JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q2. Mind of Christ

• 2 months later...

I like Pastor Ralph’s example of the access we each have only to our own computer files until we connect to the internet, where we can search files anywhere in the world. The Holy Spirit blows our access to the Father wide open! He is the connection that establishes a personal, reciprocal link between me and God. Jesus wants to reveal the mind and heart of God to me, and that happens as the Spirit serves as a conduit. He searches and understands the thoughts of God, and He searches and understands my thoughts. Then He facilitates communication between us, maybe similar to an interpreter who speaks 2 languages. It is really more than I can comprehend that I have access to the mind of Christ to know His truth and wisdom and thoughts – and specifics for my life. The Spirit enables me to understand spiritual truths and discern all the wonderful things given to me by God. And He never disconnects or goes offline!

The Spirit’s activity in gifting believers with specific spiritual gifts is done through this direct connection. He gives to each individual as He wills. And 1 Corinthians 12:4-7 says that there are varieties of gifts and service, but “it is the same God who empowers them all in everyone” [ESV]. So this connection to the mind of Christ is important, as the triune Godhead works in unity to bestow, empower, and direct the use of these gifts. The Spirit comprehends the thoughts of God and translates them to us, specifically in this situation to lead us in discovering and rightly operating in our unique spiritual gifts “for the common good”.

(1 Corinthians 2:10-16) What are the implications of having access through the Spirit to the “mind of Christ”?

The Holy Spirit connects the human spirit to God to enable a mere human to have a deep relationship with God himself.  God knows your thoughts and you can know his thoughts.  

How does this Holy Spirit connection explain spiritual gifts such as prophecy, teaching, healing, etc.?

The Holy Spirit connection tells us about the wonderful free gifts.  

What are the implications of having access through the Spirit to the "mind of Christ"?

The implications, that is for me, just as Job and his friends knew of the thoughts of God it wasn’t until God brought to illumination His thoughts in His perfect timing (Job 42:5).  As I submit to the Spirit’s leading I have the greatest opportunity to appertain that which the Apostle Paul prayed: “Ephesians 1:17  …..  “gives me a spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of Him”. Wherein I can know His thoughts by means His Spirit; more importantly as I adhere to His Will I move in His Will.

Philippians 2:5 - Let this same attitude and purpose and [humble] mind be in you which was in Christ Jesus: [Let Him be your example in humility:]

(John 5:19, 30; John 8:28 -  So Jesus added, When you have lifted up the Son of Man [on the cross], you will realize (know, understand) that I am He [for Whom you look] and that I do nothing of Myself (of My own accord or on My own authority), but I say [exactly] what My Father has taught Me.)

Therefore, as He leads my hopes are to follow according to His leading intimately.

How does this Holy Spirit connection explain spiritual gifts such as prophecy, teaching, healing, etc.?

Having the mind of Christ means affords me the best opportunity to understand God’s plan as he purpose in me in service unto Him; it affords me the best opportunity walk in the likeness of the Beatitudes in addition to share His desire that none should parish via the perspective of Christ perspective of humility and obedience, compassion, and prayerful dependence on God. Thereby when I speak (prophecy), when I teach (rightly divide His Word), and extend the hand/heart of compassion (healing) I do so in the Will of God and not in a carnal and/or sin natured manner.

As for me having the mind of Christ begin with surrender; promoting and/or ending with intimacy, intimate relationship. Within this connecting whatever the gifting that God desires of me (prophecy, teaching, healing, etc.…) as I live move and have my being, I love like Christ, my motives mirrors Christ’s motives. I extend mercy, grace, love, and guidance like Christ; ministering as He would have me to do so in the seasons, as needed in that season! 

Q2. (1 Corinthians 2:10-16) 
What are the implications of having access through the Spirit to the "mind of Christ"? 

Learning about God and conforming to the image of Jesus Christ are our highest ambitions, but we can only achieve this by learning and applying scriptural doctrines. To achieve these goals, the Holy Spirit has given us the mind of Christ. Now we have the capacity to think as He does and to see situations from His perspective. This incredible ability to align our thoughts with His is a gift that we receive from God at the moment of salvation.
The Holy Spirit’s indwelling presence makes clear the meaning of the Word - He opens our understanding to its true meaning and helping us to apply it in our lives. Remembering, that all Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness (2 Timothy 3:16). This deeper understanding explains the spirituals gifts such as prophecy, teaching, healing, and many others that are given so that they might be used to minister to the needs of the body of believers. These spiritual gifts are given for the purpose of building up Christ’ body, the church. 

This enables us to have a deep, personal relationship with our Father who knows everything about us.  He made us.. Our mental activity has to be like that of Christ.  We have to be  able to understand God’s plan in the world, provide salvation to sinners, to seek and save what is lost.  We have to share Jesus’ perspectives of humility, obedience, compassion and prayerful dependence on God.

The Holy Spirit connection allow us to know what is in God’s heart, what He desires us to do.

On 7/23/2018 at 1:21 PM, Pastor Ralph said:

Q2. (1 Corinthians 2:10-16) What are the implications of having access through the Spirit to the “mind of Christ”? How does this Holy Spirit connection explain spiritual gifts such as prophecy, teaching, healing, etc.?

The Spirit searches all things, even the deep things of God.

We all have a gift the Spirit gives us our gift some of healing some of ministry of prophecy, the Holy Spirit leads us.

Q2. (1 Corinthians 2:10-16) What are the implications of having access through the Spirit to the "mind of Christ"? How does this Holy Spirit connection explain spiritual gifts such as prophecy, teaching, healing, etc.?

1. The Holy Spirit connects the human spirit to God to enable a mere human to have a deep relationship with God himself! 

The Spirit deeply searches us and God, "even the deep things of God," and allows us to connect.

2. We do nothing of our own. We seek for an understanding and what the Holy Spirit wants us to do.

Q2. (1 Corinthians 2:10-16) What are the implications of having access through the Spirit to the "mind of Christ"? How does this Holy Spirit connection explain spiritual gifts such as prophecy, teaching, healing, etc.?

I believe that the implications are that we can know God more fully and intimately through the Spirit. We can come to know and understand what His will is and what His plan is for us. Through the Spirit, we can connect with God as a child to his father. We can talk to him about what is on our minds and we can hear what he says if we take the time to listen. We can know God on a deeper level than people who do not have the Spirit within them. We can read and understand His Word through the Spirit. Through the Spirit, we can know what God’s thoughts are like He knows our thoughts. Through the Spirit, we have access to all of God’s power and His knowledge.

Through the Spirit, we can obtain spiritual gifts that are given to us when we become Christians. And we can know and understand how to use them because of the Spirit within us teaching us about prophecy, teaching, healing and other gifts. Then we can begin to use our gifts within the church body and help others. Only when we let the Spirit have full control can we be used within the church. We must be willing to listen and obey what God tells us and what the Spirit impresses upon us or we will quench Him.

I found this while I was searching for the "Mind of Christ" a new idea for me

• A desire to bring glory to God.
  • A longing to provide salvation for sinners. Luke 19:10 says, “For the Son of Man came to seek and to save what was lost.”
  • A perspective on humility and obedience. ...
  • A compassionate heart.
  • Prayerful dependence on God. Luke 5:16 says, “But Jesus often withdrew to lonely places and prayed.”

Q2. (1 Corinthians 2:10-16) What are the implications of having access through the Spirit to the "mind of Christ"? How does this Holy Spirit connection explain spiritual gifts such as prophecy, teaching, healing, etc.?

Having access to the mind of Christ is the gateway to life itself. It is about Abba.

The fact that the Spirit searches the mind of God is interesting. I sometimes wonder what God might have been doing a million years ago (by what we, as humans define a year). I mean, you could go back a trillion times a trillion millenniums and even then, you could go much farther back than that (from that point) and God would have been doing something, somewhere. It breaks down to the mind of God being so complex that who could even begin to understand. Its easy to think in terms of going forward, but in the other direction is a mystery. It’s the same as being able to understand bigger and bigger and the complexities involved but smaller and smaller? I mean, like even DNA is such a complex thing but they have yet to discover what all it is made of.

God will let us know what we need to know however. God is very easy to talk to. Imagine how much time He spends just listening to us without people taking the time to hear what He has to say. People tell Him what they want or would like to see take place only to return to the world they live in never giving Him a second to answer. Access to the Spirit makes it so possible to listen to what God has to say concerning a subject placed before Him, but only if we take the time to listen. Just opening your spirit to the Spirit and you have someone you can converse with and hear the whole truth, nothing but the truth, straight from God.

Spiritual gifts? This one is interesting. Many claim these gifts ended with the apostolic times but if that were true why would Paul teach so intently on the subject. People claim that God does His healing work through educated doctors now, who have all this knowledge of anatomy, and associated subjects but it is by faith that things take place. Prophecy can be hearing a simple yes or no in reply to something asked of God, but it can also include an understandable reason, of course on must listen and not think they need to do all the talking. When I first came to know Christ, it was in a very Spirit-filled atmosphere but there was a sign on the wall with just two words that pretty much summed things up and they were “Let God”. Do you want to teach? You must be taught first. This is especially true if you want to teach the things in the Bible, because if the Spirit of God is not the one speaking through you, you will soon be looking at people who are fighting to keep their eyes open. There is a very big difference in the fruit produced when it comes to a teacher who simply studies out and writes a boring sermon as compared to one the Spirit of God speaks through.

On 7/23/2018 at 1:21 PM, Pastor Ralph said:

Q2. (1 Corinthians 2:10-16) What are the implications of having access through the Spirit to the “mind of Christ”? How does this Holy Spirit connection explain spiritual gifts such as prophecy, teaching, healing, etc.?

a.  When I received Christ into my life the Spirit bore witness to me that He came to live in me, that my body is the temple of the Holy Ghost, I am His child and He will never leave me or forsake me. Through His Spirit living in us, we have the mind of Christ. 1 Cor. 2:12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.

b.Without the Spirit of God we have no Spiritual Gifts. Hebrews 2:4  God also bearing them witness, both with signs and wonders, and with divers miracles, and gifts of the Holy Ghost, according to his own will?  I Cor. 12:4 There are different gifts, but the same Spirit.   I Cor. 14:1 Let love be your highest goal! But you should also desire the special abilities the Spirit gives--especially the ability to prophesy.

God gives us access through the Spirit by unveiling things and revealing things to us through the Spirit. Since the Spirit searches everything out and even sounding and measuring the profound and depths of God [the divine counsels and things far beyond human understanding]. Since no person can know the true intentions and thoughts of our Lord but the Spirit Himself. (2015 Lockman, Amplified Bible )

The connection between the Holy Spirit and those gifts is very simple when someone is filled with the Holy Spirit and the Spirit works through them those gifts shine through them by them allowing the Spirit to work through them and use their strengths and weaknesses to use their gift

QUESTION 2 LESSON 5

By having access through the Spirit to the “mind of Christ”, it means that the mind of Christ is can be revealed and shared with the human spirit. There is knowledge about the set up in Christs domain that is readily available and in a state which can be understood by the one connected to through the Spirit. This includes how Christ heals, how he can see the future and control the elements of the universe.

My analogy of the Holy Spirit connection is like having a big pipe connected to a dam. It is possible to draw the contents of the dam, fish, crabs, water to an inferior reservoir. The Dam is in this example is the “mind of Christ Mind and the Pipe is the Holy Spirit and the reservoir is my spirit. This means that the connection makes all of Christ’s powers and disposition at the disposal of an individual’s spirit making it possible for spiritual gifts to flow from Christ to the individual

Q2. ( 1 Corinthian 2:10-16) What are the implications of having access through the Spirit to the “mind of Christ”? How does this Holy Spirit connection explain spiritual gifts such as prophecy, teaching, healing, etc.?

1 The implications of having access though the Spirit to the “mind of Christ “is God knows my thoughts and I too can know His thought, by the Holy Spirit

2. The Holy Spirit connection (explain spiritual gift ) to us by  God's wisdom (and the things of God) is revealed to believers.

Q2. (1 Corinthians 2:10-16) What are the implications of having access through the Spirit to the “mind of Christ”?                   

As the Holy Spirit searches the mind of Christ as well as our own mind  THE implications and the possibilities are endless.  The more we find ourselves thinking and acting like Christ, then all the more that GOD will find us faithful and do so much more through us.  As this happens our JOY would be so overwhelming and humbling at the same time, literally we could all things 'through Christ that strengthens us', even more so because we have become a son of GOD through the Spirit.  Pleasing  'ABBA'  daily would become an addiction .   

As a son or daughter of GOD we have the authority to speak what the Holy Spirit tells us and also we are allowed to use the gifts to heal and bless those in need, esp when the Holy Spirit guides us to a specific person.

"10  God has revealed it to us by his Spirit. The Spirit searches all things, even the deep things of God. 11  For who among men knows the thoughts of a man except the man's spirit within him? In the same way no one knows the thoughts of God except the Spirit of God. 12  We have not received the spirit of the world but the Spirit who is from God, that we may understand what God has freely given us.... 16  'For who has known the mind of the Lord that he may instruct him?' [quoting Isaiah 40:3] But we have the mind[100] of Christ." (1 Corinthians 2:10-12, 16)

• 2 weeks later...

I feel that we are too caught up in trying to explain how to obtain spiritual gifts and the mind of Christ.  Let us put our thoughts on living the life that Christ is requiring of us in order to obtain eternal life.  If we live according to God's commandments, it will take the Holy Spirit and the mind of Christ to do just that!!!! It is impossible for man to live a life free of sin as Jesus did , so the Holy Spirit is given to us to help us and lead and guide us, to strengthen us, to shield us from the evil one who is seeking to destroy us.  If we live our lives according to the will of God, we will not have to wonder and ponder on spiritual gifts and how to obtain them for the Holy Spirit will direct us to them and in them.  It is not our decision on which gifts we receive, but God's decision on how best to give them and who receives them and what to do with them.  They are for his glory, used to draw men to salvation.." but seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness and all these things shall be added to you".  God is calling us to lead the world in righteousness and the fruits of the spirit: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control.  All of these Jesus lived while here on earth in the mist of sin and death.  He was tempted at every turn but never gave in. The Holy Spirit was upon him to help him in doing the will of the Father. When we are walking in the word and doing the will of God, he knows our hearts and will direct our path. To live our lives daily in these nine fruits of the spirit is as difficult for us as it was for Jesus but more so because we know sin.  This is why we need the Holy Spirit and the mind of Christ, not to know the mystery of God and the things of God but to be able to withstand the evil one who comes to destroy us and keep us from all things spiritual and God.  God gives those of us who are doing his will and walking in the word spiritual gifts to help us draw more souls to him.  We won't have to worry about when we get them or who gets them and what to do with them IF we get them. That is God's decision and the Holy Spirit will aid us in their use to glorify HIM!!!!  When we speak of having the mind of Christ,  we are speaking of knowing how to please God as he did and how to live holy and righteous among sin as he did.  It takes a strong faith and a strong mind to do this.  The mind of Christ who was perfect!!!!!!  The mind of Christ who always walked in love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, righteousness, gentleness, self-control.  I pray to live holy and righteous so that I may be used by God for his glory!

a.(1 Corinthians 2:10-16) What are the implications of having access through the Spirit to the “mind of Christ”?

Holy Spirit deeply searches us and bring access of our human spirit to the knowledge of God .Then we can know the thoughts of God and His Will for us.Holy SPirit help us in the ultimate  real time relationship with ABBA Father ,

Through the Spirit of Christ living in us and functioning in Spiritual realm ,gifts  are possible 

On ‎7‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 10:21 AM, Pastor Ralph said:

Q2 a. This is an amazing Gift! My mind is limited to what I've been taught and what I've learned by experience....Totally deficient in terms of living a holy life. He has spelled out His Mind in His Word which we are able to access at any time we read the Bible. He is able to speak into our lives at any moment with direction, warning, guidance, His love, prophetic guidance and implication, whatever He wills and we need or He wishes us to enact or for which to pray.  We are no longer limited by "school learning".  Likewise, when we are being attacked by the enemy, and since the battlefield is in the mind, we can take captive those thoughts which attempt to undermine, corrupt, plant doubt, and lead us astray, limited by our mere human "weapons." "For the weapons of our warfare are not physical (Human wisdom) but they are mighty before God for the overthrow and destruction of strongholds (in our thoughts). We refute each proud and lofty thing which sets itself up against the true knowledge of God and we lead every thought captive to the obedience of Christ." I'm so very grateful for this verse!

b. Each of those gifts are supernatural and require His mind...His wisdom and knowledge, in order to function. We can teach what we know but for  even that limited knowledge to impact the hearer, it has to be imparted by His Spirit

We have access to His foreknowledge when He chooses to reveal that to us. (He spoke to me one day while in an isolated place in my car miles away from any homes or people in a wilderness area, praying and writing in my journal. Oblivious to my surroundings, I heard  a warning voice in my spirit say "GO NOW". I put down my pen and journal, started the car and circled the parking area leading to the only way in or out...a narrow driveway. As I exited, I passed a car coming in, driven by a man. We were less than 2 feet apart and our eyes met. The hair on the back of my neck stood on end as I looked into the eyes of pure evil! With chills I said "Thank you Lord! I don't know what you just saved me from, but no one would have heard my cries for help! He could have blocked that narrow entrance with his car and I'd have been "toast".  God's foreknowledge and warning to me was a miracle of His love!

• 1 month later...

The implications of having access through the Spirit to the “mind of Christ” is just overwhelming. We can do anything that God has set our minds to do. We have the power of the universe in our hands. It is the Holy Spirit that gives us the spiritual gifts such as prophecy, teaching, and healing. If it wasn’t for the Spirit we wouldn’t have such gifts.

Q2. (1 Corinthians 2:10-16)

Q. What are the implications of having access through the Spirit to the "mind of Christ"?

A. The Spirit knows the mind of Christ and can search and know what Christ wants us to know and then reveals it to our own spirits.

Q. How does this Holy Spirit connection explain spiritual gifts such as prophecy, teaching, healing, etc.?

A. God gives spiritual gifts to His children through the Holy Spirit in them. Consequently, we are then able to use the gifts for edification of the church (members)

• 5 weeks later...
On 7/24/2018 at 1:21 AM, Pastor Ralph said:

It implies that when we listen well to the Spirit living within us, He can impress on our minds the things of God. This "mind of Christ" may include communicating to us the meaning of the words in the Bible, or an impression of what God is thinking or wants us to do, etc.

If the Holy Spirit can connect us to what God wants to say or do, it is no wonder that it is sometimes manifested as a word of prophecy to a person about what God wants him to do, or the gift of teaching to communicate what God desires of the church, or a prayer/declaration of healing to the one God wants to heal.

• 2 weeks later...

The Holy Spirit is our "internet connection" to the "world-wide web" of the Creator God.  Of course it isn't a "world"-wide web, it's a universe-wide, boundary-less, time and space-wide "web".  The Holy Spirit is our connection to all things, even the deep things of God (1 Cor. 2:10).  God's thoughts are accessible through the Spirit.  Actually, the spiritual thoughts of others are available through the Holy Spirit, since the Spirit searches all things.  

Unlike our usage of the world-wide web where we have control over what we discover and use, the Spirit of God has command over what gets revealed to us.  This is good because in our flesh we might take spiritual knowledge and use it for wrong purposes -- purposes other than bringing fame to God's name alone.

The Spirit will reveal God's thoughts to us so that we can see things as God sees them.  He will give us words of knowledge about circumstances, discernment about people and their character or motives, words of prophecy to communicate what is to come.  All of this is to protect us and guide us.  The fact that none of this comes from man's own thoughts is evidence that it is spiritual in nature.

Spiritual gifts are to build the kingdom by showing God's power to the unbelieving world (as in miracles, healing, prophecy) and to build up believers (faith, discernment, teaching).  These are all possible through the "internet connection" of the Holy Spirit which acts as the conduit for God's power as well as God's thoughts.

• 2 weeks later...

Our puny minds cannot fathom the rich thoughts of God towards us. It is the Holy Spirit who searches the deep things of God and reveals it to us. And it is through the Holy Spirit that we know of His will and plan for our lives, the things that are freely given to us. Since, it is the Holy Spirit who inspired men to write the scriptures, He is the author of the scriptures. What better person to turn to, to learn the scriptures other than the Holy Spirit.  It is when the Holy Spirit enlightens the scriptures that we understand them and through them we know the mind of Christ. For it is the Holy Spirit who gives us understanding of the Scriptures and helps us to apply the scriptures to our lives.  So not only does the Spirit tell us what to do, He also empowers us to do it. Holy Spirit is also the teacher who brings all things to remembrance. He reminds us of things that we have already put into the remember-er. So whether it be to read the scriptures, to remember it and apply it in our lives, to live a victorious life, etc. we need the Holy Spirit, our Paraclete, whereby we have access to the depths of His wisdom for our lives.

Because of this indwelling of His Spirit in our lives, God will use us as a conduit or a channel to bring about His purposes for the common good of His people. For that we need to be tuned in, to the outworking of the Holy Spirit in our lives. If we are closed up to His nudges or what He reveals, we block His flow through our lives. Spiritual gifts are supernatural gifts and they cannot be understood by the natural man. But a spiritual man becomes His mouthpiece, His hands, His legs, to do His will to the Body of Christ, whether it be prophecy, teaching, healing etc.