JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q1. Revelation Hymns

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest jesus4al

:) There are many wonderful Hymns perhaps drawn from the book of Revelation. The first one that comes to mind is "Thou Art Worthy". Then The Doxology which stresses praises to God from Heavenly Host as well as Creatures here below. Then Gloria Patri, stressing Glory to The Father.

I love to read you're thoughts on these wonderfully provocative questions, my fellow Christians. When I came on line this morning, it looks like I'm the first one to answer ... so, Good Morning! Love Bro. Al

There are a lot of great songs listed so far.

In one of my hymnals that lists songs by scripture passages it has:

(all basec on Book of Revelations -

As one unknown - 1:15; Alleluial Sing to Jesus - 5:9,10; Worthy is the Lamb - 5:9-14;

Outside of verse 4 & 5

Streams of Living Water - 7:17; Alleluial Alleluial Let the Holy Anthem Rise - 21:1-4; and 22:1-5

Michael Card does one titled "The Lamb is the Lion" which by it's title one would think it relates to Revelation but doesn't after listening to it again.

God Bless

Richard

Q1. Many Christian hymns, songs, and choruses come from Revelation chapters 4 and 5. Which can you think of

There are many hymns, songs and choruses that come from the book of RevelationThe ones that come to the front of my mind are Be Thou My Vision, Come before His Presence, Holy, Holy, Holy, Glory, and Honor, and Praise, Crown Him with Many Crowns, The Lion of Judah, To God be the Glory, Give Thanks, Thou are Worthy, Praise God's name, Fervent Prayer, Glory to Thy Name, Nothing but the Blood of Jesus, Standing on the Promises of Christ my Savior.

It was interesting to search Revelation 4 & 5 it really made them come alive for me as I looked for songs that might have come from those two chapters, I will probably go most of the night singing them, thanks for having us put praise in our hearts. . .I am interested to see what other songs are hidden within :ph34r:

Many hymns could be listed: Holy, Holy, Holy; Oh for a Thousand tongues to sing; He is worthy; the Hallelujah Chorus; and others. I'm repeating, I know, but was later answering the question than others. I love all those listed! How wonderful it is to sing His praises! I look forward to joining in the choirs of heaven one day to praise Him!

:( I am late in getting started on this study because I had another project that had to be completed first. But now I am here. I see that the first responders have taken the best songs already but there are plenty more. I will just give a few. "Come, Now is the Time to Worship", Shout to the Lord", "My JESUS, My SAVIOR", "A Mighty Fortress is our GOD", "Amen, Praise and Glory", "JESUS, Name Above All Names". That is enough for now. I will leave others for other people to name. It is good to be back. :rolleyes:

Holy, Holy, Holy, Lord God Almighty

Pure and Holy is the Lamb of God

Worthy, Worthy,Worthy, Lord God Almighty

True and Just are Thy ways.

The resounding Rejoicing of the Heavens... many a song has come from the inspiration of the Holy Spirit and scripture.

Many more are sounding in the Attentive Ear of God... who has put a song not heard by others upon their hearts.

Oh, sing unto the Lord all ye peoples.

sunshine

There are so many joyful/poignant songs based on Revelation 4 & 5, many of which are already listed. Here are a few of my favorites:

Holy is the Lamb

Worthy is the Lamb

Worthy of all praise

The Lion and the Lamb

You are worthy

Worthy, You are worthy

:rolleyes: God Bless,

Julie

I atttend a traditional church but a contemporary service. It is so refreshing to see that even today we draw on the Bible for our lyrics. The first time I read the Bible and recognized song lyrics I was estactic. Anyway some songs I recognize are

Holy, Holy, Holy,

Crown Him with Many Crowns

You are Holy

Worthy is the Lamb

Victory Chant (Hail Hail Lion of Judah)

blessings and peace to all

susan

Desiree, I'd like to say how sorry I am to hear about your Grandmother, my prayers are with you.

OK, a couple of my favorites;

Ten Thousand Years (all time favorite!)

Nothing but the Blood

He Lives!!!

Hallelujah, We shall rise!!

OOPS! I guess my age is showing! :lol:

Q1. Many Christian hymns, songs, and choruses come from Revelation chapters 4 and 5. Which can you think of?

I think many Christian hymns, songs, and choruses come from Revelation chapter 4 and 5. For now I can think of some hymns, they are:

Holy, Holy, Holy

Worthy is the Lamb that Was Slain

Majesty

Hallelujah to the Lamb

God Bless You....

There are many Christian Hymns sang in many diffrent ways in our churches of today.My Church sings contemporary worship songs.There are some beautiful songs out that Christian Artists sing of today, as well as beautiful songs from our Church Hymn Books.A few contemporary worship songs are "Mercy Seat","To Him Who Sits On The Throne"There is also one called "Holy Holy Holy"which sings about train of the bride.Also our Hymn Books has songs of Victory,Redemption,Deliverance.Celebration,Thankfulness,Salvation,and many more.As we sing these songs of praise and worship we should sing them from the heart,praising God.Sing to Him with love and being thankful for what Jesus Christ has done for us in giving His life so we may live.Celebrate the victory.Amen

Guest carolehayden

5:12-13 Blessing and Honor 4:4 Holy,Holy 5:12-14 This Is The Feast of Victory 5:6-14 Crown Him With Many Crowns 4:8 Holy Is The Lord 4:11 Worthy of Worship 5:13 All Hail the Power of Jesus Name 5:9 For He Alone Is Worthy

Q1. Many Christian hymns, songs, and choruses come from Revelation chapters 4 and 5. Which can you think of?

Holy holy holy, Worthy is the Lamb, The burning bush, The Crystal Sea, Those golden bells, Blessed redeemer, Ten thounsand Angels, When the roll is called up yander.

:huh: There are so very many songs that came from the feelings of this chapter. Of course the one I immediately thought of was "Holy, Holy, Holy" This majestic song was used for the prcessional of every service in our Lutheran church and it always stirs me even to this day. To this I would add those that come to me quckly: Praise HIm, At the Name of Jesus, We Exalt You, O Give Thanks Unto the Lord, Thou Art Worthy, Crown Him with Many Crowns, All Hail King Jesus and I could go on and on. These are the ones we use often in our praise and worship service so they come to mind quickly. We have such a wonderful way to exalt our Lord through our praise and worship.

The above posted answer was not entered under my name. Didn't notice that I was not signed in as it is usually automatic. Anyway that is me.

:D

The Doxology and the Hallejuah Course from Messiah.

All Glory to Jesus

All Things Praise Him

Day of Judgement, Days of wonder

Hallelujah, What a Savior

Approach, my soul, the mercy seat

Lamb of God our souls adore thee