JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

• 4 months later...
Guest Tabatha
Q4. (Ephesians 5:19-20) What kind of attitude should underlie our corporate singing? How is corporate singing designed to help us singers? How is it designed to worship God? How does singing in your own daily life help you worship?
When I come to the Lord in worship I want an attitude of respect and reverence to Him.I try to shut everything and everyone out to where it is just me and Jesus.

Corporate singing should be in unity where everyone is concentrating on Jesus and not looking around to see what everyone else is doing.

There are different types of singing. There is singing without thinking, there is singing with no feelings. and then there is singing from the heart of worship

When we are in a place of praise that is the outer courts, Then we come into a place worship in the inner courts. Then we go past the veil and worship with our whole being. It comes from the soul, from the heart nothing else matters but worshipping and loving God. Going into the Holies of Holies where is just you and God When the body comes into a place like this it is as though we are singing with the angels at the throne room.

In my daily life I get quiet before the Lord and ask the Holy Spirit to rise up in me in the song of the Spirit. It sets me free to here His voice and do what ever He asks. Daily private worship is just me and Jesus.

Q4. (Ephesians 5:19-20) What kind of attitude should underlie our corporate singing?

Our corporate singing should be underlied with thankfulness. All coming together to give God praise and thank Him for His grace and mercy.

How is corporate singing designed to help us singers? How is it designed to worship God?

It is designed to help us share in the experience of true worship. Even though we sing corporately, we can still worship God from our heart, as a true worshipper.

How does singing in your own daily life help you worship?

When we sing in our own daily life we give praise and honor to a holy God, mindful of giving praise to a God who is worthy of our praise.

Singing praises to God gives him all the recognition and glory of everything he has done for us and will do for us. Giving him praise shows our love and devotion to Our Creator. When we sing we feel it in our hearts because of the love we have and this is one way of many to demonstrate our love, thankfulness and devotion to God.

• 2 weeks later...

The attitude that should underlie our corporate singing is praise and thanks to God!

Corporate singing is a way we can worship with our brothers & sisters bringing more glory & praise to Him. (getting ready to sing with the church in heaven!!)

It's designed to be part of our worship--the Bible tells us that. It contains so many songs meant for many to sing by ourselves & with others. We sing from our hearts!

Singing for me changes any "down" attitudes I may have & gets my focus on God--where it should be. What a powerful way to worship God!

Q4. (Ephesians 5:19-20) What kind of attitude should underlie our corporate singing? How is corporate singing designed to help us singers? How is it designed to worship God? How does singing in your own daily life help you worship?

It should always be in the Spirit of givimg Praise and Glory to the Father. To put us into the Spirit of worship and thanksgiving.

It should first prepareus for worship and then to help us offer our selves as the children of God and and give thanks for the Son and His gift to us.

It remind me that the Father is always there for me and when I give Him praise He is there to help me.

A thankful heart and giving honor and praise to God through worship. Singing is a way of opening up the heart and mind to worship. True worship joins our spirit with God's Spirit and gives us a receptive spirit to be thankful to God . Singing keeps our spirit open to what the Holy Spirit has for us and will keep us in a closer walk with the Lord. Also with spiritual singing and worship, it keeps Satan and his cohorts at bay. Keeps us in an attitude of praise and thankfulness.

We should sing praises to God with honor in glorifying his name. When we sing together we should sing like the choirs in heaven when they worship God. In doing so we show God that we come together as a people to sing praises to his name, to give thanks, and show unity within as we share in praising and worshipping him. After studying Psalms one knows that God adores when we sing and praise him, he loves to hear us worship him and exalt him. Whether we sing in a group are along it pleases God to hear us lift up our voices in praise and worship to glorify his name. When we sing along it becomes a daily reminder of how often we should worship our father, he doesn't want to hear our voices only on Sunday, he loves hearing from us everyday. When doing this we begin to notice that it has a sustaining force that keeps us mindful of our father. It cleans and heals and keeps us obedient when we concentrate on our relationship with our father.

1) An attitude of "Thanksgiving". We should always enter into God's Throne Room with Thanksgiving.

2)Corporate singing is worshiping with our brothers and sisters in the Lord. Singing together in unity.

3) Singing is how we worship God together in Church. We sing praises and glory to God our Father with our thoughts and spirit. Worship is the highlight of going to church. Hearing God's message from our Pastor is also so wonderful. When we worship God with song, insturments, etc., then God shows up and people are touched by God.

4)When we sing, we have a song in our heart. We are singing to the Lord daily. Listening to Worship music will help you draw near to God. Worship draws us near to God.

As an added note, if a person goes to church and does not worship they will most likely not get anything out of church service. Worship is what draws us into God's presence. We need to be in God's presence. There is no feeling so peaceful as being in God's presence. When we leave church, we need to take that feeling home with us.

We should sing in an attitute that glorifies God and also unites and builds us up as worhippers.

God inhabits our worship. As we sing psalms, hymns etc, our souls are lifted up to be receptive to the presence of Go

We should sing in an attitute that glorifies God and also unites and builds us up as worhippers.

God inhabits our worship. As we sing psalms, hymns etc, our souls are lifted up to be receptive to the presence of God. At this stage we are spiritually activated to worship God with all our hearts, the manner He appreciates.

Singing helps me worship God easier as I choose songs with words that exalt the Lord which may not just come automatically from me. As I do this, I feel so warmly connected to the Lord.

There should be a hunger for the body of Christ to sing together, as one. This builds us up as a unit and together we reach the throne room of God as we worship Him with song. The Holy Ghost moves throughout and we are bathed in His sweet annointing, becoming mesmerized by the Spirit and growing together in harmony. Being created for His praise, we are a sweet smelling savor to our God, bringing Him joy and gladness as we lift up His holy name, as only He is worthy.

There is freedom in song and in so doing we release stress, pressure, anxiety and welcome joy and gladness and the power of the Holy Ghost.

We should have attitude of Joy, thankfulness to God and encouragen\ment of others. Instead of whinning and complaining - while our culture has raised to an art form - we are to focus on the goodness of God and His mercies toward . Thank God , not for your problems but fot the strength He is building in you through the difficult experiences of your life.You can be sure that God's Perfect Love will see you through.

Our attitude should be one of praise, honor and glorifying God. Jehovah God should be our main focus. We are to build, lift up and not tear down. We should always be thankful in all things, even when we are trouble. Even more so when we are going through. We might just praise ourself right out of our problem. Singing is worshipping and praise. Singing is also a ministry; singing in the spirit. We want to worship in the spirit and the truth and not just from the lips.

Our attitude should be one of deep thankfulness to our gracious and loving God and to worship Him in spirit and in truth. God wants our all not just lip service.

The fullness of the Spirit will find manifestation in fellowship whenever Christians are found together, and will be given joyful expression in song and praise.

Every expression of Christian joy is welcomed, and all should come from the heart but i think Paul here is instructing we should be giving thanks in all circumstances. God the Father is the source of all blessings, and thus to be Himself blessed, Eph.1:3, so through our praise and worship,[and other ways], we are thanking Him.

To me worship is just a part of giving glory to God, He wants us to be showing our gratitude in other ways to, sharing the gospel, prayer, ministering to others, edifying brothers and sisters in Christ. Worship is important too but we can't just do that without the rest of what we are commanded to do.

We should display an attitude of reverence in our corporate singing. Our focus should be on worshipping God without being distracted.

Corporate singing is designed to help us singers(as well as those of us who can't carry a tune) because it gives us a small taste of what it will be like when we all come before God to worship Him in heaven.

Corporate singing is designed to worship God because the hymns and spiritual songs we sing are designed so our focus is on God.

Singing in my own daily life helps me worship because it prepares me for prayer.

Our attitude should be of praise, thankgiving, joy and of worship unto God.

I believe that corporate singing help us to worship together as one body, everyone worshiping together.

Singing in our own daily life in worship bring ou closer into the presence of God.

• 3 weeks later...

The kind of attitude that should underlie our corporate singing is of thankfulness.

Corporate singing is designed to help us singer by a way that each of us is encouraged to bring a hymn or some other contribution from the Spirit, so that we build up one another.

Corporate singing is designed to worship God by a way that it's songs are praises to God.

Singing in our daily life helps me worship by a way that our songs we sing and musics we make are to God in form of praises or thankfulness

• 1 month later...

The attitude that should underlie our corporate singing is praise, love, and thankfulness. It helps us by bringing us together and lifting us up. Singing is a way to worship God - it brings us close to Him, it communicates to Him, it lifts us up, it brings joy, it puts us closer to God.

• 1 month later...

Q4. (Ephesians 5:19-20) What kind of attitude should underlie our corporate singing?

We should have an attitude of Worship.

How is corporate singing designed to help us singers?

To prepare us for Worship.

How is it designed to worship God?

We are singing His Praises.

I love listening to Praise Music, it

• 1 month later...

we should pour out all that we are before the lord. as far as singing, i sound like a yak with razor burn. but to god it is symphony. and if i close my eyes, i not only shut the world out, but also the painful looks i get from injuring the ears around me. so what do i say? go ahead and belt it out. the tune may need some work but you just may encourage someone else with the words, edify the body, i say.when it all comes down you have to ask yourself, what's he worth to you? so go ahead and let loose.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

thanksgiving songs to God.this reference might also be to spontaneous singing in the spirit.

• 2 months later...

One of wholehearted worship of the Lord....which may include joy, ecstasy, tears....but always focused on Him in thankfulness and the desire to adore Him. Sometimes it is a sacrifice of praise when the heart is heavy-laden with sorrow.

How is corporate singing designed to help us singers?

It's meant to build us up and encourage us...it's a unifying factor as our voices intermingle the harmonies and the gender tones...singing the same song, or singing in the Spirit, it's awesome....and if my voice isn't so hot, as I make a joyful noise, the off key sounds still mingle with those with beautiful voices, and it all sounds great to the Lord!

How is it designed to worship God?

One of the verses I've come to love since I've had revelation on it, is Hebrews 2:12 : "For He (Jesus) says, I will declare Your (the Father's) Name to my brethren; in the midst of the (worshipping) congregation, I (Jesus) will sing hymns of praise to You (the Father)." So as I open my mouth to sing/worship, Jesus uses my vocal cords to worship His Father through me...what an awesome motivation to praise! My heart joins His heart and we worship the Father together!!!

I'm praising and thanking God for leading us to a worshipping church when I was eager to become a worshipper, not just a polite singer of the few choruses for 10 minutes as in previous churches...this church worships for an hour, and is a joyful, wonderful thing, and is I believe, one of the reasons for the powerful healing and deliverance which happens every Sunday in the services.

It lifts me out of the "petition" mode, to thanksgiving and praise. Good question! It reminds me I haven't been singing much in my daily life....I plan to sing more! It's hard to stay weary and burdened when I sing and worship. ;):lol: