority 

Jesus gave spiritual authority to his apostles to carry out their ministry in this world as he has exercised, with this spiritual powers his disciples can perform miracles in this world which glorify God in turn bring them to salvation is basis of giving this power, they were able to perform various miracles like bring back dead to life, blind could see, lame could walk and the sick healed. 

We neglect to exercise this power because under estimate our power given by Jesus Christ through resurrection, our authority is derived from Jesus which is unlimited, we are only ignorant and neglecting to exercise. and Jesus himself was telling to inform John the Baptist in Mathew 11:5 about the power of the kingdom..

Christ who is seated in heaven, that power flows from him to us.  Lack of faith and belief; we don't know who we are in the kingdom.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

BASIS OF SPIRITUAL AUTHORITY: Seeing God's dominion as King, Ruler and with power; authority everlasting and delegated to operate doing God's will in His people; the Word being the foundation with His promises; acknowledging the kingdom's rule (with us); knowing that we win the spiritual battle and thereby acting and thinking like kingdom people (God with us); authority in using Jesus' name for the work of the kingdom; our rights as Christians (given commandment by Jesus); using spiritual gifts and being lead by the Holy Spirit

NEGLECT TO EXERCISE AUTHORITY: not understanding the opportunity given to do God's purpose in the world; not to looking from the Word to actions (but being worldly minded); not seeking to do God's will because of the responsibility (being accountable); to not see it as our rights but as a burden; low self-esteem (can God use me?); not seeing it as something needed from the position of being "in Christ" and knowing that we are standing because of Jesus with His power 

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/17/2016 at 3:48 AM, Pastor Ralph said:

What is the basis of your spiritual authority?

Answer: My spiritual authority is based on the  belief  that I am a child of God , that  his son Jesus Christ died for my sins thus I become  a new person. It is no longer I but Christ lives in me therefore  such spiritual authority is within me.

Why do you think we believers neglect to exercise our God-given Kingdom authority?

Answer: We neglect to exercise our God-given Kingdom authority because of lack of faith and belief to the one who had given us the said authority.

• 2 months later...
On 12/16/2016 at 11:48 AM, Pastor Ralph said:

I have been given spiritual authority through Christ Jesus.  Once I accepted him, I have been giv n he authority to go out and give the same glory to others so that they will know God.  I think that we neglect to use our kingdom authority because we forget that we have it.  Maybe afraid or maybe a lack of no how.....or at least we think that.

• 11 months later...
On 12/16/2016 at 1:48 PM, Pastor Ralph said:

My faith has been tested time and time again, my spiritual authority is based on Jesus Christ the Lord of Glory.  I have overcome the devil every time he’s tried to get me, my guardian angels have always been there for me.  Really it’s God sending His angels to protect me.  I think because sometimes are unsure of what powers we have been given and don’t want to be mocked if we can’t perform a miracle.  But and if we can’t perform a miracle, there are other powers God has given us.

• 7 months later...

Q3. (Ephesians 1:20-22; 2:6) Jesus' apostles were given spiritual authority from Jesus to carry out their ministries. What is the basis of your spiritual authority? We are seated with Christ in heavenly places.  Why do you think we believers neglect to exercise our God-given Kingdom authority?  I believe we neglect to exercise our authority because of fear which is caused from submitting to man and quenching the Holy Spirit, who was given to us to get rid of the spirit of fear.  Morris Cerullo has a book titled 'One Demon Spriit.'  He said that there are still demoniacs in our day but they are all locked up in prisons and mental institutes.  He said taht the one demon spirit is fear in the church.  The disciples were hiding out in fear until they were filled with the Holy Spirit.  God's perfect love casts out fear.  Joseph Prince tells the story of a minister who went into the worst ward of a mental institute.  He couldn't minister to the patients.  The Holy spirit told him to sing the song 'Jesus Loves Me.'  One by one the patients joined him in singing this song.  Most, if not all, of the inmates were released from the hospital.  God's love is the power of God. 

• 4 years later...

The basis of my spiritual authority is that in Him I live, move and have my being. I truly believe that when Jesus Christ, I died with Him because He took away all my sins and I resurrected with Him because He made me new. Christ Jesus has given me the power to proclaim the good news and He has enabled me through the Holy Spirit. 

We neglect our God-given Kingdom authority because we are not sure of who we are in Christ. Christ Jesus has given us all the power through the Holy Spirit to do more things than He did. We just need to exercise our faith and trust in God the Omnipotent.