JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

• 2 months later...

God used healing and raising from the dead to begin a mighty regional revival by touching the hopeless situation where there people who could attest to those like this man who was sick for 8yrs, it was a long and discouraging for people around him so when he got his healing it was unbelievable. The case of Dorcas was hopeless the widows were left grieving bitterly so by that restoration of live thier needs were made, which summarised by the deed of one woman. So God used unthinkable restoration to make Himself known in a way people didn't know was possible. Yes I am willing.

Q4. In our passage we see two people Aneneas and Dorcas being helped by Peter. Aneneas had been crippled for eight years and was dependent on those about him for the everyday routine of life. Peter heals him and changed his life . We are told that All those who lived in Lydda and Sharon saw him and turned to the Lord. Acts 9v 35. Dorcas had actually died but Peter brought her back to life. This lady was very well know because she was so good and kind to people especially those who were in need. The city where Dorcas lived was a big city and word traveled around fast about what had taken place. The result was that many came to believe in Jesus. The result was a great revival. 
If I was blessed with the spiritual gift of healing I would be obedient and use it for the glory of God.

Two good people were healed by Peter and crowds of people believed in Jesus' power and existence afterward. If someone was healed today, would there be a resultant revival?Assuming God still heals, which I believe he does, should not God's healings, today, also lead to revival? 

Maybe revivals do happen but I'm unaware of them. Maybe, too, we instantly attribute healings to medicine and science, not God, so the revivals that would have followed never take place.

Raising someone from the dead ... would people discount this, today, too?  Probably. I wonder what God would have to do to stun the sensibilities of contemporary secularists. Maybe we've passed an era when healings can draw believing crowds.

How sad it is when God heals and we attribute it to anything-but-God.

I do not have the gift of healing. 

After Aeneas and Dorcas' healings, many people came to faith because they recognized the truth and power of Christ through these miracles.  It never occurred to me that I might have the gift of healing.  I pray for people to be healed, but have never laid hands on a person and asked for a miraculous healing.  I guess I have always been afraid I might weaken people's faith if God doesn't answer the prayer for healing.  They may doubt God.  I don't think I have the faith to heal others.    

Q4. (Acts 9:32-43) How did God use healing and raising from the dead in order to begin a mighty regional revival?

The Lord caused Aeneas, a cripple to be healed and made whole brought Dorcas up from dead by Peter. The two incidences cause many to believe in the Lord and brought about their salvation.

If you recognize that you have a spiritual gift of healing, are you willing to be obedient and let God use you in ministry?

Surely I will be delighted and very willing to obey the Lord God to use the gift of healing to minister salvation to people if I find out that I have such a gift.

Q4. (Acts 9:32-43) How did God use healing and raising from the dead in order to begin a mighty regional revival? If you recognize that you have a spiritual gift of healing, are you willing to be obedient and let God use you in ministry? 
The miracles of Aeneas in Lydda, and Dorcas in Joppa contributed to the glory of Jesus. When Aeneas was healed, the people who lived in Lydda and the Plain of Sharon saw and heard what had happened and put their faith and trust in Jesus Christ (9:35). When Dorcas was raised from the dead, this became known all over Joppa, and many people believed in the Lord (9:42). These miracles had a tremendous impact, and the result was that the church continued to increase greatly. In the early years of the Christian church, we see that not only apostles, but Stephen and Philip also received the ability to perform miracles of healing. Believers today lack this special gift; we pray in faith and wait for a divine answer. If the Lord does answer and we see a healing take place, we ought not to boast about possessing the gift of healing, but rather give God all the glory and honour for healing the sick. When there is no immediate answer, we should continue to pray and not stop asking for help in time of need (Heb 4:16). We acknowledge that God performs the miracle of healing the sick in answer to prayer, knowing that “the prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective” (James 5:16). If I ever received the spiritual gift of healing, I would be truly humbled and would feel privileged to use it to bring all honour and glory to my Heavenly Father. 

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Q4. (Acts 9:32-43)

How did God use healing and raising from the dead in order to begin a mighty regional revival?

If you recognize that you have a spiritual gift of healing, are you willing to be obedient and let God use you in ministry?

Both Aeneas and Tabitha were well known "figures" in their respective communities. 

Aeneas who was crippled, was accepted as such.  He had been like this for 8 yrs already.  He was a familiar figure as a cripple in Lydda.  Before Peter came to this area, Philip had already come through this area and much seed had already been sown.  Many believed.  Now when healing of a popular figure takes place, those words spoken by Philip are brought to remembrance again and a flame of revival is fired up and many turned to the Lord.  Through Lydda is a main road leading through the Plain of Sharon.  So many travelers would also have heard about this crippled man who was healed and so news of this happening easily traveled throughout the area.  

News of an unusual happening (healing of a paralyzed person) is quickly spread far and wide.  

Tabitha , had used the talent God had given her, among the "different" in society.  The poor and the widows.  She was rewarded by being accepted and loved by them.  Joppa, also was a town with a main road leading through it.  A happening, such as someone being raised from the dead, would quickly spread by travelers, far and wide.  This is exactly what happened.  Again this caused many to turn to the Lord.