JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q1. Dealing with Your Fears

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Q1. (5:7) According to this verse what should you do with your fears? What reason is given why you should do this? In what manner should you do it. How will you apply this verse's instruction in your own life?

I cast them upon Jesus, my Lord! He cares for me--as He does for all who follow Him! How to do that? I pray, asking Him to help me in whatever manner I need help, then thank Him that He has done so. The Bible says He will answer our call for help--that He has already prepared His answer. I just need to remember that the answer could be yes, no, or wait. Whatever His answer, I know that it is the best of all answers, for He loves me! As I love my children and want the best for them, He wants the best for each one of us. So, I will give Him my fears, and trust Him to take care of me--whatever the problems I face!

Usually it is "Fear of not getting something that I want or loosing something that I've got". Whatever ... The answer to everything is Jesus Christ. Father, Son, and Holy Ghost. "Seek Him early". And on a "Daily Basis." "Be Humble" on your journey. These tips are not original, but I've found them to work; for me, and I pray they work for you.

Love ...Bro. Al

Q1. (5:7) According to this verse what should you do with your fears? What reason is given why you should do this? In what manner should you do it. How will you apply this verse's instruction in your own life?

Turn it all (fears) over to Him. Because God cares for you and for me.

Say to God "Lord, I turn all my fears over to you."

It is hard at times to turn over troubles and fears but I pray for strength each and everyday and ask for forgiveness. I ask for forgiveness because I periodically hold everything in and try to deal with them on my own and knowing I do not have the strength. I then turn all my troubles and fears over to him.

1. I should cast all my cares upon Him

2. I should do this because He cares for me.

3. I should actively cast my care on Him refusing to bear it myself. I believe that walking in fear and anxiety is sin and must be treated as such. a) It could be from the carnal man or B) It could be a spiritual attack from the devil In either case it must be despised and mortified by casting these cares upon God.

4. I will apply this verse's instruction to my own life by refusing to accept fear or worry, fretting or anxiety. I will give it to God and ask HIm to help me resist the temptation to take it upon myself again.

1a.) (5:7) According to this verse what should you do with your fears?

1a.) Throw them to the Lord. Easier said than done, huh? <_<

1b.) (5:7) What reason is given why you should do this?

1b.) Because of His great love for us. "How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God!" 1 John 3:1a

1c.) (5:7)  How will you apply this verse's instruction in your own life?

1c.) Giving it to the Lord through prayer and petition. And giving it back to Him when I pick it up again..again.. and again. I am still learning to turn it over completely. ;)

All not some of our fears should be cast on the Lord. God can and will sustain us. We need to have faith and trust him to be right in all things because He is. I will give my fear to the Lord and let him carry them and work them out. I have faith that He is always faithful.

Regardless, Jesus cares. He cares that he gave his life. God knows how to deal with our problems better than we do.

LET US BE OBEDIENT AND CAST ALL OUR FEARS ON THE LORD.

I cast all of my fears to the Lord. The Bible tell me He will be there, even till the end of time. Jesus died for me. I know He loves me. I can trust Him with all of my problems. Because if I put my trust in Him I will come out in victory. Jesus can work out any problems that we have. Just turn them over to Him.

This verse is taught from the beginners class in Sunday School. Everybody knows it by memory. Yet, it doesn't mean much to most when troubles strike.

This is one of my favourite verses that I refer in my Bible study and prayer cell groups. Yes, we take all those troubles and literally throw them to our Lord. Because the more pressure we use, the far they are from us. Because our Lord has promised that He will take those problems and solve them by Himself and sometimes he lets us solve them by helping us here and there. What a loving companion our Lord is! :D Math 11:28 is one more verse on the same lines. Like that there are so many promises that God wants to fulfill in our lives. If only we allow ourselves to use force and throw away the devil and his troubles far from us. I have been applying this verse practically in every aspect of my life. Praise God! I don't have BP and other anxiety related physical problems though I am 54, just because I put this verse in a practical way in my life.

A fear is a care, so we give the situation to Jesus, asking His presence and consequnce. Then we stand boldly for we are in His presence.

He cares for us and wants to be called into every picture in our lives. He also has a purpose for every situation, to turn it for good to those who believe. Besides it's wonderful to ssee what He does with situations.

We are to do it boldly (as before the throne of grace), and humbly.

I had a care for the people of my area since my church was leaving the rented premises for a property some distance away. We had dedicated the building near me to God's service and prayer-walked the area. I prayed and asked God for the sake of the single mothers and unfathered children to bring into the area a church able to minister effectively to street people. I could do nothing, so I left my care with God, who moved an international evangelist and his excellent cohorts into the old location (rented). Plans are afoot for street ministry which is very much on his heart, and I am left astounded by His attention to my prayer!

However, I'll continue to leave my cares with our mighty Father who cares!

You know, we all know we should cast our fears on Jesus. It sounds logical but it really takes alot of discipline. The media has given us so much to be afraid of. Be afraid of the neighbor, of the drunk driver, of the swindler, of the diet, of exercise, of world peace, of the economy......... it goes on and on. And yes they have brainwashed us into fear.

I have to discipline my mind to seek God's will

I have to choose to trust

I have to pray to stay focused on God

I have to put the situation in the context of the God I know by studying the Word and knowing Him.

So, I'll keep working and plugging and making the decision to turn things over to God

susan

Q1. (5:7) According to this verse what should you do with your fears?

I should give my fears to God and trust that He will take care of them for me.

What reason is given why you should do this?

God cares for me and wants to help carry my burdens.

In what manner should you do it. How will you apply this verse's instruction in your own life?

I should pray and turn my fears over to Him, then let them go and forget about them. I

In Psalm 3, David writes "4 To the LORD I cry aloud, and He answers me from his holy hill. 5 I lie down and sleep; I wake again, because the LORD sustains me." That is the attitude we need to develop - in the middle of his enemies, David could sleep soundly becasue God was sustaining him. Hard to do and we can't do it on our own.

When we battle fear in and of ourselves it will be a losing battle. We can not overcome fear without the interceeding of Jesus. The scripture tells us to cast our anxiety on him for he cares for us and that is what we need to do. We might have mental ability of scripture, but unless we put it to use, we fight an endless battle. Fear can come from many different sources in our lives and to know which area it is coming from does help. Pray for the Holy Spirit to guide and to show you how to pray. Place all the fear, trouble that is causing the fear at the feet of Jesus. When fear comes, I myself pray against the source binding the spirit causing the fear in the name of Jesus. I then worship the Lord for taking care of the problem of fear and set my heart and mind on what is good and right in the sight of God. These are strong things to do and sometimes the body and mind want to give up, but we must always know Jesus is on our side and if he is for us who can win against us. Sing praise to the Lord the almighty for he is good. Shout to the Lord all the earth and praise his holy name. His name is Jesus!!!!!

;) As we live in this world, we will be facing many a problem, which might dsiturb us and cause us concern.

We are not become fearful of these problems, but pray and ask our Lord Jesus Christ to deliver us from these problems. In this way we are solely depedent on our Lord, with faith, trust and adoration.

We are to do this, because our Lord loves and cares each and everyone of us, and is eager to help us.

Until a decade back, I was really getting worried on every small and big issues. Now I have learnt to prayerfully and faithfully trust that Lord would take care of these problems, if only I could wait for his timing.

And, YES He is trust worthy and loving. :P

This verse speaks of casting all your cares on Him and I like that becasue to me it is an action we take. I like action. Its like getting baptized. Its action you take to declare your new life. It makes it personal not just words. This verse also says that we will have cares so we once again know tht we are very normal and that is part of this world. The difference between us and others should be what we do with our cares.

We do this because He cares for us. Isn't that great. He, the God of the universe cares for us. He tells us He cares and wants us to trust Him with our cares because He is able to do exceeddingly abundantly with all that we ask or think. Wow!!!!!!!

We are to do this through prayer and I think this is action prayer. The action of thrusting or throwing our cares on Him. We can do this when we trust Him.

i pray that this becomes more and more natural to me as I continue to grow in my faith and knowledge of our loving kind generous mighty God.

God Bless

Jen

I am to cast my fears to God, and let him bear the burden for me. Just as He loves me, I must love Him, and trust in Him to give me shelter. I must pray continually , and give thanks in all circumstances. I give to Him my life, and ask that He will use me for His glory. My God is the eye of the storm, where all peace abounds.

(5:7) According to this verse what should you do with your fears? What reason is given why you should do this? In what manner should you do it. How will you apply this verse's instruction in your own life?

Turn them over to the Lord because He can handle them so much better than we can. He loves us so much and is concerned about us. We should do it in such a manner that we leave them completely with Him and not worry about our circumstances.

I will apply this verse's instruction in my own life by praying to the Lord about the things that concern me and know that He is capable of dealing with them. I must not continue to worry about things after I have turned them over to Him. "Take your burdens to the Lord, and leave them there."

We are not supposed to allow anxiety and fear to grip us but to cast our cares on the Lord.

"Cast your cares on the Lord and He will sustain you ; He will never let the righteous fall." (Ps 55:22)

We are to do this because God commands us to. We are not to worry but to trust God.

We are not to dwell on or obsess over our fears but give them over to God thru prayer.

"Do not be anxious about anything,but in everything,by prayer and petition,with thanksgiving,present your requests to God." (Phil 4:6)

As far as applying this to my own life goes, that's easier said then done. It isn't always easy to "just let go and let God." In my Christian walk I have been learning to just let go of certain things and just trust God for that area of my life. :)

We should go to God in prayer about our fears and anxiety instead of harboring them and letting the fester. We should cast our fears upon the Lord. We should ask Him to take them from us. He wants us to do that because He cares for us. The love He showed us proves it. He is all powerful and wants to take care of us.

I will try to remember these verses in times of anxiousness, fear or anxiety. Instead of trying to be sef-sufficient in handling them, I need to remeber the Lord is with me constantly. He is there for me as He is for all who call on His name and believe. Remembering these verses will help remind me I can call on Him.

We should cast all our fears to the Lord, we do this for he cares for us, it is done through prayer, everyday we are faced with anxiety, worries and everyday we should trust in God who will take care of us and we should not worry for he will sustain us.

We are to cast or throw our cares on Him who is the answer to every problem we will ever face. To carry our cares ourselves is to fail and become discouraged. But Jesus cares for us and invites us to trust Him and let Him take care of all our fears and burdens. We are then free to serve God without being burdened down with selfish concerns. Our faith is strengthened when we give all to Jesus. I must make a decision to give Him my cares and cease thinking that I can somehow take care of things myself.

According to this verse we should carry all our worries,stresses and daily struggles to God.If we do not then we are not fully trusting God with our life.We have to admit our need for God ,and know that God cares for us and loves us.I must sumit myself to God everyday,giving God all my troubles and cares of everyday life.I cant handle everything myself,and its know use in trying.I must humble myself and go to God for his help.My Peace,Joy and Happiness comes from my heavenly Father knowing he loves me and will work everything out,God controlls all my circumstances.~Amen~ :D