JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q4. Seven Commonalities that Unite Us

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

;) One body, one hope, one Spirit, one Lord, one faith, one baptism, one God and Father. One God as it is He who is the foundation and conclusion of all the others. One Lord as His death put the rest in motion. With these elements given proper consideration is your life the others will fall into their proper places.

(Ephesians 4:4-6) What are the seven elements that unite all Christians mentioned in verses 4 through 6?

One of each .. body, Spirit, calling, Lord, faith, baptism, God and Father

Which one or two are most compelling to you? Why?

I suppose the most compelling would be 'calling' .. without the calling, none of the other can work in our lives .. And faith, which brings about knowledge of the rest.

One Body

One Spirit

One Hope

One Lord

One Faith

One Baptism

One God and Father

Which one or two are most compelling to you? Why?:

If I had to choose the two most compelling are: One God and Father and One Hope... These are the two elements that confirm to me that we have hope in our Lord Jesus Christ.

ONE GOD/LORD/MASTER/KING

ONE SPIRIT/BAPTISM

ONE FAITH/HOPE

ONE BODY/MIND/HEART

ONE CALLING

MOST COMPELLING... ONE GOD/LORD/MASTER/KING/SPIRIT/BODY/MIND/HEART AND HOPE.

KNOWING THAT EACH ONE OF US ARE BEING MADE PERFECT BY HIM and not by our own efforts;

except one, which is Willingness... I hope for the things He desires for us; to die of the flesh and be manifested Whole in Him. Lv, sunshine

The seven elements~~One Body,One Spirit,One Hope,One Lord,One Faith<One Baptism,One God and Father of us all.They are all compelling to me.They all pull us in together in unity of the Church.All seven,which is a number of completion.This is how we maintain the unity of the spirit as believers.

What are the seven elements that unite all Christians?

One body - of which each believer is a part

One Spirit - which all Christians have indwelling them

One hope - to live eternally with God, forgiven

One Lord - Jesus Christ, our common Lord

One faith - that Christ died for our sins, was buried and on the third day was raised

One baptism - the ceremony demonstrating to all our desire to be united with Christ

One God and Father- from whom we all have our beginning

Which one or two are most compelling to you and why?

I have chosen One Lord and One Faith because these two elements are the foundation of my theology. That is, that Jesus is truly God in human form, fully human, but much more - at the same time fully divine. This is most completely demonstrated for me in the Easter event. All of the other elements of course are almost as important in building up my faith, but the two I have chosen are the cornerstone, foundation, basis, starting point for what I believe.

One Body-We are one body in Christ!

One Spirit-To born again christian. The Holy Spirit is our guide, teacher and lead us in all truth.

One Hope-Everlasting hope in Jesus Christ

One Lord-Jesus Christ; Lord of lords, King of kings

One Faith-We believe Jesus is the son of God, He died and rose the third day.HE WILL RETURN.

One Baptism-United with Christ thru baptism.

One Faith-Only true and living God

It is hard to pick the most compelling element. I picked "one Lord" because He was willing to give his life that we might live eternally. What greater love is there that one lay down his life for his brother. Lord I thank you for uniting us as one body in Christ.

I ejoyed this part that we could have had a study on all the elements. Think about, maybe in the future. so much to learn

4a.) (Ephesians 4:4-6) What are the seven elements that unite all Christians mentioned in verses 4 through 6?

4a.) The body (church); one Spirit (Holy Spirit); one hope, one Lord, Jesus; one faith (by grace), one baptism (in the Spirit), and one God (Yahweh), who is Father of all.

4b.)  Which one or two are most compelling to you?

4b.) Our God.

4c.)  Why?

4c.) He loved us so much that he reached down to us, filthy rags as we are; gave us the greatest gift, through the ultimate sacrifice of His Son, Jesus. All we need do is say, "Yes." Yes, to Jesus! To accept the gift without any conditions. :rolleyes:

There's that perfection number again...7. I think when I read it like that, I can see that we are one with God....He being the head and we the body ....each member growing into perfection....overcoming by the Spirit, having hope in the Lord because through the faith and baptism, we are his own body being healed and made perfect. It makes our imperfections seem almost trivial because I see that there is no way as a member of the body, I will not grow into that perfection. I also have new insight into not judging other members of the same body...They and I are one in Christ.....melded together into the same hope of perfection being worked through us by Christ.

Q4. (Ephesians 4:4-6) What are the seven elements that unite all Christians mentioned in verses 4 through 6? Which one or two are most compelling to you? Why? Exposition

The seven elements that unite all Christians in Ephesians 4:4-4:6 are:

1. One Body

2. One Spirit

3. One Hope

4. One Lord

5. One Faith

6. One Baptism

7. One God and Father of all

What is compelling to me is that God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit are all listed (7 Father, 4, 2) along with God as the complete Trinity (7 God). The other elements in the list are Body (soma), Hope, Faith, and Baptism. To me this just screams of the Great Commission. Matthew 28:18-20 'Then Jesus came to them and said, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age." '

The 7 elements that unite all Christians are

one body-the body of Christ, the universal church

one spirit-all true Christians have the Holy Spirit in common

one hope-the hope of living eternally with God and Jesus

one lord-Jesus:our Lord, Master,Savior, and Leader

one faith-Faith in Christ's resurrection

one baptism-thru baptism we are united to Christ

one God and Father of us all-God is the Father of all Christians

The most compelling of these to me is-one hope. The fact that one day we will forever in heaven with Jesus is just too awesome to comprehend. Whether or not Jesus returns at the begginning, the middle, or the end of the tribulation is irrelevent. The important thing is that He is coming back to take us home with Him.

The seven elements are one of each: body, Spirit, the calling of one hope, Lord, faith, baptism, God and Father of all. For me the most compelling are my Lord and my faith because no man or woman comes to the Father except through our Lord Jesus Christ and my faith because without it, I would have no understanding of the body , the Spirit , or the baptism or the one hope to which I was called. lmc

Q4. (Ephesians 4:4-6) What are the seven elements that unite all Christians mentioned in verses 4 through 6?

One Body; One Spirit; One Hope; One Lord; One Faith; One Baptism; and one God who is Father of all.

Which one or two are most compelling to you?

One God and one Body.

Why?

Because we are called to Love the Lord our God with ALL our heart, soul and mind and to Love our neighbour as ourselves. :rolleyes:

Q4. (Ephesians 4:4-6) What are the seven elements that unite all Christians mentioned in verses 4 through 6?

These are:

One body

One Spirit

One Hope

One Lord

One Faith

One Baptism

One Lord and Father of all

Which one or two are most compelling to you? Why?

The one which is most compelling is that we have one God and Father-this is because if we belong to one household we need to live as one family under one Father.

One Body, One Spirit, One Hope, One Lord, One Faith, One Baptism, One God and Father

One God is the most compelling because it is through our Lord that we are united as a body. One faith is also compelling for me because it shows that no matter what sect we are a part of, as long as we believe in the Lord and that Jesus Christ is our salvation, we are still united as one.

The seven elements that unite all Christians are: one body, one spirit, one hope, one Lord - Jesus Christ, one faith, one Baptism, one God and Father of us all.

All Christians are together in one body of Christ.

One Holy Spirit speaks to the hearts of all Christians, helping them to understand God's will.

All Christians have one hope to live eternally with God the Father when they pass on - eternal life rather than eternal death.

One Lord Jesus Christ who came to earth to die for our sins that we might have everlasting liofe with God the Father.

There is a single doctrine believed by all Christians, one faith - assurance of eternal life with God the Father when this life on earth is ended.

All Christians believe that we are united with Christ through Baptism. We should not become bogged down with the way baptism in done or the age at which it takes place.

Lastly, all Christians believe in God the Father of us all, both Jews and Gentiles as spoken of in the scriptures. Jews become Christians by recognizing that Jesus is the Messiah. Gentiles may become saved by learning of Jesus and belieiving that He provides the forgiveness of sins by His death on the cross, providing reconciliation with God the Father.

One God and Father of us all is the most important.The others all bring about our understanding of Him - His gifts to us, freely given. As a reading teacher, I call God, the Father, the main idea and the other elements are the supporting details. God the Father is the Lord and creator of the univers, gave us His Son, Jesus, to be the supreme sacrifice for our sins, that we might have eternal life with Him when the world became wicked and knew Him not!

One body,one Spirit, one hope, one Lord, one faith, one baptism, one God and Father of all. most compelling is one hope that we will have an eternal home with our Lord and Father if we live our lives that is pleasing to the Lord and give Him all the glory and honor.

The seven elements that unite all Christians areone body, one spirit, one hope, one Lord, one faith, one baptism, and one God and Father of all.

The two that is compelling to me are: (1) one body, because we are many members serving but only one body for all the members, and (2) one faith, although we are of different denominations we all have that "now faith" as stated in Hebrews 11:1 "Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen".

Why? Because one day we will all die, but we can have that blessed assurane of faith that we serve a God above all gods and we will have that hope that we are going to spend eternity with him if we let him abide in us and we abide in his word. :D

:) The seven elements that unite all Christians are that we are one body, one spirit, one hope; one Lord, one faith, one baptism and One God and Father of us all. As long as we remember and focus on the fact that we all have a common denominator and that is Jesus. We are all in this race to run for Jesus. If we love God then we love each other. We are one if the Spirit of Jesus.

The most compelling two to me is that there is One God and Father and that there is one hope. There is no other God above our God. He is the only one who created heavens and earth and us. The hope for is that there is only one God and that he is the only one who can save our souls. Saints. That is good news. That we have one and only one God who is divine and that the hope He gives us is that we will have eternal life with him. :D