JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q27. Cross

Pastor Ralph

• 3 months later...

Q1. Jesus has saved us from our sins by dying on the cross for us. Jesus was the only one who could do this for us because He was the only one who was without sin. Therefore Jesus was the only one acceptable to God to pay the price for us. Our forgiveness is a free gift from Jesus but we have free will and we can accept it by turning from our sin and following Jesus or we can ignore the things of God and walk away.

Q2.Jesus became our scapegoat and took our place on the cross.

Q3.In the-times of  Mosaic law people brought sacrifices to be burnt and offered up to God in atonement for their sins. Jesus became our Sacrifice, offered to God for the forgiveness of our sins. It was a Sacrifice  offered once for all time, unlike the Mosaic law which demanded sacrifice every year of ones life.

Jesus has saved us from our sins by taking the punishment of them upon Himself. We are no longer held accountable for the payment of them since Jesus has taken care of that transaction before God.

God laid on Jesus the burden of punishment for our sin. We cannot pay that debt because of our sinfulness.  Only the spotless lamb could satisfy the debt. God laid on Jesus all the punishment mankind deserves. The debt has been paid!

The sacrifices for sin were to be perfect, spotless, unblemished. Jesus is all those things. On the cross He satisfied the requirements for forgiveness and cleansing that allows us to have communion with God. 

I am so thankful that He bore the punishment for me! Truly that does bring peace and healing!!

A blessed Christmas to you, Dr. Wilson, and all those who have been studying together this last month. ❤️

Q27. (Matthew 1:21; Isaiah 53:4-6) In what sense has Jesus saved his people from their sins?

He carried my sin upon himself and die for me and humanity so that we not die in hell fire.

What does Isaiah 53:6 teach us about how Jesus saved us from our sins?

We stray away from God due to our sine and doomed for the death penalty, but God’s love for us led to the transfer of our sin to Jesus to nail them on the cross.

In what way is Jesus like a sacrifice for sins?

Just as in animal sacrifice where animals died for the sin of people, Jesus bore our on himself and died on the cross for me and you to have life eternal.

On 8/29/2021 at 3:12 PM, Pastor Ralph said:

Q27. (Matthew 1:21; Isaiah 53:4-6) In what sense has Jesus saved his people from their sins? What does Isaiah 53:6 teach us about how Jesus saved us from our sins? In what way is Jesus like a sacrifice for sins?

1. a.  He was born in human form to take our place on the cross of Calvary and pay for our sins, took our sorrows, pain, suffering and punishment instead of us.

b.  The Lord had laid on Him the iniquity of us all. He loved us so much, even when we strayed, Like the lost sheep, He continues to look for us to bring us back to Him.

c.  The wages of sin is death, which every human has committed.  Sin requires a sacrifice,  but not as in the old testament where bulls and lambs were sacrificed.  They could only cover sins and only for once every year, but Jesus, the perfect sacrifice takes away sin forever and for all by dying on the cross, going to hell for us, resurrection and ascension and is now seated at the Father's right hand accomplishing His mission.

Q27. (Matthew 1:21; Isaiah 53:4-6) In what sense has Jesus saved His people from their sins? What does Isaiah 53:6 teach us about how Jesus saved us from our sins? In what way is Jesus, like a sacrifice for sins? 
We cannot eliminate our sinful nature no matter how hard we try. Only Jesus can save us from our sin and its consequences; not to suffer the punishment we deserve, that is eternal death (Rom 6:23). He came to earth to die for our sins, in our place, to be our Saviour; to save us from the power and penalty of sin. This is called "substitutionary atonement." He saved His people by giving His life as a ransom for us. This happened because of our bondage to sin, and to set us free, He paid the ransom required with His life, thereby gaining our freedom from sin and punishment. His death satisfied all God’s righteous demands against sin – there was an exchange of our sin for His righteousness. This is only effective for those who accept our Lord Jesus Christ as their Saviour. In the Old Testament, people offered animals as sacrifices for their sins, in the same way God offered His Only Son as the sinless sacrificial Lamb that took away all sins - past, present, and future. Jesus suffered for our sake, bearing our sins to make us righteous before God. 

Jesus became the guilty and took on himself the punishment bearing it away from me.  
For me in Isaiah 53:6, Jesus was pierced for my transgressions, crushed for my iniquities.  He took on the punishments which brought me peace and by his wounds I am healed.

In what way is Jesus like a sacrifice for my sins.  Jesus became the Lamb of God who takes away the sins of the world, who takes away my sins.

Q27. (Matthew 1:21; Isaiah 53:4-6) In what sense has Jesus saved his people from their sins?

He did this by bearing our sins on Himself on the cross. 

He took our punishment on Himself

In the Mosaic law a spotless lamb was sacrificed for the sins of the people. It had to be done over and over again. Jesus, as the sinless, spotless Lamb of God offered Himself for me /us as a sacrifice, once and for all. 

• 2 weeks later...

Q.27 In what sense has   Jesus   saved His people from their sins? By dying  on the cross for them,  He paid price for their  sins 

What does Isaiah 53:6 teach us about how Jesus saved us from our sins? It teaches us that God laid up our sins on Jesus , and carried them on our behalf 

In what way is Jesus like a sacrifice for Sins?

His blood shed on the cross , not for His sins but fir our sins

• 2 weeks later...

In what sense has Jesus saved his people from their sins?

Jesus bore the guilt of our sins. He suffered on our behalf.

Christ was led to the slaughter for the sin of the world.

The Lamb of God, spotless without sin gave his life for us.

• 10 months later...

Q27. (Matthew 1:21; Isaiah 53:4-6) In what sense has Jesus saved his people from their sins? What does Isaiah 53:6 teach us about how Jesus saved us from our sins? In what way is Jesus like a sacrifice for sins?

He died on the  cross to save us from our sins and allow us to have peace and faith.

Jesus took our sins on him on the cross so that we could be saved. That was because he loved us so much.

The lamb of God shed his blood on the cross for us. His blood was spotless and powerful.

• 1 year later...

Q27. (Matthew 1:21; Isaiah 53:4-6)

• In what sense has Jesus saved his people from their sins?
    • Jesus has taken all the burden and his suffering brought us peace and healing
  • What does Isaiah 53:6 teach us about how Jesus saved us from our sins?
    • Jesus has sort of taken over all our sins and suffered for them in our place, he redeemed us 
  • In what way is Jesus like a sacrifice for sins?
    • The fact that he suffered all that and died on the cross instead of us the true transgressors, that makes him a sacrifice. he was some kind of scapegoat as described by Isaiah, he was beat mercilessly, then crucified in the most exquisite torture that the Romans could devise. At the foot of the cross his enemies mocked him.