JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q4. Promises for the Future

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And the God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast. To him be the power for ever and ever. Amen." (5:10-11

When you're experiencing suffering it's like being caught up in a dark storm and you can't see the calm and peace that will follow it. The faith necessary to take you thru is what we're being taught. It is very consoling and hopeful to know that it won't last forever and that you will be even stronger afterwards. We can then look back and realize He was with us during our affliction. Right now it is very encouraging to know this because I've been undergoing a trial that's lasted over two years now. I am still in the storm but am hopeful and encouraged. Not only is God with me but I am growing by leaps and bounds as a result of this storm. I am much closer to God and would not be otherwise had the storm not blown my way. I'm thankful for the storm, knowing it is seasoning me to be a more effective vessel for Christ.

Q4. (5:10-11) Which promises in verses 10 and 11 are most meaningful to you at this point in your life? Why?

:D I am not worried or afraid because I know what I've believed: That the battle has been won by Jesus Christ, Son of God. That HE has purchased, us who believe, with HIS blood. We are not in bondage to the lie that : God' either does not exist, or is dead, or is just a fairy tale. To believe that The Bible is The Word of The Living God, and is inerrant ; was my choice! And I'm glad that I chose to Believe. That makes you and I Believers. Amen.

IF I AM OBEDIENT AND FOLLOW THE WORD HE WILL GIVE ME THE DESIRES OF MY HEART. HE WILL RESTORE ME TO HIM AND MAKE ME STRONG. IF SATAN TRIES TO INVADE ANY PART OF MY LIFE , ALL I HAVE TO DO IS CALL ON THE NAME OF JESUS. REBUKE SATAN AND HE WILL HAVE TO FLEE. THE LORD IS EVER PRESENT- JUST CALL OUT HIS NAME... HE WILL NEVER FORSAKE ME!

Q4. (5:10-11) Which promises in verses 10 and 11 are most meaningful to you at this point in your life? Why?

But may the God of all grace, who called us to His eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after you have suffered a while, perfect, establish, stendthen, and settle you. To him be the glory and the dominion forever and ever. AMEN.

God the Father has won the battle over evil. Nothing and no one can ever take that belief away from me or convince me otherwise. Jesus Christ suffered and died for our salvation. We must continue to be Christ-like and we will when the time comes be entered into Heaven.

The most striking application of this promise to me is that He is going to restore me and make me strong. Yes, its such a comfort to know the I am in the loving hands of my Master who will make me strong and enable me to stand my ground in face of trials and tribulations. I know that persecution is inevitable, particularly of us Indians as we face religious fanaticism everywhere. But this promise is a sure fort in which I can take refuge and fight my battles. What a wonderful providence by our Lord and Master!!

It boggles my mind that He has called me--I am a sinner, unfit to be in His presence, worthy only of His condemnation. Yet, He wanted me to be saved so much that He came and suffered horribly in order that I will be with Him in His eternal glory in Christ! Also, He promises to make me strong--I presume so that I can stand up to the devil and resist his attacks! Without Him, no one can stand against this evil! What a wonder that He will make us able to resist! I rejoice in that fact. No wonder that Peter rings out with such a doxology of praise! :)

4a.) (5:10-11) Which promises in verses 10 and 11 are most meaningful to you at this point in your life?

4a.) "..will himself restore you." As our brother from India has so eloquently stated, he suffers from incresed hostility in his country. I pray strength and protection for you each day. I consider any type of grief I get because of my belief in the States as a pitence, nothing. Paul reassures Timothy in his final letter to him:"Here is a trustworthy saying: If we died with him, we will also live with him; if we endure, we will aslo reign with him. If we disown him, he will disown us; if we are faithless, he will remain faithful, for he cannot disown himself." 2 Timothy 2:11-13

4b.) (5:10-11) Why?

4b.) We are also reminded that: "--a faith and knowledge resting on the hope of eternal life, which God, who does not lie, promised before the beginning of time..." Titus 1:2-3 God has made a promise to us through Christ Jesus and we can rest with that knowledge. :D

I am so thankful that God has called me to eternal glory. This promise of securely being held by a loving Father has sustained me through many difficulties. It reminds me of 2 Peter 1 where Peter assures us (his readers) once again, that we have EVERYTHING we need pertaining to godliness.

Because I am CALLED, I never face a hopeless situation, and no matter how many times I fail, or demonstrate weakness in my faith, or sin, God is willing and eager to lift me up.

Having just come through the loss of both parents within a month of each other, I can testify with joy at the faithfulness of God who holds us, HAVING CALLED all of us who are believers to eternal glory.

It is difficult to break up this passage and pick a word that is most meaningful, as they are equal and contiguous. However at thia point the promise that God will restore me after struggling with temptation and sin gives me confidence and peace. When I pass through trials, temptations, tests, valleys and battles, I am tired and weary. I sometimes do not feel as though I will ever feel the presence of God again. Sometimes I wonder about my worth and value. However, even though all these thoughts and feelings of darkness and despair swirl around me, I have that bedrock assurance of His love and promises such as these. He will restore me at the end of this tunnel. It doesn't matter if I can see it or if I know how He will do it, He can and will do it.

Which promises in verses 10 and 11 are most meaningful to you at thispoint in your life? Why

Most important in this is God's glory and dominion. He is jealous of His glory and we should be also.

Second I appreciate that He orders the times and duration of our suffering and not anyone else and He is a God of mercy as displayed in full at the cross.

Third I appreciate tht there is an improved me at the end. (Much improving to do yet but He is able to finish the good work He started in me.

God Bless,

Jen

I am so happy that God will give me His eternal glory. He let me know that He will come and pick me up and set me firmly in place and make you stronger than ever.

He Will be power over all things for ever and ever. He is so full of kindness. Even through all your suffering God will be right there. The battle has been won by Jesus. All I have to do is believe and trust in His word.

For me it is the promise that God will eventually restore me, afer a time of suffering. The NLT version has it that God will restore us and place us on a "firm foundation". I often feel that my feet are on shifting sand, as the spiritual battles wage on around me. How I look forward to finally being able to stand against the evil wind, with my feet firmly planted on His everlasting foundation.

Joy and Peace to you all- through the saving grace of Christ Jesus.

I like the idea of being settled, established, strengthened and constantly honed (perfected), even though that comes after the suffering which everyone will experience (Christian or not) in this world.

I certainly don't like the idea of suffering and getting no benefit out of it - surely that would increase my suffering and multiply it! But God makes all things work for good to those who are in Christ Jesus. So I will stay in Christ Jesus.

At this point in my life, the promise that is most meaningful to me is "who has called you to His eternal glory." Not only have I been saved from judgement of my sins and punishment in hell thru the blood of Christ, but I have also been given the gift of eternal life. I think it's awesome that God wants us to share our lives with Him for all eternity. During the millinium, Jesus will reign on earth for 1000 years and us believers we have the honor of being part of His kingdom. However, 1000 years is just a drop in a bucket compared to how long eternity will be, which is without end.

I just want to say how much I have enjoyed and learned from this online bible study of I Peter. I am eagering looking forward to the next one.

At this point, I need the promise to strengthen me, to cause me to be strong in the faith so that it is more firmly established. I love my life more and more as I grow closer to Christ and feel the Holy Spirit's presence more and more. However, from time to time, I feel I am not listening or paying attention enough and need to be more firmly established.

:rolleyes: '"will himself restore you" is the most assuring promise to me. Imagine the very omnipotent GOD coming my rescue and restoring me to my original position with HIM through the blood of Jesu Christ. Once HE restores me to my original position with GOD, I will stand firm on the saving grace of Jesus Christ.

Sorry I got to this late, but I still wanted to answer the queston. This part of passage refers to us standing strong and firm. That is very important when we are going through struggles. It liftes me up knowing that I am a child of the King and through him I have eternal life. Life on this earth will never compare to the heavenly home with our Lord and Savior. It can be confusing sometimes when we see sufferring going on for years, but as true believers we do know our timing is not always His timing. We are from a hurried society and hate to wait for answers. The scripture tells our God will supply all our needs and this is what I count on. I know of the lies of the devil and he just changes how he presents them not really changing the contents of the lies. So my dear friends in Christ my encouragement is that we all wear our full armor, stand strong, stand firm and find comfort in knowing God is the ruller of all and we are safe in the arms of Jesus!!!!

(5:10-11) Which promises in verses 10 and 11 are most meaningful to you at this point in your life? Why?

The promise that God personally knows about my suffering, but, in comparison to eternity, it will only last for a little while; and He will pick me up and make me stronger than ever!

This is important to me because after all this suffering is over, I am assured of an eternal life with Christ where there will be no suffering, no heartaches, no death. What a Day that will be! :)

1Peter 5:10-11~~What is so meaningful to me is at this point of my life I have reached an age where you think of how precious life really is.Life is an awesome gift from God.How we use it is up to us.I have had a lot of ups and downs in my life time but God has always gotten me through the hard times.Even a time when I thought life was not worth living,thought about how I would put and end to it and call it quits.That is when God really moved in because I had lost the battle.I realize now that the battle is not mine.The Battle Belongs To The Lord.I have learned to let God lead the way.To guide me by the Holy Spirit,that lives in me.I, speaking for myself,can not do anything without God.There is know way I would want to go back to my old life style and try and make it.So what I am trying to say is although every- thing is not perfect,and I am not perfect by know means.I have Jesus Christ in my life.Jesus suffered a great deal to give me a new life,a life that is worth while,and of value.There are times I suffer,but not to the extent of suffering like Jesus did for me.We all suffer to some degree.Some more than others.Some who even give their life for a Godly cause.All of God's faithful followers are assured of an eternal life with Jesus,where there will be no suffering,crying,sickness,heartaches,pain,grief~~I could go on and on.All of these sufferings will be "KNOW MORE"! This is God's promise to us if we are faithful to Him. Our reward is HEAVEN!!~~AMEN~~

That I will suffer at times but God will be there to restore me and make me strong and give me the strength to carry on knowing that God will be my Strength and Supporter snd guide leading me till it is time for Him to call me home to be with Him.

Knowing too that God will give me only what I can handle at any given time. He knows my limitations.

Thank you Lord for your Grace and love . I receive from you so much more than I give back in return. How selfish I am to accept so much. Amen.

Thank you Pastor for inviting me to take part in this Bible Study. I have enjoyed it and learned much from it. It was very well presented and made one think of his/her relationship to the Lord. Peace.

Ann From Canada

What is important more than anything is the promise that he will make me steadfast. For I believe that key to the overcoming life is a consistant, persistant, steadfast Christian life before the Father. That is the way I most desire to live. Not a roller coaster religion but a firm and steadfast life day after day after day.

All these promises are meaningful to me at this time. Gods' acceptance of me without reserve, even though I don't deserve it, is as meaningful today as it will be in the future. He promises to accept me as I am, that I am valuable as I am. I can be the real me with the Lord. Then if I am wrong or need to be corrected God will set about to make me what I long to be. I have come to love the restoration of me and my life that the Lord has set before me. He is, without a doubt, bringing me into a condition to function well and putting my life in order. This is so relevant to me right now. Not suddenly, or instantaneously but gradually he is setting me free. I used to be restless, wandering, and I could not find what I wanted or needed out of life but the Lord heard me in my trouble and began to lead me in a straight way. This gradual, step by step, walk in the straight way is strengthening me and giving me a secure basis for life. This is so important to me now and everyday and I thank God for His steadfast love because before I had nothing and when trouble came I became depressed and rebellious but now I have the Lord and He holds me together and helps me, leading me to a place of security and adequacy, of excitement and power.