JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Day 15. Song

Pastor Ralph

Day 15 Meditation (Revelation 15:2-4). In what way is the Song of the Lamb like the Song of Moses that was sung after crossing the Red Sea? Why do you think the sound of voices accompanied by instruments is pleasing to God? What will it take for all nations to come to the Lamb in our own day?

• 3 weeks later...

Day 15 Meditation (Revelation 15:2-4).

Q. In what way is the Song of the Lamb like the Song of Moses that was sung after crossing the Red Sea?

A. The similarity is that both songs are songs of praise, worship, thanksgiving and adoration to God/ Lamb for victory/ deliverance, for Divine deeds etc. In the song of Moses, for God's deliverance of His children from Egypt and of the Lamb, for His victory over Satan that led to salvation of the redeemed.

Q. Why do you think the sound of voices accompanied by instruments is pleasing to God?

A. I believe it is pleasing to God because it is from the redeemed faithfuls and the sound is from string instruments with melodious sound accompanying songs of praise and worship to their Lord and Saviour.

Q. What will it take for all nations to come to the Lamb in our own day?

A. Faithful and committed evangelism to all peoples of all nation's.

Both songs are celebrating being released from the oppression of being a slave and having freedom in God’s world. I think that the sound of voices accompanied by instruments is pleasing to God because it is those that have been saved and are praising Him. If all nations haven’t come to the Lamb after what has been happening they never will until the return of Jesus Christ.

GREAT IS THY FAITHFULNESS

Prayer

Thank you, Jesus, for bringing salvation to my pagan forefathers! You are merciful! Now I pray that you will bring a mighty wave of revival over the Americas and Europe, over Asia, Africa, and the islands of the sea, that many, many will come into your Kingdom in a new wave of salvation before you come, that "all nations will come and worship you." In your gracious name, I pray. Amen.

2 hours ago, Wayne Hall said:

GREAT IS THY FAITHFULNESS

Prayer

Thank you, Jesus, for bringing salvation to my pagan forefathers! You are merciful! Now I pray that you will bring a mighty wave of revival over the Americas and Europe, over Asia, Africa, and the islands of the sea, that many, many will come into your Kingdom in a new wave of salvation before you come, that "all nations will come and worship you." In your gracious name, I pray. Amen.

Amen!

In what way is the Song of the Lamb like the Song of Moses that was sung after crossing the Red Sea?

Both singers celebrate the victories and deliverance received from God. 

Why do you think the sound of voices accompanied by instruments is pleasing to God?

The voices come from faithful saints of God who stay true until the end, who overcome the beast and its image, the number of its name , who do not worship the beast. They break forth with song of worship and praise accompanied with music that pleases God.

What will it take for all nations to come to the Lamb in our own day?

Faithful witnessing of the Gospel to all people groups and nation, great revival of the Holy Spirit in all nation.

Day 15 Meditation (Revelation 15:2-4). In what way is the Song of the Lamb like the Song of Moses that was sung after crossing the Red Sea?

The two song are similar in that they both are songs of victories; after the Israelite crossed the Red Sea, the Egyptian their enemies, were swallowed up by the Red Sea. Likewise, the Song of the Lamb gave praise to God over the victory over Satan, the Antichrist, False prophet and their armies.

Why do you think the sound of voices accompanied by instruments is pleasing to God?

It’s pleasing to God because the worship song celebrates God’s great character and awe-inspiring works, which is just and true. “Great and marvelous are your works, O Lord God, the Almighty. Just and true are your ways, O King of the nations.” Revelation 15: 3b (NLT)

What will it take for all nations to come to the Lamb in our own day?

Evangelize and total commitment to those needing to hear the Gospel of Jesus Christ. For those that cannot do missionary work, support those who will.

On 5/15/2020 at 12:47 PM, Pastor Ralph said:

Day 15 Meditation (Revelation 15:2-4). In what way is the Song of the Lamb like the Song of Moses that was sung after crossing the Red Sea? Why do you think the sound of voices accompanied by instruments is pleasing to God? What will it take for all nations to come to the Lamb in our own day?

a. They are both songs of Victory.  The song of Moses sung by the people after they crossed the Red Sea rejoicing in Yahweh's victory over Pharaoh's army.
The Song of the Lamb gives praise to God who has brought victory over Satan, the Antichrist, the False Prophet, and their armies.

b. The singing of songs and the playing of instruments bring joy and praise and thanksgiving for the Victory won by God and the Lamb and it brings glory and honor and praise to God, to His deeds, His Ways  and to His Name.

c. The Evangelization of the whole world that Jesus spoke of.  "This gospel of the kingdom will be proclaimed throughout the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come." (Matthew 24:14) 

Song of Moses is like song of the lamb in that it praises God Almighty and it is song of joy and being truimphant and victorious over the enemy, Pharoah vs Satan. However, it was short lived as the bible says when a new generation comes, they forget what God did to their forefathers and worshiped the idols of their neighbours, which evoked punishment. It was also performed before Moses though intended to God mentioning His name. But the song of the lamb on the contrary is eternal and original before the Almighty in His temple in His presence. 

It is must the all creation praise God. They are made by Him and it is in their body constituents that His presence is instituted and are meant to please Him

It takes admitting His Authority and Power, the coming of His kingdom and His will be done on earth. That is what it takes for nations to come to the Lamb because He is worthy, creator but showed humility and love to all of us, individuals and nations.

In what way is the Song of the Lamb like the Song of Moses that was sung after crossing the Red Sea? 
What will it take for all nations to come to the Lamb in our own day? 

There is a parallel meaning in both songs. 
Moses had led the Israelite's out of slavery in Egypt and Pharaoh had pursued them with his army. The Lamb of God brings us out of slavery to sin, and brings judgment on His enemies. In both cases there is salvation but also judgment. 
Our singing and music are pleasing to God because we bring Him glory by praising Him for who He truly is. We praise Him for His Holiness, his perfection, for His love, mercy, grace, and all His wonderful attributes that make Him our forgiving Heavenly Father. “Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise; give thanks to him and praise his name. For the LORD is good and his love endures for ever; his faithfulness continues through all generations” (Psalm 100:4-5). 
Biblical history teaches us what happens when a nation turns their back on the Lord. The Israelites were blessed and protected while they obeyed Him, but when they rejected God the OT gives us heart-breaking details of what happened. In 2 Chron 7:14 we read, “if My people, who are called by My name, will humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land.” 
We will never learn. Yes, all nations will eventually come and worship before our LORD. Some will come gladly, but not all will do so voluntarily. Some will be forced to submit. 

In both songs God's goodness is sung about; how He overcame the Egyptians and brought out the Israelites and how He through Jesus overcame Satan, the Antichrist and the false prophet. Israel was saved from their bondage to Egypt and we are saved from our bondage to sin.

The sound of music with instruments is pleasing to God because it praisies and glorifies Him for what He has done for us.It gives him thanks for who He is and what He has done for us.

I believe it will take a great humkbing in order to do that. People to be brought to their knees and where they have no other resort but to turn to Him. 

On 5/15/2020 at 9:47 AM, Pastor Ralph said:

1.  In what way is the Son of the Lamb like the Song of Moses that was sung after the crossing of the Red Sea?

Both songs were birthed in the fires of tribulation and hardship. Both are songs of exuberant thanksgiving and praise for the Lord's faithfulness and deliverance.  Both speak of God's glory and strength and holiness. They sang the Song of Moses AND the Song of the Lamb, praising God for His marvelous works, His omnipotence and His Righteous ways, adoring Him.

2.  Why do you think the sound of voices accompanied by instruments is pleasing to God?

God created the Universe to the sound of music: When the morning stars sang together (Job 38:7)  and it is God who gives us songs in the night. (Job 35:10) We are His creatures, created in His image with voices, every one unique and different from another, His handiwork. His word tells us to praise and "sing a new song". He says also "Let the high praises of God be in their throats....and to sing with joy upon our beds".( Psalm 150)  They were fulfilling Psalm 147:7: "Sing to the Lord with thanksgiving; sing praises with the harp or lyre to our God."

Voices are the major way we express our God given emotions. He loves music, so instruments are important to Him. He told  Moses how to make instruments for their worship, and David, as well. Lucifer was "worship leader" in Heaven before he fell,  and God created us, His children.....so all in all, Music is a source of great joy to Him, and one major way we can bring Him pleasure and joy. (It's lovely to receive a card, but how much more meaningful to hear words spoken by the voice of a beloved family member or friend or to pick up the phone and hear "Happy Birthday" being sung, usually way off key, but delightful, by loved ones far from home.

3.  What will it take for all nations of come to the Lamb in our own day?

Holy Spirit empowered evangelism, with signs and wonders and miracles, as in the first great outpouring of Holy Spirit in Acts. The Church has been asleep for a long time, doing mainly church "business"; routine, powerless, for the most part. I believe the past few months are preparation for this, as  believers the entire world over celebrated Passover separately locked  in our own homes, just as they did the night before the Exodus from Egypt. Fifty days later they celebrated Pentecost, which we just celebrated, but I believe the great outpouring is yet to come, and soon.  (The current unrest and tribulation, plagues, and terror I believe will be used for good, His  purposes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIs-oWrGaiI   Beautiful video    when the morning stars sang together

In what way is the Song of the Lamb like the Song of Moses that was sung after crossing the Red Sea?  The Song of the Lamb is like the Song of Moses, sung after crossing the Red Sea were both celebrating the mighty acts of a Sovereign God.

Why do you think the sound of voices accompanied by instruments is pleasing to God? I think the sound of voices accompanied by instruments is pleasing to God because they, with exuberance, sang praises to God for His victorious acts over the defeated enemies. God is pleased when His children worship Him with praises and in thanksgiving.

What will it take for all nations to come to the Lamb in our own day? All nations will come to the Lamb, in our own day, following the evangelization of the whole world when the Gospel is proclaimed in all nations.  

The Song of the Lamb is like the the Song of Moses in the fact that it it being sung after the crossing of a sea and also they are celebrating the mighty acts of the Lord. I believe the sound of voices accompanied by instruments reminds Him of heaven and also of the celebration feast of the Lamb that will one day happen. It will take a revival and repentance of all nations for it to occur. 

• 3 weeks later...