JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Day 3. Slain

Pastor Ralph

Day 3 Meditation (Revelation 5:6). How is the Lamb described in verse 6? What does that tell you about his ability to help you now, in your present circumstances? Considering the standing Lamb that was slain, how do the wounds you have experienced become your strengths?

• 2 weeks later...

The Lamb is described as a conquering, omnipotence and omniscience. He can always help me at any time and sometimes when I didn’t think I needed it He helps me. The wounds that I have experienced has made me more caucus and I think through and study the situation before I act.

Day 3 Meditation (Revelation 5:6).

Q. How is the Lamb described in verse 6?

A. The lamb looks as it has been slain,  standing at the center of the throne (not lying down),  has seven horns and seven eyes representing the seven Spirit of God.

Q. What does that tell you about his ability to help whateveryou now, in your present circumstances?

A. He, is abundantly able to heal and deliver me from any situation I may find myself because though slain, but now risen, He is all knowing, powerful and available for me in my times if need.

Q. Considering the standing Lamb that was slain, how do the wounds you have experienced become your strengths?

A. Just as the Lamb was slain, died, buried but rose and is now alive and powerful, so will I be delivered and healed by Him from whatever wounds I have now.

He is described as the God that I know and Who has been so in my life.  As I was reading yesterday's post, what struck me was that The Lamb was slain but is standing.  So, to read this post this morning, put a smile on my heart.  He "was" but "is"...Hallelujah to our Conquering Hero!  

How is the Lamb described in verse 6?

The Lamb was standing, as though it had been slain (conqueror), with seven horns (omnipotence) and with seven eyes (omniscience), which are the seven spirits (full power of the Holy Spirit) of God sent out into all the earth .

What does that tell you about his ability to help you now, in your present circumstances?

Jesus died to take our sins away, but He did not stay dead.  He raised from the dead, He is alive! The trials and tribulations that we are going thru, Jesus is here to help us.

Considering the standing Lamb that was slain, how do the wounds you have experienced become your strengths?

The wounds become my strength when I look to Jesus knowing that He is still standing.

The description of the lamb in ch5:6 becomes clear as how He is powerful and triuphant in the recognition of scene in ch4:5 and following verses of worship before the throne. He was in the midst of lightening, thunder and fire as slain but standing boldly. In the following verses of ch5:6, the lamb received the same worship that the elders and the 4 creatures performed before the One who sat in the throne. Thanks Jesus, we adore and revere you forever and ever!! you have made us kings and priest with you because of the love you have for us and the humility you showed on the cross tolerating the wound and carrying our sin. Meditating this everyday renews our souls and empowers us in out troubles. As Jesus promised that we have tribulation but as He overcome the world, slain but standing with might and seeing us with Holyspirit. What grand Promise and Holy gift this is. Let it prevail day by day, in the name of Jesus who shed his Holy blood for us, the meek. Amen.

Considering the standing Lamb that was slain, how do the Wounds you have experienced become your strengths?

As I SAT before the Lord in silence this morning, fully anticipating He would speak to me, He said to me "Give me your pain." Jesus standing tells me He's very interested in my pain I'm going through. He sees me, feels my pain, and is standing with me to encourage and strengthen me to persevere. Some wounds I've experienced Is the death of my 16-year old son in an accident in 1988, the death of my 46-year old son With heart cancer  in 2016, and the failing health of my husband after cancer ravaged his body 2016-present, and the separation of my children and grandchildren from our lives as a result of all this pain. I Gave Him all my pain this morning, one by one, as I cried my heart out to Him. I sensed His presence anew, and His heartfelt Grace and mercy as He imparted to me promises to dry my tears and give me new hope and strength again. Worthy is the Lamb! Praise, honor, and glory to Him forever!

On 5/15/2020 at 12:29 PM, Pastor Ralph said:

Day 3 Meditation (Revelation 5:6). How is the Lamb described in verse 6? What does that tell you about his ability to help you now, in your present circumstances? Considering the standing Lamb that was slain, how do the wounds you have experienced become your strengths?

a. The Lamb who had been slain,  standing in the victory of the Resurrection having 7 horns (representing full, unrivaled power) and 7 eyes (all seeing and all knowing) representing the 7 spirits of God  sent out into all the earth.

b. He has already conquered sin and has sent His Holy Spirit to live in me  to be my helper, comforter, teacher and that I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me.  In Him I live and move and have my being.  Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness. Isaiah 41:10  He has already won the victory and I can walk in His Victory.

c. Knowing He has already won the victory gives me hope.  And that no matter what, He is always there to help and encourage me. My wounds encourage me to press into Him more and to learn of Him through the Word and Bible study.  Knowing the Word gives me strength and power to destroy my adversary.

The strengths appeared as good on the outside but Heart wasn't into it.  Where could a wrong turn have been taken?  Strengths may be where you have healed and moved forward, similar to wounds and scars.  Similarly, Churches may have strengths  such as letter writing which eventually may be used against them to weaken them.

On 5/15/2020 at 9:29 AM, Pastor Ralph said:

1. The Lamb was standing as though it (HE) had been slain, with 7 horns and 7 eyes. (The 7 fold Holy Spirit...amplified)

2. Jesus is alive, having conquered sin, death and the grave and is committed to healing sickness, deliverance through trials and from harm, and to give me the wisdom, strength, encouragement and faith I need and am asking for to endure the long wait of many years for His promises to be fulfilled. He is also able to heal the emotional wounds from the abuse in childhood....He was there...He saw it all and knows what and how to heal.

3. Jesus' wounds brings victory over everything I will ever need,  as He walks with me through thick and thin..(there has been a LOT of thin) He has been causing my faith, trust and character to grow. The complaining I did early on, has been turned  into gratitude as He has shown me in His Word that "He is causing all things to work together for my good, Rom 8:28, that I be conformed into the image of Christ. Rom 8:29. (I learned years ago from an elderly saint that Rom 8:28 and 29 is one verse which is separated by a comma.... V29 is the whole point of V28. (The Bible translators separated the thought by putting a verse marker there (and minimized a very precious verse's intent, in my humble opinion, because v29 makes sense of all pain, trauma, and disappointment  we go through in life.

What does that tell you about His ability to help you now, in your present circumstances? 
Considering the standing Lamb that was slain, how do the wounds you have experienced become your strengths? 

The Lamb in Revelation 5:6 is described as:
The Lamb - Our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, symbolising His submission to God’s will.
The Lamb – Although a Sacrificial Lamb, He is in no way weak. He was killed, but now He lives in God’s strength and power. 
Slain - Looking as if it had been slain – with the scars and marks of His atoning death. Slain but yet triumphant!
Standing – He is alive and standing having victory over death!
Throne – He is at the centre of the throne showing Royal status. We will always have a High Priest sitting at the right hand of God.
Encircled by 4 living creatures and by 24 elders. 
7 – Denotes completeness – He sees all that happens in the universes. 
Horns – Depicting His authority and power to rule in heaven and on earth. 
Eyes – Depicting His infinite knowledge and wisdom – all-seeing, all-knowing. 
Spirits – The Holy Spirit sent to earth working with our Redeemer, The Lamb. 
Jesus is ascended and exalted in heaven - this tells me He has defeated every enemy and is now controlling events from glory. This is a great encouragement to suffering Christians and to me in whatever circumstances I find myself in. He has the victory! We worship the living, reigning Lamb of God who is in the midst of all in heaven. This is the God that works in all things for the good of those who love Him (Romans 8:28). 
Our strength is found in the Lamb who was slain, but today is standing triumphant! He has taught us to live by faith keeping our eyes fixed on the coming glory when all the redeemed will be gathered with Him eternally. My wounds, my troubles, my pressures, and my trials have all taught me to rely on the strength of Christ who strengthens me for every need. Like Paul said in 2 Cor 12:10, for when I am weak, then I am strong. 

Day 3 Meditation (Revelation 5:6). How is the Lamb described in verse 6?

The lamb is describe as standing in the midst of the throne “as thought it had been slain” the lamb has seven horns and seven eyes.

What does that tell you about his ability to help you now, in your present circumstances?

It tells me He is sitting at the right hand of the Father interceding on my behalf. Ephesian 1:20-23.  so, if my circumstances are bad, I remember that God’s immeasurably great power raised Jesus from the dead.  It’s my connection to Jesus, that God can invade the circumstances of my life and demonstrate his all sufficiency.

Considering the standing Lamb that was slain, how do the wounds you have experienced become your strengths?
The wounds i have experienced have become my strengths only because of what Christ accomplish on the cross and now still standing.   "Looking to Jesus, the founder and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross despising the shame, and is seated at the right hand of the throne of God." Hebrews 12:2

The Lamb is standing , yet slain, and He is next to the throne and He has seven horns and seven eyes. 

That He can help me through any pain or suffering or trial I go through because He has conquered therm all. And He has all the power and strength. There is nothing that He cannot do.I can do all things through Him.

My wounds have made me stronger just like He was made stronger. Everything I go through helps my faith grow and I become more like Him.

How is the Lamb described in verse 6? Looking like it had been slain but standing with 7 horns and 7 eyes, which are the 7 spirits of God sent out into all the earth. 

What does that tell you about his ability to help you now, in your present circumstances? He is still standing with those 7 horns and 7 eyes. He is still the conquering King of Kings who sends out his strength and his counsel via the Holy Spirit. Is standing mean now in my present circumstances. 

Considering the standing Lamb that was slain, how do the wounds you have experienced become your strengths? Because through those wounds he helps me grow to be all that he designed me to be. My weaknesses given to him become strengths because of Him. 

How is the Lamb described in verse 6? The Lamb is described as alive, standing triumphant, conquering beside the throne of God, all-powerful, all-seeing, exercising the full power of the Holy Spirit.

What does that tell you about his ability to help you now, in your present circumstances? Christ position in Heaven as the Conquering Lamb, triumphant and all-powerful tells me in that  He completed the work at Calvary and stands in Heaven victorious over the enemy. As heir to the promises of God I too am victorious in preent-day circumstances.

Considering the standing Lamb that was slain, how do the wounds you have experienced become your strengths?  Compared to the wounds that Jesus the Lamb bore for the sin of the word, the wounds that I receive here on earth cannot be compared to His suffering.  I can take encouragement, walk in faith and be strengthened, knowing that one day I will be with Him arounf His throne.

He was standing in the midst of the throne and of the four beasts and in the midst of the elders, with seven horns and seven eyes which are the spirits of God. They were sent forth into the earth. It means the lamb is alive, full of strength and conquering and full of holy spirit.                                                           

He as done it before, if He can conquer satan, then am sure My present situation or problem is nothing before Him.

Comparing the wound that Jesus Christ bore on the cross for the sin He didn't commit,  The wounds i experience is nothing. I draw strength from Jesus. There is nothing am passing through that can be compare to Jesus wound. 

As if it had been slain, standing in the midst of the throne, encircled by the 4 beasts and the elders, had 7 horns( all powerful) & 7 eyes( all knowing), which are the 7 spirits( all presence) of God sent out into all the earth.
What does that tell you about His ability to help you now, in your present circumstances?

He has conquered death and sins.and because He is alive, I can face tomorrow. If  He has overcame death, what else is impossible for Him?

Jesus is wounded that I maybe heal. The wounds in my life become strength when I recognized what Christ had done for me on the cross. Willingly I surrender  my all to thee, in Him I find strength.

The Lamb overcame all the trials, tribulation and afflictions.  He stands victorious in his priestly position in spite of all .he endured.

I have the full power of the Holy Spirit to help me  conquer all obstacles and mountains 

I have triumphant  over my past wounds and I am  victorious.

On 5/15/2020 at 12:29 PM, Pastor Ralph said:

Day 3 Meditation (Revelation 5:6). How is the Lamb described in verse 6? He is alive and triumphant. 

What does that tell you about his ability to help you now, in your present circumstances?  If Jesus was here today, I would think his advice would be one that would ultimately deliver me the victory without too much warfare. I'm assuming that the advice would be for me to suffer a little longer and the obedience & sacrifice would yield me God's favor.

Considering the standing Lamb that was slain, how do the wounds you have experienced become your strengths? I think my wounds speak to my resilience and perseverance. Doing the right thing is not appreciated when you are surrounded by evil but even the great number of them that want to see me fall and surrender, are horrified that I'm still coming after them. As always, the righteous must stay the course. I look forward to putting my little lamb feet over their slain bodies.  

Standing though slain. At the throne, though slain. All powerful and all seeing though slain.

He is able to carry me and help me live in His joy, comfort, and victory.

They are my strengths in as much as I allow God to comfort me, heal me, and work through me in these areas. Which means I turn them over to Him as my LORD.

How is the Lamb described in verse 6?  I am see the Lamb as a symbol of complete strength that is all knowing, perceives all things.  Before this study, I could not imagine the sight of the Lamb but "Glory Be To God,"  I have clarity of what He really is.  Yet, He may look distraught because the verse states that he looks slain, but still He stands.  He is an overcomer even of death.  

What does that tell you about his ability to help you now in your present circumstances?  This affirms what I always thought about Jesus, that He is able.  I pray that I always depend, rely and trust Him to be with me during my times of need such as now with the pandemic. 

Considering the standing Lamb that was slain, how do the wounds you have experience become your strengths?  Because the Lamb stands and process the power to overcome, my wounds are evidence of reminders of His omniscience, His faithfulness and His unconditional love. 

6 And I looked, [c]and behold, in the midst of the throne and of the four living creatures, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as though it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent out into all the earth 

The Lamb is described as being slain and having 7 horns and eyes. It tells me that the Lord aka the Lamb has the power to defeat anything that is causing me to sin and also is able to give me the victory in that area as well. They become my strengths when I choose to rest in the Lord.