JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Day 4. Seals

Pastor Ralph

Day 4 Meditation (Revelation 5:1-8; 6:1). What does it say about you that Jesus, the Most Worthy One, died for you. How does he value your worth? How casual should you be before the Lamb who is Most Worthy? What is the appropriate relationship with him? In what ways has he humbled himself to reveal himself to you?

• 2 weeks later...

Good early morning Memorial Day Brother Ralph. I have really enjoyed these readings. As old as I am, 77 years,I had never really understood that the scrolls were about the FUTURE.....until NOW....and no one knows the future but GOD , the HOLY TRINITY....Since JESUS knows the future....HE must be able to see us in our GLORIFIED STATE..just like on the Mount of Transfiguration...(JESUS ,Moses and Elijah)..In our earthly,sinful state before we were BORN AGAIN......we were under condemnation....but in our REDEEMED STATE..GOD sees us just as HE sees HIS OWN SON......PRAISE HIS HOLY NAME.....Isn't it AMAZING that the Apostle John is witnessing a FUTURE event..just as though it is happening right then?...just like JESUS was "slain from the foundation of the world"..but the event (on earth) didn't happen until thousands of years later..

JESUS was born from BELOW...(earth)..so we could be born from ABOVE (heaven)...King James Version Acts : 4:12
"Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved."

When I think about Jesus and all He did for me I feel very unworthy but as you said He loved me enough that he died to save me.  I have been feeling very unworthy but this made me think Of Jesus and how He feels about me.  My righteousness is as dirty rags but Jesus took all that from me and made me righteous in His eyes.  So thankful for the Lamb who paid for my many sins because those who have more to be forgiven for love more.

How does Jesus value my worth? 

I am of investible value to Jesus because of the price He paid to make me worthy. It is worth given to Me by God. He valued me, not because there was something in me that made me valuable, but because He placed value on me and sent His Son to die for me to show how much He valued me. Praise His Name! He is worthy to receive power, honor, and glory!

Just like that old violin at an auction that had a few strings and was dirty. The auctioneer couldn't get a one dollar bid. But once the master violinist got up and played the violin, the instrument became worthy and sold for millions. 

Listen to the Revelation song to worship Jesus.

It says that I am of the utmost importance to Him. It says that He loved me enough to die for me on the cross. I am worthy not because of what I have done but because of what He has done in my place. 

I should not take it lightly or think of Him as a casual acquaintance or friend but as my Lord and my God, my Savior and Redeemer. The holy exalted one who should be given all glory, honor and obedience. He should be given first place in my life.

On 5/15/2020 at 12:32 PM, Pastor Ralph said:

Day 4 Meditation (Revelation 5:1-8; 6:1). What does it say about you that Jesus, the Most Worthy One, died for you. How does he value your worth? How casual should you be before the Lamb who is Most Worthy? What is the appropriate relationship with him? In what ways has he humbled himself to reveal himself to you?

a. It says that Jesus loved me enough to die for me wanting to free me from slavery and sin and back into fellowship with Him. 

b.  We may not think ourselves worthy but Jesus says: As the Father hath loved me, so have I loved you: continue ye in my love. John 15:9   You can't love anymore than that. 

c.  We are to give Honor and respect to the Lord for all He is and all He has done in thanking, praising and worshiping Him.

d.  He is our Lord, Savior, King and because He has given us His Holy Spirit, His Spirit lives inside of us and we can commune with Him and have fellowship with Him.  How great is that, communing with the Living God who created us and knows all about us.

e. Jesus humbled Himself by becoming the Son of man and paying the price for my sin by being obedient unto death on the cross.  He revealed this wonderful salvation to me when I asked Him to come into my life.  My body is now His Temple.

Showing respect to the LORD will make you wise, and being humble will bring honor to you.

On 5/15/2020 at 9:32 AM, Pastor Ralph said:

1. Jesus dying for me says that I am precious and of utmost value to Him.

2. Before the foundation of the world was formed, Father God saw, chose and called me and gave me to Jesus as His love gift. Jesus bought me back from Satan with His blood, and gave me back to His Father (and now mine) as His love gift. That tells me I'm of unspeakable, unfathomable worth and value to our God.  (Ephesians 1:4,5 and John 17:24) How I thank and praise Him that I am His forever....His bride, bought with a price too high to "think or imagine."

3. Not "casual" or lackadaisical or flippant ever.

4. His intimate friend, remembering I'm His purchased & prized possession. My deep devotion for Him, reverential, unafraid, always thankful, remembering to honor Him as my Lord and Savior and God...and in all of that, to enjoy Him and to cultivate His Presence daily.

5. He left the glories of Heaven to live as a sacrificial, slain Lamb. He has picked me up and delivered me countless times. He forgives and corrects me, inspires, teaches, and trains me,  is patient as I learn to surrender and live for Him each day...He never demands....is always gentle. He reveals Himself every day through His Word as I read and study. His patience is unimaginable, as I am sometimes slow to learn. He appeared to me when I was new, and so terrified that I thought I was going to die from cancer....and in the most tender voice said: "Be still and know that I am God"...(I learned later that is Ps. 46:10.) 

Day 4 Meditation (Revelation 5:1-8; 6:1).

Q. What does it say about you that Jesus, the Most Worthy One, died for you.

A. Amazing Grace indeed!

Q. How does he value your worth?

A. So valuable that the Lord God Almighty had to die for me to live. Praise God.

Q. How casual should you be before the Lamb who is Most Worthy?

A. Casual? Yes, the Lord so great and lofty decesded so low that He can reach me at my low level and call me friend. Amazing.

Q. What is the appropriate relationship with him?

A. Though He had descended to my level, He remains the Most high God worthy of praise and worship.

Q. In what ways has he humbled himself to reveal himself to you?

A. See my answer to the second questiion

What does it say about you that Jesus, the Most Worthy One, died for you. How does he value your worth?
Jesus died for me. This tells me without any doubt that I am loved and that he considers me his child. He loves me as dearly as I love my own child. He values my worth highly—with his life. And because of the loving relationship he's initiated with me I know he doesn't see me as just one of the many billion humans on Earth. He sees me and loves me for who I am. That's such an overwhelming thought.

How casual should you be before the Lamb who is Most Worthy? What is the appropriate relationship with him? 
Our relationship with God has no parallel. He is our Father, our King, and our Creator. I think Christianity is a journey on which we discover just how to have a meaningful relationship with God. While God will always forgive us if we treat him lightly and take him for granted, it still isn't something we should knowingly do. I've always see God as my Father and Maker above all else. He loves me, he protects me, he guides me, and he does it for nothing—just like a loving parent. And I give him my love, loyalty, and trust—just like a loving daughter. He's always been my Father, but I'm slowly also beginning to see him as my King. I have a role to play in his plan. I am his subject, with tasks to carry out, and a mission to fulfil in establishing his kingdom.

In what ways has he humbled himself to reveal himself to you?  
Jesus shed his divinity to come to Earth. He allowed himself to be ridiculed, tortured, and killed because it would save me. But that's not all. It wasn't a take-it-or-leave-it salvation. He also came after me personally. He guided my life towards him, specifically, and every time I strayed he brought me back. He's bound me tightly to him. That the King and Creator put all that effort into just one person—me—is difficult to accept. That he does the same for everybody else—billions of people—is staggering. His capacity to love and care is truly infinite.

Day 4 Meditation (Revelation 5:1-8; 6:1). What does it say about you that Jesus, the Worthiest One, died for you?

There are no words to express what debt He paid for my freedom

How does he value your worth?

He Died in my place

How casual should you be before the Lamb who is Most Worthy?

Respectful, the lamb is with me daily in the form of the Hold Spirit

What is the appropriate relationship with him?

He is my sin barer, therefore, I am not my own He bought for a price, and that price was dying in my place.

In what ways has he humbled himself to reveal himself to you?

He has revealed Himself through His word; on how He left His home, became human flesh, Phil 2:7 His purpose John 3:16; weak as a lamb and sacrificing His life. Jesus came to show us how to live His kind of life in this kind of world.

Day 4 Meditation (Revelation 5:1-8; 6:1). What does it say about you that Jesus, the Most Worthy One, died for you. How does he value your worth? How casual should you be before the Lamb who is Most Worthy? What is the appropriate relationship with him? In what ways has he humbled himself to reveal himself to you?

Jesus sacrifice himself on the cross to wash away my sin.

Jesus wants us to be obedience to His Word and draw close to Him. We are to give Honor and praise to the Lord for all He is and all He has done, Praise Him and give thanks

Jesus reveal himself through His word And humble Himself to earth. 

What does it say about you that Jesus, the Most Worthy One, died for you.  That Jesus Christ the Anointed One died for me says that God loves me and that I have worth in this present world and in the world to come. Eternity.

How does he value your worth? God values my worth by poritioning me in the Kingdom of God and uses me in ministry to be His witness on earth and to bring edification to His Church.

How casual should you be before the Lamb who is Most Worthy? Before the Lamb who is Most Worthy, I would be fearful to give Him the highest honor.  Never casual, as we know casual, but with grave respect to the King of Kings and the Lord of Lords.

What is the appropriate relationship with him? My relationship with jesus is to recognize that He is and will always be my Sovereign, Most Holy God.  

In what ways has he humbled himself to reveal himself to you? Jesus has humbled Himself to reveal Himself to me by permitting me to be in His presence.  Insignificant me, He tells me He will never leave me nor forsake me. He is with me always.  Hallelujah!!!

He doesn't feel good for those who suffer, he calls all who are heavily loaded with this world's system and burden of religion. He felt the same way and invited me to his righteousness which he secured with humility and resulting power.

Nonetheless, we cannot finish knowing Him and we cannot graduate of his wisdom and knowledge. he is new every second ...and day ...and years. He is our God and redeemer. Yes, we knew Him in human form 2000 years ago but not now.

Let we approach Him with complete openness and reverence in all our minds, walk of life, steps and strides of every inch. He is our God Who made us who deserve worship for ever and ever. Jesus, we are indebted to your sacrifice to or sin, but no more we know you as weak as you were on the Cross at Golgotha.  Amen.

What does it say about you that Jesus, the Most Worthy One, died for you.

I am worthy in his sight.

How does he value your worth?

I am the precious gift given to Jesus by the Father.

Give him the highest honor.

What is the appropriate relationship with him? In what ways has he humbled himself to reveal himself to you?

He is the lover of my soul, keeper of my heart and a real friend. He humbled himself by revealing himself at my understanding when no one could understand my most inner struggle.. 

What does it say about you that Jesus, the “Most Worthy One”, died for you? 
How does He value your worth? 
What is the appropriate relationship with Him? 
In what ways has He humbled Himself to reveal Himself to you? 

The fact that the “Most Worthy One” died for me, His creature and a sinner, and that He was willing to pay a ransom with the price of His own precious blood, tells me how highly God thinks of my worth and value to Him. It tells me of Jesus’ great love for me that He bore my sins in His body on the cross!
When I think that God does not need me or the rest of creation for anything, it might make one feel that our lives are of no importance at all. But Scripture tells me I was made in His image (Gen 1:26-27), created to glorify Him (Ps 86:12), fearfully and wonderfully made (Ps 139:14), chosen in Him before the creation of the world (Eph 1:4), sealed with the promise of the Holy Spirit, and guaranteed an inheritance in Heaven. So, I know that I have value and importance to God Himself. Wow! What a God we serve!
How casual should I be before the Lamb who is Most Worthy? Jesus is my Creator, my Redeemer, my Lord, my Saviour, my Shepherd, my Life, my Light, my King, my Friend, my Everything. I was made through Him, in Him, and for Him. I worship Him, adore Him – for He alone is worthy. Yet I can have fellowship with Him, and in all my ways submitting to Him (Ps 3:6).  
One can only have an appropriate relationship with our Lord Jesus if we truly know Him. This does not mean only to know about Him. We were created to know God and have a close, personal relationship with Him - a life-changing experience that will affect every aspect of our life and bring us untold joy, hope and purpose like nothing else. Knowing Jesus Christ is the most exciting relationship we can have. It is the beginning of a life of adventure with an all-loving, all-powerful God. 
Jesus humbled Himself by coming to earth as a Man. He had always existed as the Son of God with the Father in heaven, but now chose to come into the world in a human body. The Word became flesh and made His dwelling among us. (John 1:14). God actually came to this earth and lived here as a Man among men. Also, in Matt 20:28 we are told that He came into the world not to be served, but to serve, and to give His life a ransom for many. The whole purpose of the Incarnation can be summed up in two words - serve and give. It is amazing to think that the exalted Lord humbled Himself to the manger and to the cross – displaying the depth of His humiliation.  

On 5/15/2020 at 12:32 PM, Pastor Ralph said:

Day 4 Meditation (Revelation 5:1-8; 6:1). What does it say about you that Jesus, the Most Worthy One, died for you. I don't know that he died for me personally. I'm horrified by the pain and suffering he endured for Man, when we as a collective are just as evil as we were when he was put on the cross. I wish more people would see the value in living  righteously but I don't see any hope for Man. I wish he didn't have to be put through that. He was thirsty in his final hours and there were people in the crowd roaring and screaming with joy. 

How does he value your worth?  I can't speak to it since he's not told me personally. But I do believe that he sees that I'm suffering and as a child of God, I'm sure he appreciates all the personal sacrifices made by his followers.

How casual should you be before the Lamb who is Most Worthy?  No idea. When I pray to him, I try to personalize it by writing out my own verses but sometimes I just let my thoughts get away from me and let him take in whatever he wants. I'm new to the faith so I hope he's forgiving if I trespass in anyway. 

What is the appropriate relationship with him? No idea. As long as you remember to be thankful and appreciative I'm assuming that that is sufficient. 

In what ways has he humbled himself to reveal himself to you? I think my Lord does talk to me through nudges,  Bible verses, articles from Christian publications. Sometimes he answers my prayers by delivering birds on the ground. I love it.

1.    What does it say about you that Jesus, the Most Worthy One, died for you. It says that I am loved; I am appreciated because I have been purchased at a very high price and I should live righteously in his honor.

2.     How does he value your worth? To have been bought at such a high price whose value is beyond estimation, means that he considers me to be of extremely high worth.

3.     How casual should you be before the Lamb who is Most Worthy? I should not be any kind of casual at all at all.

4.     What is the appropriate relationship with him? I should be humble before him and obey him. Like John the Baptist, I should exalt the Master’s worthiness, "the strap of whose sandal I am not worthy to untie" (John 1:27).

5.   In what ways has he humbled himself to reveal himself to you? He guides me through the Holy Spirit, persistently forgiving me for my sins and he has been kind enough to let me recognize when it is He who is talking to me.

It says that He values me greatly, an desires that I have an eternal relationship with Him.

He was willing to die and endure unimaginable suffering so I could live with Him eternally. Hard to fathom that.  I pray I can think of myself like He does.

I should hold Him in awe and reverence, yet be unafraid to boldly approach his throne,and cast my cares upon Him.

He was found in likeness as a man and became obedient to death on a cross.

Day 4 Meditation (Revelation 5:1-8; 6:1). What does it say about you that Jesus, the Most Worthy One, died for you. How does he value your worth? How casual should you be before the Lamb who is Most Worthy? What is the appropriate relationship with him? In what ways has he humbled himself to reveal himself to you?

In terms of my life and my personal recovery from my idolatry to food and materialism as the word of God states He called me by my name and knew what was best for me in His will. He called me out of the darkness to live for Him and to quit living for self. He also realized what I needed in order to be like His Son and do His will as well. He also chose to justify and glorify me as well. He values me more than any other creation. I can not be casual before the Lamb since He died for me. I should humble myself before Him and also learn to be obey Him in all areas of my life no matter hard it is. He was obedient to the point of death on a cross. He was obeying authority.