JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q4. Head Over All Things for the Church

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That Christ is head over everything for the church means that He is over the church, we are the body but HE rules over the church as head.

This says that the church has unlimited power according the God's will and purpose for His church. That He enables us with all His power to accomplish what His perfect will entails.

Christ is head over everything, for the church. The church is Christs' body, we are members of the church we are a part of that body, The power of the church is more then I can comprehend for the church is God's foundation, Christ is the cornerstone, the church is owned by God, Jesus leads it and builds it through us and His Spirit, Jesus imparts power to us and gifts for which we can serve. There is nothing the church can't do that is good and of the will of God.

4a.)  (Ephesians 1:23) What does it mean for us Christians that Christ is "head over everything for the church"?

Exposition

1a.) "to bring all things in heaven and on earth together under one head, even Christ." 1:10 Jesus is ruler over all created things--humans, angels, spirit beings, animals, the earth and the universe. Some may recognize this as unity of command.

4b.)  What does this say about the Church's power? Exposition

1b.) The church's power is infinite, and available to us if we are working toward Christ's mission and purpose. We are open and obedient to His will.

:P We must understand the mighty power which the Chjristians received when they are converted and which leads them to live to their Redeemer's glory. Christ fills the church with gifts and blessings therefore the Church should be the expression of Christ who Himself flills everything.

What does it mean for us Christians that Christ is "head over everything for the church"? What does this say about the Church's power?

It means that we as Christians have a duty to Christ. We are to continue in His work on this earth .. preaching the gospel and healing the sick.

This says the church has the power of Jesus and is capable of showing others the kingdom of God here on earth.

Through Christ we have all the power of the God head availabe to us as we submit to His will and are obedient to His teaching.

Progrmas and activities are important for every church but they will be inaffective if we do not spend time on our knees and humble ourselves before him, only then will He work through us.

What does it mean for us Christians that Christ is "head over everything for the church"? What does this say about the Church's power? ;) Just as the natural body cannot live nor operate without the head, its the same with the Church. Jesus "heads-up", rules, and guides the Church today.! The head is where the mind is located (we are to have the mind of Christ) The true church of Christ must rely and be guided by the head, which is Jesus, Himself! I'm sure everyone reading this has at one time, or another, stepped out into something without seeking the guidance of the Lord; and needless to say, learned the hard way, that we need to seek God in our decisions. The same is true for God's "House", the Church. It must abide in Him to fullfill it's mission, and seek Him in prayer to complete it. The power bestowed by our Lord upon the Church has been neglected, in some way's, down through the years. (forgive me, if you don't agree) We have allowed the world to convince us that we need to be more like them, to win the lost, forgetting that we are a "called out people". I look forward to the day when God's Church realize's who she is, and what she is capable of, through Him! :lol:

What it says about the church's power is the fact that it's power and authority comes not from man but from Jesus Christ and, therefore, from God. And because the authority comes from God, we follow the commandments that have been created and given to us not by man, but by God Himself.

For christian it mean that Christ has plans for the church. As the body of Christ we will be use in the exercising of his power and authority. Each member is involved with all of the others as they go about doing Christ's work on earth. Our purpose and misson is the same as Christ.

(Ephesians 1:23) What does it mean for us Christians that Christ is "head over everything for the church"? What does this say about the Church's power? Exposition

(Ephesians 1:23) What does it mean for us Christians that Christ is "head over everything for the church"? What does this say about the Church's power?

That Christ is rule over the body and he has all the authority..This says that the church has the same power that Christ has but he is the one who deserves all the glory and honor...Without him, we as christians can't do anything. :)

Christ is the head of the Church and we are the body of His Church.Therefore Christ is over all of us as believers.We are all one in Christ<The Church">and "One Body".Christ will use the Church in the exercise of his power and authority.The Church has "Power"~~the strength or the authority to act or to accomplish His will in the Body of Christ Jesus

I think that the emphasis is on Christ being the head - not any humanly devised structure.

It would be very sad if a church were to exclude Christ from its organisation, its mission goals and its decision-making processes. After all, the Church represents Christ in the world. The Church is Christ's body and should always bring glory to its head. Where Christ is head over everything for the Church, the Church will surely grow spiritually and increase numerically.

As Christ is head of the Church, we are submitted to Him. As we submit ourselves to His leading, the resurrection power (dunamis) is given to the church and unity begins to happen. It is only when we have submitted our selves, our lives, our plans to Christ can His will go forth which is the power of the gospel unto salvation. He empowers us to do His will. With out the Head, the body of Christ can not function so we must be sure that our lives and our wills line up with that of the Leader who is Christ.

It means that if God is going to have hands they will be our hands. If the head is to be taken around the world it is we who will be taking Him.

The church is Christ's body - the very fullness of Him who fulfills everything in every way. Christ is the head of the church - His church - Christ's church. No denomination has the chair at the right hand of God - Christ does! Christ has the supreme power even today. All we have to do is ask!

Head over everything?

Church's Power?

I see this as meaning The BODY... the body of CHRIST... being the CHURCH. We as a body of Christ have the POWER and if God is the King/Ruler over the Body; Head, mind, Wisdom, Knowledge, Understanding... then all power belongeth to the Body.

We; as of the world take this to mean the Church as a Religious Organization... a King to which we allow to Rule over us... the World. The World and it's Religious Organization has nothing to do with the true Church... the Body... Christ. You will always know who is Ruler/King over your body and the world will know who you serve. Lv, sunshine :P

I recall when our Church was asking the state Gov. for a parcel of land. We were then using a school classroom for worship.

Our request was late by all standards since the whole place was already allocated. But as the Pastor of the Chuch, this scripture encouraged me and gave me extraordinary confidence.

We approached and succeeded in getting the land. Christ is our big Boss. Members, go ahead and do exploits.

:o 1ab) Christ is the power and the head of all the power that the church recieves.

Q4. (Ephesians 1:23) What does it mean for us Christians that Christ is "head over everything for the church"?

I remember seeing a poster that said something like

B) CHRIST IS OUR HEAD SUCH AS THE HEAD OF THE BODY PROVIDES NOURSIHMENT AND DIRECTION TO THE BODY SO IT IS WITH OUR LORD HE PROVIDES THE CHURCH WITH NOURSIHMENT FOR THE SOUL AND DIRECTION FOR THE CHURCH, WITHOUT HIS GUIDANCE WE THE CHURCH ARE LIKE THE BLIND LEADING THE BLIND. I WAS AMAZED WHEN I READ THIS AND I WAS ILUMINATED BY THE SPIRIT , THAT THE POWER THE CHURCH HAS IS THE SAME POWER THAT "RESURECTION POWER" THAT RAISED OUR LORD FROM THE GRAVE. AWESOME . WHAT A MIGHTY PRIVELEDGE AND RESPONSIBLILTY WE HAVE AS BELIEVERS.