JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q4. (Zechariah 12-13) Paul was broken-hearted for his countrymen the Jews, who had rejected the Messiah. We should be too. When do you think the prophecy will be fulfilled that says, “They will look on me, the one they have pierced, and they will mourn…?” (Zechariah 12:10). Concerning the fountain that cleanses from sin and impurity (Zechariah 13:1), has that been fulfilled, or will it be future? Why will it please God so much when all the Jews finally believe in Jesus?

• 1 month later...

I believe it happens when Jesus returns!

The fountain that cleanses from sin is Jesus, I think.  His blood shed on the cross and the Holy Spirit's work in our lives to draw us to Him.  It has happened already and will happen again when Israel's eyes are opened when He returns.

They are His chosen people, the ones He made covenants with, and desires they finally turn to Him in repentance.

Q4. (Zechariah 12-13) Paul was broken-hearted for his countrymen the Jews, who had rejected the Messiah. We should be too. When do you think the prophecy will be fulfilled that says, “They will look on me, the one they have pierced, and they will mourn…?”

Answer: I think it will happen on the end times when there will be repentance and cleansing, when the fullness of Gentiles has come in, and all Israel will be saved (Romans 11:25-26).

(Zechariah 12:10). Concerning the fountain that cleanses from sin and impurity (Zechariah 13:1), has that been fulfilled, or will it be future?

Answer: As per our study, I think it will also be in the End Times.

Why will it please God so much when all the Jews finally believe in Jesus?

Answer: Because Israel or Jews are His chosen people and nation and they are more special to God. 

On 8/15/2017 at 5:34 PM, Pastor Ralph said:

Q4. (Zechariah 12-13) Paul was broken-hearted for his countrymen the Jews, who had rejected the Messiah. We should be too. When do you think the prophecy will be fulfilled that says, “They will look on me, the one they have pierced, and they will mourn…?” (Zechariah 12:10). Concerning the fountain that cleanses from sin and impurity (Zechariah 13:1), has that been fulfilled, or will it be future? Why will it please God so much when all the Jews finally believe in Jesus?

The prophecy will be fulfilled at the End Times or sometime in the future.  The fountain that cleanses from sin and impurity will be future.   It will please God when all the Jews finally believe in Jesus because they are his chosen people.

Q4. (Zechariah 12-13) Paul was broken-hearted for his countrymen the Jews, who had rejected the Messiah. We should be too. When do you think the prophecy will be fulfilled that says, “They will look on me, the one they have pierced, and they will mourn…?”

This is prophecy will be fulfilled in the Book of Revelation. The end times after the "being caught up", but before the second coming or the Day of The Lord. They will have the seal of God on their foreheads. These are the ones who come out from the great tribulation , and washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.

Zechariah 12:10). Concerning the fountain that cleanses from sin and impurity (Zechariah 13:1), has that been fulfilled, or will it be future? Both! The shed Blood of The Lamb has cleansed, is cleansing and will cleanse. At the time Jesus died on the cross and then was raised from the dead, He is and was all anyone form any time in history needed. He is Omnipresent. Therefore; He can not, nor His work be measured by time. Whenever and wherever whoever has accepted the work that Jesus completed (death, burial and resurrection) has been justified and now are being sanctified (set-apart).

Because His chosen people are now submitting to His authority. God has been pleading with His children throughout history - Major and Minor Prophets - Finally, they recognize the Messiah as Savior. Behold the Lamb of God. The 144,000 (all tribes represented - 12,000 from each tribe) will have His Father's name written on their foreheads. They will sing a new song before the throne....no one could learn this song except the hundred and forty thousand who were redeemed from the earth. These are the ones who were not defiled. These are the ones who follow the Lamb wherever He goes. These were redeemed from among men being first fruits to God and to the Lamb. The prodigals have returned and now are worshiping and praising their Savior.

On ‎8‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 2:34 PM, Pastor Ralph said:

"IQ4. (Zechariah 12-13) Paul was broken-hearted for his countrymen the Jews, who had rejected the Messiah. We should be too. When do you think the prophecy will be fulfilled that says, “They will look on me, the one they have pierced, and they will mourn…?”

It will follow the great war where many nations come against Israel to destroy her but God defends her and plans to destroy those nations, after which He will pour out the Spirit of Grace, favor and supplication and Israel will finally see, believe and receive their Messiah whom they rejected when He was among them on earth and whom they have continued to reject (for the most part) for 2,000 years. (Zechariah 12:9,10)

Concerning the fountain that cleanses from sin and impurity, has that happened or will it be fulfilled in the future?

That was fulfilled when Jesus blood was poured out on the Cross, ONCE FOR ALL mankind's sins, past, present and future. ("In that day there shall be a fountain opened for the house of David, etc.  Zechariah 13:1) The blood Jesus shed for them at the cross will be available to them when they recognize Him and repent, just as it has been opened for believers down through the centuries since the Cross. But it must also include the Baptism in the Holy Spirit (rivers of Living Water flowing from within) because of verse 12:10 "and I will pour out upon the House of David THE SPIRIT OF GRACE, FAVOR AND SUPPLICATION", which follows salvation  and which has also been His gift to His bride the Church through the centuries. It won't be enough to just say Yes, you're the Messiah. They too must be born again.

Why will it please God so much when all of the Jews finally believe in Jesus?

The Jews born through Abraham and Sarah and with whom he made Covenant, will finally "come home" to their Father God, through Messiah, Jesus the Christ. Their rebellion, unbelief and idolatry will be at an end, and what He desired from the beginning for them will at last be accomplished. After He brings a third part through the Tribulation fire, and refines them, "They will call upon My Name, and I will hear and answer them. I will say: "It is My people" and they will say "The Lord is my God" (Zech 13:9) Then the Millennium will begin and for 1,000 years Jesus will reign from Jerusalem.

Q4. (Zechariah 12-13) 
Paul was broken-hearted for his countrymen the Jews, who had rejected the Messiah. 
We should be too. 
When do you think the prophecy will be fulfilled that says, "They will look on me, the one they have pierced, and they will mourn...?" (Zechariah 12:10). 
Concerning the fountain that cleanses from sin and impurity (Zechariah 13:1), has that been fulfilled, or will it be future? 

The prophecy has been partially fulfilled when our Lord and Saviour died on the Cross for our sins. It will be fully fulfilled with Jesus’ Second Coming when all people will realise that Jesus, the man who was pierced and killed, is the Messiah. Then Israel also will realise how mistaken they have been in not putting their trust in Jesus Christ. They will then partake in the fountain that cleanses from sin and impurity. They will experience spiritual renewal and restoration. 

We Christians look upon Jesus right now and mourn. But I don’t think that Jews will do that until Jesus returns the second time. Right now we Christians have that fountain that cleanses us from sin and impurity. But for the Jews that is a future promise. It will please God when all the Jews finally believe in Jesus because that is His son whom He loved so much that He sent down to earth for our sins.

Q4. (Zechariah 12-13) Paul was broken-hearted for his countrymen the Jews, who had rejected the Messiah. We should be too. When do you think the prophecy will be fulfilled that says, "They will look on me, the one they have pierced, and they will mourn...?" (Zechariah 12:10). Concerning the fountain that cleanses from sin and impurity (Zechariah 13:1), has that been fulfilled, or will it be future? Why will it please God so much when all the Jews finally believe in Jesus?

I can’t help but think that this has been an on-going event since the day Jesus was sacrificed. So often, it goes through my mind that it was actions such as I myself have either thought of, or carried out, and it really saddens me knowing Jesus took the penalty for me. I’m not implying that I was a big-time bad guy or anything like that, but even the small wrongs (according to how we, as people classify big/small wrongs) that do not glorify God is sin. True, I have never actually seen him in the sense as we know seeing, but in a kind of way I see how He has exposed me for what I am. I’m sure that in the final day the wicked will be exposed and there will be lots of crying at that time.

This second question so much brings to mind the Samaritan woman Jesus talked to (John chapter 4). When Jesus tells her in verses 13-14: 13"Everyone who drinks of this water will be thirsty again,14  but whoever drinks of the water that I will give him will never be thirsty again. The water that I will give him will become in him a spring of water welling up to eternal life." It simply strikes me as the cleansing having been made available the moment you trust Jesus to cleanse you from sin.

The Jews are God’s chosen people, and they profess to believe in the scriptures but if they don’t believe in Jesus then they don’t really believe in God’s word. Like most of the questions here, I’m not good enough with words to say what I really want to say and I apologize for that but I’m doing my best. Maybe it could be worded in a way such as how would you feel if you had a son and because of his qualifications you sent him to oversee something and he came home beat up, bloody & black and blue, or the telephone rings and you are informed that he was killed doing what you sent him to do….well, that would be comparable. According to the story of the prodigal son God will be very forgiving to them for their wrong choice of actions.

http://www.joyfulheart.com/forums/topic/1736-q4-messiah/

The prophecy will be fulfilled in God's own time. There is no way that we can influence this great event, we must only  pray, live our lives as wants us to and to be awake and ready for his return. Jesus did that tell us  "But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." Mark 13:32.

It seems quite clear that Zechariah12.10 refers to Jesus on the cross. We read inverse 10 off he who was pierced and she'll be mourned. As well the outpouring of the spirit with grace and mercy certainly sounds like the Holy Spirit. So it would seem that this refers to the time of Jesus death and after Pentecost. God will be pleased because he wrote through Saint Paul in Galatians 3:28 that " there is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is no male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus. " this is the unity for which  God is working.

Q4. (Zechariah 12-13)

Q. Paul was broken-hearted for his countrymen the Jews, who had rejected the Messiah. We should be too. When do you think the prophecy will be fulfilled that says, "They will look on me, the one they have pierced, and they will mourn...?" (Zechariah 12:10).

A.  I think it is as Wesley said in his commentary on this verse "This was fulfilled on Christ's exaltation, when he sent the Comforter to his disciples, it is daily performed to the children of God, and will be continually, 'till we are brought to be with Christ for ever..."

Q. Concerning the fountain that cleanses from sin and impurity (Zechariah 13:1), has that been fulfilled, or will it be future?

A. It has been fulfilled by the crucifixion of our Lord Jesus Christ and the shedding of His blood that washed (and still does) my sin and that of all that believe in Him.

Q Why will it please God so much when all the Jews finally believe in Jesus?

A. It is His pleasure that all will be saved ( ie none should be lost) thus He will be pleased to see every one come to believe in the Lord our Lord and my Lord Jesus Christ

Q4. (Zechariah 12-13) Paul was broken-hearted for his countrymen the Jews, who had rejected the Messiah. We should be too. When do you think the prophecy will be fulfilled that says, "They will look on me, the one they have pierced, and they will mourn...?" (Zechariah 12:10). Concerning the fountain that cleanses from sin and impurity (Zechariah 13:1), has that been fulfilled, or will it be future? Why will it please God so much when all the Jews finally believe in Jesus?

1. It has been already in John 19:36-37. It will be again during the end times of this world when Jesus comes back.

2. It has been fulfilled. It is also in these days when a person repents to God, they can be washed from their sins.

3. "A partial hardening has come upon Israel, until the fullness of the Gentiles has come in. And in this way all Israel will be saved" (Romans 11:25b-26a)

Paul was broken-hearted for his countrymen the Jews, who had rejected the Messiah. We should be too. When do you think the prophecy will be fulfilled that says, “They will look on me, the one they have pierced, and they will mourn…?” (Zechariah 12:10). Concerning the fountain that cleanses from sin and impurity (Zechariah 13:1), has that been fulfilled, or will it be future? Why will it please God so much when all the Jews finally believe in Jesus?

Rev.1:7Behold, He is coming with the clouds, and every eye will see Him, even they who pierced Him. And all the tribes of the earth will mourn because of Him. Even so, Amen.  I believe this prophecy will be fulfilled at Jesus' second return right after the Tribulation, no longer as the Lamb of God who was pierced for our iniquities offering salvation but as King of Kings to establish His kingdom on earth and then the Judgement Day! 

Jesus is the fountain that cleanses us from all sin and impurity. All who come and drink from Him will be cleansed. This was fulfilled on the cross after He was glorified. He took all our sins and our infirmities on Himself that we may be cleansed and made new. All who drank of the fountain (who received Him) would receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

God longs for His chosen people to come back to Him. God made a covenant with Israel in which He would use them to accomplish His master plan in redeeming all humanity.  He longs for Israel to be saved as well. I believe that God wants all to be saved but throughout history Jesus was hidden to the Jews. He has now been revealed as the Christ, the Son of God, and desires for all jews'  eyes to be open to the Truth: That Jesus is the long awaited Messiah.

• 4 weeks later...

Here I am finally at the end of Zechariah and yes some of it is hard to follow but it has many gems and I will never forget this time studying Zechariah. Thank You Lord for Your faithfulness!

The Jews, at end times, will mourn over first rejecting Christ.

The fountain of living water is also of end times and the formation of a New Earth and New Heaven. 

O it has been so long and there have been so many times many His people forsook Him. But, God is faithful and does not change. He continues to love His people, each one of them. When all the Jews finally return to Him and believe Jesus, after all that's happened, wow, what a day! We can all truly celebrate as One; renewed and completed in Him.

On 8/15/2017 at 5:34 PM, Pastor Ralph said:

I think the prophecy that says, “They will look on me, the one they have pierced, and they will mourn” was fulfilled when Jesus was on the cross. Concerning the fountain that cleanses from sin and impurity (Zechariah 13:1), this has also been fulfilled when the blood flowed from our Redeemer for the cleansing of our sins.  It will please God so much when all the Jews finally believe in Jesus because He has always called them His children.  Every father want to know that his children is safe with him, our God want His children to live with Him in eternity.

• 2 weeks later...

"A partial hardening has come upon Israel, until the fullness of the Gentiles has come in. And in this way all Israel will be saved"[149] (Romans 11:25b-26a)

"Whoever drinks the water I give him will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give him will become in him a spring of water welling up to eternal life." (John 4:14)

"This third I will bring into the fire;
I will refine them like silver and test them like gold.
They will call on my name and I will answer them;
 I will say, 'They are my people,'
and they will say, 'The LORD is our God.'" (Zechariah 13:9)

Paul was broken-hearted for his countrymen the Jews, who had rejected the Messiah. We should be too. When do you think the prophecy will be fulfilled that says, "They will look on me, the one they have pierced, and they will mourn...?" In the end times when repentance and cleansing will come. When God will have poured out on the house of David and the inhabitants of Jerusalem a spirit of grace and supplication.

(Zechariah 12:10). Concerning the fountain that cleanses from sin and impurity (Zechariah 13:1), has that been fulfilled, or will it be future? This will be in future.

Why will it please God so much when all the Jews finally believe in Jesus? Because they will call on his name after repenting of their sins. They will recognize his might.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

John 19v36, 37. Tells us that scripture was being fulfilled at the cross when “ They will look on the one they have pierced”.But later on in Revelation when the Lord returns we are told in Rev1v7 “Look, He is coming with the clouds and every eye will see Him; and even those who pierced Him; and all the people of the earth will mourn because oh Him. So shall it be! Amen” so it I’d something we will all witness in the future and we are all counted among “ those who pierced Him”. 
Every time a sinner repents they are washed and made clean so this is something that is happening on an ongoing basis but here Zechariah is talking about the kingdom of Israel , God’s chosen people who keep rejecting Him and continue with their false prophets and idols despite all the pleading of the prophets. But a time will come when the Jews will repent and will once again be drawn together and will be cleansed.

God loves His chosen people and He longs for them to return to Him. In the tribulation in the last days they will be refined and return to God.