JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

6. Surrounds

Pastor Ralph

Day 6 Meditation (Psalm 125). What does this psalm teach us about the security that the Lord gives us? What examples do you see of unrighteous rulers? What kind of government happens when rulers are unrighteous? What happens in the government of our hearts when we allow unrighteousness in us to continue to guide our actions and thoughts?

• 1 month later...

Day 6 Meditation (Psalm 125). What does this psalm teach us about the security that the Lord gives us? What examples do you see of unrighteous rulers? What kind of government happens when rulers are unrighteous? What happens in the government of our hearts when we allow unrighteousness in us to continue to guide our actions and thoughts?

This is one of the most difficult "Meditations" to grasp and respond to in todays "politically charged" world..so I will just go back to that part of the Psalm that has the answer to all these questions for us: (( along with Proverbs 3:5-6)..(written by Solomon, David's son,who had 500 wives??)

4  Do good,80 O LORD, to those who are good,  
and to those who are upright in their hearts!  
5  But those who turn aside to their crooked ways  
the LORD will lead away with evildoers!81  
Peace be upon Israel!" (Psalm 125:4-5)

Day 6 Meditation (Psalm 125). 
What does this psalm teach us about the security that the Lord gives us? 
What examples do you see of unrighteous rulers? 
What kind of government happens when rulers are unrighteous? 
What happens in the government of our hearts when we allow unrighteousness in us to continue to guide our actions and thoughts?  

We as believers are built upon the solid Rock that is Jesus Christ. As Jesus told us in this parable (Matt 7:25), we have a solid foundation which will not fall when battered by the rain, floods, and winds of life. The LORD Himself forms a protective wall around us – He surrounds us with His protection. This is the protective hedge Satan spoke about in Job 1:10. Because He dwells within us, we will never perish. We have total security. Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding (Prov 3:5). It is only when we start to trust ourselves or other people, and we bypass the Lord, that we begin to stumble, and fall. Our security is dependent on our trust of our LORD, for He never changes. 
At the moment my country is going through a financial crisis caused by a 9-year rule of a most corrupt president. We have had state capture and plundering on a massive scale. The state resources have been totally depleted by corrupt officials. Our present president is fighting a battle to turn away from corruption, but unfortunately it is so embedded in our state officials conduct. Our situation reminds me of Isa 1:23: “Your princes are rebels and companions of thieves. Everyone loves a bribe and runs after gifts. They do not bring justice to the fatherless, and the widow’s cause does not come to them”. It is true that a corrupt ruler corrupts the whole nation. This we see every day. Jesus Himself said in Matt 24:12-13: “And because lawlessness will be increased, the love of many will grow cold. But the one who endures to the end will be saved.” There is no peace in our hearts and with these loose morals comes a particularly destructive disease - the loss of true love for God and others. Sin cools our love for God and others by turning our focus on our self. 

The psalm teaches us that we can be secure in the Lord because He is always with us. There are a lot of examples of unrighteous rulers. The worst on I can think of is Hitler. Hitler’s Germany was a horrid place to be in and he made is miserable for everybody that he could. When the government of my heart is allows unrighteous I do unspeakable things. I am not happy nor content.

On 7/19/2020 at 12:25 PM, Pastor Ralph said:

Day 6 Meditation (Psalm 125). What does this psalm teach us about the security that the Lord gives us?  The metaphor of Mount Zion is one of strength and permanence; that the believers are compared to a mountain is that our faith in mighty God Yahweh is also unshaken and everlasting. As such, so is God's faith in His believers. Like the mountains that surround Jerusalem, so is His shield of protection that surround those who trust in Him-- immovable and unshaken like the rock that its built on.

What examples do you see of unrighteous rulers? What kind of government happens when rulers are unrighteous? Probably the best example of a corrupt ruler is Barak Obama, who basically lied his way into the Oval Office. It wasn't until he left office that I uncovered the fact that not only was he not legally authorized to be in office, but that his name wasn't really Obama: His past records show him as Barry Soetoro. There is no record of him ever having attended Harvard or Columbia, nor is there any record of a law career-- neither as Barry or Barak. Michelle Obama wasn't really his wife because she in fact wasn't even a woman nor were Malia and Sasha really his daughters. Obama was also using his office to lure young black children-- kids from very famous NBA players-- into a massive pedophile ring and using his presidential authority to cover up his crimes. He also authorized the spending of trillions of US dollars under the guise of a "mortgage crisis" when in fact, he had allowed his corrupt and criminal perverts to pillage the assets of millions of Americans. 

I alerted the FBI of these facts more than 2 years ago and where did it get me? Locked out of my low-income home to be incessantly maligned, cheated and threatened by these same criminals that put a pervert in the office.

In short when you have a corrupt and unrighteous leader in the office, the entire government becomes corrupt because it will be run by unrighteous and corrupt people, aka criminals, hiring other criminals to abuse the innocent. Basically this is what we have right now-- no law, no order and no adherence to the fairness and justice.    

What happens in the government of our hearts when we allow unrighteousness in us to continue to guide our actions and thoughts?  I know that criminals don't usually try to tempt me with any "deals" or "offers" which is likely due to the fact that I don't come across as someone that can be bought, bribed and threatened. It's probably a tricky balance for most people, esp when most of us need the extra cash, to turn away from it for the sake of righteousness. But if you have a good sense of right and wrong, as I do, saying no to unrighteous acts of temptation seem more like traps to avoid.  Unfortunately I think there are far too many out there who can easily forego righteousness for the sake of wealth gained by evil acts. How to set them straight can happen only through God. 

We live in a country where unrighteousness rules. When I think of the children held in cages on our borders; children separated from their parents; black people being killed for no reason other than being black; millions of DACA with citizenship being withheld from them. Yes, we live in an unrighteous country. As christians we must pray that God woud intervene for the common man, for the poor and the desilute. Help our country Lord! Deal with the evil in our land!

I keep losing my notes.  Briefly we know God protects us now and forever more.  Ps 121 vs 8.     

Examples                                           Ps  32 vs 7

Ps31: 6

W e have unjust rulers and governments all around us, in Africa, India, Europe, middle east, America, uk.

We know in our hearts when we have made an unjust or an unrighteous decision.  The phrase 'the conscience ******'!

the Psalms provides us a reminder of why the LORD never wanted the government of israel to be a monarchy.  monarchies produce royalty, which produce corrupt monarchs who are horrible at governance.  monarchies lead to human beings worshipping a human being, a king rather than Worshipping the LORD. the founders of the United States were Bible scholars and used the lessons learned to form a republic with three equal branches of government.

Day 6 Meditation (Psalm 125). What does this psalm teach us about the security that the Lord gives us? What examples do you see of unrighteous rulers? What kind of government happens when rulers are unrighteous? What happens in the government of our hearts when we allow unrighteousness in us to continue to guide our actions and thoughts?

It teaches us that God's protection is as unshakable as a mountain and endures forever. As majestic peaks rise above me, I can't help but think that God is with me now & for all time.

Rulers that have no respect for human life or human rights. Rulers that incite hatred & fear. I believe God is in control of governments and everything else that goes on in the world. I don't begin to question or try to understand His ways. Sometimes bad things happen to good people (nations) and prosperity, wealth etc happen to corrupt people & governments. My responsibility is to pray...

My heart will grow hard (like the kings & pharaohs in the Old Testament) and I will be in great danger of temptation & sin. 

Security is the Lord is the key of this psalm, this is appropriate for us pilgrims, it includes a description of security we are secure in the Lord while traveling on the earth sphere we are in this world but not of this world, they that trust in the Lord are likened as Mount Zion (Jerusalem) Which cannot be removed, but abide the forever. As the mountain are around Jerusalem so the Lord is around about His people from henceforth even forever. For the rod of the wicked shall not rest upon the lot of the righteous; least the righteous put forth  their hands unto iniquity. (Verse 1-3) Verse 4 a prayer for those who are up right in heart to be prosperous. And (verse 5). A warning of judgement for those Who turn aside Unto their crooked ways, the Lord shall lead them fort with the workers of iniquity: but peace shall be upon Israel.

The Lord surrounds us. He is rock solid and He is on every side and behind and going before us. He is steadfast and immovable. He can be depended upon. Because He is watching over us.

In our government the Democrats and the leaders of the Black Lives Matter movement. The leaders in China and the Arab countries who are persecuting Christians.

Rulers who don't care about the people under them. They are only concerned about money and power. We lose our closeness to God and other Christians. We become more self-centered and fail to think of others in need. We lose our witness for Christ by how we live and become fruitless.

a. If we trust in the Lord we can be confident, strengthened and cannot be moved.  He is in us, and all around us protecting and keeping us.

b. Unrighteous rulers want control, power, are greedy, un-Godly, destroy rather than build up and think only of themselves, not the people.  This is done by lies, deception, and control.  

c.  When rulers are unrighteous they bring down the country, destroy it and no one is happy.  In my perception, I believed when rulers are unrighteous in the land, that the same sin that they are involved in comes down on its people.  If they are righteous and want right that their good qualities come down on the people.

d.  When we allow unrighteous in our hearts to continue to guide our actions and thoughts, we come away from our connection with God, we sin, and sin begets more sin and we become hard hearted.

On 7/19/2020 at 9:25 AM, Pastor Ralph said:

1. In Jesus we are secure, as steady as Mount Zion which cannot be moved but abides and stands fast forever. We are promised that we will go through trials and testing, but we are never alone in those times (or any other time as well!) Colossians 2:10  tells us that "we are IN HIM....and HE IS IN US.. we are filled with the GODHEAD...Father, Son and Holy Spirit, and reach full spiritual stature. So though we may tremble and quake.. (at least I do at times) we are absolutely secure in His arms and His love. He Has PROMISED: " I will never, no not ever leave you (alone for one second) nor forsake you!" (Heb 13:5)

2 & 3. Unrighteous rulers, judges, & officials are all around us. We've elected or appointed many in ignorance, and by not voting our values. Many stick to a "party" rather  than examining the party platform. (The Democrat party promises government paid abortion right up to and during delivery of a full term baby if the mother doesn't want it! It's called infanticide)....as in the Old Testament when babies were sacrificed  to idols and in fires. (We've murdered  over 60 million babies in America) The previous administration in America began a slow attack on Christianity, and appointed hundreds of left leaning judges who make decisions not in alignment with Biblical principles and righteousness and our laws. We are reaping the consequences now in that  a believing President Trump was duly elected (though a very young Christian but soon to be baptized in Holy Spirit according to prophecy) and a civil war is upon us....an all out war against our Constitution, our traditional values and our faith, in an attempt by the Marxist regime (disguised in racially charged issues to try to unseat our president and to destroy our way of life). The coup attempt began before he was sworn in at his inauguration disguised as "Russian Collusion" which has since been totally debunked as a fabrication, but is still being trotted out by the leftist owned media. Corrupt FBI and Secret Service employees helped to try to prevent him from taking office through illegal means:  spying, leaking top secret information which was published in the papers after twisting the facts, wire tapping His phone and the phones of other duly elected  officials, arresting and falsely accusing his campaign staff and imprisoning several who have since been proven to be innocent of anything, except helping to get Pres. Trump elected. 

I find it interesting that throughout the gospels Jesus encouraged seekers to join His "party"....if we voted according to His party. we would be a completely Christian nation, rather than a bitterly divided nation where one cannot voice an opinion (pro Pres. Trump)   without being shouted down, and in some cases injured. The good news is that he will be reelected, America will be saved and survive, this virus will be "killed" and eradicated with the soon outpouring of Holy Spirit....a second Pentecost after a literal Passover all over the world (entire nations shut in and hiding in fear in homes...much like the disciples following the Crucifixion, were hiding in the upper room fearing that they might be next....UNTIL Holy Spirit filled them....as we will be experiencing very soon. Our sleeping churches will come alive with signs, miracles and wonders, and billions around the world will be saved after 100 years of prayer having gone up to Heaven for a world wide revival!

3. Just as in a literal government gone wrong, our hearts "are deceitfully wicked"(Jer 17:9) and need very little leeway to go astray in seeking after the world and what is on offer. Thank you Holy Spirit that you are a constant source of encouragement, convincing us of truth, and convicting us when we are vulnerable to going down paths not of your choosing. Thank you that you never leave us alone, that you know we are constantly being wooed to "come away" from truth and the loving secure Arms of our beloved Savior and Lord to the momentary "glitter and glamour" appealing to our fallen nature and that when we yield to You, our enemy loses.

The Lord surrounds his people, protecting them from every direction.

What examples do you see of unrighteous rulers? What kind of government happens when rulers are unrighteous?

Unrighteous rulers are anyone that want control and power by any means necessary.  If the ruler is unrighteous, then the government will be as well.  In reading some of these post, I am really shocked as to how some are pointing the finger at a specific person or group or party in judgement.  If we are going to be specific, then name all the people, groups or parties.  We need to pray for our leaders and healing for this country!

What happens in the government of our hearts when we allow unrighteousness in us to continue to guide our actions and thoughts?

Sin and more sin.  We will forget about God.  No peace. There will be a continuation of what we are seeing in our country today, division.  

That the security the Lord gives us is not temporary but eternal in the sense that He will never leave us nor forsake us. Because He is not a mortal man and He doesn't lie or change his mind. When I think of unrighteous rulers; my mind recollects several. Barack obama, Joe Biden, Kamala Harris, Bill Clinton, Tony Evers, Gavin Newsom, Pete Buttigieg I believe when we allow it to reign or rule in us we no longer become vessels of honor for the Lord then. We start.doing things that we will regret later on my since we didn't choose to think things through like we should have.  We sometimes make hasty decisions in areas that need more consideration. When we do this we end up paying for it in the end.

Edited by Godswriter
Meditation was in my response 2x

Day 6 Meditation (Psalm 125). What does this psalm teach us about the security that the Lord gives us?

When our trust and reliance is in Him and on Him, HE will guard our hearts and minds.  Whether we understand a situation is not the issue, it is our trust in Him because of Who He is and what He has done for us.  Not one single promise of God has ever failed or will fail.  John 10:28-30  No one can take us from God's hand.

What examples do you see of unrighteous rulers?

Regardless of country, all who go away from God and His Word.  LOTS of examples throughout history and today.

What kind of government happens when rulers are unrighteous?

Government becomes the "god", the super nanny, the one who calls all the shots of who has what...it becomes an evil government run by evil elitists.

We become like ancient Israel/Judah who strayed from God and disobeyed.  It is then time for discipline, sometimes very harsh to get our attention and draw us back.  It is TOO costly to disobey and slide away from God and His heart of love and grace.

Day 6 Meditation (Psalm 125).

Q. What does this psalm teach us about the security that the Lord gives us?

A. The Lord God Almighty is all around us o shield us just the as the mountains surround Jerusalem. This is comforting

Q. What examples do you see of unrighteous rulers? What kind of government happens when rulers are unrighteous?

A. In  my  country Nigeria I see acts of unrighteousness where elections are manipulated, where appointments / admission are not on merit and where there is high level of unrighteousness and corruption every where. It is terrible.

Q. What happens in the government of our hearts when we allow unrighteousness in us to continue to guide our actions and thoughts?

A. We take actions that are unpleasing to God and to the people we oppress and misrule. May the Lord God help us to 

On 7/19/2020 at 11:25 AM, Pastor Ralph said:

It is complete and trustworthy.

Dictatorships. Corruption even in democratically elected officials. Oppressive government comes from wicked rulers.

Our hearts become callous, and we bring hurt/harm to ourselves and others through sinful thoughts, words, actions.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/19/2020 at 9:25 AM, Pastor Ralph said:

Security -  When we trust in the Lord we cannot be shaken, and know that the righteous will endure forever!

Unrighteous rulers -  We see that happening today in our land where some governors and mayors are allowing anarchists and terrorists to rule the streets.  They are not willing to do what is right and necessary to reign in the violence. As a result millions of dollars of damage is being done to our cities and businesses.  Faith is being lost in our government leaders to bring law and order to our cities, and to our land. All because of leaders who refuse to lead with Christian values and ethics.

On 7/19/2020 at 9:55 PM, Pastor Ralph said:

That's a tricky one - those who are righteous and speak against unrighteousness are often, if not always persecuted. We look to the new earth then when Christ rules. 

What examples do you see of unrighteous rulers? What kind of government happens when rulers are unrighteous? 

Vote banks supercede righteousness - when drugs, abortion, neutral gender put in the minds of children, among other things are propagated, one need not be an Elijah to see where society is heading. This is the worst kind of global pandemic.

When we even begin to subscribe to ideologies in our minds that go against God's Word,  it's the beginning of a slippery slope. The longer we walk the path believing that it's ok to have one foot on each side of the fence, teh harder it is going to be to retrace our way back to the path of righteousness. It's nice to memorize some relevant verses from the Bible. When one tends to stray a bit, these verses tend to pop up in the mind and can help put a brake on things before it goes further.

• 6 months later...

For me, Psalmist emphasize "YHWH is everywhere, surrounding us, protecting his people, those that are righteous, willing to obey and follow YHWH laws and ways.

In todays world, some  or maybe most people are all for themselves, looking out for themselves or what they can get out of whatever they do. Look in todays world, government aren't for the people anymore, at least in my opinion. Even our constitutional rights are being revoked. Power, money is the #1 for these politicians now, and not what matters," The People". I remember when even in school as child, The Father was always in everything, unfortunately, now, even to say God Bless you is bad and offensive to someone, and praising Satan is okay. Tv - so many entertainments about witchcraft, demon, drugs and how to, and one of the most disgusting series ever put out their " Lucifer" trying to make Satan a good boy. Its ridiculous and very much offensive. The good is bad and bad is good in todays society, at least for some and it's pathetic. If people don't open their eyes, wake up and stop being blind to all the nonsense and keep on following the worlds views instead of the Father , he will turn against them like they did on him. 

With all that's going on in today's world, I've grown to detach myself from everything and almost everyone. I rarely watch tv, news, I don't keep up with this world anymore. What I know is because my partner and my children informed me. I keep to myself, study the bible, hear some music, used to be a fan, not that much anymore. Everyday I see this world getting lost more and more. Those that choose to follow the father will be saved those that don't well, again The Father will take care of them as he sees fit, it is what it is. He gave us a choice unfortunately. We decide what road we take. People have the truth, they just choose not to believe. 

• 1 year later...

The Lord is the solid rock upon which I stand. He provides, sustains, comforts, heals, and loves me with an everlasting love. He is sure and true. I have zero doubts about His love and good intentions for me. He is unshakeable. 

Our current president and his administration is so corrupt. We just had the SOTU address. I didn't watch it because I get so angry at all the gaslighting. But I've seen clips and heard pundits and friends discussing it. It's hard to fathom how blind people can be. To tell us that the economy is better and inflation down is such a slap to the face when we all are struggling with exorbitant food and gas prices. They think we are blind, just because they say something is true doesn't make it true.

Good people suffer by the unrighteous leaders and it gives others permission to sin. We begin to travel down the path of unrighteousness and become desensitized to sin. 

• 5 months later...

I've been struggling with leadership the last several weeks in the state where I live and have concern or question the ability of our President.  I pray for our elected leaders and the bad i see in them.  I have faith that God will correct this when the problem gets so bad that wickedness and evil doers cannot continue. My heart trusts God and i believe that good will beat evil.

I've been struggling with elected leadership the last several weeks in the state where I live and have concern or question the ability of our President.  I pray for our elected leaders and the bad i see in them.  I have faith that God will correct this when the problem gets so bad that wickedness and evil doers cannot continue. My heart trusts God and i believe that good will beat evil.

• 1 month later...

God surrounds us at all times, he never will leave us.

I see what is happening today 9/1/23 in my own Government, the lies, corruption, the love of money and power, it is all spelling out for all to see.

The right becomes wrong and the wrong becomes right.

We become just like the world, we have to guard our hearts.

What satan meant for evil God will turn for Good..