JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q5. Equal Worship

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Q5. (Revelation 5:13) What is the significance of the same quality of worship being offered to both God the Father and Jesus Christ the Son?

Their equally worthy of our worship

What does this tell us about their relationship to each other?

Their Father and Son

Their relationship to us?

Father and child

The Father, Son, and Holy Spirit are one, after Jesus ascended He sent the Holy Spirit

to dwell in those who believe, this makes us one also, for if the Spirit is God and the Spirit dwells in us then God is in us and we are one.

The Creator and the Redeemer are equal in majesty and they are due all our praise. God can do all things: he is power, might, and strength. God has created all things including all in heaven and below. The lamb is an image of humility and sacrifice, and grace. God is the power and Christ is the saving grace giving us eternal life and eventual life with them in the Kingdom of Heaven.

The significance of the same quality of worship to God the Father and Jesus the Son tells us tht they are both equally worthy of worship. God says He will have no other gods before Him so that says that Jesus is God. Their relationship to each other is Father and Son and I think also God to God. Mathew Henry puts it this way "We worship and glorify one and the same God for our creation and for our redemption. " That makes their relationship to us Creator Father Redeemer and Brother since we are redeemed (grafted) into the family as heirs by the Son. "Oh the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God How unsearchable are His judgements and His ways past finding ouT!" Romans 11:33 This is all so much to try to comprehend. We've been blessed. We sinned and yet we are blessed.

God Bless

Jen

Worship is being offered to God as God, or God as the Father AND to Jesus as God the Son. Both receive the same worship. The Son is worthy because he is the Lamb slain for the sins of the whole world.

The Father and the Son are one. We worship and glorify one and the same God whether we call him Father, Abba, Lord or Jesus.

We have the same relationship with the Father as we do with the Son. Although we relate to them differently. That is why it is so important to use their different names in Scripture as it emphasizes different aspects of the Godhead. By this I mean, Yahweh Rapha, God my Healer; Yahweh Jireh, God my Provider; Yahweh Shaloam, God my Peace; Lamb of God; King of Kings and Lord of Lords; Bright and Morning Star; etc. This is not to forget the Holy Spirit, the Comforter who teaches us about Jesus and lives in us.

Q5. (Revelation 5:13) What is the significance of the same quality of worship being offered to both God the Father and Jesus Christ the Son? What does this tell us about their relationship to each other? Their relationship to us?

In our Creed's we pray "We believe in God the Father Almighty, His Son Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit" three in one, one in three.

Christ was in the beginning of creation when the Heavens and earth were formed. The Father was with His Son on the Cross as shared his Son's suffering as you would for your own son or daugher.

Their relationship to us is inseperatable, the three are with us always though we address each in a different manner - Father, Son, Spirit.

God Bless

Richard

undefined :blink: It isn't that I don't know, but often I forget. For instance: When starting to type in a 'reply' on this forum; I might forget to pray! I like the analogy of GOD to water: 3 in 1, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. Water can be in three forms: Solid if frozen, liquid if water, or gas if vapor. It is always two parts hydrogen and one part oxygen. I'm not a chemist, or an engineer, but my neighbor is. So I'm going to run this by Bill, my neighbor, and I pray that God will use it to HIS glory.

Love ...Bro. Al

God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit--all three are one. I, too, like the illustration of H2O being three apparently different substances when: liquid, gas, and solid. All are H2O, so still the same substance, just experienced in three different ways. Or, for children, when I try to teach them this concept, I tell them I am a wife, a mother, and a nurse. Then I ask them if I am three people. Sure, it's an oversimplification, but they can understand the principle easier than the H2O.

All three are God and all are worthy of worship! And, wonder of wonders, we are grafted into this "family" by the action of Jesus when He died for us! It blows my mind!

The Creator and the Redeemer are equal in majesty and they are due all our praise. God can do all things: he is power, might, and strength. God has created all things including all in heaven and below. The lamb is an image of humility and sacrifice, and grace. God is the power and Christ is the saving grace giving us eternal life and eventual life with them in the Kingdom of Heaven

That is really an awesome reply. I was simply going to say that according to the Trinity the Father, Son and Holy Spirit are one but this makes them distinct but one. thank you

susan

Q5. (Revelation 5:13) What is the significance of the same quality of worship being offered to both God the Father and Jesus Christ the Son? What does this tell us about their relationship to each other? Their relationship to us?

What is the significance of the same quality of worship being offered to both God the Father and Jesus Christ the Son?

Holy, Holy, Holy. Lord God Almighty, who was and is and is to come.

Blessing and honor and glory and power be to Him who sits on the throne and to the Lamb forever and ever. Rev. 5:13 (last half).

What does this tell us about their relationship to each other?

They are one, of equal importance; God the Father and God the Son both to be worshiped for ever and ever.

Their relationship to us?

Their relationship to us is created in love, bound in love, grown in love, and lived in love forever and ever. AMEN!

The significance of the same quality of worship being offered to both God the Father and Jesus Christ the son is they are one of the same,"God the Father",and "God the Son".The two are joined together.There cannot be the slightest doubt that the Lamb is to be reckoned with God and as God.We as believers know the relationship is of a loving Father, and a Saviour who died for us.

"God the Father,the Creator'God the Son,,The Lamb of God,our Saviour,"The Holy Spirit,the Comforter,who is with us always.~~~Blessings Linda~~~

Hi There'

Would just like to say that I am blessed by this study and enjoy studying the various answeres as we learn so much from each other. I found this question rather difficult to put into words but here goes!

The same quality of worship is offered to both God the Father and Jesus Christ the Son as both are one, namely God. Yet, they are both part of The Trinity, God the Father God the Son, the third member of the Trinity being The Holy Spirit. They are equal. In John 14:9,11 we see this. Verse 9"....Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father" and in verse 11"Believe me when I say that I am in the Father and the Father is in me" They are our Creator. Genesis 1:26 Let us in our own image" Also our Father (God) and Mediator (Jesus Christ).

In Christ.

Glynis.

Jesus and God the Father are one and cannot be worshiped different but together. We are the same in the eyes of God we are to be our brothers keeper, helper, and love them more than we do ourselves. Love one another as Christ loves us.

In Philippians 2: 10-11 Says, That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in Heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father. He was recongnized by many people as a mere Man. But He was more than that- He was still the Son of God, who continued to possess the Devine nature. He regarded sinners as more important than himself, and was just as concerned with their needs as His own. We have to cultivate within ourselves this same attitude and express it to others.

:rolleyes: There is no difference between the worthines of the Father and the Son. They are one and as such should be worshipped as one. We will be one iwth them and become priests and reign with them.

The significance of the same quality of worship to both God and Jesus is they are the same. When we worship God, and worship Jesus; we are worshipping to both of them. God loves Jesus, not like a earthly father loves his son. But in a spiritual way like how our Heavonly Father and earthly kids(christians). God is our Hevonly Daddy. He not only takes care of us, wraps his arm around us when we need it, but he pours out love, joy, and any emotion we might need at a single time in our lives. :D

:) The significance of the same quality of worship being offered to both God the Father and Jesus Christ the Son is that they both deserve all the glory and the honor and the power - to Him who sits on the throne and to the Lamb that was slain.

God the Father and God the Son are one, as Jesus said it in John 10:30: "I and my Father are one". They are equally God in two persons.

The significance of their relationship to us is that Jesus is now sitting on the right hand of God ever interceding for our every need to the Father in heaven. Having a High Priest over the house of God, let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience and our bodies washed with pure water. Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for He who promised is faithful. (Hebrews 10:21-23) :)

The significance of the same quality of worship being offered to both God the Father and Jesus Christ the Son is used to solidify that both are one and the same. They are a piece of each other-God stayed in Heaven and Jesus came to earth. They work together to draw us together so we will live in their kingdom forever.

It tells us that there us no difference. Jesus is God and God is Jesus. Only God the Father and God the Son can forgive sin. When we worship one we worship the other.

They are one and yet they are two. There love for each other goes beyond my understanding. Nothing gets in the way of their relationship.