JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q1. Living Water

• 2 months later...

Jesus extended an invitation to all who are thirsty to come to the free waters of life. To whoever drinks of the water that I will give him, Jesus promises a free flowing stream of these waters that originate as an unfailing spring welling up to eternal life [John 4:14]. This river of life will flow from within to pour out from us. This river of living water is identified as the gift of the Spirit who is given to everyone who comes to Jesus.

Though I seem to allow obstacles that hinder or dam up this free flow at times, I know without any doubt that I received the gift of living water when I chose to come to Christ to satisfy the thirst of my soul.

Thank you, Pastor Ralph, for reminding me of that great chorus.  Brings back memories of youth camp!

Jesus invites anyone who is thirsty or all who are thirsty. Sooner or later, we are all going to be thirsty for only the living water that can satisfy. Jesus promises to those who believe in him that they will have a stream of living water flowing within them. In looking at my own life, I can see this living water flowing. Sometimes it flows with a force like there's so much water that it is frothing and spilling over in abundance. I am reminded of a hike my family took up to see a waterfall. The snow pack had been significant that year and it was early in the summer season. The trail was wet and in many cases non-existent because the water was flowing down in such great abundance. Love the visual of this as what's happening within a person who believes in Jesus. 

IMG_9495.jpg

Q1. (John 7:37-39) In Jesus' teaching on streams of living water from within, whom does he invite to drink? What does he promise to believers? To what degree has a spring of living water been fulfilled in your life?

He invites anyone who is thirsty to come to Him. Sinners and ones who have strayed away; He invites all to come and drink. He promises that streams of living water will flow from us. 

As for me, my life is not what it should be. I am rather dry right now spiritually. I know Him and believe in Him but I do not spend the time with Him to drink deeply and impact those around me. 

On 7/23/2018 at 1:14 PM, Pastor Ralph said:

Q1. (John 7:37-39) In Jesus’ teaching on streams of living water from within, whom does he invite to drink? What does he promise to believers? To what degree has a spring of living water been fulfilled in your life?

a. Jesus invites all who thirst, those hungry for more, those who think they can do it on their own He says, Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

b.  His promise to believers was that after he died, buried, rose again, resurrected and went to be with the Father, He would send to us, His Holy Spirit to take His place and be in us and that out of our belly shall flow rivers of living water.  Love that song  also .  When needing encouragement, that is the song to sing. There's a river of life flowing out from me.....

c. I do notice that when I spend time with the Lord the river does flow freely. I sense His Presence, His joy, a Word from Him comes, His love for me and it  flows freely to others, others notice the joy coming from me, He helps, provides, protects and surprises me and on and on, you can't out-give God!  He totally satisfies!

In Jesus' teaching on streams of living water from within, whom does He invite to drink?

He invite all that are willing and receive:

• "If anyone is thirsty, let him come to me and drink. Whoever believes in me, as the Scripture has said, streams of living water will flow from within him.' By this he meant the Spirit... " (John 7:37-39a)
  • "Come, all you who are thirsty, come to the waters...." (Isaiah 55:1a)
  • "Whoever believes in me, as the Scripture has said, streams of living water will flow from within him.' 39 By this He meant the Spirit...." (John 7:38-39a)
  • "Whoever drinks the water I give him will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give him will become in him a spring of water welling up to eternal life." (John 4:14)

What does He promise to believers?

The Holy Spirit

John 7:39 - But this He spoke concerning the Spirit, whom those believing in Him would receive; for the Holy Spirit was not yet given, because Jesus was not yet glorified. (NKJV)

To what degree has a spring of living water been fulfilled in your life?

Hmm, how can I say and/or explain, sometimes I fail Him, sometimes I do not feel unworthy; nonetheless I’m more than GRATEFUL He’s yet merciful!

He quenches my thirst as I adhere/yield unto Him! He quenches my thirst as I live a transforming life.

I suppose I could say the Work and Person of the Spirit, (i.e. redeeming, renewing, quickening, guiding/directing, teaching, revealing, reminding, empowering, anointing, sanctifying, etc.…), is evident in my life as a SURRENDER my will and align to His.

(John 7:37-39) In Jesus’ teaching on streams of living water from within, whom does he invite to drink?

Jesus invites anyone that is thirsty.

What does he promise to believers?

He promises that whomever believes in Him, streams of living water will flow from within.  In other words, the Holy Spirit.

The living water has been fulfilled in my life more than ever before.  I find myself professing His name more in my daily walk.  I am not ashamed to say thank you Jesus in the mist of a crowd.  I am continually talking to family and friends that are not saved about the goodness of the Lord.

Jesus invites all people to drink, that is all who want to have living water. Jesus is the source of living water, those who drink of it will never thirst. Jesus satisfies and is our all in all, He is all we need for everything in our life.

I drink of the living water and do realize I need more to bring glory and honor to Christ.

On 7/23/2018 at 1:14 PM, Pastor Ralph said:

Q1. (John 7:37-39) In Jesus’ teaching on streams of living water from within, whom does he invite to drink? What does he promise to believers? To what degree has a spring of living water been fulfilled in your life?

Jesus invite's everyone and anyone to drink.

Streams of living water will flow, they will never thirst again.

It has opened my eyes really seeJesus, to come to understand his Word, to see the living waters.

Q1. (John 7:37-39) In Jesus' teaching on streams of living water from within, whom does he invite to drink?
Everyone

streams of living water will flow from within him.'

75% still learning and trying to understand

Q1. (John 7:37-39) In Jesus' teaching on streams of living water from within, whom does he invite to drink? What does he promise to believers? To what degree has a spring of living water

been fulfilled in your life?

At the moment He spoke, He was talking to everybody who was in the temple and His promise to those who believed on Him was the Holy Spirit and to those who received this gift, inherit eternal life. Jesus said that the Spirit would fill them like a well-spring and flow out of them so that others too, might live.

I have to admit guilt concerning the second question. Although I have testified about Jesus to others, I need to approach even more. Living in a land where I can speak freely to others about Jesus and not doing it at every possible opportunity is in-excusable.

Q1. (John 7:37-39) 
In Jesus' teaching on streams of living water from within, whom does He invite to drink? 
What does He promise to believers? 

Jesus gives an open invitation to all to gain the waters of life, meaning that by accepting, He promises to satisfy the thirsts of the soul. To quench this thirst, the Holy Spirit is given to everyone who truly believes in Jesus. On our own we have absolutely nothing we can bring before God except our sins and despair. Jesus will come and abide in us and fill those empty places in our lives – we will become a new creature/creation in Christ (2 Cor 5:17), as we open our hearts to the ministering of the Holy Spirit. I praise the Lord every day for coming into my life and I cannot imagine a single day without Him! With the help of the Holy Spirit I’m aware of my spiritual growth which could not be achieved on my own. 

Q1. (John 7:37-39) In Jesus' teaching on streams of living water from within, whom does he invite to drink? What does he promise to believers? To what degree has a spring of living water been fulfilled in your life?

1. Jesus' proclamation is a promise to those who accept his invitation to drink of him, those who believe him and follow him. To sinners and those who are dry and thirsty.  

2. The Spirit will be given after his "glorification," which refers to Jesus' crucifixion for sins, resurrection from the dead, and return to his place of glory with the Father. He promises a spring of living water.

I have been filled with the spring of water which is the Holy Spirit. It flows from within and reaches others to help them.

Q1. (John 7:37-39) In Jesus' teaching on streams of living water from within, whom does he invite to drink? What does he promise to believers? To what degree has a spring of living water been fulfilled in your life?

Anyone who believes in Him to drink of the Living Water. He promises the Holy Spirit within us. It has been completely fulfilled by God. First by the baptism of the Holy Spirit and then the filling of the Holy Spirit over and over again. The spring  has welled up in me and caused me to be full of joy and peace in times of trouble. 

All sinners, all who need to be in fellowship with Him,to learn about the Father and to seek a new life with Him.

Believers will receive the Holy Spirit and will have eternal life.

I strive each day  for the spring of living water in my life.  I do hope that it comes before it is too late.

Q1. (John 7:37-39) In Jesus' teaching on streams of living water from within, whom does he invite to drink?

The greatest party ever given was now opened to all.  Anyone and everyone has been given a cup to dip into the 'Well of LIFE'. Only requirement is to be thirsty for righteousness, a 'Righteousness' that can only come from the LORD.  

When we have had enough to drink and are satisfied we find the Holy Spirit opening our eyes and hearts to others who are thirsty and to others that never tasted this precious water, that never heard of the Holy Spirit and that overflowing Joy that He pours into our spirit. We become a 'Well for the Lord 'where others can come and get refreshed as the Holy Spirit pours through us to them.  

To what degree has a spring of living water been fulfilled in your life?

At the end of every day i take account of the living water that has poured through me; it totally reflects in proportion to the amount of time i spend in prayer , in reading the Word and my time alone with the LORD.   When all three are in  conjunction with each other my day is very rich indeed. Sadly life gets in the way and those days are not as plenty as they once were.    *( this precious study has supercharged me again and the water is flowing steadily once again. Thank you )

"'If anyone is thirsty, let him come to me and drink. Whoever believes in me, as the Scripture has said, streams of living water will flow from within him.                                                                                                By this he meant the Spirit, whom those who believed in him were later to receive. Up to that time the Spirit had not been given, since Jesus had not yet been glorified." (John 7:37-:39)

Jesus invites all who are thirsty to drink.  Living water is another name for the Spirit that Jesus tries to teach his disciples.  Living water must flow throughout each person;  if it does, they are receiving the Holy Spirit.  They are a source of comfort to others;l  they share the Spirit with those who do not believe.   If we drink of the living water we will receive the blessing of God the Father.

I was born again at a church service and found the living water flowing through me almost instantaneously.  It was the beginning of a new life for me.  The Holy Spirit flowed through me and I was born anew.  An earth-shaking experience.

Q 1. (John 7:37-39) In Jesus’ teaching on streams of living water from within whom does he invite to drink?  What does he promise to believers? To what degree has a spring of living water been fulfilled in your life?     

1.      Jesus invites anyone who is thirsty to come and drink, with the stipulation they believe in Him. This invitation was extended to Israel on the             last day of the Feast  of Tabernacles. The outpouring water was symbolic of the Holy Spirit after Christ’s death, resurrection and ascension.   

2.      To those that who believe, He promise, “From His innermost being will flow rivers of living water”

3.      First and far most, salvation and eternal life. I am filled with the Holy Spirit and it over flows in my teaching and ministering to other. Thank                you for ministering to my spirit from the word of God.

ANSWER TO QUESTION 1 LESSON 4

A1. a In Jesus' teaching on streams of living water from within, whom does he invite to drink?  

Jesus invites anyone who was thirsty.

A1. b What does he promise to believers?

Jesus promises believers that streams of living water would flow from within the   

believer. Jesus bolsters his promise by referring his audience to Scripture which in                                     

this case was (Isaiah 58:11)

A1. c To what degree has a spring of living water been fulfilled in your life?

Having been born to parents who were believers, I grew up taking a lot of things for granted. The praying and commitment my parents had was   just one of those things to me .

Much later in life I began to experience that I cannot survive on borrowed belief and took a personal commitment to be a believer of Christ and to read the scripture and partake in sessions such as these in order to be nurtured spiritually. I also take part in committees for bringing more men to the Lord. I have  been strengthened by the Bible Study Course I have taken part in.

4. Born of the Holy Spirit

Rivers of Living Water from Within (John 7:37-39)

Q1. (John 7:37-39) In Jesus' teaching on streams of living water from within, whom does he invite to drink?  Anyone.

Scripture: "'If anyone is thirsty, let him come to me and drink. Whoever believes in me, as the Scripture has said, streams of living water will flow from within him.' By this he meant the Spirit... " (John 7:37-39a)

ANS. Q 1: Anyone who is thirsty for Jesus and anyone who believes and follow him.

1. Invitation. "If anyone is thirsty, let him come to me and drink"
(John 7:37).

Jesus' words constitute both an invitation and a promise.

a) What does he promise to believers? The Holy Spirit indwelling.

ANS. Q 1: Whoever believes in me, as the Scripture has said, streams of living water will flow from within him.'

2. Promise. The second part of Jesus' proclamation is a promise to those who accept his invitation to drink of him, those who believe him and follow him:

" 38 Whoever believes in me, as the Scripture has said, streams[59] 
of living water will flow[60] from within him.' 39 By this he meant the Spirit...." (John 7:38-39a)

The promise is made to "whoever believes in me," literally, "the one believing in me." 

b) To what degree has a spring of living water been fulfilled in  your life? To the fullest.

ANS. Q 1: Jesus teaches that the Holy Spirit will be within us bringing forth eternal life -- bubbling up like an eternal spring forever and ever!

On ‎7‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 7:14 PM, Pastor Ralph said:

Q1. (John 7:37-39) In Jesus’ teaching on streams of living water from within, whom does he invite to drink?

-  If anyone is thirsty, let im come to me and drink.

- Jesus is our resource of water to give us life. 

- Jesus teaches us About the Holy Spirit within us and bring forth eternal life.

• 2 weeks later...

In this scripture Jesus is inviting anyone who is lost in sin and want to be free to live a life of peace and happiness and joy in the Lord. He promises to each believer the gift of the Holy Spirit which Is the river of living waters.  When we accept Christ into our lives we are to live our lives according to his purpose.  We are to spread the news of his saving grace to others who are lost.  The living waters, the Holy Spirit, gives us peace and joy and instructions on how to fulfill God's purpose in our lives.  God's purpose in our lives is to love worship and serve Him by loving one another and keeping His commandments.  

Q1. (John 7:37-39) In Jesus’ teaching on streams of living water from within, whom does he invite to drink? What does he promise to believers? To what degree has a spring of living water been fulfilled in your life?

Jesus invites all people in the land ,all who are thirsty ,wear ,burdened ,ready ,as it is a Free Gift .""Believe in Me """'Come to Me ""and receive the  Holy Spirit that flows from Him to the believer and from them to others.

The Promise is for those who accepted the invitation by Free Will and the power in them to enable the flow of the Holy Spirit  is to be quenched  (satisfied ,rested ,filled )  and thereafter  enable its flow to others .

In the discourse with the woman at the well .Jesus said ,the water flowing from Jesus Christ is a spring of water welling up to eternal life .

It flows out to make more followers .It is  assured in the Good Hope and promise of eternal life and spiritual living i our earthly life.

To what degree has a spring of living water been fulfilled in your life?

I am still in the making of spiritual perfection,I fail a lot ,but my Heart and Hope is in the Lord ,My Savior and Master Jesus Christ . My  endeavors  to make peace with others and encourage them in life ,to be stable in my family and social life as a messenger of Christ .,in the midst of many hurdles and deadlines .May He be praised that I am still standing and ready to run and finish the race ,

• 2 weeks later...

Q1. (John 7:37-39) In Jesus' teaching on streams of living water from within, whom does he invite to drink? What does he promise to believers? To what degree has a spring of living water been fulfilled in your life?

Jesus invites anyone who is thirsty, to come to him and drink.

The promise is that from within the believer, will flow "rivers/streams of living water. Jesus teaches that the Holy Spirit will be within us bringing forth eternal life -- bubbling up like an eternal spring forever and ever! 

Though I have not reached the place I need to be, yet ever since Jesus has come into my life, his life through me provide shade and quench the thirst of many people around me who dwell in a dry place.