JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q25. Son of Man

Pastor Ralph

• 3 months later...

Q25. (Daniel 7:13-14) What does the Ancient of Days grant to the Son of Man? Why do you think Jesus used the title of "Son of Man" even though most didn't understand its importance? What does Jesus' authority mean to you and your life? 
Our Heavenly Father crowns our Lord Jesus as King, and He is given authority, power and glory, so that all people of every nation and race would serve Him. He will rule forever, and His kingdom is eternal, never to be destroyed. I think Jesus often referred to Himself as “Son of Man” to show His humility, and His willingness to be respected “as a man”. Paul explains it well in Php 2:6-7, “Who, being in very nature God, did not consider equality with God something to be grasped, but made Himself nothing, taking the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness”. Christ’s humiliation included His making Himself nothing (that is He emptied Himself), taking the very nature of a servant, and being made in human likeness. Though His humanity was genuine, He was different from all other humans in that He was sinless (Heb 4:15). He has all authority as Son of Man to act on God’s behalf, as well as the authority on earth to forgive sins (Luke 5:24). This means I can trust our Lord Jesus Christ fully as my Saviour, and believe Him when He says, “Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No-one comes to the Father except through Me” (John 14:6). Contrary to what many are saying today: our Lord Jesus is not just one of many ways - He is the only Way, and no one comes to the Father except through Him. On top of this, our Lord is the truth; not One who teaches the truth - He is the truth. Those who have Christ have the Truth. It is not found anywhere else. Also, Jesus is the life. He is the source of life, both spiritual and eternal. Those who receive Him have eternal life because He is the Life. 

Q25. (Daniel 7:13-14) What does the Ancient of Days grant to the Son of Man?

He granted him authority, power, dominion to reign as the King of kings of all nations and creation.

Why do you think Jesus used the title of "Son of Man" even though most didn't understand its importance?

Though being the Son of God and God, chose to be called the son of man while on earth so as to maintain an ordinary status until his mission on earth has been accomplished.

What does Jesus' authority mean to you and your life?

It means my total submission and obedience to his authority through worship and faithful service for him. So help me Lord to so faithfully.

The Ancient of Days (God the Father) gave all sovereign authority and all the highest honor and deserved glory to the Son. This is due from the entire world for all eternity. This means He is supreme over anyone or anything. He is the only one worthy of worship. 

Jesus used the title of Son of Man because it referred to the aspect of His divine being that spoke of His humanity. Only one who is in a sense like us can truly understand the human experience and can bring comfort to us. His humanity also provided the substitution we needed to pay for the penalty for our sins. By using this title He was indicating that He was the one that fulfilled that title from the OT.

I am glad today to review this passage that reminds me of the scope of Jesus’ authority. He is King of Kings and Lord of Lords, supreme over anyone or anything that tries to usurp that authority in my life. I admit that often I forget this and go through the day not offering myself to Him in full love, obedience, and service. I am thankful to be learning so much through these devotional studies. I pray they will stay in my heart and mind in coming days to help me live by the Spirit in every way that honors Christ. 

Q25. (Daniel 7:13-14) What does the Ancient of Days grant to the Son of Man?  All authority, glory and power. 

Why do you think Jesus used the title of "Son of Man" even though most didn't understand its importance?  I believe it is a reminder for us that he is a man in the flesh; that he came down low like nothing else can. 

What does Jesus' authority mean to you and your life? It is hope for living in this world and being able to do and be all he wants me to do and be. 

What does the Ancient of Days grant to the Son of Man?

God-the-father granted God-the-son divine status in the beginning.

Why do you think Jesus used the title of “Son of Man,” even though most didn’t understand its importance?

"Son of Man," was probably one of those phrases Jews bandied about but never understood, a catch-phrase, that is. Jesus took this common phrase and imbued it with meaning. He adopted the phrase and used it to describe, but not explain, His relation to God in the trinity.

What does Jesus’ authority mean to you and to your life?

His Authority is absolute. He chooses--I submit. No one can even come to God unless God draws him or her. His authority must be met by my surrender. I'm not surrendering my intellect, but my will (which is very hard to do). One desire after the next I must surrender. He is scraping me raw in life -- it is His prerogative to do so. I don't understand what He does or wills, but I can submit to HIs blurry outlines, and take steps of faith toward a God who has absolute dominion or authority over my life.

On 8/29/2021 at 3:11 PM, Pastor Ralph said:

Q25. (Daniel 7:13-14) What does the Ancient of Days grant to the Son of Man? Why do you think Jesus used the title of “Son of Man,” even though most didn’t understand its importance? What does Jesus’ authority mean to you and to your life?

1. a. The Ancient of Days granted to Jesus, the Son of Man/Son of God - Authority, Glory and Sovereign Power.

b. Jesus used the title of "Son of Man" because, even though He was Messiah, He was Son of Man, when Mary accepted her purpose (be it unto me according to thy Word) and was overshadowed by the Holy Ghost and received the Seed of God and gave birth to Jesus/God/man.  He became as one of us  - Human, then to die, taking our place that we might be set free/saved/delivered.

c.  That He has all Authority,  and as the Father has given it to Him, He has given it to His children also.  I am to use this authority by faith, speaking what the Word says. 

Q1.The Ancient of Days was God and He passed to the Son of Man authority and power over all things. 
Q2.The Son of Man was used by Jesus to show that He had given up everything that made Him God and took on human form. It was used 107 times in Scripture, so even though it wasn’t a familiar name it would become familiar through reading the Scriptures. Jesus by being the Son of Man can really understand our human problems because He experienced them Himself first hand. 
Q3.Jesus authority in my life means I should put Him first in every aspect of my life. I have to admit there are times when I don’t, but I do try more and more to commit every part of my life to Him. I think it is more difficult when living in a family where you are the only Christian.At times I have put my family before God but as my family are independent now it is easier but not without its complications at times. Eg wanting me to do things on Sunday that I’d rather not. Wanting me to stay at home rather than go to my prayer meeting. Now I am stronger in saying no as I must obey my Lord and Master.

Ancient days granted the son of God with given authority, glory, and power.

The Son of Man was used because God gave a part of him to become a human on earth. To experience what life on earth is like and people could see him as a normal man with the Holy Spirit leading him. So he could bring the word of God, signs and wonders.

Jesus authority means all is given to me if I truly want it. Being a saved child of God to follow his words, praise and worship Him for all that he has done and what he can do. Through his authority I have the inheritance of everlasting life.

• 2 weeks later...

The Son of man was granted Authority, glory, and Sovereignty and Power,  By the Ancient of Days.  Which is the Lord God Himself.

I think Jesus used the title, The Son Of Man, so that those who knew Scripture would know that He  was proclaiming to be the Messiah according to Daniels  prophecy.

Jesus has authority over my life.  He is all authority over everything.  He has all power, He is all Sovereign, He is the all knowing ruler.  Jesus is the All in All, my All in All.

Q25. (Daniel 7:13-14) What does the Ancient of Days grant to the Son of Man? Why do you think Jesus used the title of "Son of Man" even though most didn't understand its importance? What does Jesus' authority mean to you and your life?

Dominion, glory and sovereignty were given to Him. All peoples, nations and languages should serve Him. His dominion is everlasting and will not pass away. His Kingdom will never be destroyed. 

"Son of Man", shows clearly that He had stepped aside of or put aside His "godly form" /He emptied Himself of it and put on humanity. The title confirmed to all once their eyes and ears were opened, Who He really was. 

Jesus is my All in All. My desire is that He takes full control of my life. I want to live for Him and Him alone. 

Q25.What does the ancient  of  days grant the son of man? Authority  , power and sovereignty 

Why do you think Jesus used the title the son of man. To indicate that He is the Son of mean prophesied  about in Daniel's  book

What does Authority of Jesus mean to you and your life.

He has all the Authority over my life and that I should give in to Him fully and allow Him to work in my life

• 2 weeks later...

What does the Ancient of Days grant to the Son of Man?

The Son of Man was given authority, glory and sovereign power.

Why do you think Jesus used the title of “Son of Man,” even though most didn’t understand its importance?

The title of Son of Man was used to show distinction between God and the prophesied Messiah. Title full of divinity and glory and power.

What does Jesus’ authority mean to you and to your life?

Jesus authority mean to me and my life is that because he has authority, dominion and power he is someone who I should exalt and praise.

•  
  •  

• 11 months later...

Q25. (Daniel 7:13-14) What does the Ancient of Days grant to the Son of Man?

Jesus Christ is granted the authority and power of being the King of the unshakable Kingdom having authority, dominion and power over all creation.

Why do you think Jesus used the title of "Son of Man" even though most didn't understand its importance?

Jesus used the title, “Son of Man” because, though being Son of God, he came into the world born of a woman in human form hence the name Son of man.

What does Jesus' authority mean to you and your life?

Jesus is my King and Lord hence, I have a duty to submit to his Kingship over my life.

Q25. (Daniel 7:13-14) What does the Ancient of Days grant to the Son of Man? Why do you think Jesus used the title of “Son of Man,” even though most didn’t understand its importance? What does Jesus’ authority mean to you and to your life?

Authority, glory, and power.

He was human in the flesh.

Jesus has authority over me and I should obey him to the fullest.  

• 1 year later...

The "Ancient of Days: a title for Yahweh, King of the throne, granted the "Son of Man" authority, glory, and sovereign power.

Jesus use the title "Son of Man" because He was to take on the form of a human being in order to relate to other human beings on earth and to be the sacrifice for their sin when He took our sins upon Himself on the cross.

Jesus' authority means that He will rule over my life when I surrender it to Him.  He has the power to forgive me of my sin, heals me from all my disease, keep me in perfect peace in the midst of the turmoil of this world, to make me righteous and to ensure that I enjoy eternity with Him one day.

• 3 weeks later...

Q25. (Daniel 7:13-14)

• What does the Ancient of Days grant to the Son of Man?
    • The ancient of days granted the son of man authority, glory and sovereign power as prophesied in  (Daniel 7:13c-14a)
  • Why do you think Jesus used the title of "Son of Man" even though most didn't understand its importance?
    • I think the use of this term highlights his human as well as Godly nature and thus acknowledging that he is the the Son of Man spoken of in Daniel's prophecy
  • What does Jesus' authority mean to you and your life?
    • It means Jesus is in control of my life, though sometimes I err and disobey that authority in pursuit of my own carnal needs