JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q4. Reigning with Christ

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think only those humbled and serving .... those outstanding in their discipleship (picking up their torture stake and following his example even unto death) would join Christ in the heavenly kingdom that will rule over the new heavens and new earth. Those who 'reign' as Christ are like kings in the old sense... there to serve. In what sense could we reign... Presuming that those who are humbled to their deepest sense make it past or through to the new life.. reign again would be to serve as Christ served, with a total lack of thought for self, and thus become exalted. Those who learn and teach/preach, those who are qualified if you like. become priests.. We may be a kingdom by the unity of our Faith.

:D Acceptance of Christ's sacrifice puts us equal to Him as children of God, the Father. Through Jesus we are made worthy to reign with Him. Just as He is an intercessor so shall we become priests along side Him. We are a kingdom of corporate believers dependent on each other and working together in the new heaven and new earth. Each of us must be a building stone. a part of the completion of the kingdom of God.

I looked to see what J vernon McGee had to say about reigning. " "A kingdom and priests" refers to the tribulation saints. The church will not reign on the earth but over the earth." Over was in italics. I looked up priest which Webster said "a person whose office it is to perform religious rites". So we will reign with Christ the High Priest. We will be made perfect no more sin and perform priestly duties. It is hard to comprehend and I personnally have a hard time understanding all this except the priests served God and we will serve God and perform priestly duties. We will be in His presence. We are of HIs Kingdom as the church. It certainly gives us a hint as to our responsibilities while here to be priests to Him and to learn so wewill be better able to reign with Him in glory. I think I have a long way to go.

God Bless

Jen

Through what Jesus has accomplished as a sacrifice for us. His blood was shed for all mankind that we may be made priests to rule in the earth. We shall serve our God as rulers here on earth.

I is nothing that we have done for ourselves but what was accomplished on the cross by what Jesus did for us. He has given us the power and authority to rule. Do we use this power and authority to honor Him.

It is our destiny to rule with the all authority given to us by Jesus.

All Glory and Honor to Him who is seated on the throne at the right hand of the Father.

Glory to God in the Highest. :rolleyes:

As a body of believers, we are God's Kingdom, and through His enabling, we will serve Him. I find it hard to understand our being rulers on the new earth. I know He can enable us to do whatever He wills, but I don't feel like I could be a "ruler"! Unless, as someone has said, it means as one who serves others. I only know that we will be with Him--and that He will use us as He desires. For me, that's all I need to know until the time I meet Him face to face!

Q4. (Revelation 5:10) How can our destiny as believers include reigning? In what sense could we reign? In what sense do we serve as priests? In what sense are we a kingdom?

How can our destiny as believers include reigning?

If we obey God and keep His covenants we will be a special treasure to Him. (Exodus 19;6-7) Jesus Christ holds the title of High Priest, King of Kings and because He was slain and redeemed us by His blood to God He has the right to exercise Sovereign power to His chosen people.

In what sense could we reign?

Jesus Christ will transform our lowly body that it may be conformed to His glorious body

Rev. 20:6

Guest ckghayden

Believers will have eternal life and will reign with Christ in his kingdom. They will receive crowns and rule over some aspect of his kingdom. This priviledge must not forget we are there by grace and he is due all our unceasing praise forever and ever. We should now be praising God unceasingly instead of always asking for things and such.

Q. 4 (Revelation 5.10) How can our destiny as believers include reigning? In what sense could we reign? In what sense do we serve as priests? In what sense are we a kingdom?

:rolleyes:Wow, that is a tough question to ask this side of glory. I know it says we will but it is difficult to imagine for a sinner like me who tries but still cannot make it to think of as being in a reigning position. I know we are the Kingdom of God, those who believe in Him, that He is the Son of the Living God. :DI feel as if I am rambling here but I am attempting to sort this out as I go along. Jesus will enable us to do whatever he wants us to do and I know He can do whatever He wishes. :rolleyes:I am just looking forward to the day I can be with Him to see what He has in store. Won't it be GRAND!!! :D

I am still trying to figure out in what sense we will serve as priests. I looked up the duties of priests before Christ became our perfect High Priest. There were many of which many are oudated but they were in charge of worship and put much time and care into the practice of worship. Also 1 Peter 2:9 But ye are a chosen generation a royal priesthood an holy nation a peculiar people that ye should show forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light. So I think in the sense of worship and praise we may serve as priests each with things to do. His kingdom will be perfect so I would imagine we will have plenty of duties as priests not inthe sense that the former priests had but it will be a joy to love our job our services. We will never tire of it. Never come home saying I'm beat or traffic was a bear.

God Bless

Jen

If we really sit back and contemplate what it means to be priests in the kingdom of God, it would blow our minds. We will be reigning with Jesus. If we study the duties of the Levites in the older testament we will see that their job was to tend to the temple/tabernacle of God, just as we will be doing with Jesus. When the law was given in Leviticus it was stated to ALL the people with the exception of a few instances, which says to me that someday we will have a major role as a priest. We do already on this earth, a priest can be viewed as someone who tends the tabernacle of God, making sure it is in top working order, telling others of our awesome God and providing for the folks seeking.

How the new Jerusalem will be is something we can't imagine. Our earthly minds can't picture this, because we are so human in thinking, but our training here on this earth is preparing us for future.

1 Corinthians 6:3 says we will judge the angels and Daniel 7:27 it says we will be given the kingdoms of the earth and heaven and all dominions shall serve and obey them when the end has come.

We are a kingdom, because we believe in the true Messiah, Jesus and we have agreed with God that we are sinners and in need of the blood covering of our Lord.

It will be glorious to see how we serve in the new kingdom!

Ephesians tells us "And God raised us up with Christ and seated us with him in the heavenly realms in Christ Jesus" (2:6). So in the Spirit we are already reigning! Halleluia!

I believe in the priesthood of all believers. Jesus is our High Priest, interceding for us before the Father. We are priests by being a servant to each other, caring for each other, loving each other, meeting each other's needs.

Every Christian is a part of the Body of Chirst. Therefore we are members of the Kingdom of God (Luke 17:21)

Blessings

:P Good afternoon my wonderful Sisters and Brothers, in The One Who has All Power. I want to say 'Thank You' again, to those who posted on this subject of "Reigning". You have brought tears to my eyes, again.

My Bible, Rev. 5:10 says: "And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth." As has been said already: We can practise all of this today. Be of service to God and our fellow man. Pray for each other. Demonstrate Christs Love.

Love ...Bro. Al

Jesus is now gathering us into His kingdom and making us priest and in the future will reign with Him. Christ's death made all believers priests of God-the channels of blessing between God and mankind. Jesus was slain, bought us with His blood, gathered us into a Kingdom, made us into priests and apppointed us to reign upon the earth.

I believe in the priesthood of all believers.  Jesus is our High Priest, interceding for us before the Father.  We are priests by being a servant to each other, caring for each other, loving each other, meeting each other's needs.

Marilyn, I could not have stated this more elequently. You took the "words" right out of my mouth!

How are we to serve and reign in the world -

after reading the posting here, I had to go back to the Catholic Rite of Baptism which states:

"God the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ has freed us from sin, and has given you a new birth by water and the Holy Spirit. He has made you Christians now, and has welcomed you into his holy people. As Christ was anointed ""Priest, Prophet and King"", so may you live always as members of his body, sharing everlasting life."

Through our common Trinitarian Baptism in our respected faith beliefs, we are called to be like Jesus, to be examples of the Good Word, to spread the Good Word and to act in humbleless to others as we strive to help them.

"Welcomed you into his Holy People" takes us back to our Judio-Christian roots with the covant God gave to the people of Israel and also to us today, we are his holy people.

Reign in the kingdom - a theology professor once stated that "the Kingdom of God is here and now, but not yet" It is here through the birth of Jesus, with us now through the Holy Spirit, but not yet till the second coming.

This was really a very thought provoking question so that's the reason for the last posting to it.

God Bless

Richard

The believers' song praises Christ for bringing them into the kingdom.As believers ,belonging to Christ kingdom,in the future we will reign over all the earth we will be included in reigning with Christ Jesus."With Jesus in the second coming".In Rev.5 verse 10 it says "You have made them to be a kingdom and priests to serve our God,

"And They Will Reign On The Earth".!

I would like to add from my studies.We are here on this earth "Now" to serve him" ,to serve the people of this world today ,giving them the message of salvation and hope.As priests,we are "Christian Leaders"As Christian leaders we should have a "Servants Heart"Ask the people you lead how you can serve them better.Also remember we are to love Jesus for what he has done for us,and to be willing to serve him with all our love.Blessings Linda

Q4. (Revelation 5:10) How can our destiny as believers include reigning? In what sense could we reign? In what sense do we serve as priests? In what sense are we a kingdom?

I could invision this to be as Jesus has done from the begining of time.

All things are brought to order under His Reign... therefore by us making Him King... chosen King... His Righteous and Just ways should be reigning in our lives today.

The word has laid it all out for us as an example of how He is Authority over all

and how through that Authority we should be toward one another.

Three things He has asked: Faith, Obedience and Love. In order to be able to Reign along side of Him; we will begin now with Him being our Lord; King in our lives... we will understand who has total Authority over all and Willingly in Obedience to His Authority.

A Priest's function was always to serve the people... pray to God... be in obedience... have a pure heart toward God and desires; and toward others... not only was he to teach the people in the ways of God, but also be a Priest who walked what he taught. Spiritually this is how we also are Priests, yet Jesus is the High Priest. All other priests' hold Him higher than themselves and follow in His ways; not of man.

A Kingdom has always had a Governing People over them... a King and chosen Authorities. God has always had Governing People over us. Depending upon whether or not the Governing People had God as their Head Authority would depend upon whether or not the people followed the Laws of God. We must remember now that those who Govern us we must be respectful of, but for us (even if God is not Head Authority over them in their eyes) we must have God as Head Authority over our lives.

I see God has been building His Kingdom from the begining and even though there are a few Kingdoms being built right now... when the time comes... we will be divided... the people will be separated... the dead shall rise... and one Kingdom will stand on the right hand of God and the other kingdom will stand on His left. The Decision will then be the Final Judgment. Who you serve today will determine the Kingdom you enter into. You and I know the other kingdom is where the Serpent dwells.

Helen/Sunshine

We can reign because we are heirs to God's kingdom.

Believers will be in control of the earth with Jesus-unlike the present position of believers on earth. HALLELUIAH!!

We serve as priests in that we are to spread the gospel-to make known the word of God .

I think we are a kingdom in the sense that we are a seperate people.

I still believe this is for us here on earth. I believe we are reigning now for we will reign which means we will be victorious, we will become stronger or more widespread, meaning that we are the elements of Gods Kingdom, we willl serve as priests, meaning we need to be set apart from the world, we need to do His will. We are Gods Kingdom here on earth for we submit to Gods rule in our lives, we have been reborn, I believe we willl reign now Kingdom of God, and we will reign in future Kingdom of Heaven which is present also for we are under Gods rule, and it is the hope of the future. :lol:

Being forgiven and joint heirs with Jesus, God the Father shall make us Kings and Priest to reign. We shall reign over the nations. We serve as priest by teaching others about Christ. Jesus is our King We are his chosen people we are in his kingdom.

He made us priest, and joint heirs with Jesus we will reign with him over nations and kings and priest by leading others to Christ, we serve as priest. We are his chosen people,therefore we are in the kingdom.

Exodus 19: 5-6, says "Now therefore, if we will obey my voice indeed, and keep my covenant, then ye shall be a peculiar treasure unto me above all people: for all the earth is mine, and ye shall be unto me a Kinkdom of priests, and a holy Nation. These are the words which thou shalt speak unto the children of Israel. The law contained three elements: (1) Commandments revealing the righteousness of God; (2) Judgments expressing social requirements; and (3) ordiances directing the religious life of Israel. By keeping His covenant's, we can reign as Priests in His Kingdom, which is the body of Christ.