JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q3. Christ Died for Your Sins

Q3. (3:18a) Meditate for a few minutes on this verse: "For Christ died for sins once for all, the righteous for the unrighteous, to bring you to God." Now personalize it to imagine (1) your sins, (2) your unrighteousness, and (3) your reconciliation with God. Each of these ideas is awesome! Which of these three aspects of the verse has God impressed most strongly on you today? Select one of the three and share it.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To bring me to God, to be reconciled, to have access to Our Father, to be purified from sin, and have peace with God, this is awesome, and I do admit I do not feel worthy of it, but this is what Our Father wants and why He sent Christ to suffer and die for us, in order that we can be in His presence.

Q3. (3:18a) Meditate for a few minutes on this verse: "For Christ died for sins once for all, the righteous for the unrighteous, to bring you to God." Now personalize it to imagine (1) your sins, (2) your unrighteousness, and (3) your reconciliation with God. Each of these ideas is awesome! Which of these three aspects of the verse has God impressed most strongly on you today? Select one of the three and share it.

1Peter 3:18 reminds me of the passage in John 16:8 that the Holy Spirit will convict or reprove the world of sin, unrighteousness and judgment. First, He certainly does convict me of my sin as He guides me in the ways of truth. He convinces me of righteousness because I am able to see the righteousness of God and how I need Him to cleanse me from unrighteousness. But the third aspect is what He has impressed on me most strongly today. So forceful has the sense of my own unworthiness been upon me but as I look up I sense His tender approval and His love is poured over me. I who am so prone to wander, so self-willed and proud can look up and say Father and feel so utterly received. The god of this world is judged, my sins have been washed away. I have been clothed in the righteousness of God. I have been lifted out of the dung-hill and made to sit among the princes of His people. This is too much for me. How can we not bow down and worship this King?

All 3 of these are definitely awesome and hard to comprehend. But the one that God has impressed most strongly on me would be that He sent his only Son to die on the cross because of my sin, and if I had been the only sinner He would have still gone to the cross

I had just read this from a friend, then got this question. Oh the joy, that He looked beyond MY faults and saw MY needs!!!

"Still He Walked"

(By Carrie McCutcheon)

He could hear the crowds screaming "crucify," "crucify". . .

He could hear the hatred in their voices,

These were His chosen people. He loved them,

And they were going to crucify Him.

He was beaten, bleeding and weakened . . . His heart was broken,

But still He walked.

He could see the crowd as He came from the palace.

He knew each of the faces so well. He had created them.

He knew every smile, laugh, and shed tear,

But now they were contorted with rage and anger . . . His heart broke,

But still He walked.

His disciples had left, denied, and even betrayed Him.

He searched the crowd for a loving face and He saw very few.

Then He turned His eyes to the only One that mattered

And He knew that He would never be alone.

He looked back at the crowd,

At the people who were spitting at Him,

Throwing rocks at Him and mocking Him, and He knew

That because of Him, they would never be alone.

So for them, He walked.

The sounds of the hammer striking the spikes echoed through the crowd.

The sounds of His cries echoed even louder,

The cheers of the crowd, as His hands and feet

Were nailed to the cross, intensified with each blow.

Loudest of all was the still small voice

Inside His heart that whispered "I am with You, My Son",

And God's heart broke.

He had let His Son walk.

Jesus could have asked God to end His suffering,

But instead He asked God to forgive;

Not to forgive Him,

But to forgive the ones who were persecuting Him.

As He hung on that cross, dying an unimaginable death,

He looked out and saw, not only the faces in the crowd,

But also, the face of every person yet to be,

And His heart filled with love.

As His body was dying, His heart was alive.

Alive with the limitless, unconditional love He feels for each of us.

That is why He walked.

When I forget how much my God loves me,

I remember His walk.

When I wonder if I can be forgiven,

I remember His walk.

When I need reminder of how to live like Christ,

I think of His walk.

And to show Him how much I love Him,

I wake up each morning, turn my eyes to Him,

And I walk.

How can I choose just one? They all fit together, climaxing in the third, the purpose of the first two--our (my) reconciliation with God! Without Jesus' sacrifice, I would be doomed to suffer spiritual death for my sins--with no posibility of being with God in Heaven! What a hell that would be! Jesus, the totally righteous One--the only totally pure one in all history and creation--took my sins and died in my stead--in order to set me free from these sins and spiritual death. His word says that the penalty for sin--even just ONE--is death! Because of His love, He came and suffered horror and death--as well as separation from the Father--possibly the worst for Him of all! Yet, He refused to stop this evil act because of love. For me! For each of us who has ever sinned--all of us! If that doesn't throw us to our knees in praise and thanksgiving, I don't know what could! :o

I am still at the point in my walk that sin still sometimes gains a foothold and takes dominion for a time. As hard as I try, I still get angry in traffic, or lose patience with my wife, or have inappropriate thoughts about others. So what presses upon me the most is my unrighteousness. With the help of the Holy Spirit and by trying to pattern myself after Christ I am taking little steps forward. Thank you Jesus!

I see this scripture as being nothing but the love of God. Jesus was willing, He knew no sin, I messed up and He paid the price for me. He did this once and for all to reconcile me to God.

I can't just select one because they all go together. We sinned against God, unrighteous and needed to be reconciled to God. We couldn't do it for ourselves, the Law couldn't do it, only the perfect Lamb that knew no sin could do it. Jesus is the way the truth and the light.

Aren't we blessed to have God love us the way he does?

I am very grateful and thankful and give Him all the praise.

HE IS WORTHY!!!!!

I HAVE BEEN MEDITATING FOR QUITE SOME TIME

ASKING GOD FOR INSPIRATION A CLEAR THOUGHT

AS YOU INDICATED DR. WILSON.

I DID NOT KNOW GOD NOR DID I WANT IT TO KNOW

HIM OR CHRIST JESUS.

I LIVED IN THE WORLD A SINFUL LIFE, WENT FROM

ONE SMALL CRIME TO ANOTHER LITTLE BIGER CRIME

AND SO ON.

I OFFENDED MANY AND TODAY I AM GRATEFUL I DID

NOT GET WHAT I DESERVED.

GOD KNEW MY SINS, GOD KNEW MY LIFE AND ONE

DAY HE STOPPED ME IN MY TRACKS AND BROUGHT ME

HOME (TEMPORARY HOME).

EVERY SIN THAT WAS COMMITED BY ME IT WAS NECESSARY

EVERY HUMILIATION WAS NECESSARY FOR ME TO COME

TO A PLACE OF COMPLETE SURRENDER.

SEE I HAVE THIS BIG PROBLEM, I HAVE A SELECTIVE

MEMORY AND ONLY REMEMBER THE GOOD TIMES AND

REFUSE TO REMEMBER THE PAIN, THE HUMILIATION AND

THE LOST OF DIGNITY.

ONLY ONE CAN HELP ME WITH MY PROBLEMS AND THAT

ONE IS GOD. HE LOVED ME EVEN WHEN I DID NOT WANT

HIM TO LOVE ME AND THEN JESUS CHRIST CAME INTO MY

LIFE AND TRANSFORMED ME.

THANK YOU GOD, THANK YOU JESUS, THANK YOU JOSH MCDOWELL

HE SHOWED ME THIS PRAYER THAT OPEN A NEW DOOR

WHERE THE LIGHT OF THE SPIRIT ALWAYS SHINES AND

I AM SHARING IT WITH YOU NOW.

"LORD JESUS, I NEED YOU. THANK YOU FOR DYING ON THE CROSS

FOR ME. FORGIVE ME AND CLEANSE ME. RIGHT THIS MOMENT

I TRUST YOU AS SAVIOR AND LORD. MAKE ME THE TYPE OF PERSON

YOU CREATED ME TO BE. IN CHRIST'S NAME. AMEN.

WALKING IN THE PRESENCE OF GOD HAS BECOME THE MOST

AWESOME THING THAT COULD EVER HAPPEN TO ME

BECAUSE OF CHRIST JESUS DYING ON THE CROSS

I HAVE BEEN ADOPTED TO HIS FAMILY AND WILL SPEND

ETERNITY GLORIFYING HIM AND SINGING HIMNS WITH

ALL MY BROTHERS AND SISTERS.

IS THIS AWESOME? I KNOW IT IS.

MAY GOD RICHLY BLESS YOU.

The one God has impressed on me is that Jesus die for my sins. That Jesus would die

for me has always been an awesome wonderful act of love for me even though I didn't

deserve such an act of love. God remains me that he loves me so much that he let his

son Jesus die on the cross for me. Many times I need God to remind me of this because

there our times that I feel unworthy to be a Christian but when the Holy Spirit reminds

that Jesus loves me and my sins are really forgiven it lifts me up and I say Praise the

Lord for his act of love and my salvation. :D

MAY GOD BLESS YOU ALL

My strongest impression is how One so lowly and yet so Divine chose to take my sins and the sins of all humanity to the cross of Calvary, and suffer such a horrible and humiliating death so that I can be saved from my human pitfalls. Through his love and sacrifice I can now go to the Father and be forgiven for my sins. I have been reassured that in the Father I will find grace, forgiveness and eventually a Heavenly home with him. What more can I want. However, I have to do my part in achieving this and try to live a goodly and useful life here on my earthly home. What a wonderful Saviour I have! Amen.

:P To be reconciled to the almighty God, is something unimaginable to me, a mere human being. But Jesus made this possible for me (Col 1:20) by HIS great atoning sacrifice on the cross, which was pleasing[/B] to God. This process of reconcilaiation progressively involves all the three acts, forgiveness of my sins,once for all, making me righteous in the sight of God and recociliing me to GOD, all because of the love of mighty savior Jesu Christ

(3:18a) Meditate for a few minutes on this verse: "For Christ died for sins once for all, the righteous for the unrighteous, to bring you to God." Now personalize it to imagine (1) your sins, (2) your unrighteousness, and (3) your reconciliation with God. Each of these ideas is awesome! Which of these three aspects of the verse has God impressed most strongly on you today? Select one of the three and share it.

I just can't imagine Christ going voluntarily to the cross and suffering as He did in order to save me from my sins. It breaks my heart to think of how He was beaten almost beyond recognition, and still He kept silent. But, thank God, His final words "It is finished" and then, of course, His resurrection, gives all of us who accept Him as our Lord and Saviour that assurance that we do not have to pay this sin debt.

In spite of our unrighteousness, He loved us so much, and His love makes it possible for us to be reconciled with God.

There is no way we can repay Him for what Christ has done for us, but we should be so willing to share His Word with the lost so they, too, can have eternal life with Him.

Jesus Christ my Lord and Savior! YOU died an agonizing death for my sins. 'My sins are when and where I miss the mark.' I'm not happy with this ... but, I am a sinner by birth and by choice. My gratious Lord has forgiven my sins; wiped the slate clean; separated my from my sin as far as the East is from the West. Would that I recognize YOUR great love, LORD, and act accordingly. Praise YOU ; and BLESS YOU, LORD JESUS!

Bro. Al :rolleyes:

I feel unworhty of all the three aspects but Christ died for my sins, unrighteousness, and reconciled me with God the Father. From time to time, I still struggle with trials and temptations be it small or big that causes me to slip apart from God. But knowing that Christ has died for me once and for all has shown me a different perspective; giving me a living hope and strength to face any situations.

JUST KNOWING THAT HE DIED FOR ME ( EVEN IF I HAD BEEN THE ONLY SINNER) IS ENOUGH . I TRY TO STAY AWAY FROM SIN AND ALL THAT IS CONNECTED TO IT. I USE TO SMOKE AND DRINK BEER BUT SINCE CHRIST SAVED ME AND WASHED ME IN HIS BLOOD ,I NO LONGER DO THOSE THINGS. I AM A NEW CREATURE SAVED BY GRACE!! HALLELUJAH!!

JUST KNOWING THAT HE DIED FOR ME ( EVEN IF IT HAD BEEN ONLY ME) IS ENOUGH. I TRY TO STAY AWAY FROM SIN AND ALL THAT IS CONNECTED TO IT.. I USE TO SMOKE AND DRINK BEER, BUT WHEN HE SAVED ME HE TOOK THE OLD DESIRES AND REPLACED THEM WITH A HUNGER FOR HIS WORD. HE HAS SHOWN UP AND SHOWN OUT EVERY TIME I HAVE ASKED . PRAISE HIS HOLY NAME!!!

My sins. My heart aches over my sins. Knowing that all my sins have been forgiven is a comfort, but knowing when I get up in the morning that I will sin some time during the day is a depressing thought. Jesus, out of His love for me died for my sins and yet out my weakness I continue to sin - the righteous for the unrighteous. He is so awesome!

I realize that I am a sinner and unrighteousness, but that He would reconcile me to himself is beyond comprehension. I could have left me in my sins and unrighteousness but He didn't. Because of His great love, a love beyond all comprehension, He reconciled me and that is a demonstration of His love. He has restored me unto Himself. What a miracle!

#3. That God loves me despite my filthiness. That He wants me to know His love even though I don't deserve it. That He has made it possible for me to enjoy an intimate and loving relationship with Him. To experience His love, to know Him is to desire to do His will thus fulfilling His two greatest commandments. I am beginning to know Him and just the bit that I do is overwhelming, I can't imagine what it's like being mature in Christ. I look forward to it!

Reconciliation:

For as long as I can remember I have suffered physically, emotionally, and mentally. I had always prayed, cried, prayed, cried, etc. and no release ever came. The illnesses just kept piling on one after another. The pain kept getting worse till as of this day I live with all this 24 hours a day. At one point I just gave up because I felt my prayers were not being heard. I even got to where I asked God to just let me die because I could not tkae the suffering any longer. Then one day I was near death and I thanked God for answering my prayer but what he did was not what I wanted and welcomed but brought me from death's door. I begun to realize that even though I am suffering, I am here for a reason. So, I prayed to God to forgive me and gave my life back to him. I still suffer greatly but I no longer wish for death so much anymore. I know now and believe in my heart that I am here for a reason and I am still trying to figure out what is the reason. I know tht when God feels that I am ready to know, he will reveal it to me.